• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:30
CEST 03:30
KST 10:30
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War385.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9287 users

Deus Ex 3!? - Page 3

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 74 75 76 Next
Fen
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
Australia1848 Posts
June 05 2010 09:02 GMT
#41
Ok, Im a HUGE fan of the original deus ex

However this game is not going to be anything like it. Ive been following the production since it was first announced and by the looks, the game is simply using the dues ex name and the dues ex universe to make a generic modern day shooter. The game itself will be very different from the style used in the original deus ex.

A few things that will be different

The game will be entirely in 3rd person mode
The game will have one of those 3rd person cover systems
Health regenerates after not beng shot for x amount of seconds

Now it may be good, but I believe this to be very unlikely.
fulmetljaket
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
482 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-05 09:04:13
June 05 2010 09:03 GMT
#42
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/deusex3/video/6264524/deus-ex-human-revolution-e3-2010-trailer?hd=1
"Hunter Seeker Missile Is Gay, Just Like You." - Anon @ US
snotboogie
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Australia3550 Posts
June 05 2010 09:47 GMT
#43
On June 05 2010 18:02 Fen wrote:
Ok, Im a HUGE fan of the original deus ex

However this game is not going to be anything like it. Ive been following the production since it was first announced and by the looks, the game is simply using the dues ex name and the dues ex universe to make a generic modern day shooter. The game itself will be very different from the style used in the original deus ex.

A few things that will be different

The game will be entirely in 3rd person mode
The game will have one of those 3rd person cover systems
Health regenerates after not beng shot for x amount of seconds

Now it may be good, but I believe this to be very unlikely.


As a hardcore fan of the original, I am absolutely cool with these changes, as long as they're done well. What matters more to me is enjoyable gameplay, the story, characters, level design and voice acting. I want to come out of this game loving new characters as much as I love the old ones (I renamed My Computer "Daedalus", lol).

*crosses fingers*
Cashout
Profile Joined May 2010
115 Posts
June 05 2010 09:57 GMT
#44
On June 05 2010 18:03 fulmetljaket wrote:
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/deusex3/video/6264524/deus-ex-human-revolution-e3-2010-trailer?hd=1

jizzed
snpnx
Profile Joined February 2010
Germany454 Posts
June 05 2010 11:09 GMT
#45
I loved DX, and I did enjoy DX2 even though it wasn't as great as the original and had this horrible "consol-ish" feeling to it all the time, but regenerating health and 3rd person view really doesn't sound like DX anymore :/
"Language is Freeware, in that it's free to use, but it's not Open Source, so you can't just change things how you like."
CCGaunt
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States417 Posts
June 05 2010 11:36 GMT
#46
Mmmmmmmmmmmm

reinstalll now!
Take me to Korea
niteReloaded
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Croatia5282 Posts
June 05 2010 12:16 GMT
#47
omg I completely forgot that I even played Deus Ex. I loved the game!
Baum
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Germany1010 Posts
June 05 2010 13:07 GMT
#48
On June 05 2010 18:47 snotboogie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 05 2010 18:02 Fen wrote:
Ok, Im a HUGE fan of the original deus ex

However this game is not going to be anything like it. Ive been following the production since it was first announced and by the looks, the game is simply using the dues ex name and the dues ex universe to make a generic modern day shooter. The game itself will be very different from the style used in the original deus ex.

A few things that will be different

The game will be entirely in 3rd person mode
The game will have one of those 3rd person cover systems
Health regenerates after not beng shot for x amount of seconds

Now it may be good, but I believe this to be very unlikely.


As a hardcore fan of the original, I am absolutely cool with these changes, as long as they're done well. What matters more to me is enjoyable gameplay, the story, characters, level design and voice acting. I want to come out of this game loving new characters as much as I love the old ones (I renamed My Computer "Daedalus", lol).

*crosses fingers*


Yeah, I agree. What made the first game so great was the atmosphere. If they can recreate this atmosphere i am fine with any game play adjustments.
I want to be with those who share secret things or else alone.
Tom Phoenix
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
1114 Posts
June 05 2010 13:41 GMT
#49
On November 27 2009 05:30 ruXxar wrote:
Show nested quote +
Final Fantasy developer Square Enix is helping out Eidos Montreal with Deus Ex 3, it was revealed today. Specifically, Square Enix is helping Eidos to develop the cutscenes and in-game cinematics.

While it may seem like an unusual partnership, Square Enix is apparently very proud to be working on the Deus Ex franchise and is keen to help Eidos on other IPs that are in production - Thief 4 in particular.

"The people in Tokyo are just so glad to work on it," said Eidos' Stephane D'Astous in a comment to Edge. "This is the first project for them that's a non-Final Fantasy title--they even want to work on Thief 4 too."

Square Enix bought out the UK-based Eidos earlier this year after the company fell on hard times and started looking for buy-out offers. While EA and Ubisoft were other contenders for the ownership of the Deus Ex, Thief and Tomb Raider franchises that Eidos owns, it was Square that closed the deal in the end.

News on Deus Ex 3 itself has been slow over the past few months, with an expect 2009 release date silently sliding out of sight while Eidos continues to work on the title. It has been confirmed that the game is a cyberpunk prequel to the first game though and that it won't be getting a console release due to the complexity of the game.

Source

A PC exclusive. With all the multiplatform games today, and the so called dying of the PC gaming. I'm really excited to see how this is going to unfold.


It isn't a PC exclusive. It is also being developed for the Xbox 360 and the PS3. That said, I wouldn't automatically take that as a sign that the PC version will be bad. Dragon Age: Origins was also a multiplatform title and people generally agreed it was best played on the PC.

I will admit that I have never played either the original or Invisible War. That said, I hear a lot of good things about the original and I really like the fact that it is an RPG. Plus, any new title for the PC is always good news.
You and your "5 years of competitive RTS experience" can take a hike. - FrozenArbiter
clusen
Profile Joined May 2010
Germany8702 Posts
June 05 2010 14:41 GMT
#50
I want System Shock 3, not Deus Ex 3...

Bioshock was not even close to System Shock 2. Invisible Ninjas were really scary, the whole game was pretty much perfect. The sound is still the best I've experienced. The alarm sound is still in my head....

And yes, I prefer System Shock 2 over Deus Ex. Both are great, though.

TonyL2
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
England1953 Posts
June 05 2010 15:25 GMT
#51
The full 3 minute trailer, damn that is impressive looking

Didn't play the old ones but tempted to now (after exams)
SiN]
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States540 Posts
June 05 2010 16:01 GMT
#52
The trailer was reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally good. I was stunned.
nevz
Profile Joined October 2008
Sweden72 Posts
June 05 2010 16:35 GMT
#53
I absolutely loved the first Deus ex game, probably one of my favorite SP games of all time. Sadly, DX2 was so damn horrible it's hard for me to be excited about this.
I'll try to be optimistic hope they get their act together and produce something worth the Deus ex name this time around though.
deo1
Profile Joined April 2010
United States199 Posts
June 05 2010 16:39 GMT
#54
On June 05 2010 18:03 fulmetljaket wrote:
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/deusex3/video/6264524/deus-ex-human-revolution-e3-2010-trailer?hd=1


Alternate source:
[image loading]


I loved the original Deus Ex, probably one of the top 2 or 3 games of all time in my book.

As a note, the trailer says this is in 2027, about 23 years before the original Deus Ex. I don't remember the story well enough to know if the main character could be related to JC Denton in some way. "Adam" doesn't ring any bells...

I read on trusty wiki that Square Enix is only responsible for the cut scenes, I can't help but think that's probably a good thing for this series.
Poooooor Protoss.
Fraidnot
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States824 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-05 17:43:28
June 05 2010 17:42 GMT
#55
I wasn't a believer but after seeing that trailer, I'm ready to give into the hope that cautious optimism can be rewarded.

I'm pretty sure there was no mention of an Adam in the other games, maybe he's suppose to be JC and Paul's father or something. Either way a fresh start to the series is fine by me.
k!llua
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Australia895 Posts
June 05 2010 18:20 GMT
#56
Dragon Age: Origins was also a multiplatform title and people generally agreed it was best played on the PC.


Whether a game is best played on PC or console generally depends on the developer. DA:O was done by Bioware, who were been a PC-exclusive developer for at least a decade.

In retrospect take a look at FIFA, which has been an updated port on the PC from 2006 while the console developers have moved the game onward and upward.
my hair is a wookie, your argument is invalid
autoD
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada20 Posts
June 05 2010 18:28 GMT
#57
I played the first one a lot which is still one of my all time favorites. I can remember mention of a Deus Ex 3 but didn't know it actually in the work. Gotta say that trailer was amazing one of the best I've ever seen game or movie looks like another awesome storyline.
derp
Sadistx
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Zimbabwe5568 Posts
June 05 2010 18:33 GMT
#58
I like that they are doing a prequel with more mechanical style implants instead of nanobots, because the Denton storyline has pretty much been closed in the first 2 games.

The cover and regen health system I'm indifferent towards, but Gears of War had it too and it was a good game.

I hope they have coop in some form too.
Danzepol
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States211 Posts
June 05 2010 18:51 GMT
#59
i only played invisible war, but i liked it quite a bit
in a fox with a box
Sadistx
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Zimbabwe5568 Posts
June 05 2010 18:57 GMT
#60
On June 06 2010 03:51 Danzepol wrote:
i only played invisible war, but i liked it quite a bit

You should definitely play the original, it's certainly better storywise than Invisible War.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 74 75 76 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
08:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings95
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ViBE169
StarCraft: Brood War
Sharp 45
Bale 26
Dota 2
monkeys_forever548
NeuroSwarm209
League of Legends
Doublelift4022
Counter-Strike
taco 483
Other Games
summit1g7097
JimRising 497
C9.Mang0351
ToD87
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick715
BasetradeTV172
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 136
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP88
• poizon28 41
• davetesta27
• Adnapsc2 8
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra871
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
8h 31m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
10h 31m
AI Arena Tournament
15h 31m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
17h 31m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 8h
Patches Events
1d 13h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 17h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 17h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.