• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:57
CEST 12:57
KST 19:57
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War615.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion TL Sidebar missing streams ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7584 users

Deus Ex 3!? - Page 74

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 72 73 74 75 76 Next
HackBenjamin
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada1094 Posts
October 11 2011 17:47 GMT
#1461
Hacking is very worth it, I maxxed hacking as soon as I could.
ballasdontcry
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada595 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-11 18:49:41
October 11 2011 18:48 GMT
#1462
If you're going the stealth route, probably most of the stealth augs are good. Like the silent walking augs, cloaking, that stuff actually helps in certain areas where you have a lot of patrols. By far the most useful stealth aug would be double takedown. If you're going to use ranged weapons a lot, the aim stabilizer augs may be an option for you. Carrying capacity should be upgraded gradually along the way, though if you play stealth/minimal you shouldn't carry any heavy/large items, but it's nice not to have to dump stuff too often and save up whenever you have a chance to sell at a later time.

If you want to beat boss fights in a flash, put a point in Typhoon, and you'll laugh at how easily they go down.

Radar/HUD upgrades are meh, I don't find them particularly useful so feel free to add points near the end but they shouldn't be a priority. Social enhancer is not necessary either.
BeMannerDuPenner
Profile Blog Joined April 2004
Germany5638 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-11 18:55:06
October 11 2011 18:53 GMT
#1463
On October 12 2011 03:48 ballasdontcry wrote:
If you're going the stealth route, probably most of the stealth augs are good. Like the silent walking augs, cloaking, that stuff actually helps in certain areas where you have a lot of patrols. By far the most useful stealth aug would be double takedown. If you're going to use ranged weapons a lot, the aim stabilizer augs may be an option for you. Carrying capacity should be upgraded gradually along the way, though if you play stealth/minimal you shouldn't carry any heavy/large items, but it's nice not to have to dump stuff too often and save up whenever you have a chance to sell at a later time.

If you want to beat boss fights in a flash, put a point in Typhoon, and you'll laugh at how easily they go down.

Radar/HUD upgrades are meh, I don't find them particularly useful so feel free to add points near the end but they shouldn't be a priority. Social enhancer is not necessary either.


sadly the social enhancer is somewhat needed if you want the full story since some dialogue you cant see without.

but i agree with the double takedown.many said its next to useless. but for a stealthy / nonlethal way its jsut amazing.

and id say always get backpack space first. its not like you need any augs at the start anyways. but it just sucks to leave stuff behind or always be limited to 1 maybe 2 weapons

but hacking is def #1 most important. you can play the game perfectly fine without any of the others. but without hacking your gonna miss out on a shit ton.
life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery
Juice!
Profile Joined January 2011
Belgium295 Posts
October 11 2011 19:19 GMT
#1464
Thank you guys!

I'll go with backpack first, caus it sucks indeed to leave stuff behind .. (i play stealth, but with long ranged weapons, if thats possible ^^ the sniper is pretty large so i'll need this probebly)
then the social enhancer and hacking and those stealth things =)

About the silent walk, that one was something i'm not sure about. Since i'm almost always crouched(if that's the correct word) so i don't really feel like i need it or am i wrong?
Second place is just a fancy term for loser
Zinnwaldite
Profile Joined August 2010
Norway1567 Posts
October 11 2011 19:35 GMT
#1465
aprox how many praxis-points will i get when playing through the game?

i like to plan ahead a bit,, can't play the game untill i get my new mouse,, my shitty 50kr/8.50$ mouse is completely useless when playing fps's..
We promise with a view to hope, but the reason to "accomplish" what we promised would be fear.
ballasdontcry
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada595 Posts
October 11 2011 19:38 GMT
#1466
it really depends, cause praxis points are a function mainly of how much XP you collect. the stealthier you play, the more XP you'll get (meaning, more non-lethal kills, hacking terminals, etc)

but you can probably expect somewhere around the 30s.
BeMannerDuPenner
Profile Blog Joined April 2004
Germany5638 Posts
October 11 2011 20:53 GMT
#1467
On October 12 2011 04:19 Juice! wrote:
Thank you guys!

I'll go with backpack first, caus it sucks indeed to leave stuff behind .. (i play stealth, but with long ranged weapons, if thats possible ^^ the sniper is pretty large so i'll need this probebly)
then the social enhancer and hacking and those stealth things =)

About the silent walk, that one was something i'm not sure about. Since i'm almost always crouched(if that's the correct word) so i don't really feel like i need it or am i wrong?


you NEED almost nothing. i played through almost the entire game without the stealth skills and almost never got even seen. just took some of em cause the end was in sight and i still had like 15 points banked.
life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery
DisaFear
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Australia4074 Posts
October 14 2011 06:15 GMT
#1468
The Deus Ex:The Missing Link DLC will come out on the 18th/19th and will cost $15 for about 4-5 hours of gameplay
How devious | http://anartisticanswer.blogspot.com.au/
FabledIntegral
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States9232 Posts
October 14 2011 06:20 GMT
#1469
Does this game get better? I find it extremely boring, I'm in Shanghai lower district atm.

+ Show Spoiler +
Just got the confession out of Lee for a side mission and had his face posted all over hte Hive. I haven't played in a while due to boredom from it. Nothing feels like it matters in this game. I've quicksaved before dialogue choices and reloaded to find out regardless of what you say identical outcomes occur. I think the aug enhancements are insanely boring, the side quests are all insanely boring/have no variety, etc. RPGs are my favorite games and I used to LOVE squaresoft before squareenix so I'm a little disappointed
Mobius_1
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United Kingdom2763 Posts
October 14 2011 08:32 GMT
#1470
On October 14 2011 15:20 FabledIntegral wrote:
Does this game get better? I find it extremely boring, I'm in Shanghai lower district atm.

+ Show Spoiler +
Just got the confession out of Lee for a side mission and had his face posted all over hte Hive. I haven't played in a while due to boredom from it. Nothing feels like it matters in this game. I've quicksaved before dialogue choices and reloaded to find out regardless of what you say identical outcomes occur. I think the aug enhancements are insanely boring, the side quests are all insanely boring/have no variety, etc. RPGs are my favorite games and I used to LOVE squaresoft before squareenix so I'm a little disappointed


I'm only 2 or so missions into Shanghai but I already love this game, but it is very much a taste thing, I'm personally not that bothered with the linearity of the game, and find the whole augmentation debate and corporatisation of the world quite interesting. I am a little disappointed by how un-Chinese the Chinese NPCs look, but that might just be because we are all beige and mixed in 2027, also while the individual lines of conversations are well-acted, there are sometimes unnatural pauses and inconsistent tones + Show Spoiler +
such as if you choose different options in the talk with Sarif in his office after FEMA
that detracts slightly from the experience.

But oh wait, I remember the biggest reason why I love this game: the music is awesome.
Starleague Forever. RIP KT Violet~
sc4k
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United Kingdom5454 Posts
October 14 2011 08:48 GMT
#1471
This game is pretty good but really left me cold in comparison to Deus Ex (1). Something about it feels too...simplified and molly coddling. For a start it's too easy. You get too many praxis points. THEY GOT RID OF SKILLS in weapons. Which is to me a big no no. It was awesome how you could develop your character as a master of pistols or a shotgun commando in the original. And they got rid of melee weapons wtf??? How does that make any sense? There was less to explore, and by the end the 'secret' side routes just got boring.

The worst part of the game is by far the bosses. The way 'bosses' were done in Deus Ex was so much more classy. For example, 'kill-phrases', and being able to literally avoid bosses. In 3, it's like 'here is a boss, you have to fight in a small confined space', and it becomes a boring FPS grind to find the weakness (or just abuse typhoon).

As far as the music goes...well it is AWESOME, but of course, completely derivative of Deus Ex 1, which has better music by virtue of being the original source.

Basically my final point is that anyone who played Deus Ex 3 and even remotely enjoyed it should play Deus Ex 1, because it is imo number 1 game of all time, and Deus Ex 3 might be around number 130
Boblion
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
France8043 Posts
October 14 2011 08:54 GMT
#1472
On October 14 2011 15:20 FabledIntegral wrote:
Does this game get better? I find it extremely boring, I'm in Shanghai lower district atm.

+ Show Spoiler +
Just got the confession out of Lee for a side mission and had his face posted all over hte Hive. I haven't played in a while due to boredom from it. Nothing feels like it matters in this game. I've quicksaved before dialogue choices and reloaded to find out regardless of what you say identical outcomes occur. I think the aug enhancements are insanely boring, the side quests are all insanely boring/have no variety, etc. RPGs are my favorite games and I used to LOVE squaresoft before squareenix so I'm a little disappointed

Nah it won't get better.
fuck all those elitists brb watching streams of elite players.
ballasdontcry
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada595 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-14 16:35:20
October 14 2011 16:32 GMT
#1473
On October 14 2011 15:15 DisaFear wrote:
The Deus Ex:The Missing Link DLC will come out on the 18th/19th and will cost $15 for about 4-5 hours of gameplay

$15? as I'm already not a very frequent DLC buyer (or supporter of the concept even), this price is really going to make me think twice before buying.

i was able to preorder this game for less than $40 from a steam reseller and I got 26 hours out of my first playthrough. to pay nearly half that for 20% of the playtime is absolutely ridiculous.

i think i'll wait for the inevitable steam sale where they slash the price by at least 33% if not more.
FabledIntegral
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States9232 Posts
October 14 2011 19:55 GMT
#1474
On October 14 2011 17:54 Boblion wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 14 2011 15:20 FabledIntegral wrote:
Does this game get better? I find it extremely boring, I'm in Shanghai lower district atm.

+ Show Spoiler +
Just got the confession out of Lee for a side mission and had his face posted all over hte Hive. I haven't played in a while due to boredom from it. Nothing feels like it matters in this game. I've quicksaved before dialogue choices and reloaded to find out regardless of what you say identical outcomes occur. I think the aug enhancements are insanely boring, the side quests are all insanely boring/have no variety, etc. RPGs are my favorite games and I used to LOVE squaresoft before squareenix so I'm a little disappointed

Nah it won't get better.


Bleh. I got it free when buying an AMD GPU. Would have rather had $20 off the price.
Mobius_1
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United Kingdom2763 Posts
October 17 2011 07:54 GMT
#1475
On October 14 2011 17:48 sc4k wrote:
This game is pretty good but really left me cold in comparison to Deus Ex (1). Something about it feels too...simplified and molly coddling. For a start it's too easy. You get too many praxis points. THEY GOT RID OF SKILLS in weapons. Which is to me a big no no. It was awesome how you could develop your character as a master of pistols or a shotgun commando in the original. And they got rid of melee weapons wtf??? How does that make any sense? There was less to explore, and by the end the 'secret' side routes just got boring.

The worst part of the game is by far the bosses. The way 'bosses' were done in Deus Ex was so much more classy. For example, 'kill-phrases', and being able to literally avoid bosses. In 3, it's like 'here is a boss, you have to fight in a small confined space', and it becomes a boring FPS grind to find the weakness (or just abuse typhoon).

As far as the music goes...well it is AWESOME, but of course, completely derivative of Deus Ex 1, which has better music by virtue of being the original source.

Basically my final point is that anyone who played Deus Ex 3 and even remotely enjoyed it should play Deus Ex 1, because it is imo number 1 game of all time, and Deus Ex 3 might be around number 130


Unfortunately I wasn't around the English-language gaming scene early enough to have played DX1, so I played DXHR with a tabula rasa instead of best-game-ever expectations, which is probably why I enjoyed it more than you.

More or less the same story with BW and SC2 as well, never played BW seriously so didn't really feel SC2 was lacking too much.

Who knows, if I get a couple of months off in 2012 as I plan to then I'll go catch up to all the great old games I've missed.
Starleague Forever. RIP KT Violet~
Bleak
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Turkey3059 Posts
October 17 2011 10:45 GMT
#1476
I finished the game just now. A truly amazing game, fantastic, one of the best games I've ever played in 2011. Presentation, story, characters, the epicness of the gameplay and the charisma of the main character, is awesome. The four endings are all justified in their own ways, and really make it worth all the way to play it. It took me around 41-42 hours, I tried to find almost everything, I missed few books here and there I guess.

If you don't have this game, just don't think twice and go get it. You won't be disappointed. It is awesome.
"I am a beacon of knowledge blazing out across a black sea of ignorance. "
Miss_Cleo
Profile Joined March 2010
United States406 Posts
October 18 2011 05:47 GMT
#1477
steam has the new DLC (missing link) for $14.99 and deus ex 3 is on sale (25% off)

has anyone played it yet? is it worth the money?
MisterD
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Germany1338 Posts
October 18 2011 13:02 GMT
#1478
i put up a poll in the steam thread whether it's worth the money or not. So far, it looks like it is.

Crosslink: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=198372
Gold isn't everything in life... you need wood, too!
Doodsmack
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7224 Posts
October 18 2011 17:26 GMT
#1479
On October 07 2011 01:48 Boblion wrote:
I feel really sorry for you if you think that Dx3 has a good AI and good boss fights.



What's that, he disagrees with you? Must not be as smart as you. Bosses that have repetitive patterns?!?! That's new to video games. There have never been good boss fights in which the boss had repetitive patterns. Not even the Metal Gear Solid games.
ballasdontcry
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada595 Posts
October 18 2011 17:34 GMT
#1480
On October 18 2011 22:02 MisterD wrote:
i put up a poll in the steam thread whether it's worth the money or not. So far, it looks like it is.

Crosslink: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=198372

I think he's asking about the DLC...
Prev 1 72 73 74 75 76 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
herO vs HackErIsTopLIVE!
ByuN vs TBD
TBD vs Classic
CranKy Ducklings117
SHIN 57
CranKy Ducklings SOOP49
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ByuN 258
OGKoka 234
mouzHeroMarine 198
SHIN 57
MindelVK 12
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 49941
Calm 9593
Rain 2802
FanTaSy 1022
soO 978
BeSt 848
Bisu 657
Stork 374
Soulkey 324
Soma 287
[ Show more ]
Rush 221
firebathero 206
Last 138
Pusan 84
Mind 75
Light 66
Snow 60
Sexy 54
ToSsGirL 53
Shinee 45
Sharp 37
Killer 29
hero 25
Mong 25
Trap 23
Sacsri 20
Hm[arnc] 20
HiyA 18
yabsab 17
sorry 16
Terrorterran 16
zelot 16
Shine 15
Noble 8
IntoTheRainbow 5
scan(afreeca) 4
Dota 2
Gorgc6883
League of Legends
Reynor59
Counter-Strike
byalli659
x6flipin154
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King114
Other Games
gofns29840
singsing1834
Pyrionflax231
Chillindude3
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV236
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 9
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 62
• Gemini_19 3
• Dystopia_ 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV409
League of Legends
• Jankos3410
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
4h 3m
BSL Open Qualifier
8h 3m
BSL Open Qualifier
8h 3m
OSC
12h 3m
OSC
1d 1h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.