• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:09
CEST 01:09
KST 08:09
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9736 users

Tera MMORPG - Page 4

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 195 196 197 Next
Macabre
Profile Joined July 2010
United States1262 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-29 22:17:24
August 29 2010 22:15 GMT
#61
On August 30 2010 04:04 bmml wrote:
Maybe its just me but I actually prefer games without instanced dungeons, Instanced anything in MMOs generally ruins it for me. AoC, HGL, Aion etc all ruined due to the lack of true MMO open world awesome for example Lineage 2's open world dungeons were freaking amazing and led to some crazy nights of PVE/P. Admitadely this looks like it could have some serious flaws but I for one am going to look forward to it (or at least a beta where I can test it out).



TERA has both instanced and open world dungeons. I agree the open world dungeons amount for some awesome PvE/P politics and what not. Fighting over a spot should be amazing.

Here is a link showing 13 of the instances that are in the game now, some cool lore behind each of them as well.

http://www.terafans.com/topic/2305-13-instanceszones-with-photos/?s=4b849fc31b8c04fd602947c341f62bb9




As far as it being a EASTERN fail grind fest. En Masse has the go ahead from Blue Hole(The korean developer) to change the code to "westernize" the game as they see fit. They added a TON more quests for us, as did they lower the "Grind"

Try it before you knock it I would say. They have amazing writers for the lore, the world is massive, I think the content will be there. They have over 600 quests, most of them not the common "kill this, run here" type. They have lots of interactive NPC's/items/puzzles for quests.


I totally agree with the comments on instances btw. I've been railing against over-instancing for half a decade, and people always think I'm crazy. The days of MMORPGs as virtual worlds and online communities are long past; modern MMOs aspire to be nothing more than single player games with built-in chatroom


TERA is mostly open world. They have instances for content, most of the game takes place in open world. It takes over a hour to run through the map(though they did add travel systems for casuals, pegasus flying points(think WoW) and teleporters(lineage 2).) The Terrain is beautiful, I for one can't wait to explore.
Those who know how to think need no teachers. Tasteless - I think I'll take my shirt off and let my muscles do the casting
YunhOLee
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Canada2470 Posts
August 29 2010 22:23 GMT
#62
will definately try it out if it's free to play with only an item shop like most other MMORPGs are nowadays
Live it, love it, play it, kill it. JulyZerg and IPXZerg greatest TL.net fan
Macabre
Profile Joined July 2010
United States1262 Posts
August 30 2010 13:35 GMT
#63
On August 30 2010 07:23 YunhOLee wrote:
will definately try it out if it's free to play with only an item shop like most other MMORPGs are nowadays



TERA will be P2P, which it should be.
Those who know how to think need no teachers. Tasteless - I think I'll take my shirt off and let my muscles do the casting
Inkarnate
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada840 Posts
August 30 2010 13:54 GMT
#64
Applied for beta a few months ago, nothing yet
Sinnq
Profile Joined April 2010
Denmark75 Posts
August 30 2010 14:08 GMT
#65
It looks interesting, but as already stated, that does not matter. There's so many factors to consider in an mmo for it to be an success. If it does well I wil probably check it out.
Perkins1752
Profile Joined May 2009
Germany214 Posts
August 30 2010 14:10 GMT
#66
I would never touch a mmo at release. It always goes like this:
getting hyped -> buying the game -> regretting you paid money for a horrible game
logic13
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Sweden128 Posts
August 30 2010 18:31 GMT
#67
Looks truly awsome, exciting stuff!
T3tra
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States406 Posts
August 30 2010 20:07 GMT
#68
On August 30 2010 23:10 Perkins1752 wrote:
I would never touch a mmo at release. It always goes like this:
getting hyped -> buying the game -> regretting you paid money for a horrible game



Sad truth

At least you have the game for when it's patched to decency later?

Guild Wars 2 looks pretty good, I'm hoping the game is polished enough to really be fun when it comes out. Same for Tera.
I need this place like I need a shotgun blast to the face.
FroZeNN
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States165 Posts
August 30 2010 20:44 GMT
#69
wow this game actually looks like it could compete with WoW, all depends how dedicated the support team is and if all of the ideas that they are trying to implement into the game actually work when tons of people play it, might be the first MMO i buy at release
"More GG More Skill" - WhiteRa
drlame
Profile Joined February 2010
Sweden574 Posts
August 30 2010 21:06 GMT
#70
On August 31 2010 05:07 T3tra wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 30 2010 23:10 Perkins1752 wrote:
I would never touch a mmo at release. It always goes like this:
getting hyped -> buying the game -> regretting you paid money for a horrible game



Sad truth

At least you have the game for when it's patched to decency later?

Guild Wars 2 looks pretty good, I'm hoping the game is polished enough to really be fun when it comes out. Same for Tera.


Indeed, except that GW2 has the potential to be 100 times cheaper, if you catch my drift.
SayaSP
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Laos5494 Posts
August 30 2010 21:36 GMT
#71
On August 29 2010 19:49 H wrote:
I don't care what anyone else says. I'm going to play this game and roll Slayer and there is nothing anyone can do to stop me.

I roll with u bro I love u
[iHs]SSP | I-NO-KI BOM-BA-YE | のヮの http://tinyurl.com/MLIStheCV , MLIS.
FroZeNN
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States165 Posts
August 31 2010 01:53 GMT
#72
So anyone know is the closed beta over? is there gonna be an open beta?
"More GG More Skill" - WhiteRa
eSen1a
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Australia1058 Posts
August 31 2010 02:38 GMT
#73
damn mannnn

swtor, gw2, and now this
have craved mmo since quit wow 2 years ago and dammit i might get pulled back into one -.-''
Jibba
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States22883 Posts
August 31 2010 03:05 GMT
#74
On August 30 2010 04:46 Sfydjklm wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 30 2010 04:04 bmml wrote:
Maybe its just me but I actually prefer games without instanced dungeons, Instanced anything in MMOs generally ruins it for me. AoC, HGL, Aion etc all ruined due to the lack of true MMO open world awesome for example Lineage 2's open world dungeons were freaking amazing and led to some crazy nights of PVE/P. Admitadely this looks like it could have some serious flaws but I for one am going to look forward to it (or at least a beta where I can test it out).

have you played wow? instances really make the "open world" seem bland.

I think it's the other way around. Obviously the PvE content isn't usually as good without an instance, but the effect of having PvP and PvE at the same time is incredible.

In Vanilla, even once we were clearing Naxx, we still tried to make Kazak and Green Dragons, going as far as to call people in the middle of the night, simply to establish server dominance and beat out other guilds. That continued to some extent in BC, except the other guilds didn't really have any desire for true PvP like this. :/

ModeratorNow I'm distant, dark in this anthrobeat
Jibba
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States22883 Posts
August 31 2010 03:09 GMT
#75
On August 30 2010 23:10 Perkins1752 wrote:
I would never touch a mmo at release. It always goes like this:
getting hyped -> buying the game -> regretting you paid money for a horrible game

L2 ran an open beta for like 2 months before release, so a lot of people were already hooked at release.

I had my Calc BC tests the day after the release.
ModeratorNow I'm distant, dark in this anthrobeat
snotboogie
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Australia3550 Posts
August 31 2010 03:28 GMT
#76
2011 is already jam packed for MMOs for me. I still don't know whether The Secret World or Star Wars: The Old Republic will be my main MMO.
TriniMasta
Profile Joined December 2009
United States1323 Posts
August 31 2010 03:57 GMT
#77
On August 29 2010 20:29 H wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 29 2010 20:26 bmml wrote:
Looks like a more westernized action Lineage 2, which sounds p good to me.


That's actually exactly what I was thinking, haha. As long as I don't have to fuckin' click to move this will be great.

lol yea, one of the biggest problems I had with these games
정명훈 FIGHTING!!! Play both T and P.
Bowzer
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada214 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-31 04:08:13
August 31 2010 04:07 GMT
#78
I was in the first and second FGT's for Tera, and I can tell you first hand that if you thought Aion was lame and linear and boring... This game will bore you to tears even more.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask away.
A drinking community with a gaming problem.
CatBro
Profile Joined May 2010
United States8 Posts
August 31 2010 07:34 GMT
#79
On August 31 2010 13:07 Bowzer wrote:
I was in the first and second FGT's for Tera, and I can tell you first hand that if you thought Aion was lame and linear and boring... This game will bore you to tears even more.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask away.


can you elaborate on why tera is so bad? its hard to imagine a game being worse than Aion
bmml
Profile Joined December 2009
United Kingdom962 Posts
August 31 2010 09:57 GMT
#80
On August 31 2010 12:28 snotboogie wrote:
2011 is already jam packed for MMOs for me. I still don't know whether The Secret World or Star Wars: The Old Republic will be my main MMO.



I swear I must be the only person on the internet who thinks SW:TOR, I'm hoping the videos just dont do the game justice because apart from full voice acting the game has nothing new when it comes to MMO's and what seems like a truely watered down PVP system akin to WoW.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 195 196 197 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
CranKy Ducklings16
Liquipedia
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
ZZZero.O151
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 1
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 988
ZZZero.O 151
Bale 18
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm163
League of Legends
Doublelift5440
JimRising 746
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5590
Other Games
summit1g9846
FrodaN3241
KnowMe205
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1218
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream41
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP20
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie960
• Shiphtur189
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
10h 52m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
11h 52m
Monday Night Weeklies
16h 52m
Replay Cast
23h 52m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 10h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 11h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.