• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:25
CEST 00:25
KST 07:25
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9299 users

Tera MMORPG - Page 3

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 195 196 197 Next
Cofo
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States1388 Posts
August 29 2010 16:47 GMT
#41
I've been keeping an eye on this game for a while, but with cautious optimism. It looks really nice, and the gameplay seems interesting. I'll most likely be picking it up to see if it's worth it, if nothing else.
+ Show Spoiler +
T3tra
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States406 Posts
August 29 2010 17:09 GMT
#42
The King/politics part of the game sounds incredibly interesting.

I'll be really interested to see how that turns out. Hopefully well.
I need this place like I need a shotgun blast to the face.
OPSavioR
Profile Joined March 2010
Sweden1465 Posts
August 29 2010 17:35 GMT
#43
It looks like a fun game... too bad im hooked on EVE online..
i dunno lol
TaKemE
Profile Joined April 2010
Denmark1045 Posts
August 29 2010 18:06 GMT
#44
Im for sure going to try it but im more "hyped" for blade and soul.
Asdkmoga
Profile Joined May 2010
United States496 Posts
August 29 2010 18:15 GMT
#45
oh man, looks pretty good... and i had just hopped off the mmorpg train aswell... bah.
"Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence, three times is enemy action and over 600 is clearly the work of an ancient Sumerian demon or some shit."
illu
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada2531 Posts
August 29 2010 18:22 GMT
#46
This (and some other video) almost got me into MMORPG. But I know the danger of it all too well.

:]
Rev0lution
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States1805 Posts
August 29 2010 18:29 GMT
#47
If you're going to waste your life in an MMORPG then let it be WoW.

All asian MMORPGs are FAIL. It basically goes like this.

1) Insane grind (see Lineage 2)
2) Factions (see Silkroad,
3) Few to no instances (see all Asian MMOs)
4) Crappy bosses
5) Free to play, but pay to enjoy (see item mall)

The problem with free to play games and I'm not saying that Tera will be F2P is that they claim no responsibility for new content and/or game support. They charge money without having the responsibility that games like WoW, Eve Online and Lord of the Rings have.
My dealer is my best friend, and we don't even chill.
illu
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada2531 Posts
August 29 2010 18:31 GMT
#48
On August 30 2010 03:29 Rev0lution wrote:
If you're going to waste your life in an MMORPG then let it be WoW.

All asian MMORPGs are FAIL. It basically goes like this.

1) Insane grind (see Lineage 2)
2) Factions (see Silkroad,
3) Few to no instances (see all Asian MMOs)
4) Crappy bosses
5) Free to play, but pay to enjoy (see item mall)

The problem with free to play games and I'm not saying that Tera will be F2P is that they claim no responsibility for new content and/or game support. They charge money without having the responsibility that games like WoW, Eve Online and Lord of the Rings have.

instances????? what is that
:]
bmml
Profile Joined December 2009
United Kingdom962 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-29 19:05:51
August 29 2010 19:04 GMT
#49
Maybe its just me but I actually prefer games without instanced dungeons, Instanced anything in MMOs generally ruins it for me. AoC, HGL, Aion etc all ruined due to the lack of true MMO open world awesome for example Lineage 2's open world dungeons were freaking amazing and led to some crazy nights of PVE/P. Admitadely this looks like it could have some serious flaws but I for one am going to look forward to it (or at least a beta where I can test it out).
VorcePA
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
United States1102 Posts
August 29 2010 19:14 GMT
#50
On August 30 2010 03:29 Rev0lution wrote:

3) Few to no instances (see all Asian MMOs)


Good thing I hate instancing. I think its the worst thing to happen to MMOs.
Shitposting
DannyJ
Profile Joined March 2010
United States5110 Posts
August 29 2010 19:36 GMT
#51
Pretty sure if it's an Asian MMORPG it's going to suck big time after a couple weeks.

It sure does look pretty though, I'll give it that,
Sfydjklm
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
United States9218 Posts
August 29 2010 19:46 GMT
#52
On August 30 2010 04:04 bmml wrote:
Maybe its just me but I actually prefer games without instanced dungeons, Instanced anything in MMOs generally ruins it for me. AoC, HGL, Aion etc all ruined due to the lack of true MMO open world awesome for example Lineage 2's open world dungeons were freaking amazing and led to some crazy nights of PVE/P. Admitadely this looks like it could have some serious flaws but I for one am going to look forward to it (or at least a beta where I can test it out).

have you played wow? instances really make the "open world" seem bland.
twitter.com/therealdhalism | "Trying out Z = lots of losses vs inferior players until you figure out how to do it well (if it even works)."- Liquid'Tyler
Zhek
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Canada342 Posts
August 29 2010 19:56 GMT
#53
Tera? That's the name of the game. I always thought it was Tits & Ass The Game. :D
bmml
Profile Joined December 2009
United Kingdom962 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-29 19:59:33
August 29 2010 19:57 GMT
#54
On August 30 2010 04:46 Sfydjklm wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 30 2010 04:04 bmml wrote:
Maybe its just me but I actually prefer games without instanced dungeons, Instanced anything in MMOs generally ruins it for me. AoC, HGL, Aion etc all ruined due to the lack of true MMO open world awesome for example Lineage 2's open world dungeons were freaking amazing and led to some crazy nights of PVE/P. Admitadely this looks like it could have some serious flaws but I for one am going to look forward to it (or at least a beta where I can test it out).

have you played wow? instances really make the "open world" seem bland.



WoW does seperate instanced content and open world content well yes and is/was a terrific MMO, however since the increase in cross realm instancing of both dungeons and pvp the game has lost a sense of community that in my eyes an MMO requires. Cross realm transfers further helped to ruin the community aspect from many of the "old" servers which I found rather heart breaking I mean I played WoW for a long time after vanilla but never felt that server communities recovered from the blow of the "over instancing" of the game.

Dropping outdoor raid bosses also really dented the experience, anyone who played vanilla WoW and competed for the outdoor raids knows that the game lost a large amount of its charm without them.
Pufftrees
Profile Joined March 2009
2449 Posts
August 29 2010 20:06 GMT
#55
I'm definitely looking forward to this. Some people spew out some crazy random hate for any new MMO and I don't really get it. You'd think it was just WOW loyalists but obviously more then that in this thread. I am an MMO junkie and recently I did enjoy AoC, WH, and of course WoW and yes most mmo's flop. I try to keep an open mind about them though and withdraw judgement until played.

Assuming a new MMO will be terrible is usually a correct assumption, but I prefer to be optimistic about them (KNOW they won't be bug free) and actually treat them individually. Once you try to blanket compare mmo's across the board you will almost always be disappointed, but if you just treat each game individually there are countless hours of fun game play available (which is what should matter).
Chance favors the prepared mind.
GodIsNotHere
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada395 Posts
August 29 2010 20:11 GMT
#56
On August 30 2010 04:57 bmml wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 30 2010 04:46 Sfydjklm wrote:
On August 30 2010 04:04 bmml wrote:
Maybe its just me but I actually prefer games without instanced dungeons, Instanced anything in MMOs generally ruins it for me. AoC, HGL, Aion etc all ruined due to the lack of true MMO open world awesome for example Lineage 2's open world dungeons were freaking amazing and led to some crazy nights of PVE/P. Admitadely this looks like it could have some serious flaws but I for one am going to look forward to it (or at least a beta where I can test it out).

have you played wow? instances really make the "open world" seem bland.



WoW does seperate instanced content and open world content well yes and is/was a terrific MMO, however since the increase in cross realm instancing of both dungeons and pvp the game has lost a sense of community that in my eyes an MMO requires. Cross realm transfers further helped to ruin the community aspect from many of the "old" servers which I found rather heart breaking I mean I played WoW for a long time after vanilla but never felt that server communities recovered from the blow of the "over instancing" of the game.

Dropping outdoor raid bosses also really dented the experience, anyone who played vanilla WoW and competed for the outdoor raids knows that the game lost a large amount of its charm without them.

Lol fighting over the world Dragon spawns always put a smile on my face... and having one or two lvl1 characters at each in case it was the mushroom one just for the lulz.
In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill.
Sfydjklm
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
United States9218 Posts
August 29 2010 20:18 GMT
#57
On August 30 2010 04:57 bmml wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 30 2010 04:46 Sfydjklm wrote:
On August 30 2010 04:04 bmml wrote:
Maybe its just me but I actually prefer games without instanced dungeons, Instanced anything in MMOs generally ruins it for me. AoC, HGL, Aion etc all ruined due to the lack of true MMO open world awesome for example Lineage 2's open world dungeons were freaking amazing and led to some crazy nights of PVE/P. Admitadely this looks like it could have some serious flaws but I for one am going to look forward to it (or at least a beta where I can test it out).

have you played wow? instances really make the "open world" seem bland.



WoW does seperate instanced content and open world content well yes and is/was a terrific MMO, however since the increase in cross realm instancing of both dungeons and pvp the game has lost a sense of community that in my eyes an MMO requires. Cross realm transfers further helped to ruin the community aspect from many of the "old" servers which I found rather heart breaking I mean I played WoW for a long time after vanilla but never felt that server communities recovered from the blow of the "over instancing" of the game.

Dropping outdoor raid bosses also really dented the experience, anyone who played vanilla WoW and competed for the outdoor raids knows that the game lost a large amount of its charm without them.

WoW community? WoW community is either complete tools who are capable of downing bosses or nice people who are horrible at the game. I agree with the fact that over-instancing takes away of the game but only because it would seem to have much more grandeur if there were more people per server.
twitter.com/therealdhalism | "Trying out Z = lots of losses vs inferior players until you figure out how to do it well (if it even works)."- Liquid'Tyler
bmml
Profile Joined December 2009
United Kingdom962 Posts
August 29 2010 20:21 GMT
#58
On August 30 2010 05:18 Sfydjklm wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 30 2010 04:57 bmml wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On August 30 2010 04:46 Sfydjklm wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 30 2010 04:04 bmml wrote:
Maybe its just me but I actually prefer games without instanced dungeons, Instanced anything in MMOs generally ruins it for me. AoC, HGL, Aion etc all ruined due to the lack of true MMO open world awesome for example Lineage 2's open world dungeons were freaking amazing and led to some crazy nights of PVE/P. Admitadely this looks like it could have some serious flaws but I for one am going to look forward to it (or at least a beta where I can test it out).

have you played wow? instances really make the "open world" seem bland.



WoW does seperate instanced content and open world content well yes and is/was a terrific MMO, however since the increase in cross realm instancing of both dungeons and pvp the game has lost a sense of community that in my eyes an MMO requires. Cross realm transfers further helped to ruin the community aspect from many of the "old" servers which I found rather heart breaking I mean I played WoW for a long time after vanilla but never felt that server communities recovered from the blow of the "over instancing" of the game.

Dropping outdoor raid bosses also really dented the experience, anyone who played vanilla WoW and competed for the outdoor raids knows that the game lost a large amount of its charm without them.

WoW community? WoW community is either complete tools who are capable of downing bosses or nice people who are horrible at the game. I agree with the fact that over-instancing takes away of the game but only because it would seem to have much more grandeur if there were more people per server.


Well I can't speak for every server obviously but I played on a fantastic server in vanilla with weekly events, huge guild rivalries and an amazing community. I guess I must've fell under the "complete tools who are capable of downing bosses" but I made great friends in my first raiding guilds whom I still speak to today!
NonFactor
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sweden698 Posts
August 29 2010 20:30 GMT
#59
On August 30 2010 03:31 illu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 30 2010 03:29 Rev0lution wrote:
If you're going to waste your life in an MMORPG then let it be WoW.

All asian MMORPGs are FAIL. It basically goes like this.

1) Insane grind (see Lineage 2)
2) Factions (see Silkroad,
3) Few to no instances (see all Asian MMOs)
4) Crappy bosses
5) Free to play, but pay to enjoy (see item mall)

The problem with free to play games and I'm not saying that Tera will be F2P is that they claim no responsibility for new content and/or game support. They charge money without having the responsibility that games like WoW, Eve Online and Lord of the Rings have.

instances????? what is that


Only WoW carebears want instances. ''Mengz, I wanna XP in peace so nobody comes and distrupts our hand holding ceremony.'' What made L2 great was that there was no instances untill later on. A clan could lockdown an entire levelling ground, gank people etc. Made the game interesting on numerous different ways. But then again, I do understand if your only in for the PvE part, like most WoW players are.

Factions, last time I checked, didn't WoW have factions too? Luckily Tera won't have factions. One of the mistakes that Aion did, was that they made the game faction based.

Some people enjoy ze grind, like me, but I do understand that some people don't. If your playing free to play MMORPGS, your doing it wrong. Comparing free to play MMORPGS to a pay to play MMORPG like WoW is just stupid. Tera will be pay to play = quality will be higher.

Crappy bosses, here I agree, but it's certainly something that eastern MMOs have been learning and been getting better at. Some of the bosses in Aion, were moderately amusing.

With this new battle system I'm really looking forward to boss fights, it could be an epic win. Or an epic fail, but I remain optimistic.
ShadowDrgn
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States2497 Posts
August 29 2010 20:34 GMT
#60
On August 30 2010 05:06 Pufftrees wrote:
I'm definitely looking forward to this. Some people spew out some crazy random hate for any new MMO and I don't really get it.


It's always the same with these eastern MMOs. It looks beautiful and shows off gameplay that differs from the average western MMO, but then you play and realize that it takes a week to gain a level, and the combat, no matter how innovative, gets repetitive and boring quickly. The game fills up with bots and hacks, and the developer does nothing about it. Everyone quits, and the cycle continues six months later. Therefore, it's hard to get excited about new eastern MMOs these days no matter how good they look in screenshots and videos.

I totally agree with the comments on instances btw. I've been railing against over-instancing for half a decade, and people always think I'm crazy. The days of MMORPGs as virtual worlds and online communities are long past; modern MMOs aspire to be nothing more than single player games with built-in chatrooms, and it's very disappointing. But hell, that's what sells so you can hardly blame the developers.
Of course, you only live one life, and you make all your mistakes, and learn what not to do, and that’s the end of you.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 195 196 197 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
ZZZero.O151
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason98
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 1031
ZZZero.O 151
Bale 20
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm95
League of Legends
Doublelift4894
JimRising 620
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby7064
Other Games
summit1g10179
FrodaN3145
KnowMe218
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1207
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream33
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 40
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1049
• Shiphtur156
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
35m
Afreeca Starleague
11h 35m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
12h 35m
Monday Night Weeklies
17h 35m
Replay Cast
1d
Afreeca Starleague
1d 11h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 12h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.