• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:28
CEST 02:28
KST 09:28
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8009 users

Tera MMORPG - Page 6

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 197 Next
Ng5
Profile Joined December 2009
702 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-09 06:56:39
September 09 2010 06:54 GMT
#101
On August 30 2010 05:18 Sfydjklm wrote:

On August 30 2010 05:30 NonFactor wrote:


I love all the WoW assumptions. And how people are repeatedly calling me and the smartest, most creative and most empathic person I've met so far complete tools or MMO noobs or just someone with no life or without half a brain... Or losers, idiots and the scum of TL, basically.

I always found that funny.

I play WoW. I'm proud of it - because I like to be a counterexample to general idiocy and hating.

Looking down on people because they play some game or the other is one step away from racism and religious hate.

Come burn some WoW boxes with me, anyone?

User was warned for this post
H
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
New Zealand6138 Posts
September 09 2010 07:01 GMT
#102
Keep it on topic please. -_-;
[iHs]HCO | のヮの | pachi & plexa ownz | RIP _
Ng5
Profile Joined December 2009
702 Posts
September 09 2010 07:06 GMT
#103

This is a Warning!

I understand you want to defend yourself and your friends but you really could have done without comparing hating on WoW to racism and religious hate. That's not going to keep the thread on topic and doesn't really contribute anything.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation,
The Mod Staff

(Do not reply to this message. No one will receive it.)


I don't feel it sidetracking more than the random dissing of random MMOs in this thread.

I also don't feel the need of defending myself.

I don't give two shits who looks down on me and if it's because of WoW specifically.

But maybe people could go and think for two seconds about what I said. Instead of assuming it as a necessary try of self-defense or some other crap.

Hating is hating. And people have killed for all three kind of hating that I mentioned. Intolerance does not differ just because the 'basis' of it is different.

But fine I will refrain from posting in the future if you think looking past letters is harder than issuing warnings.

User was temp banned for this post.
H
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
New Zealand6138 Posts
September 09 2010 07:19 GMT
#104
So.. Tera.
[iHs]HCO | のヮの | pachi & plexa ownz | RIP _
DannyJ
Profile Joined March 2010
United States5110 Posts
September 09 2010 10:32 GMT
#105
Im not sure if i like or hate the idea of aiming stuff. I have a feeling that could get really old eventually. Who knows. Definitely different as far as MMOs go.
Trizz
Profile Joined June 2010
Netherlands1323 Posts
September 09 2010 13:25 GMT
#106
MMO's can look sweet, nice, whatever..
But if it's not as smooth as WoW's, it's never going to work for me.
WoW is the smoothest, most human flow MMO there is, nothing has come close.
nope
Philar
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Hong Kong126 Posts
September 09 2010 13:58 GMT
#107
TBH I prefer the long grinds and time to level. I rmb back in the days where leveling was main part of the game and not where it starts when you reach the max. I think it allows a closer community form where people takes the time to meet each other and level together/interacting which is what i find the most fun in an mmo. It also makes sense to buy equipment for lower levels and save up money for gear at the higher level. Now most people are just rushing to the max level and skipping content because leveling is easy then finding out theres nothing to do.
iren
Profile Joined September 2010
Ukraine1 Post
Last Edited: 2010-09-09 14:09:05
September 09 2010 14:02 GMT
#108
Mod edit: ...

User was banned for this post.
Zulban
Profile Joined September 2010
United States7 Posts
September 09 2010 14:44 GMT
#109
looks like it could be an interesting game.. i think if it aspired to be like Monster Hunter it would be great. Basically more along the lines of: if you get hit, IT'S BAD. dodge dodge dodge dodge, and sneak in a hit or 2 when you can. It's a lot more fun and challenging than sitting there spamming an attack skill. unfortunately it looks a little more like the latter. however some of the pvp videos look interesting at least.

Khul Sadukar
Profile Joined August 2009
Australia1735 Posts
September 10 2010 10:37 GMT
#110
(intolerant of WoW poster here)

Game looks kinda interesting. If u want a taste of open world pvp with action based combat (aiming) then give darkfall a try. Be warned its not casual friendly though.

Its hard to get hyped over any new mmo these days. But like someone else stated each deserves to be treated separately and each game appeals to different tastes. Which is why I don't trust reviews. Better to try for itself imo.

If this is released next year i'll prob be busy playing swtor.
I don't want to be part everything. I want to be something. - Weapon X
Macabre
Profile Joined July 2010
United States1262 Posts
September 14 2010 14:12 GMT
#111
Some new footage featuring boss fights that were shown at PAX. Mid level(35-40)

-- no sound sadly.
Those who know how to think need no teachers. Tasteless - I think I'll take my shirt off and let my muscles do the casting
Obsidian
Profile Joined June 2010
United States350 Posts
September 14 2010 14:55 GMT
#112
Looks badass enough to me to be worth checking out.

The starwars MMO coming out looks interesting, but we'll have to wait and see how that turns out. I'm not necessarily sold on it's combat.

Either way, I can't see myself not trying both.
Luke, you are still a wanker!
Darklance
Profile Joined August 2010
22 Posts
September 27 2010 05:18 GMT
#113
I was just playing Darksiders (New action God of War/DMC style game) when it ocurred to me how awesome an MMO with that type of gameplay would be.

The only problem I see is that the online latency and such issues could be tricky to solve, but I'll definitely check TERA out when it comes out.
Macabre
Profile Joined July 2010
United States1262 Posts
November 04 2010 10:15 GMT
#114
Lot's of new information for TERA this month. Keep a eye out!

G-STAR is in a couple weeks in Korea, the open beta for the korean's shortly after! NA Beta should be soon after!!

http://www.terafans.com/ Check out TERA fan's front page for lots of new information as well!
Those who know how to think need no teachers. Tasteless - I think I'll take my shirt off and let my muscles do the casting
Bloodash
Profile Joined April 2010
Netherlands1384 Posts
November 04 2010 13:18 GMT
#115
I was a big Lineage 2 nerd a lifetime ago, this kinda makes me nostalgic about the game, defenately will be checking out the reviews/ open beta
I'll bite this hand that feeds me, and take it for my own!
Macabre
Profile Joined July 2010
United States1262 Posts
November 04 2010 13:21 GMT
#116
On November 04 2010 22:18 Bloodash wrote:
I was a big Lineage 2 nerd a lifetime ago, this kinda makes me nostalgic about the game, defenately will be checking out the reviews/ open beta


For sure man. Open PK no factions on the PvP servers.. with a political system. I can't wait!
Those who know how to think need no teachers. Tasteless - I think I'll take my shirt off and let my muscles do the casting
Darpa
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Canada4413 Posts
November 04 2010 13:50 GMT
#117
I wouldnt mind checking this out, but I dont want to grind 7 million hours to get to max level, if thats the case, they will lose 80% of the pop after the first month, like Aion Did.
"losers always whine about their best, Winners go home and fuck the prom queen"
Cofo
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States1388 Posts
November 04 2010 14:01 GMT
#118
On September 09 2010 22:25 Trizz wrote:
MMO's can look sweet, nice, whatever..
But if it's not as smooth as WoW's, it's never going to work for me.
WoW is the smoothest, most human flow MMO there is, nothing has come close.


WoW does have its problems, but I definitely agree with this. I tried Aion during the closed beta, and I actually didn't think it was that bad. But the fact that you were rooted to the ground for the span of a GCD after casting felt just absolutely horrible to me after playing WoW.
+ Show Spoiler +
Nixda
Profile Joined August 2010
119 Posts
November 04 2010 14:48 GMT
#119
Tera looks like it will have its target audience, but from nothing more than a quick browsing their website it looks entirely unappealing to me.

Class-based as opposed to Skill-based character system, no heavy focus on PvP, some parts of the world instanced - it basically combines all the design choices I have come to dislike.

While I do realize many players actually like it this way, and some titles have been very successful with it, I feel the MMORPG genre has failed to come up with innovative and varied concepts.
Back in the very early days, when there was basically only Ultima Online, Asheron's Call and then Everquest (disregarding MUDs, DSO and Meridian 59), each of the three concepts was very different fromt he others. The courage to go with a radically different concept seems to be somewhat lacking in the last few years - we get class-based tank/healer/DD concepts, group play (often forced) and no severe death penalty, especially not in PvP.

EVE Online was the last one that I played that was a refreshing change from that concept, now if only it had not been quite as gear-based I'd probably still play it.
Macabre
Profile Joined July 2010
United States1262 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-04 15:31:14
November 04 2010 15:31 GMT
#120
On November 04 2010 23:48 Nixda wrote:
Tera looks like it will have its target audience, but from nothing more than a quick browsing their website it looks entirely unappealing to me.

Class-based as opposed to Skill-based character system, no heavy focus on PvP, some parts of the world instanced - it basically combines all the design choices I have come to dislike.

While I do realize many players actually like it this way, and some titles have been very successful with it, I feel the MMORPG genre has failed to come up with innovative and varied concepts.
Back in the very early days, when there was basically only Ultima Online, Asheron's Call and then Everquest (disregarding MUDs, DSO and Meridian 59), each of the three concepts was very different fromt he others. The courage to go with a radically different concept seems to be somewhat lacking in the last few years - we get class-based tank/healer/DD concepts, group play (often forced) and no severe death penalty, especially not in PvP.

EVE Online was the last one that I played that was a refreshing change from that concept, now if only it had not been quite as gear-based I'd probably still play it.


Aside from instanced dungeons.. TERA's world is seamless and open. Like WoW. It has over 80 zones for launch I believe, including lots of open world dungeons. You can PvP inside these for battles over Boss loot.
Those who know how to think need no teachers. Tasteless - I think I'll take my shirt off and let my muscles do the casting
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 197 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
CranKy Ducklings91
Liquipedia
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
ZZZero.O168
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 162
ProTech0
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 1001
ZZZero.O 168
Bale 16
ajuk12(nOOB) 9
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm185
League of Legends
Doublelift4500
Counter-Strike
minikerr11
Other Games
summit1g11423
JimRising 701
C9.Mang0282
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1175
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream33
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP111
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
9h 32m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
10h 32m
Monday Night Weeklies
15h 32m
Replay Cast
22h 32m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 9h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 10h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 23h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.