• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:43
CEST 07:43
KST 14:43
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7611 users

Tera MMORPG - Page 8

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 197 Next
MaYuu
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Sweden516 Posts
January 12 2011 10:51 GMT
#141
I'm level 13 slayer, I love the feeling this game have.
The game looks really promising pvp wise to. The pve instances is only for 5 man party's so they can focus all balance pvp without screwing the pve:ers over. I like this a lot.
ehh`?
JumpJumpJump
Profile Joined December 2010
Brazil5 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-13 20:21:07
January 13 2011 20:20 GMT
#142
On January 12 2011 19:44 NonFactor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2011 12:53 JumpJumpJump wrote:
Hey guys, i actually looked out for the Korean OBT and got to create an account but i didn't knew that you need a Korean cellphone number in order to play the game? Can anyone help? Really looking forward to play this game...


You need to verify it. Tera requires an extra verification (the phone number thing) Only way to get around is this is either to:

1. Get someone in Korea to verify it.
2. Buy a verified account, that's what I did. (Won't go into detail how or where.)

Anyways, I'm a level 20 Mystic player currently on KOBT, if anyone has any questions, I can try to answer them.

Impressions: Gameplay is extremely fun. It might feel a bit too easy at first, but now that I've entered level 20 and been getting into party content, the game becomes challenging. The combat system works. I currently have slight delay lag due to servers being located in Korea, but I'm already loving how smooth it is, can't wait to experience it on 50 or below MS. I can't comment on the story or so, because its all in Korean. ;(

Basically, it's an MMO that mixes old with new. And so far they've made it work.

Yeah I guess the only way around is to buy a verified account...

Just played on my friends account and the game looks pretty good actually, really enjoyed, just gotta work on buying an account though.
oob
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Sweden630 Posts
January 13 2011 20:32 GMT
#143
Looks pretty sweet. IM gonna wait until it's released in EU and then roll a priest ^_^
Happiest man on earth
On_Slaught
Profile Joined August 2008
United States12190 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-13 20:49:29
January 13 2011 20:47 GMT
#144
First, a real complaint: things take wayy too long to kill (even individual equal level mobs). This game is going to be a huge grind, and making mobs take that long to kill is going to make it misrable. Talk about tedious APM for no real reward. Now for the visceral complaints:

The combat and political system are interesting, but I can't play a game where anyone watching would think i'm looking at porn. Nor can I take a game seriously where you run around IN FUCKING BOOTY SHORTS AND HIGH HEELS. When you put as much blatant sex appeal on every aspect of the game it is the sign of a shallow game which needs such a stupid draw to get people to play.

I mean seriously? Really?



Have the devs ever seen a woman? This isn't boob physics, it's waterballoon physics:

+ Show Spoiler +


Look at how this character runs (don't mind the fact it is basically a hentai fantasy furry character):

+ Show Spoiler +





More 17 year old girls with double F cups, miniskirts and weilding axes 3x their size:

+ Show Spoiler +


What it all comes down to is the idea that "when you don't have anything to show, show tits." It is probably better than Rift tho.
Lanfire
Profile Joined October 2010
Netherlands151 Posts
January 13 2011 20:56 GMT
#145
Can someone tell me if there is any open world pvp? or only boring party vs party instances? because i liked being an annyoing ganker in some other MMO's.
¯(°_o)/¯
Macabre
Profile Joined July 2010
United States1262 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-13 21:02:06
January 13 2011 21:00 GMT
#146
@The person complaining about the sexual aspect of the game, it's the art style. Don't like it? Don't play, all the stuff you're stating is pure opinion and has nothing to do with the gameplay. As for the can't play if someone else assumes something?? Do you really care what other people think so much? Play for your own enjoyment.

@Lanfire there is open world pvp on the second continent which is lvl 40+ but it's huge. This is for the korean version though, it will probably change in the west. (for the better)

All I can say after playing in the KOBT so far this week is...

If you play MMORPGS...

This is THE game.
Those who know how to think need no teachers. Tasteless - I think I'll take my shirt off and let my muscles do the casting
NonFactor
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sweden698 Posts
January 14 2011 10:24 GMT
#147
I don't personally see anything out of the ordinary when it comes to sets / the looks of characters. It IS an MMORPG, and an Asian one at that. It is to be expected.

You will have a hard time finding a new MMORPG, or MMORPGS in general where the female characters aren't over sexified through hourglass bodies and (usually) skimpy clothes.

Also killing mobs imo is at an acceptable speed. I'm actually killing them slower compared to Koreans due to slight delay I experience. (I can't spam my main attacking skill at the same speed.) Aoe is also very easy to pull off this game, and since numerous skills do AoE damage, I think it's intended that you wanna take on more then 1 mob at a time.

PvP seems to be rather a mystery currently. It will have open world PvP, and it will have battlegrounds. I also believe it might have some type of arena system. So most likely it will have those 3.

The information from the Koreans regarding PvP is pretty scarce, but most likely the Western release will have PvP functioning differently. (We will have PvE and PvP servers, Koreans don't have those.) Meaning PvP servers will most likely have PvP more or less everywhere except maybe for the beginner areas, while in PvE servers you can choose not to PvP.

In the kOBT like Macabre said, you can't seem to be able to PvP in the areas I'm currently.

I think the approach the Koreans decided to take was that, the lower levels 1-40, the areas would be more instances with channels, PvP not allowed, and the endgame content 40-50 would be in the ''open'' sandbox place with no channels and with PvP.

Oh well, will be interesting to see how the Westernisation will affect the game, hopefully for the better because the game currently is incredibly entertaining. Boss fights are amazing.

Ympulse
Profile Joined August 2010
United States287 Posts
January 14 2011 10:36 GMT
#148
Just dropping in to say that tera is STILL Lineage 3.

In case you all were starting to believe something different.

And lol@waterbaloon physics. Seriously, it takes the game from a moderate insult to an outright joke.
MaYuu
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Sweden516 Posts
January 14 2011 10:42 GMT
#149
Just because people don't have the patience and never understood the word "grind" doesn't mean the game sucks. People are just so spoon fed by blizzard easy mode shit mmo. If you don't like it. Don't play it. We know you ain't got the patience for a non western mmo.
ehh`?
Reggiegigas
Profile Joined August 2010
234 Posts
January 15 2011 18:05 GMT
#150
Have the devs ever seen a woman? This isn't boob physics, it's waterballoon physics

I don't think "women" is what they want, they want objects that will sell the game. Thus what you see when you play the game as a female character. And it works just fine.

Personally I don't mind at all. I'm not gonna be a hypocrite about it like most guys are, moaning about it and then *moaning* about it when they're at home and nobody can see them fap. I certainly don't fap to such myself, I mean, the whole point of the internet is porn, why waste good fapping on games?

Eye candy is a good thing though, no doubt about it. Whether it's fancy weather effects, cool combat animations, or some extra cleavage/midriff/leg.

I can dig it.
Macabre
Profile Joined July 2010
United States1262 Posts
January 17 2011 04:03 GMT
#151


Lvl 27 instance from my point of view. If you're a fan of MMORPG's try this game, don't let peoples opinions take your chance from missing out.

Those who know how to think need no teachers. Tasteless - I think I'll take my shirt off and let my muscles do the casting
Reptilia
Profile Joined June 2010
Chile913 Posts
January 17 2011 07:00 GMT
#152
+What about TERA's payment system?
Like other MMORPG titles, TERA will use a monthly subscription model with a retail box.


unfortunately, pass
The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources
Z3kk
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
4099 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-17 07:11:40
January 17 2011 07:11 GMT
#153
Is the grinding particularly bad/tedious in this game, and how is the learning curve?

Edit: nvm, no way I'm paying for a subscription game <.<
Failure is not falling down over and over again. Failure is refusing to get back up.
Jswizzy
Profile Joined March 2010
United States791 Posts
January 17 2011 07:22 GMT
#154
Looks allot like Aion without the broken flight combat system.
I always try to give a sensitive, reasoned answer. This is usually awkward, time consuming and pointless.
DragonDefonce
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
United States790 Posts
January 17 2011 07:23 GMT
#155
I haven't played Starcraft in the past week because I am playing Tera. It is pretty fun. It is in the spirit of Everquest in that it primarily focuses on quests to level up (yeah, its not something Blizz invented). The instances are very fun. You actually have to move around quite a bit, and healing aggro is pretty ridiculous so everyone needs to be careful not to take too much damage from random shit. At the moment, warriors are pretty useless, mystics dps is pretty low, and berserkers are ridiculously strong atm. It is noticeably faster when there is a berserker in your party.

I played wow for a longtime so to compare Tera and WoW, generally, every aspect of the game is simpler and easier (like penalty for death, professions, getting mounts, inventory space, quest items, etc), but the combat is harder and many quests require you to party up with others.

Also, there are "mission quests" or what I call red quests that basically is the narrative of Tera. These are the main quests that has a storyline that the subsequent redquests follow, and others are sidequests that you can do if you want to or not if you dont. Red quests are pretty mandatory though, as you need to complete them to a certain level to enter instanced dungeons (all 2 of them at the moment), so you can't ignore these quests(not that you'd want to anyways).

Its a beautiful game too, and I'm not just talking about the female character models and their skimpy clothing (some of the heavy armor on human females are basically princess leia metal bikini, and Elins......goddamn Elins lol). Everything looks crisp and I am looking forward to the finished product.
DragonDefonce
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
United States790 Posts
January 17 2011 07:35 GMT
#156
On January 14 2011 05:56 Lanfire wrote:
Can someone tell me if there is any open world pvp? or only boring party vs party instances? because i liked being an annyoing ganker in some other MMO's.


The lower level regions obviously are not pvp. Later on, when each Guard(basically a region) elects their Lord(idk what they officially chose to call those in english), they can allow or not allow pvp.

If it is allowed, to declare pk on someone, you need these mark things you buy at cities. You need more of them if your level is higher and if the level difference between you and your target is higher, mounting to a pretty ridiculous amount if you are trying to kill off noobs. Plus, death isn't that much of a big deal anyways so being an annoying ganker really isnt something you can afford to do.
DannyJ
Profile Joined March 2010
United States5110 Posts
January 17 2011 08:35 GMT
#157
How is the death system handled, exactly?
King[Neikos]
Profile Joined September 2010
Costa Rica506 Posts
January 17 2011 09:49 GMT
#158
i love how all the comments against the game are like

- its too sexy for me
- if it takes more than 3 hits to kill a mob then its too long
- if i spend more time killing stuff that walking to complete a quest then its a grindfest (common wow player stuff)


personally i cant wait for the non-korean beta to finally be able to play the game, this could very well be the first game i actually pay a subscription to play
NapstaR
Profile Joined November 2010
Germany128 Posts
January 17 2011 10:06 GMT
#159
i'm really exitied, watching the homepage for more than a year now :D

i'm so looking forward to the manual aiming and cc handling, which will be stunning i hope.

I hope that good organized groups can beat the shit of a lot if enemys
Khaymus
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States750 Posts
January 17 2011 10:15 GMT
#160
I for one love grinding in an MMO. Heaven forbid it takes time to get something. I wouldn't want to have to work for something....I would rather just get it all for free instantly.

P.S. If you don't like grinding...don't play asian MMOs. Go play WoW where you can play for a week and have everything in the game.

I will gladly grind my time away enjoying myself. And when I do get max level...I will actually feel like I accomplished something.
Let them say we lived in the time of Boxer, Emperor of Terran. Let them say we lived in the time of Nal_rA, Dreamer of Protoss. Let them say we lived in the time of Savior, Master of the Zerg.
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 197 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 198
ProTech133
Nina 91
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 20764
Dewaltoss 119
Mong 104
Bale 40
ZergMaN 25
Noble 9
Icarus 8
League of Legends
JimRising 745
Other Games
summit1g11417
Sick186
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick913
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream31
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 39
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2166
League of Legends
• Lourlo1191
• Rush1049
• Stunt111
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
4h 18m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
5h 18m
Monday Night Weeklies
10h 18m
Replay Cast
17h 18m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 4h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 5h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 18h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.