• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:27
CEST 06:27
KST 13:27
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10565 users

The IdrA Fan Club - Page 544

Forum Index > Fan Clubs
Post a Reply
Prev 1 542 543 544 545 546 2897 Next
Personal attacks in this thread will draw a temp ban.
lxanderl
Profile Joined April 2011
United States629 Posts
May 19 2011 21:23 GMT
#10861
On May 20 2011 06:08 frumpylumps wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 20 2011 05:53 Mailing wrote:
On May 20 2011 05:11 frumpylumps wrote:
On May 19 2011 23:16 sudzy wrote:
On May 19 2011 22:56 Phisk wrote:
On May 19 2011 22:30 sudzy wrote:
On May 19 2011 14:05 EchelonTee wrote:
i was watching Idra's matches vs. Adelscott in EGWC... hilarious quote in G1

+ Show Spoiler +

Adelscott: big lat
Idra: shut up
Adelscott: gg

owned by the shut up xp


someone should make a motivational poster out of that


This is hilarious to you?
I love his game skill, but he has to be the most unlikeable pro in Starcraft 2.
I am at a loss as to what could possibly be the reason for his popularity.
Is it his internet tough guy routine? The BM is funny to people?
I am genuinely interested to know, because although I get that he has probably the best mechanics in the game, he gets away with being an absolute douche bag to anyone and everyone and gets lauded for it.
I seriously don't understand...


Everyone is a fan for a different reason. Some like his no-bullshit attitude and willingness to say whatever he thinks regardless of the consequences or weather its "pc" or not. Some think his BM is funny. Some are fans of his skill and don't care about or mind the BM. Some are fans for countless other reasons. Some are fans for all reasons combined.

I like that IdrA isn't afraid to cause a little controversy. People tend to overreact a lot, nothing he says is really that terrible. I also love his personality outside of games (interviews, talk shows, commentating etc).


I guess I'm just too old now. I was raised to believe that being disrespectful to your peers and being a general arrogant asshat would not get you many friends.
Times they are a-changin.


I hear ya man, it is disgusting to me that so many degenerates will worship someone who acts like an overgrown child just because they are good at a video game.


xtfftc, here is another Idra quote for you to add to the list. http://i.imgur.com/OgNzW.jpg

contributing



Cruncher beat idra with the colo + void deathball, on the old shakuras, ONE DAY before it was patched in 1.3.3.

Obviously the community and Blizzard believed he did indeed NOT use skill to win that or it would not have been nerfed and the map removed from tourneys.




Did you see crunchers blink stalker micro in their last match? I have never seen such good blink stalker micro. I have never seen Idra do anything like that. I think mostly Idra just smashes his army headlong into his opponents and just expects to win because he thinks that is how zerg is supposed to work.

Actually if you watch idra play he micros his army quite heavily, reselecting certain groups of roaches to get a better arc as each army repositions, and selecting incoming zerglings to, for example, surround his enemy's reinforcements. His micro in engagements is at the very least as skillful as blink stalker micro. You can argue that cruncher is skilled, but that doesn't suddenly mean idra has crude play. Maybe you should take your own advice and actually watch what idra is doing before you comment on his play like, oh I dunno, some sort of blind sheep or something.
Leavzou
Profile Joined January 2011
France156 Posts
May 19 2011 21:23 GMT
#10862
On May 20 2011 05:11 frumpylumps wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 19 2011 23:16 sudzy wrote:
On May 19 2011 22:56 Phisk wrote:
On May 19 2011 22:30 sudzy wrote:
On May 19 2011 14:05 EchelonTee wrote:
i was watching Idra's matches vs. Adelscott in EGWC... hilarious quote in G1

+ Show Spoiler +

Adelscott: big lat
Idra: shut up
Adelscott: gg

owned by the shut up xp


someone should make a motivational poster out of that


This is hilarious to you?
I love his game skill, but he has to be the most unlikeable pro in Starcraft 2.
I am at a loss as to what could possibly be the reason for his popularity.
Is it his internet tough guy routine? The BM is funny to people?
I am genuinely interested to know, because although I get that he has probably the best mechanics in the game, he gets away with being an absolute douche bag to anyone and everyone and gets lauded for it.
I seriously don't understand...


Everyone is a fan for a different reason. Some like his no-bullshit attitude and willingness to say whatever he thinks regardless of the consequences or weather its "pc" or not. Some think his BM is funny. Some are fans of his skill and don't care about or mind the BM. Some are fans for countless other reasons. Some are fans for all reasons combined.

I like that IdrA isn't afraid to cause a little controversy. People tend to overreact a lot, nothing he says is really that terrible. I also love his personality outside of games (interviews, talk shows, commentating etc).


I guess I'm just too old now. I was raised to believe that being disrespectful to your peers and being a general arrogant asshat would not get you many friends.
Times they are a-changin.


I hear ya man, it is disgusting to me that so many degenerates will worship someone who acts like an overgrown child just because they are good at a video game.


xtfftc, here is another Idra quote for you to add to the list. http://i.imgur.com/OgNzW.jpg

contributing



Idra was right in this tchat, he just straight up outplayed cruncher with multi prong drop and attacks, and cruncher could not abuse his race. He just say the entire truth, and if you don't like that yeah, just get out...
1Eris1
Profile Joined September 2010
United States5797 Posts
May 19 2011 21:24 GMT
#10863
Just ignore frumpylumps. Back when I use to patrol the battlenet forums he was one of the people that gave it it's horrible reputation.
Known Aliases: Tyragon, Valeric ~MSL Forever, SKT is truly the Superior KT!
frumpylumps
Profile Joined September 2010
61 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-19 21:40:44
May 19 2011 21:24 GMT
#10864
On May 20 2011 06:18 number1gog wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 20 2011 05:11 frumpylumps wrote:
On May 19 2011 23:16 sudzy wrote:
On May 19 2011 22:56 Phisk wrote:
On May 19 2011 22:30 sudzy wrote:
On May 19 2011 14:05 EchelonTee wrote:
i was watching Idra's matches vs. Adelscott in EGWC... hilarious quote in G1

+ Show Spoiler +

Adelscott: big lat
Idra: shut up
Adelscott: gg

owned by the shut up xp


someone should make a motivational poster out of that


This is hilarious to you?
I love his game skill, but he has to be the most unlikeable pro in Starcraft 2.
I am at a loss as to what could possibly be the reason for his popularity.
Is it his internet tough guy routine? The BM is funny to people?
I am genuinely interested to know, because although I get that he has probably the best mechanics in the game, he gets away with being an absolute douche bag to anyone and everyone and gets lauded for it.
I seriously don't understand...


Everyone is a fan for a different reason. Some like his no-bullshit attitude and willingness to say whatever he thinks regardless of the consequences or weather its "pc" or not. Some think his BM is funny. Some are fans of his skill and don't care about or mind the BM. Some are fans for countless other reasons. Some are fans for all reasons combined.

I like that IdrA isn't afraid to cause a little controversy. People tend to overreact a lot, nothing he says is really that terrible. I also love his personality outside of games (interviews, talk shows, commentating etc).


I guess I'm just too old now. I was raised to believe that being disrespectful to your peers and being a general arrogant asshat would not get you many friends.
Times they are a-changin.


I hear ya man, it is disgusting to me that so many degenerates will worship someone who acts like an overgrown child just because they are good at a video game.


xtfftc, here is another Idra quote for you to add to the list. http://i.imgur.com/OgNzW.jpg

contributing



Yep, nothing but degenerates in here. You'd better leave this thread before someone mistakenly associates you with us.


Of course I'm not talking about ALL fans. I'm a fan of Idra too in a certain aspect but I like to use a more level headed approach than saying cruncher is a skilless waste of life like a lot Idra's fans do, that just isn't true at all. CrunCher is actually going to college atm while playing on a pro level in SC2 and not a lot of people can do that.
NPHarris
Profile Joined May 2011
91 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-19 21:29:12
May 19 2011 21:28 GMT
#10865
Damn, nvm
leakingpear
Profile Joined March 2006
United Kingdom302 Posts
May 19 2011 21:33 GMT
#10866
Is anyone else sick of all the terrible backseat mod "i'm more level headed than you just you wait i'll prove it!!!" posts by people who pick out the one in a hundred terrible IdrA fan posts and pretend that it applies a significant population of people who enjoy watching idra play? I swear the ratio of shitty idra fan posts to people denouncing shitty idra fan posts is like 1:80.

Protip: Your posts denouncing the shitty post are just as bad the guy making the shitty post because they have equally pointless content!
Mailing
Profile Joined March 2011
United States3087 Posts
May 19 2011 21:41 GMT
#10867
On May 20 2011 06:08 frumpylumps wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 20 2011 05:53 Mailing wrote:
On May 20 2011 05:11 frumpylumps wrote:
On May 19 2011 23:16 sudzy wrote:
On May 19 2011 22:56 Phisk wrote:
On May 19 2011 22:30 sudzy wrote:
On May 19 2011 14:05 EchelonTee wrote:
i was watching Idra's matches vs. Adelscott in EGWC... hilarious quote in G1

+ Show Spoiler +

Adelscott: big lat
Idra: shut up
Adelscott: gg

owned by the shut up xp


someone should make a motivational poster out of that


This is hilarious to you?
I love his game skill, but he has to be the most unlikeable pro in Starcraft 2.
I am at a loss as to what could possibly be the reason for his popularity.
Is it his internet tough guy routine? The BM is funny to people?
I am genuinely interested to know, because although I get that he has probably the best mechanics in the game, he gets away with being an absolute douche bag to anyone and everyone and gets lauded for it.
I seriously don't understand...


Everyone is a fan for a different reason. Some like his no-bullshit attitude and willingness to say whatever he thinks regardless of the consequences or weather its "pc" or not. Some think his BM is funny. Some are fans of his skill and don't care about or mind the BM. Some are fans for countless other reasons. Some are fans for all reasons combined.

I like that IdrA isn't afraid to cause a little controversy. People tend to overreact a lot, nothing he says is really that terrible. I also love his personality outside of games (interviews, talk shows, commentating etc).


I guess I'm just too old now. I was raised to believe that being disrespectful to your peers and being a general arrogant asshat would not get you many friends.
Times they are a-changin.


I hear ya man, it is disgusting to me that so many degenerates will worship someone who acts like an overgrown child just because they are good at a video game.


xtfftc, here is another Idra quote for you to add to the list. http://i.imgur.com/OgNzW.jpg

contributing



Cruncher beat idra with the colo + void deathball, on the old shakuras, ONE DAY before it was patched in 1.3.3.

Obviously the community and Blizzard believed he did indeed NOT use skill to win that or it would not have been nerfed and the map removed from tourneys.



Cruncher and Idra have both 3 wins and 3 losses vs each other, they are tied out of a total of 6 games.

You really think Cruncher doesn't have any skill? I know you are a huge Idra fan and maybe are inclined to be a little bias but don't you think that is a little silly to say?

Did you see crunchers blink stalker micro in their last match when it was him vs Idra? I have never seen such good blink stalker micro. I have never seen Idra do anything like that. I think mostly Idra just smashes his army headlong into his opponents and just expects to win because he thinks that is how zerg is supposed to work.

I like to watch Idra play too but I'm not going to be a blind sheep (not saying you are) and hate someone and say someone is bad and has no skill just because my favorite player says so . Clearly, cruncher has a lot of skill, this is visible in watching his games and from the top players he is able to take down.


Their record doesn't fucking matter. IdrA posted that comment after cruncher did NOTHING on shakuras but sit in his 3 bases maxing to 200/200 while idra kept trying to attack, which he could not do because of ramp and force field.

He then a-moved across the map and won.

What happened after that is inconsequential.
Are you hurting ESPORTS? Find out today - http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/viewblog.php?topic_id=232866
Thrax
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada1755 Posts
May 19 2011 21:41 GMT
#10868
Husky will be casting the finals of qualifier #1 of WCG USA tonight at 9:30PM EDT between IdrA and tQState. The score between the two players is already known, but i'm sure they are going to be exciting games regardless.

For more info:
http://us.wcg.com/?page=news&id=6971
frumpylumps
Profile Joined September 2010
61 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-19 22:04:39
May 19 2011 21:56 GMT
#10869
On May 20 2011 06:41 Mailing wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 20 2011 06:08 frumpylumps wrote:
On May 20 2011 05:53 Mailing wrote:
On May 20 2011 05:11 frumpylumps wrote:
On May 19 2011 23:16 sudzy wrote:
On May 19 2011 22:56 Phisk wrote:
On May 19 2011 22:30 sudzy wrote:
On May 19 2011 14:05 EchelonTee wrote:
i was watching Idra's matches vs. Adelscott in EGWC... hilarious quote in G1

+ Show Spoiler +

Adelscott: big lat
Idra: shut up
Adelscott: gg

owned by the shut up xp


someone should make a motivational poster out of that


This is hilarious to you?
I love his game skill, but he has to be the most unlikeable pro in Starcraft 2.
I am at a loss as to what could possibly be the reason for his popularity.
Is it his internet tough guy routine? The BM is funny to people?
I am genuinely interested to know, because although I get that he has probably the best mechanics in the game, he gets away with being an absolute douche bag to anyone and everyone and gets lauded for it.
I seriously don't understand...


Everyone is a fan for a different reason. Some like his no-bullshit attitude and willingness to say whatever he thinks regardless of the consequences or weather its "pc" or not. Some think his BM is funny. Some are fans of his skill and don't care about or mind the BM. Some are fans for countless other reasons. Some are fans for all reasons combined.

I like that IdrA isn't afraid to cause a little controversy. People tend to overreact a lot, nothing he says is really that terrible. I also love his personality outside of games (interviews, talk shows, commentating etc).


I guess I'm just too old now. I was raised to believe that being disrespectful to your peers and being a general arrogant asshat would not get you many friends.
Times they are a-changin.


I hear ya man, it is disgusting to me that so many degenerates will worship someone who acts like an overgrown child just because they are good at a video game.


xtfftc, here is another Idra quote for you to add to the list. http://i.imgur.com/OgNzW.jpg

contributing



Cruncher beat idra with the colo + void deathball, on the old shakuras, ONE DAY before it was patched in 1.3.3.

Obviously the community and Blizzard believed he did indeed NOT use skill to win that or it would not have been nerfed and the map removed from tourneys.



Cruncher and Idra have both 3 wins and 3 losses vs each other, they are tied out of a total of 6 games.

You really think Cruncher doesn't have any skill? I know you are a huge Idra fan and maybe are inclined to be a little bias but don't you think that is a little silly to say?

Did you see crunchers blink stalker micro in their last match when it was him vs Idra? I have never seen such good blink stalker micro. I have never seen Idra do anything like that. I think mostly Idra just smashes his army headlong into his opponents and just expects to win because he thinks that is how zerg is supposed to work.

I like to watch Idra play too but I'm not going to be a blind sheep (not saying you are) and hate someone and say someone is bad and has no skill just because my favorite player says so . Clearly, cruncher has a lot of skill, this is visible in watching his games and from the top players he is able to take down.



He then a-moved across the map and won.



If that was the case then cruncher beat Idra in a macro game. You really think that took no skill when Zerg is supposed to be the macro and knowledge race? Cruncher outplayed Idra and theres no denying that. Defending and then A-moving across the map and winning via superior economy is what zerg is supposed to do best.

I'm an Idra fan first and a cruncher fan second but even I will admit that Idra got beat at his own game.
Serpico
Profile Joined May 2010
4285 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-19 22:03:26
May 19 2011 22:03 GMT
#10870
On May 20 2011 06:56 frumpylumps wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 20 2011 06:41 Mailing wrote:
On May 20 2011 06:08 frumpylumps wrote:
On May 20 2011 05:53 Mailing wrote:
On May 20 2011 05:11 frumpylumps wrote:
On May 19 2011 23:16 sudzy wrote:
On May 19 2011 22:56 Phisk wrote:
On May 19 2011 22:30 sudzy wrote:
On May 19 2011 14:05 EchelonTee wrote:
i was watching Idra's matches vs. Adelscott in EGWC... hilarious quote in G1

+ Show Spoiler +

Adelscott: big lat
Idra: shut up
Adelscott: gg

owned by the shut up xp


someone should make a motivational poster out of that


This is hilarious to you?
I love his game skill, but he has to be the most unlikeable pro in Starcraft 2.
I am at a loss as to what could possibly be the reason for his popularity.
Is it his internet tough guy routine? The BM is funny to people?
I am genuinely interested to know, because although I get that he has probably the best mechanics in the game, he gets away with being an absolute douche bag to anyone and everyone and gets lauded for it.
I seriously don't understand...


Everyone is a fan for a different reason. Some like his no-bullshit attitude and willingness to say whatever he thinks regardless of the consequences or weather its "pc" or not. Some think his BM is funny. Some are fans of his skill and don't care about or mind the BM. Some are fans for countless other reasons. Some are fans for all reasons combined.

I like that IdrA isn't afraid to cause a little controversy. People tend to overreact a lot, nothing he says is really that terrible. I also love his personality outside of games (interviews, talk shows, commentating etc).


I guess I'm just too old now. I was raised to believe that being disrespectful to your peers and being a general arrogant asshat would not get you many friends.
Times they are a-changin.


I hear ya man, it is disgusting to me that so many degenerates will worship someone who acts like an overgrown child just because they are good at a video game.


xtfftc, here is another Idra quote for you to add to the list. http://i.imgur.com/OgNzW.jpg

contributing



Cruncher beat idra with the colo + void deathball, on the old shakuras, ONE DAY before it was patched in 1.3.3.

Obviously the community and Blizzard believed he did indeed NOT use skill to win that or it would not have been nerfed and the map removed from tourneys.



Cruncher and Idra have both 3 wins and 3 losses vs each other, they are tied out of a total of 6 games.

You really think Cruncher doesn't have any skill? I know you are a huge Idra fan and maybe are inclined to be a little bias but don't you think that is a little silly to say?

Did you see crunchers blink stalker micro in their last match when it was him vs Idra? I have never seen such good blink stalker micro. I have never seen Idra do anything like that. I think mostly Idra just smashes his army headlong into his opponents and just expects to win because he thinks that is how zerg is supposed to work.

I like to watch Idra play too but I'm not going to be a blind sheep (not saying you are) and hate someone and say someone is bad and has no skill just because my favorite player says so . Clearly, cruncher has a lot of skill, this is visible in watching his games and from the top players he is able to take down.



He then a-moved across the map and won.



If that was the case then cruncher beat Idra in a macro game. You really think that took no skill when Zerg is supposed to be the macro and knowledge race? Cruncher outplayed Idra and theres no denying that. A-moving across the map and winning via superior economy is what zerg is supposed to do best.

I'm an Idra fan first and a cruncher fan second but even I will admit that Idra got beat at his own game.

and the amount of times that will ever happen are few and far between. If you're asking for idra to never lose to inferior players, or any good player to do that then you'll be disappointed. It's largely irrelevant because idra wont be beaten at his own game most of the time.
Zinnwaldite
Profile Joined August 2010
Norway1567 Posts
May 19 2011 22:04 GMT
#10871
On May 20 2011 06:41 Thrax wrote:
Husky will be casting the finals of qualifier #1 of WCG USA tonight at 9:30PM EDT between IdrA and tQState. The score between the two players is already known, but i'm sure they are going to be exciting games regardless.

For more info:
http://us.wcg.com/?page=news&id=6971


care to share the result?
We promise with a view to hope, but the reason to "accomplish" what we promised would be fear.
1Eris1
Profile Joined September 2010
United States5797 Posts
May 19 2011 22:04 GMT
#10872
On May 20 2011 06:56 frumpylumps wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 20 2011 06:41 Mailing wrote:
On May 20 2011 06:08 frumpylumps wrote:
On May 20 2011 05:53 Mailing wrote:
On May 20 2011 05:11 frumpylumps wrote:
On May 19 2011 23:16 sudzy wrote:
On May 19 2011 22:56 Phisk wrote:
On May 19 2011 22:30 sudzy wrote:
On May 19 2011 14:05 EchelonTee wrote:
i was watching Idra's matches vs. Adelscott in EGWC... hilarious quote in G1

+ Show Spoiler +

Adelscott: big lat
Idra: shut up
Adelscott: gg

owned by the shut up xp


someone should make a motivational poster out of that


This is hilarious to you?
I love his game skill, but he has to be the most unlikeable pro in Starcraft 2.
I am at a loss as to what could possibly be the reason for his popularity.
Is it his internet tough guy routine? The BM is funny to people?
I am genuinely interested to know, because although I get that he has probably the best mechanics in the game, he gets away with being an absolute douche bag to anyone and everyone and gets lauded for it.
I seriously don't understand...


Everyone is a fan for a different reason. Some like his no-bullshit attitude and willingness to say whatever he thinks regardless of the consequences or weather its "pc" or not. Some think his BM is funny. Some are fans of his skill and don't care about or mind the BM. Some are fans for countless other reasons. Some are fans for all reasons combined.

I like that IdrA isn't afraid to cause a little controversy. People tend to overreact a lot, nothing he says is really that terrible. I also love his personality outside of games (interviews, talk shows, commentating etc).


I guess I'm just too old now. I was raised to believe that being disrespectful to your peers and being a general arrogant asshat would not get you many friends.
Times they are a-changin.


I hear ya man, it is disgusting to me that so many degenerates will worship someone who acts like an overgrown child just because they are good at a video game.


xtfftc, here is another Idra quote for you to add to the list. http://i.imgur.com/OgNzW.jpg

contributing



Cruncher beat idra with the colo + void deathball, on the old shakuras, ONE DAY before it was patched in 1.3.3.

Obviously the community and Blizzard believed he did indeed NOT use skill to win that or it would not have been nerfed and the map removed from tourneys.



Cruncher and Idra have both 3 wins and 3 losses vs each other, they are tied out of a total of 6 games.

You really think Cruncher doesn't have any skill? I know you are a huge Idra fan and maybe are inclined to be a little bias but don't you think that is a little silly to say?

Did you see crunchers blink stalker micro in their last match when it was him vs Idra? I have never seen such good blink stalker micro. I have never seen Idra do anything like that. I think mostly Idra just smashes his army headlong into his opponents and just expects to win because he thinks that is how zerg is supposed to work.

I like to watch Idra play too but I'm not going to be a blind sheep (not saying you are) and hate someone and say someone is bad and has no skill just because my favorite player says so . Clearly, cruncher has a lot of skill, this is visible in watching his games and from the top players he is able to take down.



He then a-moved across the map and won.



If that was the case then cruncher beat Idra in a macro game. You really think that took no skill when Zerg is supposed to be the macro and knowledge race? Cruncher outplayed Idra and theres no denying that. A-moving across the map and winning via superior economy is what zerg is supposed to do best.

I'm an Idra fan first and a cruncher fan second but even I will admit that Idra got beat at his own game.



Sorry but then that strat was nerfed in the next patch and the map was changed. Yeah, cruncher didn't outplay idra. The strat was broken, and it was nerfed
Known Aliases: Tyragon, Valeric ~MSL Forever, SKT is truly the Superior KT!
Dawski
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada435 Posts
May 19 2011 22:10 GMT
#10873
On May 20 2011 06:56 frumpylumps wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 20 2011 06:41 Mailing wrote:
On May 20 2011 06:08 frumpylumps wrote:
On May 20 2011 05:53 Mailing wrote:
On May 20 2011 05:11 frumpylumps wrote:
On May 19 2011 23:16 sudzy wrote:
On May 19 2011 22:56 Phisk wrote:
On May 19 2011 22:30 sudzy wrote:
On May 19 2011 14:05 EchelonTee wrote:
i was watching Idra's matches vs. Adelscott in EGWC... hilarious quote in G1

+ Show Spoiler +

Adelscott: big lat
Idra: shut up
Adelscott: gg

owned by the shut up xp


someone should make a motivational poster out of that


This is hilarious to you?
I love his game skill, but he has to be the most unlikeable pro in Starcraft 2.
I am at a loss as to what could possibly be the reason for his popularity.
Is it his internet tough guy routine? The BM is funny to people?
I am genuinely interested to know, because although I get that he has probably the best mechanics in the game, he gets away with being an absolute douche bag to anyone and everyone and gets lauded for it.
I seriously don't understand...


Everyone is a fan for a different reason. Some like his no-bullshit attitude and willingness to say whatever he thinks regardless of the consequences or weather its "pc" or not. Some think his BM is funny. Some are fans of his skill and don't care about or mind the BM. Some are fans for countless other reasons. Some are fans for all reasons combined.

I like that IdrA isn't afraid to cause a little controversy. People tend to overreact a lot, nothing he says is really that terrible. I also love his personality outside of games (interviews, talk shows, commentating etc).


I guess I'm just too old now. I was raised to believe that being disrespectful to your peers and being a general arrogant asshat would not get you many friends.
Times they are a-changin.


I hear ya man, it is disgusting to me that so many degenerates will worship someone who acts like an overgrown child just because they are good at a video game.


xtfftc, here is another Idra quote for you to add to the list. http://i.imgur.com/OgNzW.jpg

contributing



Cruncher beat idra with the colo + void deathball, on the old shakuras, ONE DAY before it was patched in 1.3.3.

Obviously the community and Blizzard believed he did indeed NOT use skill to win that or it would not have been nerfed and the map removed from tourneys.



Cruncher and Idra have both 3 wins and 3 losses vs each other, they are tied out of a total of 6 games.

You really think Cruncher doesn't have any skill? I know you are a huge Idra fan and maybe are inclined to be a little bias but don't you think that is a little silly to say?

Did you see crunchers blink stalker micro in their last match when it was him vs Idra? I have never seen such good blink stalker micro. I have never seen Idra do anything like that. I think mostly Idra just smashes his army headlong into his opponents and just expects to win because he thinks that is how zerg is supposed to work.

I like to watch Idra play too but I'm not going to be a blind sheep (not saying you are) and hate someone and say someone is bad and has no skill just because my favorite player says so . Clearly, cruncher has a lot of skill, this is visible in watching his games and from the top players he is able to take down.



He then a-moved across the map and won.



If that was the case then cruncher beat Idra in a macro game. You really think that took no skill when Zerg is supposed to be the macro and knowledge race? Cruncher outplayed Idra and theres no denying that. A-moving across the map and winning via superior economy is what zerg is supposed to do best.

I'm an Idra fan first and a cruncher fan second but even I will admit that Idra got beat at his own game.


its because people like you actually have no knowledge about the game at a higher level and dont actually know what to look at during the game other than what the caster is screaming at you. The Shakuras map was changed ffs to stop that bullshit of play from happening. The maps expansions are too close together to allow for mobility abuse via drops, the 3rd was in a small choke where you couldnt engage head on, the natural is on top of a small ramp which is unattackable, and if you cant harass the protoss and allow him to get 3 bases fast then 200/200 of collosi and voidrays then the zerg will lose.

No amount of skill with a "knowledge and macro race" (which i still dont understand what you mean) will change those basic rules. What do you mean cruncher beat him via superior economy? idrA had the superior economy just was impossible to stop the ball from accumulating.

Some players just seem to think that whoever won automatically is a better player. Please gain some knowledge.
do you REALLY want additional pylons?
KvltMan
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Sweden1609 Posts
May 19 2011 22:12 GMT
#10874
So tell me why we are responding to flame-bait in the fanclub-thread.
Get crunk
Tablespoon
Profile Joined January 2011
Norway223 Posts
May 19 2011 22:16 GMT
#10875
On May 20 2011 07:04 Sebzou wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 20 2011 06:41 Thrax wrote:
Husky will be casting the finals of qualifier #1 of WCG USA tonight at 9:30PM EDT between IdrA and tQState. The score between the two players is already known, but i'm sure they are going to be exciting games regardless.

For more info:
http://us.wcg.com/?page=news&id=6971


care to share the result?

This. Would appreciate a PM.
frumpylumps
Profile Joined September 2010
61 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-19 22:25:07
May 19 2011 22:19 GMT
#10876
On May 20 2011 07:10 Dawski wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 20 2011 06:56 frumpylumps wrote:
On May 20 2011 06:41 Mailing wrote:
On May 20 2011 06:08 frumpylumps wrote:
On May 20 2011 05:53 Mailing wrote:
On May 20 2011 05:11 frumpylumps wrote:
On May 19 2011 23:16 sudzy wrote:
On May 19 2011 22:56 Phisk wrote:
On May 19 2011 22:30 sudzy wrote:
On May 19 2011 14:05 EchelonTee wrote:
i was watching Idra's matches vs. Adelscott in EGWC... hilarious quote in G1

+ Show Spoiler +

Adelscott: big lat
Idra: shut up
Adelscott: gg

owned by the shut up xp


someone should make a motivational poster out of that


This is hilarious to you?
I love his game skill, but he has to be the most unlikeable pro in Starcraft 2.
I am at a loss as to what could possibly be the reason for his popularity.
Is it his internet tough guy routine? The BM is funny to people?
I am genuinely interested to know, because although I get that he has probably the best mechanics in the game, he gets away with being an absolute douche bag to anyone and everyone and gets lauded for it.
I seriously don't understand...


Everyone is a fan for a different reason. Some like his no-bullshit attitude and willingness to say whatever he thinks regardless of the consequences or weather its "pc" or not. Some think his BM is funny. Some are fans of his skill and don't care about or mind the BM. Some are fans for countless other reasons. Some are fans for all reasons combined.

I like that IdrA isn't afraid to cause a little controversy. People tend to overreact a lot, nothing he says is really that terrible. I also love his personality outside of games (interviews, talk shows, commentating etc).


I guess I'm just too old now. I was raised to believe that being disrespectful to your peers and being a general arrogant asshat would not get you many friends.
Times they are a-changin.


I hear ya man, it is disgusting to me that so many degenerates will worship someone who acts like an overgrown child just because they are good at a video game.


xtfftc, here is another Idra quote for you to add to the list. http://i.imgur.com/OgNzW.jpg

contributing



Cruncher beat idra with the colo + void deathball, on the old shakuras, ONE DAY before it was patched in 1.3.3.

Obviously the community and Blizzard believed he did indeed NOT use skill to win that or it would not have been nerfed and the map removed from tourneys.



Cruncher and Idra have both 3 wins and 3 losses vs each other, they are tied out of a total of 6 games.

You really think Cruncher doesn't have any skill? I know you are a huge Idra fan and maybe are inclined to be a little bias but don't you think that is a little silly to say?

Did you see crunchers blink stalker micro in their last match when it was him vs Idra? I have never seen such good blink stalker micro. I have never seen Idra do anything like that. I think mostly Idra just smashes his army headlong into his opponents and just expects to win because he thinks that is how zerg is supposed to work.

I like to watch Idra play too but I'm not going to be a blind sheep (not saying you are) and hate someone and say someone is bad and has no skill just because my favorite player says so . Clearly, cruncher has a lot of skill, this is visible in watching his games and from the top players he is able to take down.



He then a-moved across the map and won.



If that was the case then cruncher beat Idra in a macro game. You really think that took no skill when Zerg is supposed to be the macro and knowledge race? Cruncher outplayed Idra and theres no denying that. A-moving across the map and winning via superior economy is what zerg is supposed to do best.

I'm an Idra fan first and a cruncher fan second but even I will admit that Idra got beat at his own game.


its because people like you actually have no knowledge about the game at a higher level and dont actually know what to look at during the game other than what the caster is screaming at you. The Shakuras map was changed ffs to stop that bullshit of play from happening. The maps expansions are too close together to allow for mobility abuse via drops, the 3rd was in a small choke where you couldnt engage head on, the natural is on top of a small ramp which is unattackable, and if you cant harass the protoss and allow him to get 3 bases fast then 200/200 of collosi and voidrays then the zerg will lose.

No amount of skill with a "knowledge and macro race" (which i still dont understand what you mean) will change those basic rules. What do you mean cruncher beat him via superior economy? idrA had the superior economy just was impossible to stop the ball from accumulating.

Some players just seem to think that whoever won automatically is a better player. Please gain some knowledge.


Cruncher gave up map control and let Idra do whatever he wanted.

The map doesn't matter in this regard, it got changed because of the push terran was able to do through there. Nice try.

Cruncher had only two base while Idra had the whole map if he wanted. I know that being a fan can make us a little biased but how can you not see that Idra got outplayed? Idra had every advantage and still lost. Do you really think someone with "no skill" would be able to do that? I'm an Idra fan too but we should give credit where credit is due else everyone will think Idra fans are delusional morons who only see one POV: Idra's.

User was temp banned for this post.
ViperPL
Profile Joined March 2011
Poland1775 Posts
May 19 2011 22:21 GMT
#10877
Because he wasn't ?
A dota player and lol player walk into a bar. The dota player says: "lol sucks". Lol player couldn't deny. http://i.imgur.com/FpLeTf1.gif
xtfftc
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United Kingdom2343 Posts
May 19 2011 22:23 GMT
#10878
On May 20 2011 05:11 frumpylumps wrote:xtfftc, here is another Idra quote for you to add to the list. http://i.imgur.com/OgNzW.jpg

Cheers.

On May 20 2011 06:41 Thrax wrote:
Husky will be casting the finals of qualifier #1 of WCG USA tonight at 9:30PM EDT between IdrA and tQState. The score between the two players is already known, but i'm sure they are going to be exciting games regardless.

For more info:
http://us.wcg.com/?page=news&id=6971

Thanks for the info, I wasn't aware of that.

Guys, can we please refrain from discussing the results for the next few hours until they cast the game? I'm still not over getting the xiaOt series spoilt. :/

On May 20 2011 06:33 leakingpear wrote:
Is anyone else sick of all the terrible backseat mod "i'm more level headed than you just you wait i'll prove it!!!" posts by people who pick out the one in a hundred terrible IdrA fan posts and pretend that it applies a significant population of people who enjoy watching idra play? I swear the ratio of shitty idra fan posts to people denouncing shitty idra fan posts is like 1:80.

Protip: Your posts denouncing the shitty post are just as bad the guy making the shitty post because they have equally pointless content!


I couldn't care less really. It's not one of those things that will change by pointing it out and giving substantial arguments. Everyone who sticks around for long enough will notice it with time, and those that are only interested in drama will never be objective anyway. I've been in a lot of great discussions both here in the fanclub and back in the irc chat before he switched to justin.tv, while the noisy ones tend to disappear quickly as they get bored... Seriously, I couldn't care less. Idra's BM is at worst distasteful and boring. As long as he acts professionally during official games he can be distasteful and boring when he feels like it without disappointing me.
jester-
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Canada547 Posts
May 19 2011 22:29 GMT
#10879
On May 20 2011 01:52 xtfftc wrote:
I'm probably forgetting something but is xbankx the first one to prove Godwin's Law in this thread? Surely there must be others...

Show nested quote +
On May 20 2011 00:18 jester- wrote:
Hmm, to lighten the mood in here, I have a set of pictures that when I initially saw them, the first thing that popped into my head was IdrA. Think... IdrA after going to the gym, getting a tan, becoming slightly more metrosexual (plucked eyebrows, long groomed hair, tight weird clothing).

IdrA in ladies FHM 2013?

Might be slightly NSFW because your co-workers will think you are homosexual:

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


+ Show Spoiler +
Even more cocky with a smirk and visible emotion
[image loading]


Maybe it's just me. I could be completely out of my mind, but guy looks like a more buff and metro IdrA.


Are these real or shopped? :D


100% real.
Arise, chicken sandwich.
xtfftc
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United Kingdom2343 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-19 22:48:42
May 19 2011 22:36 GMT
#10880
On May 20 2011 06:08 frumpylumps wrote:
Cruncher and Idra have both 3 wins and 3 losses vs each other, they are tied out of a total of 6 games.

It's actually 5:4 for Idra in official matches (Justin.tv Invitational #2, TSL3, ESEA). That is if we count the Shakuras game, which we don't because it was a farce.

On May 20 2011 07:29 jester- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 20 2011 01:52 xtfftc wrote:
I'm probably forgetting something but is xbankx the first one to prove Godwin's Law in this thread? Surely there must be others...

On May 20 2011 00:18 jester- wrote:
Hmm, to lighten the mood in here, I have a set of pictures that when I initially saw them, the first thing that popped into my head was IdrA. Think... IdrA after going to the gym, getting a tan, becoming slightly more metrosexual (plucked eyebrows, long groomed hair, tight weird clothing).

IdrA in ladies FHM 2013?

Might be slightly NSFW because your co-workers will think you are homosexual:

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


+ Show Spoiler +
Even more cocky with a smirk and visible emotion
[image loading]


Maybe it's just me. I could be completely out of my mind, but guy looks like a more buff and metro IdrA.


Are these real or shopped? :D


100% real.

I'm tempted to tweet @ that girl that everyone thinks is Idra's girlfriend to see what she has to say about it. :D

Or perhaps just JP to get them on SC Center.

P.S. I'm astounded as to why this wasn't in the OP already... It is now.

TL Attack! S01E02 Part 1 Part 2
Prev 1 542 543 544 545 546 2897 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 33m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft390
RuFF_SC2 200
Nina 90
-ZergGirl 68
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2123
sorry 29
910 27
yabsab 18
Bale 17
Terrorterran 15
Icarus 5
Dota 2
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1142
taco 317
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox785
Other Games
summit1g8477
JimRising 664
Day[9].tv457
WinterStarcraft339
C9.Mang0281
Livibee154
Sick138
Maynarde125
ViBE99
ArmadaUGS28
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick842
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream156
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Response 9
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota283
League of Legends
• Stunt353
Other Games
• Day9tv457
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
6h 33m
Stellar Fest
8h 33m
The PondCast
1d 5h
OSC
1d 8h
Stellar Fest
1d 8h
OSC
1d 19h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.