• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:15
CEST 07:15
KST 14:15
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8255 users

The IdrA Fan Club - Page 543

Forum Index > Fan Clubs
Post a Reply
Prev 1 541 542 543 544 545 2897 Next
Personal attacks in this thread will draw a temp ban.
Whole
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States6046 Posts
May 19 2011 17:08 GMT
#10841
that is really weird, and the code is correct. also since you're more or less done, shouldn't we start using @grackennews?
motbob
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States12546 Posts
May 19 2011 17:12 GMT
#10842
On May 20 2011 01:54 xtfftc wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 20 2011 00:19 BadWithNames wrote:
On May 19 2011 23:23 xtfftc wrote:
I am definitely not getting enough love! Everyone's like "Whole this" and "Whole that" and as soon as I disappear for three months people start talking about replacing me. :/


Awwww. I used to love you but now that I know how needy you are WHOLE FOR LIFE.

Traitor!

Show nested quote +
On May 20 2011 00:38 Whole wrote:
On May 19 2011 23:23 xtfftc wrote:
On May 19 2011 08:32 Indrium wrote:
On May 19 2011 03:05 xtfftc wrote:
On May 19 2011 02:55 frumpylumps wrote:
http://i.imgur.com/cULBN.jpg

How can anyone be a fan of this guy?

good riddance.

User was warned for this post

Thanks, added to the OP.


I feel like the fact that this reply was fucking amazing isn't getting enough love.

I am definitely not getting enough love! Everyone's like "Whole this" and "Whole that" and as soon as I disappear for three months people start talking about replacing me. :/

ya people really dont give you enough credit. also is the OP 100% done yet?

Pretty much. I will probably remove most of the links from the replays section as well as they are freely available on other replays sites.
I feel like I've missed something as but this is more or less everything that has been posted in the fanclub.

Also, there seems to be some sort of a bug - a lot of the pics in the OP are displayed as [img: http://i.imgur.com/58dxd.png] instead of the actual image, although the code is correct. Unless I'm going blind.

If there are too many different pictures in a post, the pictures start bugging out near the end of the post. There's a thread in the website feedback forum about it, but I can't find it.

Try removing one of the pictures. You'll see that the highest previously non-rendering picture will suddenly render correctly.
ModeratorGood content always wins.
kittensrcute
Profile Joined August 2010
United States617 Posts
May 19 2011 17:12 GMT
#10843
On May 19 2011 22:30 sudzy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 19 2011 14:05 EchelonTee wrote:
i was watching Idra's matches vs. Adelscott in EGWC... hilarious quote in G1

+ Show Spoiler +

Adelscott: big lat
Idra: shut up
Adelscott: gg

owned by the shut up xp


someone should make a motivational poster out of that


This is hilarious to you?
I love his game skill, but he has to be the most unlikeable pro in Starcraft 2.
I am at a loss as to what could possibly be the reason for his popularity.
Is it his internet tough guy routine? The BM is funny to people?
I am genuinely interested to know, because although I get that he has probably the best mechanics in the game, he gets away with being an absolute douche bag to anyone and everyone and gets lauded for it.
I seriously don't understand...

You obviously do not understand the context of this quote.

Earlier in the EG Master's Cup, Adel blamed lag in a game versus KawaiiRice that IdrA was casting, when he went blind three base against Kawaii's one base all-in. The next game he said that "us people r tard" because Kawaii said he wasn't lagging and Adel would not stop whining about the lag even though there was something fundamentally wrong with his strategy.

So, when Adel brought up lag again after a failed attack that had no hope of doing any significant damage (because IdrA was prepared for it and Adel had used 3 Guardian Shields for no reason earlier in his base), IdrA was going to have none of it.

The response definitely makes sense seeing as Adel is trying to blame his poor strategy and execution on a latency issue. There is obviously some delay when playing on US from EU, but these "5 second spikes" he complains about are likely due to his connection, not the difference in servers.
Djagulingu
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Germany3605 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-19 17:39:55
May 19 2011 17:39 GMT
#10844
I found 2 Gisado Episodes that have IdrA in it. You may want to watch or add to the op as well. These aren't those TPZ special event or whatever it is games. Just regular Gisado episodes from early-mid february.

http://ch.gomtv.com/4555/28119/408785
http://ch.gomtv.com/4555/28119/408965
"windows bash is a steaming heap of shit" tofucake
Alexl
Profile Joined January 2011
288 Posts
May 19 2011 17:42 GMT
#10845
On May 20 2011 02:12 kittensrcute wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 19 2011 22:30 sudzy wrote:
On May 19 2011 14:05 EchelonTee wrote:
i was watching Idra's matches vs. Adelscott in EGWC... hilarious quote in G1

+ Show Spoiler +

Adelscott: big lat
Idra: shut up
Adelscott: gg

owned by the shut up xp


someone should make a motivational poster out of that


This is hilarious to you?
I love his game skill, but he has to be the most unlikeable pro in Starcraft 2.
I am at a loss as to what could possibly be the reason for his popularity.
Is it his internet tough guy routine? The BM is funny to people?
I am genuinely interested to know, because although I get that he has probably the best mechanics in the game, he gets away with being an absolute douche bag to anyone and everyone and gets lauded for it.
I seriously don't understand...

You obviously do not understand the context of this quote.

Earlier in the EG Master's Cup, Adel blamed lag in a game versus KawaiiRice that IdrA was casting, when he went blind three base against Kawaii's one base all-in. The next game he said that "us people r tard" because Kawaii said he wasn't lagging and Adel would not stop whining about the lag even though there was something fundamentally wrong with his strategy.

So, when Adel brought up lag again after a failed attack that had no hope of doing any significant damage (because IdrA was prepared for it and Adel had used 3 Guardian Shields for no reason earlier in his base), IdrA was going to have none of it.

The response definitely makes sense seeing as Adel is trying to blame his poor strategy and execution on a latency issue. There is obviously some delay when playing on US from EU, but these "5 second spikes" he complains about are likely due to his connection, not the difference in servers.

Adel has a notoriously bad connection, even playing on EU servers so i don't doubt he lagged. (no excusing what he said btw)
Alejandrisha
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States6566 Posts
May 19 2011 17:48 GMT
#10846
Lol that might not be good for their relationship if 100,000 idrA loving nerds suddenly discovered her identity.
get rich or die mining
TL+ Member
Mabius
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada323 Posts
May 19 2011 17:58 GMT
#10847
On May 20 2011 02:48 Alejandrisha wrote:
Lol that might not be good for their relationship if 100,000 idrA loving nerds suddenly discovered her identity.


If you mean Katy.. it was pretty much given away on STOG lol..
"Every revolution carries within it the seeds of it's own destruction.. and empires that rise will one day fall"
xtfftc
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United Kingdom2343 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-19 18:10:39
May 19 2011 18:02 GMT
#10848
On May 20 2011 02:12 motbob wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 20 2011 01:54 xtfftc wrote:
On May 20 2011 00:19 BadWithNames wrote:
On May 19 2011 23:23 xtfftc wrote:
I am definitely not getting enough love! Everyone's like "Whole this" and "Whole that" and as soon as I disappear for three months people start talking about replacing me. :/


Awwww. I used to love you but now that I know how needy you are WHOLE FOR LIFE.

Traitor!

On May 20 2011 00:38 Whole wrote:
On May 19 2011 23:23 xtfftc wrote:
On May 19 2011 08:32 Indrium wrote:
On May 19 2011 03:05 xtfftc wrote:
On May 19 2011 02:55 frumpylumps wrote:
http://i.imgur.com/cULBN.jpg

How can anyone be a fan of this guy?

good riddance.

User was warned for this post

Thanks, added to the OP.


I feel like the fact that this reply was fucking amazing isn't getting enough love.

I am definitely not getting enough love! Everyone's like "Whole this" and "Whole that" and as soon as I disappear for three months people start talking about replacing me. :/

ya people really dont give you enough credit. also is the OP 100% done yet?

Pretty much. I will probably remove most of the links from the replays section as well as they are freely available on other replays sites.
I feel like I've missed something as but this is more or less everything that has been posted in the fanclub.

Also, there seems to be some sort of a bug - a lot of the pics in the OP are displayed as [img: http://i.imgur.com/58dxd.png] instead of the actual image, although the code is correct. Unless I'm going blind.

If there are too many different pictures in a post, the pictures start bugging out near the end of the post. There's a thread in the website feedback forum about it, but I can't find it.

Try removing one of the pictures. You'll see that the highest previously non-rendering picture will suddenly render correctly.

Fixed it, cheers.


On May 20 2011 02:39 Djagulingu wrote:
I found 2 Gisado Episodes that have IdrA in it. You may want to watch or add to the op as well. These aren't those TPZ special event or whatever it is games. Just regular Gisado episodes from early-mid february.

http://ch.gomtv.com/4555/28119/408785
http://ch.gomtv.com/4555/28119/408965

Added, thanks.
sudzy
Profile Joined October 2010
United States58 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-19 20:05:44
May 19 2011 20:04 GMT
#10849
On May 20 2011 02:12 kittensrcute wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 19 2011 22:30 sudzy wrote:
On May 19 2011 14:05 EchelonTee wrote:
i was watching Idra's matches vs. Adelscott in EGWC... hilarious quote in G1

+ Show Spoiler +

Adelscott: big lat
Idra: shut up
Adelscott: gg

owned by the shut up xp


someone should make a motivational poster out of that


This is hilarious to you?
I love his game skill, but he has to be the most unlikeable pro in Starcraft 2.
I am at a loss as to what could possibly be the reason for his popularity.
Is it his internet tough guy routine? The BM is funny to people?
I am genuinely interested to know, because although I get that he has probably the best mechanics in the game, he gets away with being an absolute douche bag to anyone and everyone and gets lauded for it.
I seriously don't understand...

You obviously do not understand the context of this quote.

Earlier in the EG Master's Cup, Adel blamed lag in a game versus KawaiiRice that IdrA was casting, when he went blind three base against Kawaii's one base all-in. The next game he said that "us people r tard" because Kawaii said he wasn't lagging and Adel would not stop whining about the lag even though there was something fundamentally wrong with his strategy.

So, when Adel brought up lag again after a failed attack that had no hope of doing any significant damage (because IdrA was prepared for it and Adel had used 3 Guardian Shields for no reason earlier in his base), IdrA was going to have none of it.

The response definitely makes sense seeing as Adel is trying to blame his poor strategy and execution on a latency issue. There is obviously some delay when playing on US from EU, but these "5 second spikes" he complains about are likely due to his connection, not the difference in servers.


You are correct I did not know this and it makes more sense.
He still rubs me the wrong way, I have very little tolerance for people that carry themselves the way Idra does.
I've known quite a few like him in my business relationships and invariably they become their own worst enemy and I have to cut the cord.
Oh well, I've said my peace, please know that I think very highly of his play. It is exceptionally precise and well thought out, if not inventive.

Peace
Old, slow, and bald...
frumpylumps
Profile Joined September 2010
61 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-19 20:51:59
May 19 2011 20:11 GMT
#10850
On May 19 2011 23:16 sudzy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 19 2011 22:56 Phisk wrote:
On May 19 2011 22:30 sudzy wrote:
On May 19 2011 14:05 EchelonTee wrote:
i was watching Idra's matches vs. Adelscott in EGWC... hilarious quote in G1

+ Show Spoiler +

Adelscott: big lat
Idra: shut up
Adelscott: gg

owned by the shut up xp


someone should make a motivational poster out of that


This is hilarious to you?
I love his game skill, but he has to be the most unlikeable pro in Starcraft 2.
I am at a loss as to what could possibly be the reason for his popularity.
Is it his internet tough guy routine? The BM is funny to people?
I am genuinely interested to know, because although I get that he has probably the best mechanics in the game, he gets away with being an absolute douche bag to anyone and everyone and gets lauded for it.
I seriously don't understand...


Everyone is a fan for a different reason. Some like his no-bullshit attitude and willingness to say whatever he thinks regardless of the consequences or weather its "pc" or not. Some think his BM is funny. Some are fans of his skill and don't care about or mind the BM. Some are fans for countless other reasons. Some are fans for all reasons combined.

I like that IdrA isn't afraid to cause a little controversy. People tend to overreact a lot, nothing he says is really that terrible. I also love his personality outside of games (interviews, talk shows, commentating etc).


I guess I'm just too old now. I was raised to believe that being disrespectful to your peers and being a general arrogant asshat would not get you many friends.
Times they are a-changin.


I hear ya man, it is disgusting to me that so many degenerates will worship someone who acts like an overgrown child just because they are good at a video game.


xtfftc, here is another Idra quote for you to add to the list. http://i.imgur.com/OgNzW.jpg

contributing

walklightwhat
Profile Joined November 2010
Australia752 Posts
May 19 2011 20:33 GMT
#10851
On May 20 2011 05:11 frumpylumps wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 19 2011 23:16 sudzy wrote:
On May 19 2011 22:56 Phisk wrote:
On May 19 2011 22:30 sudzy wrote:
On May 19 2011 14:05 EchelonTee wrote:
i was watching Idra's matches vs. Adelscott in EGWC... hilarious quote in G1

+ Show Spoiler +

Adelscott: big lat
Idra: shut up
Adelscott: gg

owned by the shut up xp


someone should make a motivational poster out of that


This is hilarious to you?
I love his game skill, but he has to be the most unlikeable pro in Starcraft 2.
I am at a loss as to what could possibly be the reason for his popularity.
Is it his internet tough guy routine? The BM is funny to people?
I am genuinely interested to know, because although I get that he has probably the best mechanics in the game, he gets away with being an absolute douche bag to anyone and everyone and gets lauded for it.
I seriously don't understand...


Everyone is a fan for a different reason. Some like his no-bullshit attitude and willingness to say whatever he thinks regardless of the consequences or weather its "pc" or not. Some think his BM is funny. Some are fans of his skill and don't care about or mind the BM. Some are fans for countless other reasons. Some are fans for all reasons combined.

I like that IdrA isn't afraid to cause a little controversy. People tend to overreact a lot, nothing he says is really that terrible. I also love his personality outside of games (interviews, talk shows, commentating etc).


I guess I'm just too old now. I was raised to believe that being disrespectful to your peers and being a general arrogant asshat would not get you many friends.
Times they are a-changin.


I hear ya man, it is disgusting to me that so many degenerates will worship someone who acts like an overgrown child just because they are good at a video game.


xtfftc, here is another Idra quote for you to add to the list. http://i.imgur.com/OgNzW.jpg



It amazes me that someone who so obviously has a problem with IdrA would be reading his fanclub thread in the first place. Such a strange thing to do.
freeloader625
Profile Joined May 2010
United States180 Posts
May 19 2011 20:38 GMT
#10852
On May 20 2011 05:04 sudzy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 20 2011 02:12 kittensrcute wrote:
On May 19 2011 22:30 sudzy wrote:
On May 19 2011 14:05 EchelonTee wrote:
i was watching Idra's matches vs. Adelscott in EGWC... hilarious quote in G1

+ Show Spoiler +

Adelscott: big lat
Idra: shut up
Adelscott: gg

owned by the shut up xp


someone should make a motivational poster out of that


This is hilarious to you?
I love his game skill, but he has to be the most unlikeable pro in Starcraft 2.
I am at a loss as to what could possibly be the reason for his popularity.
Is it his internet tough guy routine? The BM is funny to people?
I am genuinely interested to know, because although I get that he has probably the best mechanics in the game, he gets away with being an absolute douche bag to anyone and everyone and gets lauded for it.
I seriously don't understand...

You obviously do not understand the context of this quote.

Earlier in the EG Master's Cup, Adel blamed lag in a game versus KawaiiRice that IdrA was casting, when he went blind three base against Kawaii's one base all-in. The next game he said that "us people r tard" because Kawaii said he wasn't lagging and Adel would not stop whining about the lag even though there was something fundamentally wrong with his strategy.

So, when Adel brought up lag again after a failed attack that had no hope of doing any significant damage (because IdrA was prepared for it and Adel had used 3 Guardian Shields for no reason earlier in his base), IdrA was going to have none of it.

The response definitely makes sense seeing as Adel is trying to blame his poor strategy and execution on a latency issue. There is obviously some delay when playing on US from EU, but these "5 second spikes" he complains about are likely due to his connection, not the difference in servers.


You are correct I did not know this and it makes more sense.
He still rubs me the wrong way, I have very little tolerance for people that carry themselves the way Idra does.
I've known quite a few like him in my business relationships and invariably they become their own worst enemy and I have to cut the cord.
Oh well, I've said my peace, please know that I think very highly of his play. It is exceptionally precise and well thought out, if not inventive.

Peace


I used to think the same, until I began seeing him "in-person," casting, in interviews, interacting with other starcraft players irl and on SOTG. Before I could not stand his attitude and his disrespect towards other players.

I began to see another side of him and realized its more of an online persona. It's just an image he wants for himself. He's like Phil Hellmuth of poker. Both Idra and Phil are extremely talented but wild, outspoken terrible mannered person at the game/table, but off the game/table hes really chill, 100% family guy, loves his kids, etc etc. Although sometimes they both take it a bit too far, which I dislike.

Don't take them so seriously. And they do add flavor to the game. They're just different. Give them a shot and you'll see what you've been missing out.
OrchidThief
Profile Joined April 2011
Denmark2298 Posts
May 19 2011 20:44 GMT
#10853
On May 20 2011 05:11 frumpylumps wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 19 2011 23:16 sudzy wrote:
On May 19 2011 22:56 Phisk wrote:
On May 19 2011 22:30 sudzy wrote:
On May 19 2011 14:05 EchelonTee wrote:
i was watching Idra's matches vs. Adelscott in EGWC... hilarious quote in G1

+ Show Spoiler +

Adelscott: big lat
Idra: shut up
Adelscott: gg

owned by the shut up xp


someone should make a motivational poster out of that


This is hilarious to you?
I love his game skill, but he has to be the most unlikeable pro in Starcraft 2.
I am at a loss as to what could possibly be the reason for his popularity.
Is it his internet tough guy routine? The BM is funny to people?
I am genuinely interested to know, because although I get that he has probably the best mechanics in the game, he gets away with being an absolute douche bag to anyone and everyone and gets lauded for it.
I seriously don't understand...


Everyone is a fan for a different reason. Some like his no-bullshit attitude and willingness to say whatever he thinks regardless of the consequences or weather its "pc" or not. Some think his BM is funny. Some are fans of his skill and don't care about or mind the BM. Some are fans for countless other reasons. Some are fans for all reasons combined.

I like that IdrA isn't afraid to cause a little controversy. People tend to overreact a lot, nothing he says is really that terrible. I also love his personality outside of games (interviews, talk shows, commentating etc).


I guess I'm just too old now. I was raised to believe that being disrespectful to your peers and being a general arrogant asshat would not get you many friends.
Times they are a-changin.


I hear ya man, it is disgusting to me that so many degenerates will worship someone who acts like an overgrown child just because they are good at a video game.


xtfftc, here is another Idra quote for you to add to the list. http://i.imgur.com/OgNzW.jpg



Feel free to not post here again then.
Clog
Profile Joined January 2011
United States950 Posts
May 19 2011 20:48 GMT
#10854
On May 20 2011 05:38 freeloader625 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 20 2011 05:04 sudzy wrote:
On May 20 2011 02:12 kittensrcute wrote:
On May 19 2011 22:30 sudzy wrote:
On May 19 2011 14:05 EchelonTee wrote:
i was watching Idra's matches vs. Adelscott in EGWC... hilarious quote in G1

+ Show Spoiler +

Adelscott: big lat
Idra: shut up
Adelscott: gg

owned by the shut up xp


someone should make a motivational poster out of that


This is hilarious to you?
I love his game skill, but he has to be the most unlikeable pro in Starcraft 2.
I am at a loss as to what could possibly be the reason for his popularity.
Is it his internet tough guy routine? The BM is funny to people?
I am genuinely interested to know, because although I get that he has probably the best mechanics in the game, he gets away with being an absolute douche bag to anyone and everyone and gets lauded for it.
I seriously don't understand...

You obviously do not understand the context of this quote.

Earlier in the EG Master's Cup, Adel blamed lag in a game versus KawaiiRice that IdrA was casting, when he went blind three base against Kawaii's one base all-in. The next game he said that "us people r tard" because Kawaii said he wasn't lagging and Adel would not stop whining about the lag even though there was something fundamentally wrong with his strategy.

So, when Adel brought up lag again after a failed attack that had no hope of doing any significant damage (because IdrA was prepared for it and Adel had used 3 Guardian Shields for no reason earlier in his base), IdrA was going to have none of it.

The response definitely makes sense seeing as Adel is trying to blame his poor strategy and execution on a latency issue. There is obviously some delay when playing on US from EU, but these "5 second spikes" he complains about are likely due to his connection, not the difference in servers.


You are correct I did not know this and it makes more sense.
He still rubs me the wrong way, I have very little tolerance for people that carry themselves the way Idra does.
I've known quite a few like him in my business relationships and invariably they become their own worst enemy and I have to cut the cord.
Oh well, I've said my peace, please know that I think very highly of his play. It is exceptionally precise and well thought out, if not inventive.

Peace


I used to think the same, until I began seeing him "in-person," casting, in interviews, interacting with other starcraft players irl and on SOTG. Before I could not stand his attitude and his disrespect towards other players.

I began to see another side of him and realized its more of an online persona. It's just an image he wants for himself. He's like Phil Hellmuth of poker. Both Idra and Phil are extremely talented but wild, outspoken terrible mannered person at the game/table, but off the game/table hes really chill, 100% family guy, loves his kids, etc etc. Although sometimes they both take it a bit too far, which I dislike.

Don't take them so seriously. And they do add flavor to the game. They're just different. Give them a shot and you'll see what you've been missing out.


But... but... the internets! They're not being taken seriously!
NesTea | LosirA | MVP | CoCa | Nada | Ryung | DRG | YongHwa
NPHarris
Profile Joined May 2011
91 Posts
May 19 2011 20:51 GMT
#10855
On May 20 2011 05:33 walklightwhat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 20 2011 05:11 frumpylumps wrote:
On May 19 2011 23:16 sudzy wrote:
On May 19 2011 22:56 Phisk wrote:
On May 19 2011 22:30 sudzy wrote:
On May 19 2011 14:05 EchelonTee wrote:
i was watching Idra's matches vs. Adelscott in EGWC... hilarious quote in G1

+ Show Spoiler +

Adelscott: big lat
Idra: shut up
Adelscott: gg

owned by the shut up xp


someone should make a motivational poster out of that


This is hilarious to you?
I love his game skill, but he has to be the most unlikeable pro in Starcraft 2.
I am at a loss as to what could possibly be the reason for his popularity.
Is it his internet tough guy routine? The BM is funny to people?
I am genuinely interested to know, because although I get that he has probably the best mechanics in the game, he gets away with being an absolute douche bag to anyone and everyone and gets lauded for it.
I seriously don't understand...


Everyone is a fan for a different reason. Some like his no-bullshit attitude and willingness to say whatever he thinks regardless of the consequences or weather its "pc" or not. Some think his BM is funny. Some are fans of his skill and don't care about or mind the BM. Some are fans for countless other reasons. Some are fans for all reasons combined.

I like that IdrA isn't afraid to cause a little controversy. People tend to overreact a lot, nothing he says is really that terrible. I also love his personality outside of games (interviews, talk shows, commentating etc).


I guess I'm just too old now. I was raised to believe that being disrespectful to your peers and being a general arrogant asshat would not get you many friends.
Times they are a-changin.


I hear ya man, it is disgusting to me that so many degenerates will worship someone who acts like an overgrown child just because they are good at a video game.


xtfftc, here is another Idra quote for you to add to the list. http://i.imgur.com/OgNzW.jpg



It amazes me that someone who so obviously has a problem with IdrA would be reading his fanclub thread in the first place. Such a strange thing to do.


No, stating your opinion about someone whenever they are mentioned on the internet is very important.
Mailing
Profile Joined March 2011
United States3087 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-19 20:54:11
May 19 2011 20:53 GMT
#10856
On May 20 2011 05:11 frumpylumps wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 19 2011 23:16 sudzy wrote:
On May 19 2011 22:56 Phisk wrote:
On May 19 2011 22:30 sudzy wrote:
On May 19 2011 14:05 EchelonTee wrote:
i was watching Idra's matches vs. Adelscott in EGWC... hilarious quote in G1

+ Show Spoiler +

Adelscott: big lat
Idra: shut up
Adelscott: gg

owned by the shut up xp


someone should make a motivational poster out of that


This is hilarious to you?
I love his game skill, but he has to be the most unlikeable pro in Starcraft 2.
I am at a loss as to what could possibly be the reason for his popularity.
Is it his internet tough guy routine? The BM is funny to people?
I am genuinely interested to know, because although I get that he has probably the best mechanics in the game, he gets away with being an absolute douche bag to anyone and everyone and gets lauded for it.
I seriously don't understand...


Everyone is a fan for a different reason. Some like his no-bullshit attitude and willingness to say whatever he thinks regardless of the consequences or weather its "pc" or not. Some think his BM is funny. Some are fans of his skill and don't care about or mind the BM. Some are fans for countless other reasons. Some are fans for all reasons combined.

I like that IdrA isn't afraid to cause a little controversy. People tend to overreact a lot, nothing he says is really that terrible. I also love his personality outside of games (interviews, talk shows, commentating etc).


I guess I'm just too old now. I was raised to believe that being disrespectful to your peers and being a general arrogant asshat would not get you many friends.
Times they are a-changin.


I hear ya man, it is disgusting to me that so many degenerates will worship someone who acts like an overgrown child just because they are good at a video game.


xtfftc, here is another Idra quote for you to add to the list. http://i.imgur.com/OgNzW.jpg

contributing



Cruncher beat idra with the colo + void deathball, on the old shakuras, ONE DAY before it was patched in 1.3.3.

Obviously the community and Blizzard believed he did indeed NOT use skill to win that or it would not have been nerfed and the map removed from tourneys.
Are you hurting ESPORTS? Find out today - http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/viewblog.php?topic_id=232866
frumpylumps
Profile Joined September 2010
61 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-19 21:19:17
May 19 2011 21:08 GMT
#10857
On May 20 2011 05:53 Mailing wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 20 2011 05:11 frumpylumps wrote:
On May 19 2011 23:16 sudzy wrote:
On May 19 2011 22:56 Phisk wrote:
On May 19 2011 22:30 sudzy wrote:
On May 19 2011 14:05 EchelonTee wrote:
i was watching Idra's matches vs. Adelscott in EGWC... hilarious quote in G1

+ Show Spoiler +

Adelscott: big lat
Idra: shut up
Adelscott: gg

owned by the shut up xp


someone should make a motivational poster out of that


This is hilarious to you?
I love his game skill, but he has to be the most unlikeable pro in Starcraft 2.
I am at a loss as to what could possibly be the reason for his popularity.
Is it his internet tough guy routine? The BM is funny to people?
I am genuinely interested to know, because although I get that he has probably the best mechanics in the game, he gets away with being an absolute douche bag to anyone and everyone and gets lauded for it.
I seriously don't understand...


Everyone is a fan for a different reason. Some like his no-bullshit attitude and willingness to say whatever he thinks regardless of the consequences or weather its "pc" or not. Some think his BM is funny. Some are fans of his skill and don't care about or mind the BM. Some are fans for countless other reasons. Some are fans for all reasons combined.

I like that IdrA isn't afraid to cause a little controversy. People tend to overreact a lot, nothing he says is really that terrible. I also love his personality outside of games (interviews, talk shows, commentating etc).


I guess I'm just too old now. I was raised to believe that being disrespectful to your peers and being a general arrogant asshat would not get you many friends.
Times they are a-changin.


I hear ya man, it is disgusting to me that so many degenerates will worship someone who acts like an overgrown child just because they are good at a video game.


xtfftc, here is another Idra quote for you to add to the list. http://i.imgur.com/OgNzW.jpg

contributing



Cruncher beat idra with the colo + void deathball, on the old shakuras, ONE DAY before it was patched in 1.3.3.

Obviously the community and Blizzard believed he did indeed NOT use skill to win that or it would not have been nerfed and the map removed from tourneys.



Cruncher and Idra have both 3 wins and 3 losses vs each other, they are tied out of a total of 6 games.

You really think Cruncher doesn't have any skill? I know you are a huge Idra fan and maybe are inclined to be a little bias but don't you think that is a little silly to say?

Did you see crunchers blink stalker micro in their last match when it was him vs Idra? I have never seen such good blink stalker micro. I have never seen Idra do anything like that. I think mostly Idra just smashes his army headlong into his opponents and just expects to win because he thinks that is how zerg is supposed to work.

I like to watch Idra play too but I'm not going to be a blind sheep (not saying you are) and hate someone and say someone is bad and has no skill just because my favorite player says so . Clearly, cruncher has a lot of skill, this is visible in watching his games and from the top players he is able to take down.
woob
Profile Joined November 2010
United Kingdom1322 Posts
May 19 2011 21:14 GMT
#10858
love him or not idras attitude does more good than bad for the sc2 scene
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ez
Thrax
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada1755 Posts
May 19 2011 21:14 GMT
#10859
On May 20 2011 05:11 frumpylumps wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 19 2011 23:16 sudzy wrote:
On May 19 2011 22:56 Phisk wrote:
On May 19 2011 22:30 sudzy wrote:
On May 19 2011 14:05 EchelonTee wrote:
i was watching Idra's matches vs. Adelscott in EGWC... hilarious quote in G1

+ Show Spoiler +

Adelscott: big lat
Idra: shut up
Adelscott: gg

owned by the shut up xp


someone should make a motivational poster out of that


This is hilarious to you?
I love his game skill, but he has to be the most unlikeable pro in Starcraft 2.
I am at a loss as to what could possibly be the reason for his popularity.
Is it his internet tough guy routine? The BM is funny to people?
I am genuinely interested to know, because although I get that he has probably the best mechanics in the game, he gets away with being an absolute douche bag to anyone and everyone and gets lauded for it.
I seriously don't understand...


Everyone is a fan for a different reason. Some like his no-bullshit attitude and willingness to say whatever he thinks regardless of the consequences or weather its "pc" or not. Some think his BM is funny. Some are fans of his skill and don't care about or mind the BM. Some are fans for countless other reasons. Some are fans for all reasons combined.

I like that IdrA isn't afraid to cause a little controversy. People tend to overreact a lot, nothing he says is really that terrible. I also love his personality outside of games (interviews, talk shows, commentating etc).


I guess I'm just too old now. I was raised to believe that being disrespectful to your peers and being a general arrogant asshat would not get you many friends.
Times they are a-changin.


I hear ya man, it is disgusting to me that so many degenerates will worship someone who acts like an overgrown child just because they are good at a video game.


xtfftc, here is another Idra quote for you to add to the list. http://i.imgur.com/OgNzW.jpg

contributing


It's fine if you dislike IdrA (and your posting history in other threads show that quite clearly) - a lot of people dislike the way he plays and the way he acts, but don't you think posting about it in his fanclub and calling his fans (or at least some of them) degenerates is inappropriate?
number1gog
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States1081 Posts
May 19 2011 21:18 GMT
#10860
On May 20 2011 05:11 frumpylumps wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 19 2011 23:16 sudzy wrote:
On May 19 2011 22:56 Phisk wrote:
On May 19 2011 22:30 sudzy wrote:
On May 19 2011 14:05 EchelonTee wrote:
i was watching Idra's matches vs. Adelscott in EGWC... hilarious quote in G1

+ Show Spoiler +

Adelscott: big lat
Idra: shut up
Adelscott: gg

owned by the shut up xp


someone should make a motivational poster out of that


This is hilarious to you?
I love his game skill, but he has to be the most unlikeable pro in Starcraft 2.
I am at a loss as to what could possibly be the reason for his popularity.
Is it his internet tough guy routine? The BM is funny to people?
I am genuinely interested to know, because although I get that he has probably the best mechanics in the game, he gets away with being an absolute douche bag to anyone and everyone and gets lauded for it.
I seriously don't understand...


Everyone is a fan for a different reason. Some like his no-bullshit attitude and willingness to say whatever he thinks regardless of the consequences or weather its "pc" or not. Some think his BM is funny. Some are fans of his skill and don't care about or mind the BM. Some are fans for countless other reasons. Some are fans for all reasons combined.

I like that IdrA isn't afraid to cause a little controversy. People tend to overreact a lot, nothing he says is really that terrible. I also love his personality outside of games (interviews, talk shows, commentating etc).


I guess I'm just too old now. I was raised to believe that being disrespectful to your peers and being a general arrogant asshat would not get you many friends.
Times they are a-changin.


I hear ya man, it is disgusting to me that so many degenerates will worship someone who acts like an overgrown child just because they are good at a video game.


xtfftc, here is another Idra quote for you to add to the list. http://i.imgur.com/OgNzW.jpg

contributing



Yep, nothing but degenerates in here. You'd better leave this thread before someone mistakenly associates you with us.
5sz6sz7sz1a2a3a4a kwanrollllllled
Prev 1 541 542 543 544 545 2897 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 45m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft384
RuFF_SC2 187
-ZergGirl 108
Nina 98
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2065
sorry 44
910 31
Bale 24
NotJumperer 16
yabsab 11
ZergMaN 10
Icarus 6
Dota 2
LuMiX1
League of Legends
JimRising 649
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1105
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox830
Mew2King11
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor0
Other Games
summit1g7513
WinterStarcraft359
C9.Mang0265
Livibee154
Sick141
Maynarde121
ArmadaUGS43
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick653
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream200
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2292
League of Legends
• Stunt422
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
5h 45m
Stellar Fest
7h 45m
The PondCast
1d 4h
OSC
1d 7h
Stellar Fest
1d 7h
OSC
1d 18h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.