• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:11
CEST 07:11
KST 14:11
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War595.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8425 users

! [G] Forge FE wall-ins on popular maps. - Page 9

Forum Index > Brood War Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 14 Next All
humblegar
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
Norway883 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-12-19 00:29:03
December 16 2008 22:34 GMT
#161
Edit: decided to redo all on Andromeda, didn't quite get the suggestions posted by Geno and Valtyr.

All solutions stop lings when probes are placed as shown (tested). Cannons (usually both) cover pylon, gateway, forge, nexus, gass, blocking probes and mostly minerals and ramp.

Andromeda
+ Show Spoiler [1 o'clock] +
Kind of weird, but ok if you watch the inside of the gateway
[image loading]


+ Show Spoiler [5 o'clock] +
Watch the ramp (both cover some of it though)
[image loading]


+ Show Spoiler [7 o'clock] +
I think Free does it like this, notice the probe by the gass, he only used 1 probe at the ramp to let cannons get some shots at lings running for the main though.
[image loading]


+ Show Spoiler [11 o'clock] +
Looks easy! (famous last words)
[image loading]




Nytefish
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United Kingdom4282 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-12-19 02:32:27
December 18 2008 21:24 GMT
#162
Well I'm too tired to play right now so I went through the thread and sorted/collected these wall-ins.

So I'll start filling in gaps now.

Colosseum II

This one is very easy, the forge and gateway placement is fixed but you can move the pylon/cannons however you like.
+ Show Spoiler [11 O'Clock] +
[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler [1 O'Clock] +
[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler [5 O'Clock] +
[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler [7 O'Clock] +
[image loading]


Destination 1.1

I saw a lot of variations for this one. Some are aimed more towards defending against hydras rather than run-bys so the pylon/initial cannon is further out. I picked the ones I thought looked neatest.

+ Show Spoiler [12 O'Clock] +
[image loading]

You can put the pylon or cannon where the probes are but you'll have to kill something to get units out.
[image loading]


+ Show Spoiler [6 O'Clock] +
[image loading]

[image loading]



Rush Hour 3

I would feel very uneasy FE'ing on this map, but it should be possible. These probably aren't optimal since I didn't use progamer's placements except at 7 o'clock.

+ Show Spoiler [11 O'Clock] +
[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler [3 O'Clock] +
[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler [7 O'Clock] +
[image loading]

Goon is just there to show you can get those clunky things out.



Not sure about these Othello ones:
+ Show Spoiler +

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

No I'm never serious.
Gnojfatelob
Profile Joined April 2008
Belgium216 Posts
December 30 2008 14:39 GMT
#163
Thought i update this one, since i dont think the medusa ones are optimal and seeing that it's motw on iccup.

Medusa 1.1

+ Show Spoiler [3 O'Clock] +
[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler [7 O'Clock] +
[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler [11 O'Clock] +
[image loading]
Probably the best starcraft player in the world
SilverSkyLark
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Philippines8437 Posts
December 30 2008 14:46 GMT
#164
I tried doing Yellow, the map by NastyMarine and edited by NightmareJoo, but there are some nats that have 2 ways to wall in.

1. Wallin infront of the Nexus.
2. Wallin behind the Nexus but the cannons are covering the mineral lines and it uses the Nexus as part of the wall.
"If i lost an arm, I would play w3." -IntoTheWow || "Member of Hyuk Hyuk Hyuk cafe. He's the next Jaedong, baby!"
Gnojfatelob
Profile Joined April 2008
Belgium216 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-12-30 15:59:29
December 30 2008 15:59 GMT
#165
I gave yellow a try, seems the 11 O'Clock you need three probes, all other positions it can be done with 2 probes to block. Shouldn't matter to much in a game though.

Yellow

+ Show Spoiler [1 O'Clock] +
[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler [5 O'Clock] +
[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler [7 O'Clock] +
[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler [11 O'Clock] +
[image loading]
Probably the best starcraft player in the world
vAltyR
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States581 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-12-30 17:49:00
December 30 2008 17:21 GMT
#166
Gnojfatelob, did you check to see where lings can get through on your Medusa? I think there's a few holes, I'll test them out really quickly and let you know

EDIT: Tested, and I like your 7 and 11 better. Both of mine needed an extra probe to plug a hole, whereas yours didn't need it. My only suggestion there is at 7, I would move the pylon left 1 matrix and up two matrices, however where you have it works just as well.

Our setups at 3 are almost exactly the same. Your forge is shifted right one matrix and your gateway is shifted left two matrices from my placements. In terms of blocking zerglings, they'll do the exact same thing, but I like my setup with having one of the cannons forward a bit more relative to the gateway.

I'll update my previous post with your 7 and 11 setups (giving you credit of course) since they are better. I guess it goes to show that even the progamers make mistakes (since I took my medusa setups directly from the progamers).
내 호버크라프트는 장어로 가득 차 있어요
Gnojfatelob
Profile Joined April 2008
Belgium216 Posts
December 30 2008 17:34 GMT
#167
On December 31 2008 02:21 vAltyR wrote:
Gnojfatelob, did you check to see where lings can get through on your Medusa? I think there's a few holes, I'll test them out really quickly and let you know.


Nono, no holes, except ofc the probes, but you gotta micro those a little. The're not my designs, i took them from bisu.
Probably the best starcraft player in the world
vAltyR
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States581 Posts
December 30 2008 17:49 GMT
#168
On December 31 2008 02:34 Gnojfatelob wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 31 2008 02:21 vAltyR wrote:
Gnojfatelob, did you check to see where lings can get through on your Medusa? I think there's a few holes, I'll test them out really quickly and let you know.


Nono, no holes, except ofc the probes, but you gotta micro those a little. The're not my designs, i took them from bisu.



Aahhhh, that explains it. I got my 3 from bisu, which is why it's so similar.
내 호버크라프트는 장어로 가득 차 있어요
SilverSkyLark
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Philippines8437 Posts
December 31 2008 04:11 GMT
#169
dude, at the 1 position at yellow, the lings can pass between the stone tower and the gateway, that was what pissed me off when I was trying it. Good job on the 7 though, I had a different version of your wall.haha.
"If i lost an arm, I would play w3." -IntoTheWow || "Member of Hyuk Hyuk Hyuk cafe. He's the next Jaedong, baby!"
SilverSkyLark
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Philippines8437 Posts
December 31 2008 04:15 GMT
#170
and I think the one at 3, the last time I checked, you need 2 probes to block the space between the gateway and the assimilator.
"If i lost an arm, I would play w3." -IntoTheWow || "Member of Hyuk Hyuk Hyuk cafe. He's the next Jaedong, baby!"
Abydos1
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United States832 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-01-26 04:04:38
January 26 2009 04:04 GMT
#171
Here are my attempts at Othello since I can't view Nony's album right now.

+ Show Spoiler [Othello] +

Red lines are notable places where lings can pass. I generally tried to increase the distance lings would have to run and made sure cannons could cover each other, the ramp, and the back of the minerals.

At the 1 o'clock while only zealots can pass through you can destroy the neutral building to facilitate movement once the ling threat is over. Note that at the 1 o'clock position lings can hit the far corner of the gateway without being in cannon range; the gateway may be able to be moved up one but it might make it harder to block with probes.

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

"...perhaps the greatest joy possible in Starcraft, being accused of being a maphacker" - Day[9]
Centric
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States1989 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-01-26 06:04:52
January 26 2009 05:42 GMT
#172
On January 26 2009 13:04 Abydos1 wrote:
Here are my attempts at Othello since I can't view Nony's album right now.

+ Show Spoiler [Othello] +

Red lines are notable places where lings can pass. I generally tried to increase the distance lings would have to run and made sure cannons could cover each other, the ramp, and the back of the minerals.

At the 1 o'clock while only zealots can pass through you can destroy the neutral building to facilitate movement once the ling threat is over. Note that at the 1 o'clock position lings can hit the far corner of the gateway without being in cannon range; the gateway may be able to be moved up one but it might make it harder to block with probes.

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]


NonY's are a lot better than this. Let me see if I can duplicate them.

EDIT: Here they are. I'm a little iffy about 7 o'clock, but I'm pretty sure the rest of them are NonY's.

1 o'clock
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


5 o'clock
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


7 o'clock
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


10 o'clock
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
Super serious.
Centric
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States1989 Posts
January 26 2009 06:06 GMT
#173
Actually upon looking at 7 o'clock I think the cannon on the right should be directly to the right of the pylon.
Super serious.
vAltyR
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States581 Posts
February 11 2009 20:01 GMT
#174
MrHoon was so kind as to do a translation on the proper wall-ins on Tears of the Moon. Here's the article.
내 호버크라프트는 장어로 가득 차 있어요
Yaqoob
Profile Blog Joined March 2005
Canada3408 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-02-11 21:23:20
February 11 2009 21:21 GMT
#175
I actually saved Nony's pictures of his wall-ins on Othello a while back so here they are:

+ Show Spoiler [1 o'clock] +
[
[image loading]


+ Show Spoiler [5 o'clock] +
[image loading]


+ Show Spoiler [7 o'clock] +
[
[image loading]


+ Show Spoiler [10 o'clock] +
[image loading]
김택용 Fighting!
Zerum
Profile Joined February 2008
Sweden348 Posts
February 20 2009 00:15 GMT
#176
On November 17 2008 18:34 vAltyR wrote:
Anyways, since Athena II is MOTW this week, I figured I'd go ahead and work that one out. Let me know if you see any problems with these.

Athena II
+ Show Spoiler [2 o'clock] +
[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler [6 o'clock] +
[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler [10 o'clock] +
[image loading]


I was wondering about thes walls if they are realy the best way to wall on that map as it seams like they got huge openings and make it veary easy to do a run by or should I just block my ramp and let the canons take car of the zerglings? I'm realy noob so I don't realy know trying to learn how to do a fe build better...
ccou
Profile Joined December 2008
United States681 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-03-21 21:53:55
March 21 2009 21:52 GMT
#177
My group has been playing Spinel Valley quite a bit.

+ Show Spoiler [left] +
[image loading]


+ Show Spoiler [right] +
[image loading]


I liked these simcities because:
1) lots of room for your army before pushing out and army doesn't have to step through probe line
2) only takes 1 probe or 2 if feeling insecure to block

Things that are less than desirable:
1)ain't too great against hydra break
2)far away from nat nexus

Any suggestions for alternate simcities would be great.

======
Also, it may be a lot of work, but I'm sure the community would appreciate it if a kind-hearted mod would help update the OP to include the new simcities.
Wake up Mr. B!
GrandInquisitor *
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
New York City13113 Posts
March 21 2009 22:50 GMT
#178
the pylon can really power those cannons next to the nexus? that's surprising
What fun is it being cool if you can’t wear a sombrero?
Sonu
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada577 Posts
March 22 2009 00:05 GMT
#179
there is something on the recommended threads similar to this stuff
"I really like this wall-in, because its not a fucking wall" - DAy[9]
ccou
Profile Joined December 2008
United States681 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-03-22 17:59:49
March 22 2009 17:44 GMT
#180
On March 22 2009 09:05 Sonu wrote:
there is something on the recommended threads similar to this stuff


This is that recommended thread. XD
Wake up Mr. B!
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 14 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 50m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
FoxeR 79
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4495
Leta 1567
Bale 59
Shine 32
ZergMaN 10
Icarus 8
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm270
League of Legends
JimRising 651
Other Games
summit1g9026
WinterStarcraft593
Sick117
Mew2King28
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick495
BasetradeTV162
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta22
• Letter1413
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2102
League of Legends
• Lourlo1047
• Rush566
Other Games
• Shiphtur322
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4h 50m
Patches Events
9h 50m
BSL Open Qualifier
13h 50m
BSL Open Qualifier
13h 50m
OSC
17h 50m
OSC
1d 6h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.