• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:44
CEST 00:44
KST 07:44
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War655.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
[Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Ziemie's Starcraft 1 Prequel Campaign Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12468 users

! [G] Forge FE wall-ins on popular maps. - Page 8

Forum Index > Brood War Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 14 Next All
Centric
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States1989 Posts
November 08 2008 08:30 GMT
#141
On November 08 2008 17:13 simon311A wrote:
Centric, on your 7 Chupung Ryeung, why not move the pylon and lower cannon down 1, then swap the forge and gate?

It isn't mine? But I agree...the forge and gate should be switched, otherwise it's not ling-safe.
Super serious.
RandomForeigner
Profile Joined November 2008
United States6 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-11-09 21:46:12
November 09 2008 21:44 GMT
#142
Katrina 12 o clock ez..
[image loading]
Nytefish
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United Kingdom4282 Posts
November 09 2008 21:55 GMT
#143
Tribunal instead of core?
No I'm never serious.
RandomForeigner
Profile Joined November 2008
United States6 Posts
November 09 2008 21:59 GMT
#144
no you build them from top to bottom... how could i make a tribunal?? kk??
Centric
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States1989 Posts
November 09 2008 23:30 GMT
#145
On November 10 2008 06:55 Nytefish wrote:
Tribunal instead of core?

It's a joke.
Super serious.
vAltyR
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States581 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-11-10 03:02:39
November 10 2008 02:54 GMT
#146
On November 08 2008 17:13 simon311A wrote:
vAltyR, on your 7 Chupung Ryeung, why not move the pylon and lower cannon down 1, then swap the forge and gate?


Fixed.

I think i tried that and it wasn't ling proof between the cliff and the gateway, but I will try it your way and see. Currently, the setup is ling-proof, but only if they probe is where it is in the picture. Otherwise, yeah, lings can get through.

EDIT: Just checked, and your idea has a hole between the cliff and the gateway. You could do it that way and put a probe to block if you wanted.
내 호버크라프트는 장어로 가득 차 있어요
Sauron
Profile Joined November 2008
Romania169 Posts
November 10 2008 03:23 GMT
#147
Hi guys I've been reading this site for a pretty long time and i decided to make an account today.

This thread really helped my PvZ. It's really important to know how to wall in properly in this matchup.One building placement mistake and the zerg can totally own your wall or your troops might get stuck and you get raped again
Soothsayer
Centric
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States1989 Posts
November 10 2008 03:48 GMT
#148
On November 10 2008 12:23 Sauron wrote:
Hi guys I've been reading this site for a pretty long time and i decided to make an account today.

This thread really helped my PvZ. It's really important to know how to wall in properly in this matchup.One building placement mistake and the zerg can totally own your wall or your troops might get stuck and you get raped again

Agreed...I've been trying to get my friend to read this thread for a long, long time but he never does and always gets owned by ling run-by's.
Super serious.
vAltyR
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States581 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-12-30 18:01:12
November 16 2008 01:25 GMT
#149
EDIT: Apparently my placements sucked, so I went through MSL vods and copied the progamers. Probes are there to block holes. Edited again after better placements were suggested.

Medusa
+ Show Spoiler [3 o'clock] +
[image loading]
Courtesy of Bisu

+ Show Spoiler [7 o'clock] +
[image loading]
Credit: Gnojfatelob

+ Show Spoiler [11 o'clock] +
[image loading]
Credit: Gnojfatelob
내 호버크라프트는 장어로 가득 차 있어요
Shauni
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
4077 Posts
November 16 2008 01:35 GMT
#150
vAltyR, that's some bad placement, both against massling and hydras... progamers usually wall further outside, at the chokepoint. Your 'walls' are way too wide.
I'm taking whatever coverage I can get, because frankly, I'm busy working on this million dollar deal at my job. Early retirement is a good thing brotha man. - MessengerASL
vAltyR
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States581 Posts
November 16 2008 04:41 GMT
#151
Thanks for pointing that out. I went back, looked over vods and fixed mine accordingly.

Do my other ones look good (Chupung-Ryeong, Destination, Byzantium)?
내 호버크라프트는 장어로 가득 차 있어요
vAltyR
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States581 Posts
November 17 2008 09:34 GMT
#152
I went back and double-checked the ones on Chupung-Ryeong and Destination, and they were actually really close to the pros except for my Chupung-Ryeong 7 o'clock. I feel mine is just as effective, however, since both ways have a hole that needs to be blocked by a probe. However, I'll probably change it at some point to the pro layout.

Anyways, since Athena II is MOTW this week, I figured I'd go ahead and work that one out. Let me know if you see any problems with these.

Athena II
+ Show Spoiler [2 o'clock] +
[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler [6 o'clock] +
[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler [10 o'clock] +
[image loading]


Also, I know people already have some setups for Andromeda, but I figured I'd add my contribution since I felt they could be improved. Let me know if you see any problems. Thanks to DarkRidley6 for helping me with the Andromeda layouts.

Andromeda
+ Show Spoiler [1 o'clock] +
[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler [5 o'clock] +
[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler [7 o'clock] +
[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler [11 o'clock] +
[image loading]
내 호버크라프트는 장어로 가득 차 있어요
SilverSkyLark
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Philippines8437 Posts
November 17 2008 11:13 GMT
#153
thanks on the ones on destination, I'll just need a good BO, hehe.
"If i lost an arm, I would play w3." -IntoTheWow || "Member of Hyuk Hyuk Hyuk cafe. He's the next Jaedong, baby!"
vAltyR
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States581 Posts
November 17 2008 11:32 GMT
#154
It usually goes pylon-forge-cannon-cannon-nexus-gateway. If you scout the zerg doing a 12-hatch, you can safely do a 14 nexus, though. If he does a pool before expanding, you should put down the forge and a cannon or two depending on how early the pool is (1 cannon for 12pool, 2 for 9pool/overpool).

I'm only D-, though, so I could be wrong. Anybody higher ranked want to help me out on this?
내 호버크라프트는 장어로 가득 차 있어요
SilverSkyLark
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Philippines8437 Posts
November 17 2008 13:21 GMT
#155
yeah, I got the part where he does 12 hatch..

8 pylon
10 forge
12 cannon
14 nexus

if its a 9 pool...
8 pylon
9/10 forge
then add 2 cannons
then add nexus....

bah, anyone with the specific build orders?
"If i lost an arm, I would play w3." -IntoTheWow || "Member of Hyuk Hyuk Hyuk cafe. He's the next Jaedong, baby!"
Nytefish
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United Kingdom4282 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-11-17 13:23:47
November 17 2008 13:21 GMT
#156
On November 10 2008 06:59 RandomForeigner wrote:
no you build them from top to bottom... how could i make a tribunal?? kk??


Well since you didn't make an assimilator I assumed the rules were somewhat bent already.

Thanks for the placements vAltyR.
But I always end up just winging it anyway.
No I'm never serious.
vAltyR
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States581 Posts
November 17 2008 15:34 GMT
#157
*shrugs* i'm sure someone will make use of them.
내 호버크라프트는 장어로 가득 차 있어요
CoL_Drake
Profile Joined March 2005
Germany455 Posts
December 08 2008 18:33 GMT
#158
any updates ? xD new maps plz xD
vAltyR
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States581 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-12-08 19:27:31
December 08 2008 19:20 GMT
#159
I have a couple more at home. do you have any maps in particular you want?

EDIT: i'm in class right now, will be home around 4 EST
내 호버크라프트는 장어로 가득 차 있어요
KwarK
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States44373 Posts
December 08 2008 19:21 GMT
#160
On November 17 2008 22:21 Infinity.SkyLark wrote:
yeah, I got the part where he does 12 hatch..

8 pylon
10 forge
12 cannon
14 nexus

if its a 9 pool...
8 pylon
9/10 forge
then add 2 cannons
then add nexus....

bah, anyone with the specific build orders?

There are no specific build orders. Vs scouted 12 hat 11 pool I often go 8p, 13n, 15g, 16p, 17f, 19a. You need to look at what they're doing and make only as many cannons as you absolutely need to.
This is a huge misunderstanding a lot of players have. If you try to follow a strict build order you'll get owned by either massdroning or allins. You need to adapt much more.
ModeratorThe angels have the phone box
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 14 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
ZZZero.O144
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 11291
Artosis 400
White-Ra 183
ZZZero.O 144
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm161
League of Legends
Doublelift4992
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4422
Other Games
summit1g9491
FrodaN2611
Liquid`RaSZi2001
C9.Mang0279
ToD269
Livibee197
Pyrionflax117
Maynarde64
Mew2King44
ArmadaUGS39
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1081
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 125
• musti20045 34
• HeavenSC 30
• Sammyuel 28
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1469
• Shiphtur643
• Scarra438
Upcoming Events
OSC
16m
Replay Cast
16m
OSC
13h 16m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 12h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.