• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:58
CEST 10:58
KST 17:58
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War615.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6711 users

! [G] Forge FE wall-ins on popular maps. - Page 7

Forum Index > Brood War Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 14 Next All
Centric
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States1989 Posts
August 17 2008 08:34 GMT
#121
I think you're talking about 7 o'clock right? I see what you mean Kwark. I should move the entire wall-in down 1. I'll change it later when I have time.
Super serious.
Return
Profile Joined June 2005
Ivory Coast859 Posts
August 19 2008 03:47 GMT
#122
great thread, just wanna add that the game you are reffering to(OP) is Kingdom vs July @ Korhal Ceres(correct name?) from WCG Korea quallis some years ago
Diiiscoo-oh, thats where the happy people go!
-orb-
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
United States5770 Posts
October 27 2008 21:25 GMT
#123
On April 26 2008 08:32 Liquid`NonY wrote:
i put my othello formations up at iccup here: http://sc.iccup.com/iccalbum/203/

i think all of mine are better than geno's.

problems with geno's:
5:00 lings break through probes, run behind minerals never getting hit by cannons. too many get through

1:00 the two cannons don't support each other. too wide open. lings kill the bottom cannon and run behind minerals. the SS of mine is incorrect. the top left cannon should be one matrix to the right so it supports the blocking probes better. it can still cover the neutral building from that position

10:00 again just cannon placement. mine has both cannons supporting the blocking probes better and it also has one cannon that'll kill lings trying to run behind minerals

7:00 geno didn't give 7 but mine is a little weird. this position sucks. basically you block with probes between nex and gate and you block your ramp. zerg can kill the top left cannon, but the other is still in good position. it can cover everything, including your ramp. it's likely he'll die trying to get up your ramp rather than attack the top left cannon anyway

remember you can kill the neutral buildings later to let your units come out easier


NonY I really like your 1, 10, and 7 o clock FE layouts, but at the 5 oclock one wouldn't you need 4 or 5 probes to cover? There's the gaping hole between the cannon and the neutral building, there's the hole between the cannon and pylon, and there's a hole between the pylon and gateway. Is your screenshot wrong? Or am I reading it wrong or something?

Othello is motw this week so I need to get these FE's right lol.

I just started a game without learning them first to wing it, and found when I went to build my nexus that my gateway was slightly in the way and immediately alt>QQ'd lol....
'life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery'
how sad that sc2 has no shield battery :(
Naib
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Hungary4952 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-10-27 21:52:30
October 27 2008 21:52 GMT
#124
On October 28 2008 06:25 -orb- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 26 2008 08:32 Liquid`NonY wrote:
i put my othello formations up at iccup here: http://sc.iccup.com/iccalbum/203/

i think all of mine are better than geno's.

problems with geno's:
5:00 lings break through probes, run behind minerals never getting hit by cannons. too many get through

1:00 the two cannons don't support each other. too wide open. lings kill the bottom cannon and run behind minerals. the SS of mine is incorrect. the top left cannon should be one matrix to the right so it supports the blocking probes better. it can still cover the neutral building from that position

10:00 again just cannon placement. mine has both cannons supporting the blocking probes better and it also has one cannon that'll kill lings trying to run behind minerals

7:00 geno didn't give 7 but mine is a little weird. this position sucks. basically you block with probes between nex and gate and you block your ramp. zerg can kill the top left cannon, but the other is still in good position. it can cover everything, including your ramp. it's likely he'll die trying to get up your ramp rather than attack the top left cannon anyway

remember you can kill the neutral buildings later to let your units come out easier


NonY I really like your 1, 10, and 7 o clock FE layouts, but at the 5 oclock one wouldn't you need 4 or 5 probes to cover? There's the gaping hole between the cannon and the neutral building, there's the hole between the cannon and pylon, and there's a hole between the pylon and gateway. Is your screenshot wrong? Or am I reading it wrong or something?

Othello is motw this week so I need to get these FE's right lol.

I just started a game without learning them first to wing it, and found when I went to build my nexus that my gateway was slightly in the way and immediately alt>QQ'd lol....


They can't pass under your forge there, but yes, 5 is the hardest to block properly. You need like 3-4 probes still, even if you count that in. I tried a lot of different setups at Othello 5...I must go to sleep now (early class), but should I forget to add my pictures (WCG practice) to this thread in an effort to contribute, someone could be kind and remind me . They're the "old" WCG mappack maps (Troy, Blue Storm - covered here - , Othello, Andromeda), all starting position naturals.

Edit: a justified bump imo, this topic is pretty resourceful.
Complete the cycle!
-orb-
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
United States5770 Posts
October 27 2008 23:00 GMT
#125
On October 28 2008 06:52 Naib wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 28 2008 06:25 -orb- wrote:
On April 26 2008 08:32 Liquid`NonY wrote:
i put my othello formations up at iccup here: http://sc.iccup.com/iccalbum/203/

i think all of mine are better than geno's.

problems with geno's:
5:00 lings break through probes, run behind minerals never getting hit by cannons. too many get through

1:00 the two cannons don't support each other. too wide open. lings kill the bottom cannon and run behind minerals. the SS of mine is incorrect. the top left cannon should be one matrix to the right so it supports the blocking probes better. it can still cover the neutral building from that position

10:00 again just cannon placement. mine has both cannons supporting the blocking probes better and it also has one cannon that'll kill lings trying to run behind minerals

7:00 geno didn't give 7 but mine is a little weird. this position sucks. basically you block with probes between nex and gate and you block your ramp. zerg can kill the top left cannon, but the other is still in good position. it can cover everything, including your ramp. it's likely he'll die trying to get up your ramp rather than attack the top left cannon anyway

remember you can kill the neutral buildings later to let your units come out easier


NonY I really like your 1, 10, and 7 o clock FE layouts, but at the 5 oclock one wouldn't you need 4 or 5 probes to cover? There's the gaping hole between the cannon and the neutral building, there's the hole between the cannon and pylon, and there's a hole between the pylon and gateway. Is your screenshot wrong? Or am I reading it wrong or something?

Othello is motw this week so I need to get these FE's right lol.

I just started a game without learning them first to wing it, and found when I went to build my nexus that my gateway was slightly in the way and immediately alt>QQ'd lol....


They can't pass under your forge there, but yes, 5 is the hardest to block properly. You need like 3-4 probes still, even if you count that in. I tried a lot of different setups at Othello 5...I must go to sleep now (early class), but should I forget to add my pictures (WCG practice) to this thread in an effort to contribute, someone could be kind and remind me . They're the "old" WCG mappack maps (Troy, Blue Storm - covered here - , Othello, Andromeda), all starting position naturals.

Edit: a justified bump imo, this topic is pretty resourceful.


I actually made one just now that only needs 3, but all these stupid pcx converters cost money and the cracks are terrible.

I'll get it converted some time later and post it to see what u guys think
'life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery'
how sad that sc2 has no shield battery :(
aaro
Profile Joined December 2006
United States228 Posts
October 28 2008 05:34 GMT
#126
Might as use this thread since the question is similar.

Does anyone know how to wall for T on Python's 3 and 9 position?
Your drill is one that shall pierce through the heavens!
Centric
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States1989 Posts
October 28 2008 05:43 GMT
#127
On October 28 2008 14:34 aaro wrote:
Might as use this thread since the question is similar.

Does anyone know how to wall for T on Python's 3 and 9 position?

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=73364

Did you even try using search? It also should be in the recommended threads for the Strategy forum.
Super serious.
Naib
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Hungary4952 Posts
October 28 2008 23:22 GMT
#128
On October 28 2008 08:00 -orb- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 28 2008 06:52 Naib wrote:
On October 28 2008 06:25 -orb- wrote:
On April 26 2008 08:32 Liquid`NonY wrote:
i put my othello formations up at iccup here: http://sc.iccup.com/iccalbum/203/

i think all of mine are better than geno's.

problems with geno's:
5:00 lings break through probes, run behind minerals never getting hit by cannons. too many get through

1:00 the two cannons don't support each other. too wide open. lings kill the bottom cannon and run behind minerals. the SS of mine is incorrect. the top left cannon should be one matrix to the right so it supports the blocking probes better. it can still cover the neutral building from that position

10:00 again just cannon placement. mine has both cannons supporting the blocking probes better and it also has one cannon that'll kill lings trying to run behind minerals

7:00 geno didn't give 7 but mine is a little weird. this position sucks. basically you block with probes between nex and gate and you block your ramp. zerg can kill the top left cannon, but the other is still in good position. it can cover everything, including your ramp. it's likely he'll die trying to get up your ramp rather than attack the top left cannon anyway

remember you can kill the neutral buildings later to let your units come out easier


NonY I really like your 1, 10, and 7 o clock FE layouts, but at the 5 oclock one wouldn't you need 4 or 5 probes to cover? There's the gaping hole between the cannon and the neutral building, there's the hole between the cannon and pylon, and there's a hole between the pylon and gateway. Is your screenshot wrong? Or am I reading it wrong or something?

Othello is motw this week so I need to get these FE's right lol.

I just started a game without learning them first to wing it, and found when I went to build my nexus that my gateway was slightly in the way and immediately alt>QQ'd lol....


They can't pass under your forge there, but yes, 5 is the hardest to block properly. You need like 3-4 probes still, even if you count that in. I tried a lot of different setups at Othello 5...I must go to sleep now (early class), but should I forget to add my pictures (WCG practice) to this thread in an effort to contribute, someone could be kind and remind me . They're the "old" WCG mappack maps (Troy, Blue Storm - covered here - , Othello, Andromeda), all starting position naturals.

Edit: a justified bump imo, this topic is pretty resourceful.


I actually made one just now that only needs 3, but all these stupid pcx converters cost money and the cracks are terrible.

I'll get it converted some time later and post it to see what u guys think


Just google Irfanview, that should solve all the easy image convertion tasks you should ever encounter. Hell, I use it to some semi-advanced stuff over Photoshop because it's way more convenient for me.

Oh and please hold me on to my promise...damn busy days lately. Maybe 2 days from now on. Or Friday. Gah
Complete the cycle!
LemOn
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
United Kingdom8629 Posts
October 28 2008 23:39 GMT
#129
Can somebody update the recent maps into the guide?
Much is the father figure that I miss in my life. Go Daddy! DoC.LemOn, LemOn[5thF]
Axieoqu
Profile Joined October 2005
Finland204 Posts
November 05 2008 14:07 GMT
#130
Updates would be greatly appreciated. I'm having problems especially with Chupung Ryeong and it's tricky natural.
goatrope
Profile Joined March 2008
Canada41 Posts
November 05 2008 20:38 GMT
#131
On November 05 2008 23:07 Axieoqu wrote:
Updates would be greatly appreciated. I'm having problems especially with Chupung Ryeong and it's tricky natural.


I've been doing some for recent maps which I've put here. Every one of these (so far) is copied directly from a progamer vod, though some of them aren't that great. The Chupung one doesn't really cover the back entrance, but I've found putting a probe or a pylon down that path will give you enough warning to lings sneaking behind that you can pull probes with time to spare. As always, experiment a bit.

On another note: I was planning on doing the rest of the maps and compiling them for myself, but I noticed that this thread's OP hasn't been updated since 2007. Would there be interest in a new thread? I've got the time and wouldn't mind keeping it updated.
GearitUP
Profile Joined November 2008
United States337 Posts
November 07 2008 15:44 GMT
#132
Awesome Thread definatly helped me :D thanks
Own<Owned<Ownt<Pwn<Pwned<PwnT< YOU NEWB!
vAltyR
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States581 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-11-07 21:00:40
November 07 2008 16:51 GMT
#133
I think the Blue Storm layouts could be improved. Here's what I came up with:

Blue Storm
+ Show Spoiler [1 o'clock] +
[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler [7 o'clock] +
[image loading]


The selected cannon should be built first. Pick between one of the other two, I couldn't decide which would be better. I think the cannons are a little more protected in this setup and the runby distance is a little longer.

edit: format to match my byzantium post.
내 호버크라프트는 장어로 가득 차 있어요
-orb-
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
United States5770 Posts
November 07 2008 18:48 GMT
#134
Hey guys I redid the othello 5 wall-in and took a screenshot.

Here's what I did, it requires 3 probes to block effectively:

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Oh now that I see that that probe on the right blocks that spot, I realize that nony's screenshot blocks it if you have the probe high enough (aka where it is in his screenshot), that's fantastic I hadn't realized that before.
'life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery'
how sad that sc2 has no shield battery :(
Centric
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States1989 Posts
November 07 2008 19:16 GMT
#135
On November 08 2008 01:51 vAltyR wrote:
I think the Blue Storm layouts could be improved. Here's what I came up with:

+ Show Spoiler [Blue Storm, 1] +
[image loading]


+ Show Spoiler [Blue Storm, 7] +
[image loading]


The selected cannon should be built first. Pick between one of the other two, I couldn't decide which would be better. I think the cannons are a little more protected in this setup and the runby distance is a little longer.

I think in both cases the cannon closer to the mineral line should be build second, since it covers your probes as they're mining. I think your pylons both block gas miners, but I could be wrong.
Super serious.
vAltyR
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States581 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-11-07 20:25:14
November 07 2008 19:16 GMT
#136
Someone asked about Chupung-Ryeong, here's what I got:

Chupung-Ryeong
+ Show Spoiler [1 o'clock] +
[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler [7 o'clock] +
[image loading]


They are essentially mirrors. At 7, the probe must be there or lings will get through the forge and gateway. Just tell it to move to the forge from below and it should go there. 1 o'clock is lingproof. they have to run all the way around the gateway and between the two cannons to get to your base.

The cannons by the nexi just *barely* cover far minerals. they should be fine, unless your probe decides to mine on the other side of the patch.
내 호버크라프트는 장어로 가득 차 있어요
vAltyR
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States581 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-11-07 19:19:39
November 07 2008 19:18 GMT
#137
On November 08 2008 04:16 Centric wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 08 2008 01:51 vAltyR wrote:
I think the Blue Storm layouts could be improved. Here's what I came up with:

+ Show Spoiler [Blue Storm, 1] +
[image loading]


+ Show Spoiler [Blue Storm, 7] +
[image loading]


The selected cannon should be built first. Pick between one of the other two, I couldn't decide which would be better. I think the cannons are a little more protected in this setup and the runby distance is a little longer.

I think in both cases the cannon closer to the mineral line should be build second, since it covers your probes as they're mining. I think your pylons both block gas miners, but I could be wrong.

*shrugs* I just figured that one should be built first because i was certain it should go there. I guess it's more of a judgement call. And I checked to make sure the gas wasn't blocked.

EDIT: I'll work on some of the more recent maps to see what I can come up with. I'll post them as I finish them.
내 호버크라프트는 장어로 가득 차 있어요
vAltyR
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States581 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-11-07 21:23:24
November 07 2008 20:22 GMT
#138
Finished with Byzantium II.

Byzantium 2
+ Show Spoiler [1 o'clock] +
[image loading]
Between the cliff and the gateway is a one-way path for lings. They can go out, but for the runby, they can't get through.

+ Show Spoiler [4 o'clock] +
[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler [7 o'clock] +
[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler [11 o'clock] +
[image loading]


EDIT: Instead of quadruple-posting, I'll just edit this one until someone comments.

Destination
+ Show Spoiler [12 o'clock] +
[image loading]
Probe is required or else lings will get through.

+ Show Spoiler [6 o'clock] +
[image loading]
Probe is there to prevent lings from going between the pylon and gateway. Not needed, but perhaps useful.

NOTE: gas is not covered with either of these layouts. Improvements are definitely welcomed.

Medusa coming next.
내 호버크라프트는 장어로 가득 차 있어요
GearitUP
Profile Joined November 2008
United States337 Posts
November 08 2008 05:44 GMT
#139
Ah wow I was doing the 7 o clock Chupung-Ryeung Wall so wrong Thanks !
Own<Owned<Ownt<Pwn<Pwned<PwnT< YOU NEWB!
simon311A
Profile Joined October 2008
United States29 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-11-08 08:13:21
November 08 2008 08:13 GMT
#140
Centric, on your 7 Chupung Ryeung, why not move the pylon and lower cannon down 1, then swap the forge and gate?
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 14 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 2m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4138
Leta 2815
Soulkey 546
Soma 338
Rush 217
Barracks 153
Killer 61
Shine 34
Shinee 34
Hm[arnc] 25
[ Show more ]
Sharp 14
Dota 2
Gorgc1405
XcaliburYe195
League of Legends
JimRising 519
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King75
Other Games
gofns4916
WinterStarcraft705
Sick205
Pyrionflax137
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV221
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 5
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Sammyuel 40
• 3DClanTV 34
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2265
League of Legends
• Jankos2274
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1h 2m
Patches Events
6h 2m
BSL Open Qualifier
10h 2m
BSL Open Qualifier
10h 2m
OSC
14h 2m
OSC
1d 3h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.