• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:02
CEST 17:02
KST 00:02
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9820 users

Gundam Push VS Reaver and/or DT Drop - Page 5

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All
STIMEY d okgm fish
Profile Joined August 2003
Canada6140 Posts
November 19 2003 06:18 GMT
#81
if u gundaming u need to recognize when to stop trying to gundam, i would think protoss cant completely fool u , i mean come on, he blocking ramp with a zeal or goon so u like.. uh.. gundam him. and then the drop comes.. and .. gee i guess it is a problem after all

shit. duno man. rax float wouldnt get there in time. hm. dt should be fine, but reav? i would say.. uh. run away.. a lot. dont lose any tank or scv.. ya.! and then magically u can hold ur line and get turrets up after u got a few. well but thats still gg for toss i guess. well it could be a fair fight i guess, cuz u could like.. end up ahead, expo vs expo, which is t>p, if you play it safe and recover/minimize dmg from the drop's advantage.
FreeZEternal
Profile Joined January 2003
Korea (South)3396 Posts
November 19 2003 06:29 GMT
#82
I don't know man. After terran loses like 8+ scv in a drop, toss users usually go for 2 nexus because every toss in the world should know that any terran user will play safetly and try to recover his economy and go to defense. But ppl would say, just mass out and rape the two nexus when the toss user doens't expect it. But, the toss user should have ob in the terran main by then, so he/she has to decide wether or not it is a good idea to double expand. However, if the terran indeed masses out and attack and the toss knows about it and stop that big attack, it is almost a gg cuz toss would be much ahead in economy and expansion. It is all about thinking, timming and speed.
STIMEY d okgm fish
Profile Joined August 2003
Canada6140 Posts
November 19 2003 06:31 GMT
#83
well thats just it, u cant b all up losing 8 scvs and shit, altho i would say most likely you will.. not 95% that you will tho.. once you know hes not budging from his choke you can increase your chance of spotting a shuttle and saving your scvs and tanks.. but ya.. odds are against you at that point
BigBalls
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
United States5354 Posts
November 19 2003 06:33 GMT
#84
i really dont feel like reading through 5 pages of this stuff, so Ill just say my mind.


if you see something other than 1 gate goon, range, then robo, dont gundam rush him. Or if you do, make sure you are defending for other things. If you see 1 gate goon, range, then robo, gundam will push him back into his main for a while, if not win the game, and you can expo easily then mass.

However, if he is going reaver or dt, you dont have to rush. I dont know if you guys got the memo or not, but there is something called adaptation. You make some mines at your mins, a bunch at your ramp, get an ebay, get a few turrets, expo, then do your mass/turtle dropping garbage.

Dont put all your eggs in one basket
if you guys could use google and post direct links to the maphacks here it would be greatly appreciated. - Nazgul
Rekrul
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
Korea (South)17174 Posts
November 19 2003 06:34 GMT
#85
On November 19 2003 15:07 ObsoleteLogic wrote:
Eri - Ever heard of modesty? And actually, the whole APM thing comes as a distraction to me; if I think about it in the slightest, I end up mashing keys and not thinking. Pavlovian reaction, almost. Terribly sad.

The three people I have played and lost to on this forum (in this discussion at least), are HovZ (which was a game I could have won, but didn't play that well), Travis (which was back in... January, I believe), and ilnp (also in January).

There are several people involved in this discussion whom I have beaten. I won't name names. Needless to say, many of you aren't even close to qualified to comment on how good or bad I am.

So kindly shut up.


so?
why so 진지해?
BigBalls
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
United States5354 Posts
November 19 2003 06:35 GMT
#86
On November 19 2003 15:33 BigBalls wrote:
i really dont feel like reading through 5 pages of this stuff, so Ill just say my opinion.


if you see something other than 1 gate goon, range, then robo, dont gundam rush him. Or if you do, make sure you are defending for other things. If you see 1 gate goon, range, then robo, gundam will push him back into his main for a while, if not win the game, and you can expo easily then mass.

However, if he is going reaver or dt, you dont have to rush. I dont know if you guys got the memo or not, but there is something called adaptation. You make some mines at your mins, a bunch at your ramp, get an ebay, get a few turrets, expo, then do your mass/turtle dropping garbage.

Dont put all your eggs in one basket

P.S. I think this is the strongest build, because its possible avenues can counter effectively almost every p opening.
if you guys could use google and post direct links to the maphacks here it would be greatly appreciated. - Nazgul
FreeZEternal
Profile Joined January 2003
Korea (South)3396 Posts
November 19 2003 06:47 GMT
#87
What I love about terrans going to defense is that:
They will either be massing like mofos, or they will try to expand as quickly as possible. If you go one gate, robo then reaver and notice that the terran is going somehow defensively, don't drop your reaver, just look what he is doing. If you know you can drop your reaver and not lose it, you can try it. So, if he is massing, toss usually should go three gateway and mass out too. If he expands, make a nexus in your nat, and another nexus in the island(assuming it is lotem) with your reaver and a zeal or dragoon, and outmacro him.Remember to not attack without thinking, cuz you could lose too many units and the terran would just have to unseiege all his tank and go to your main to either push or attack and rape you -_-;;. Damn, I think I have been playing to much toss(about 9000 games online -_-). gg
x[ReaPeR]x
Profile Joined February 2003
United States3447 Posts
November 19 2003 06:50 GMT
#88
I like McNasty's explanation the best. Thanks man.
ILoveOOv ownZ everyone!!! ~ Lamer List: Mynock, naventus
Liquid`Ret
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
Netherlands4534 Posts
November 19 2003 06:50 GMT
#89
ddangg[gm] does gundam push every game into mass vults and he never loses a tvp game!
Team Liquid
BigBalls
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
United States5354 Posts
November 19 2003 06:54 GMT
#90
wow i suck ass at edit/quote :[
if you guys could use google and post direct links to the maphacks here it would be greatly appreciated. - Nazgul
Liquid`Jinro
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Sweden33719 Posts
November 19 2003 07:04 GMT
#91
On November 19 2003 15:07 ObsoleteLogic wrote:
Eri - Ever heard of modesty? And actually, the whole APM thing comes as a distraction to me; if I think about it in the slightest, I end up mashing keys and not thinking. Pavlovian reaction, almost. Terribly sad.

The three people I have played and lost to on this forum (in this discussion at least), are HovZ (which was a game I could have won, but didn't play that well), Travis (which was back in... January, I believe), and ilnp (also in January).

There are several people involved in this discussion whom I have beaten. I won't name names. Needless to say, many of you aren't even close to qualified to comment on how good or bad I am.

So kindly shut up.

Add me to 'have lost to people on this forum'
Btw, that game you died to reaver dt oO;
Moderatortell the guy that interplanatar interaction is pivotal to terrans variety of optionitudals in the pre-midgame preperatories as well as the protosstinal deterriggation of elite zergling strikes - Stimey n | Formerly FrozenArbiter
FreeZEternal
Profile Joined January 2003
Korea (South)3396 Posts
November 19 2003 07:12 GMT
#92
heheh..there should be a channel where ppl from this forum can meet and play each other.
-_-
Profile Blog Joined November 2003
United States7081 Posts
November 19 2003 07:15 GMT
#93
I considered making a new topic to write this, but decided against it.
Obselete Logic, Starcraft is a deep game, and It's good to have understanding of the game, but massing plus basic strategy reading knowledge > gosu strategy reading with bad massing. Hovz, Gundam is used constantly in Korea PVT, this is of course not on pro level, but on hyo- level . I, personally, don't care whether gundam rush is bad vs some drops, but I do care what is the basic build to counter it. One gate obs can pull it off, but what is a safe build? *Please give me BO to stop Gundam dead in tracks besides a drop* I've Heard that double gate before obs works, but couldn't a T then drop Spider mines at expo, that is of course countered by putting goons at choke, but couldn't he retreat, drop mines, then build bunker and finish siege, if this is the correct course then how should you break this, drop flank?
Liquid`Drone
Profile Joined September 2002
Norway28899 Posts
November 19 2003 07:21 GMT
#94
hey freezeternal

if you kill 8 scvs there's no point in dual expanding as your economy will be much better from just expanding once..

:D

and obsoletelogic I honestly don't understand what about my post was "arrogant" or in any other way "not modest", or if that "ever heard of modesty" was referring to something else.

I mean I can act arrogant, normally on purpose, but I can't understand why you'd say "ever heard of modesty" as a reply to my post. (my apm isn't close to 80. )
Moderator
FreeZEternal
Profile Joined January 2003
Korea (South)3396 Posts
November 19 2003 07:21 GMT
#95
You can go double gate before ob. Wait the terran in front of his base and when he/she starts to come out, control your goon and start to do a move and attack to kill scvs first. While doing this, you have to be keep producing units in your base(remember to hotkey gate). Don't worry about mines, kill the scv first cuz you can make ob in your main while producing goons. gg
BigBalls
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
United States5354 Posts
November 19 2003 07:22 GMT
#96
go 2 gate before robo. mass goon, make robo around 30 psi.

keep a probe outside his base, keep 3 goons in your main for drops, and the rest outside, if you see him leave, set up a flank as fast as you can, and get the obs out quick. the obs should be finishing when he starts attacking you.

you should have 8-9 goons, he should have 3 tanks 4 rines 2 vults 2 scv. if you can micro out of mines, you should stop it.
if you guys could use google and post direct links to the maphacks here it would be greatly appreciated. - Nazgul
FreeZEternal
Profile Joined January 2003
Korea (South)3396 Posts
November 19 2003 07:23 GMT
#97
On November 19 2003 16:21 Liquid`Drone wrote:
hey freezeternal

if you kill 8 scvs there's no point in dual expanding as your economy will be much better from just expanding once..

:D

and obsoletelogic I honestly don't understand what about my post was "arrogant" or in any other way "not modest", or if that "ever heard of modesty" was referring to something else.

I mean I can act arrogant, normally on purpose, but I can't understand why you'd say "ever heard of modesty" as a reply to my post. (my apm isn't close to 80. )


heheh..but it is fun to crush him badly with 200 units in 15 min -_-;;
BigBalls
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
United States5354 Posts
November 19 2003 07:46 GMT
#98
On November 19 2003 16:23 FreeZEternal wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 19 2003 16:21 Liquid`Drone wrote:
hey freezeternal

if you kill 8 scvs there's no point in dual expanding as your economy will be much better from just expanding once..

:D

and obsoletelogic I honestly don't understand what about my post was "arrogant" or in any other way "not modest", or if that "ever heard of modesty" was referring to something else.

I mean I can act arrogant, normally on purpose, but I can't understand why you'd say "ever heard of modesty" as a reply to my post. (my apm isn't close to 80. )


heheh..but it is fun to crush him badly with 200 units in 15 min -_-;;


its also fun to lose to a desperation push because you overextended yourself.
if you guys could use google and post direct links to the maphacks here it would be greatly appreciated. - Nazgul
ObsoleteLogic
Profile Joined February 2003
United States3676 Posts
November 19 2003 07:48 GMT
#99
FA I don't ever remember playing you, sorry if we did.

Eri I was referring to myself. I could go and brag about the people I've beaten, say I'm good, but I don't.
sMi.Silent // Siz)Silent
FreeZEternal
Profile Joined January 2003
Korea (South)3396 Posts
November 19 2003 07:56 GMT
#100
On November 19 2003 16:46 BigBalls wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 19 2003 16:23 FreeZEternal wrote:
On November 19 2003 16:21 Liquid`Drone wrote:
hey freezeternal

if you kill 8 scvs there's no point in dual expanding as your economy will be much better from just expanding once..

:D

and obsoletelogic I honestly don't understand what about my post was "arrogant" or in any other way "not modest", or if that "ever heard of modesty" was referring to something else.

I mean I can act arrogant, normally on purpose, but I can't understand why you'd say "ever heard of modesty" as a reply to my post. (my apm isn't close to 80. )


heheh..but it is fun to crush him badly with 200 units in 15 min -_-;;


its also fun to lose to a desperation push because you overextended yourself.


Yeap..happenned to me several times...but learned from my mistakes so I know when to overextend myself or not...gg
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 1
IntoTheiNu 683
ComeBackTV 493
SteadfastSC393
Rex123
CosmosSc2 53
EnkiAlexander 41
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 357
Rex 135
ProTech132
CosmosSc2 55
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 47426
Jaedong 1276
Hyuk 908
Soma 845
Mini 630
BeSt 571
Horang2 568
Soulkey 431
EffOrt 427
Larva 391
[ Show more ]
Stork 326
ZerO 325
Last 265
Snow 255
ggaemo 253
Rush 222
Killer 78
hero 76
Mind 62
Free 53
Shinee 38
sorry 35
Shine 30
Sharp 30
ToSsGirL 23
Bale 22
Terrorterran 22
Trap 17
yabsab 17
HiyA 15
Rock 12
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
Gorgc8192
qojqva1183
Dendi767
Counter-Strike
Fnx 707
x6flipin248
markeloff116
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes2294
Khaldor1935
Other Games
ArmadaUGS2955
singsing2134
olofmeister1332
hiko925
B2W.Neo869
byalli409
Liquid`VortiX179
KnowMe112
Mew2King86
QueenE78
Railgan17
Trikslyr17
ZerO(Twitch)15
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream107
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
• mYiSmile10
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 2132
League of Legends
• Nemesis1811
• Jankos1280
• TFBlade817
Other Games
• Shiphtur302
• WagamamaTV200
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
18h 59m
OSC
21h 59m
Stellar Fest
21h 59m
OSC
1d 8h
Stellar Fest
1d 21h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.