• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:34
CEST 14:34
KST 21:34
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)65Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2314
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 13623 users

Protoss imbalance has gone TOO FAR. - Page 15

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 13 14 15 16 17 26 Next All
Hyperionnn
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Turkey4968 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-08-23 06:43:39
August 23 2008 06:42 GMT
#281
On August 23 2008 15:41 Skittled wrote:
Gaetele quit being such a whiner. post your iccup id so everyone can see which D- protoss destroyed you. Im a D+ terran, and honestly, i can beat D- protoss using zerg as my offrace. you are probably D+ / C- level, son. give it a few weeks, those imba D- protoss will drop your rank so fast.


I'm really laughing out loud, really.

On August 23 2008 15:36 Chill wrote:
More stuff:
Someone from Ireland solved what we were doing on page 3 but I had to delete it. (sorry I forget your ID!)
XCetron also solved it but I edited his post to cover it up. I forget what page that was on.


Mod abuse power yo
Skittled
Profile Joined July 2007
United States160 Posts
August 23 2008 06:50 GMT
#282
On August 23 2008 15:42 Hyperionnn wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 23 2008 15:41 Skittled wrote:
Gaetele quit being such a whiner. post your iccup id so everyone can see which D- protoss destroyed you. Im a D+ terran, and honestly, i can beat D- protoss using zerg as my offrace. you are probably D+ / C- level, son. give it a few weeks, those imba D- protoss will drop your rank so fast.


I'm really laughing out loud, really.



you a joke so it's pretty funny, i agree.
Nightmarjoo
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
United States3360 Posts
August 23 2008 06:53 GMT
#283
This thread nearly made me cry, it was so beautiful. I knew something was amuck when not only was the thread not closed, but Chill responded without being rude and mean, entirely uncharacteristic.
aka Lyra; My favourites: July, Stork, Draco, MistrZZZ, TheStc, LastShadow - www.broodwarmaps.net - for all your mapping needs; check my stream: high masters mech terran: twitch.tv/lyrathegreat
DukE_ss
Profile Joined June 2007
United States689 Posts
August 23 2008 07:03 GMT
#284
I would have never guessed the point of this thread. T.t. Damn gay IE. Wish my parents used FF.
“When we seek to discover the best in others, we somehow bring out the best in ourselves.” William Arthur Ward "You are what you think, You become what you think, What you think becomes reality." Phil Hellmuth
Hyperionnn
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Turkey4968 Posts
August 23 2008 08:14 GMT
#285
On August 23 2008 05:44 Chill wrote:
Show nested quote +
Open this thread in Mozilla Firefox, and there before you, at the first of every new line, shall appear a glorious mesasge.


I realized this just now, i suck.
D9
Profile Joined August 2008
Czech Republic1 Post
August 23 2008 09:51 GMT
#286
Guys, you are crazy... yes, protoss is a little bit imba at all gaming levels, that is not discutable (Shinhan Proleague statistics say everything, then PvP final on WCG, etc.)... but talking about P>>>Z? are you idiot? zerg can only mass hydralisks and protoss has a problem especially on D/C ranks...
sundance
Profile Blog Joined May 2004
Slovakia3201 Posts
August 23 2008 10:24 GMT
#287
On August 23 2008 18:51 D9 wrote:
Guys, you are crazy... yes, protoss is a little bit imba at all gaming levels, that is not discutable (Shinhan Proleague statistics say everything, then PvP final on WCG, etc.)... but talking about P>>>Z? are you idiot? zerg can only mass hydralisks and protoss has a problem especially on D/C ranks...


L^O^L G-_-G
Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds
IntoTheWow
Profile Blog Joined May 2004
is awesome32282 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-08-23 10:36:12
August 23 2008 10:27 GMT
#288
On August 23 2008 15:41 EvilTeletubby wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 23 2008 15:36 Chill wrote:
Haha, notice how ITW took two pages before he posted? Me and Gaetele were giving him so much shit "HURRY UP" and he was choking under the pressure

DoctorHelvetica also posted a line, but unfortunately didn't tell any of us so we had to delete it. It was also terrible and just used line breaks to make everything line up.


I'm not surprised by ITW being epic fail.
























Moderator<:3-/-<
Slayer91
Profile Joined February 2006
Ireland23442 Posts
August 23 2008 10:42 GMT
#289
On August 23 2008 15:36 Chill wrote:
Haha, notice how ITW took two pages before he posted? Me and Gaetele were giving him so much shit "HURRY UP" and he was choking under the pressure

DoctorHelvetica also posted a line, but unfortunately didn't tell any of us so we had to delete it. It was also terrible and just used line breaks to make everything line up.

More stuff:
Someone from Ireland solved what we were doing on page 3 but I had to delete it. (sorry I forget your ID!)
XCetron also solved it but I edited his post to cover it up. I forget what page that was on.


Yo!

I read some other threads after that post and then I went "OH @!^% knowing TL this will be an epic thread I better edit it to make it more subtle" and then I realized you deleted it. I would have probably made it too obvious anyway.
deathgodtoss
Profile Joined July 2008
Korea (North)189 Posts
August 23 2008 10:43 GMT
#290
On August 23 2008 05:17 Gaetele wrote:
I think you guys have lost the point of this thread - the balance. The point of conversation has been pulled far too thin among all the flame wars, especially to me. I don't know what you posters are getting up to, but I will stand firm on my stance. Protoss imba, nerf plz.

To many others, it may seem like I'm trolling, but I assure you, I'm dead serious. This stupid race is the one thing that has gotten me truly angry about this game. I have played your pubs. I have played in house games as well, clan wars etc. I'm not horrible, but you guys think I am without warrant.

About 80% of you think I'm totally retarded, and all I have to say is **** you. Go run around with your seven million HP Zealots or whatever because you're all stupid Protoss scum. You're probably gaming or masturbating while posting because your race is just that damn easy. "Durf hurr, build the Pylon at 8, make Gateway, win hurf durr." Good job. You hit one of the 5 buttons on the keyboard that aren't 'a' and you must feel so accomplished about yourself.

I don't see how some of you people are so blind. Maybe you're just fine with not having any skill. You're yelled at by your parents and friends and you don't care because you like how easy you have it. Have to have it the easy way, don't you? I can hit 1a2a3a too but I decide not to because I want a challenge.

The upbringing you must have had is great too. Probably rich and spoiled just like the Protoss are. Cabbie to drive you home and back from school or whatever, nose turned up in the air. People scream "Yo! You dropped your watch!" but it's ok, you can just buy a new one.

Home's probably a great place too. You don't have any chores or anything - your maid's got that. If the smell in your house isn't perfect then you can just find a new one, right?

You Protoss players and blind non-Protoss players are retarded and disgust me. When SC2 comes later and you all lose like I do, you'll come whining to me and I'll just flip you off.


people have been banned for less than this stupidity.

you cry that these low apm protosses own your ass. i point you to kwark, legionaiire and others with lower apm (prolly cuz they dont spam like you all game on useless clicks).

you cry about how their corsairs own your scourge, archons own your zerglings. seriously, who would have thunk that clumped corsairs really are good against low hp scourges???? i never would have imagined. or mass archons owning 35 hp lings?????

comon, get real and post your iccup id and a replay so you can actually prove to us how you played at a C level losing to a D- protoss. instead of spouting bullshit for 14 pages on this thread, back up your words with some actions.

hell im a protoss player but i would more than willing play z v p against u (me zerg) just to prove a point that it is about the skill level of the player rather than crying imba

but like others said, this topic must be a joke and the goal of it is to troll and increase your post counts through flame wars.
god is about as useful as a protoss scout
mIsUZu
Profile Joined August 2008
New Zealand528 Posts
August 23 2008 11:59 GMT
#291
hi.

i enjoy bacon and eggs for breakfast.

i also enjoy icy cold coke running down my throat.

now you're a zerg user complaining about protoss imbal??

... no. i don't think so. no.
Why So Serious?!
[X]Ken_D
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
United States4653 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-08-23 12:52:06
August 23 2008 12:27 GMT
#292
On August 23 2008 02:28 Gaetele wrote:
Now I'm tired of losing to stupid D- Protosses on iCCup. I'm a level C Zerg, dammit.


I don't play zerg, but maybe your ZvT or ZvT is C, but your ZvP could be F?

You can post a replay of yourself in the strategy forums and ask for help.

EDIT: LOL. This thread didn't feel like a real thread anyways. I was suprise earlier that it wasn't closed by Chill. Btw, no one is gonna get the Fresh Prince of Bel Air reference if it wasn't highlighted in bold.
[X]Domain - I just do the website. Nothing more.
traced
Profile Joined October 2007
1739 Posts
August 23 2008 12:40 GMT
#293
lolol

fucking dedication to the boarding craft
HeavOnEarth
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States7087 Posts
August 23 2008 12:51 GMT
#294
[image loading]
"come korea next time... FXO house... 10 korean, 10 korean"
Carkling
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Germany169 Posts
August 23 2008 12:57 GMT
#295
wow amazing...

whats the point of posting in a thread without reading it?
you cant only refer to the op all the time._.

things like this happen all the time especially in the strategy forum where people only read OPs post and than start their posts with like "i'm just a D noob but..."



FleaProblem
Profile Joined August 2008
Afghanistan5 Posts
August 23 2008 13:16 GMT
#296
I find it funny how my zerg friend can kill C+ toss without even practicing for 2 years he just goes allin with 4-5 hatch lings or mass hydra and the funny thing is it works over 75% of the time.
TonyL2
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
England1953 Posts
August 23 2008 13:19 GMT
#297
Hang on, why the hell is your icon a Dragoon?
Juicyfruit
Profile Joined May 2008
Canada5484 Posts
August 23 2008 13:51 GMT
#298
Epic thread is epic
Piste
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
6183 Posts
August 23 2008 14:24 GMT
#299
On August 23 2008 02:39 Gaetele wrote:. I mean, not even an huge Ultraling army can take
a similarly sized Protoss army head on. We also have to manage larva, and it takes Protoss a
minute to completely remacro their army from their 50 Gateways


I've even seen a game where a Protoss managed to outexpand a Zerg!
There isn't even a logical explanation for that. What mobility?



I came to the conclusion that you just suck, you are just complaining becouse you do things wrong, or don't know anything.
Chill
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Calgary26003 Posts
August 23 2008 14:30 GMT
#300
We need to fix this somehow. There's too many morons who can't read. Hmmm I'll do something brb.
Moderator
Prev 1 13 14 15 16 17 26 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
20:00
BamsPatch 1.0 Weekly #3
Liquipedia
CranKy Ducklings
19:00
Sea Duckling Open #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
CranKy Ducklings114
CranKy Ducklings SOOP46
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko304
SHIN 182
ProTech142
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 35848
Hyuk 1592
Bisu 1533
Shuttle 1335
EffOrt 364
Mind 362
Larva 300
firebathero 254
Soma 180
Mini 163
[ Show more ]
ZerO 150
Last 141
Hm[arnc] 92
Leta 90
Zeus 78
Pusan 67
hero 54
Hyun 54
Killer 42
Sexy 40
Bale 37
Trap 37
ToSsGirL 31
PianO 27
Aegong 24
sorry 21
zelot 16
yabsab 13
Noble 11
JulyZerg 9
Sacsri 8
ajuk12(nOOB) 6
Dota 2
Gorgc2541
qojqva1318
Dendi1101
XcaliburYe443
XaKoH 414
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1559
crisheroes327
Other Games
gofns34988
singsing2579
B2W.Neo1161
Happy231
DeMusliM224
Livibee115
ToD113
Mew2King108
ArmadaUGS49
ZerO(Twitch)7
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream165
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 65
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 8683
League of Legends
• Jankos1630
Other Games
• WagamamaTV242
Upcoming Events
FEL
3h 26m
AI Arena Tournament
4h 26m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6h 26m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
21h 26m
INu's Battles
23h 26m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 6h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 6h
Replay Cast
1d 11h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 21h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 22h
[ Show More ]
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.