• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:19
CEST 12:19
KST 19:19
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War445.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
TL Sidebar missing streams BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9208 users

So why was GH banned? - Page 2

Forum Index > Website Feedback
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 10 11 12 Next All
Lmui
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada6223 Posts
February 07 2019 18:18 GMT
#21
On February 08 2019 00:42 Excludos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 07 2019 23:18 travis wrote:
Hmmm

Surprisingly I think I will just give the mods the benefit of the doubt and let this go without being annoying about it. The website has become a little more "PC" over time but when I think about it I don't have many examples of mods being abusive of their powers.

It is too bad, though

also where is that ban list hidden at???


There's no point in linking to the thread, as it changes title (and therefore link) every time someone new gets banned. But if you search for "Automated ban list" in the search field, it will be the top result


You can actually use this:

https://www.teamliquid.net/forum/closed-threads/32696-a?page=2135

As long as the character+number is enough to uniquely identify the thread, it works I think

I know I've racked up a few warnings over the years, but I don't think I've ever seen a moderation decision that I seriously disagree with. There was one case where ban(s) happened and reverted after some discussion it was rolled back since it was a bit too heavy handed.

I'm don't care too much either way on the decision, I've always felt that the regular cast of politics posters are heavily entrenched into their respective viewpoints. There's a fair number of "neutral" posters from outside the USA but the vast majority of us lean left when looking at the US.
ChristianS
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States3304 Posts
February 07 2019 18:25 GMT
#22
I think this is the least okay I’ve ever been with a ban. I might try to type up my feelings later, but for reference, remember that time Kwark perm’d LL? That felt more fair than this.
"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." -Robert J. Hanlon
Fecalfeast
Profile Joined January 2010
Canada11355 Posts
February 07 2019 18:41 GMT
#23
I lurk(ed) both us pol threads and looked forward to reading GH's take on many issues. Just putting my name in as someone who dislikes the ban.
ModeratorINFLATE YOUR POST COUNT; PLAY TL MAFIA
xM(Z
Profile Joined November 2006
Romania5299 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-02-07 19:34:35
February 07 2019 18:57 GMT
#24
On February 08 2019 02:38 ShoCkeyy wrote:
xM(z ehhhh, I mean, I think they're considerate of what you've done in the past vs the present. I can attest to that with my long history here. I think it really just depends on how you've handled yourself through out those years.
you're assuming intent here, positive intent; they show some leniency to see if you can uphold <rules> because they're good guys and care but, if i were you, i'd see it like this: 'hmm, that's not really a ban-worthy offense but no worries, i'll give him time, he'll get there for sure. it's malicious entrapment.

you can see this in comments of <users+ Show Spoiler +
snitches
>, when they assume X will go down Y road because of the way he posts. it's like they 'read' someone then wait for the inevitability, and that's the best case scenario. the worst case, they peck on you based on what they assume you are and represent until you snap.

besides, the dude actually changed from when he first started his political debates.

@Excludos: you have there a circular logic - he steals so he's an asshole and he's an asshole because he steals.
in this case it's obvious GH wasn't always stealing so if you could insert somewhere in there 'stealing to give to the poor'(for ex.) case ... just to see where it'll lead your logic.
fuck the fact that he was a veteran, he did change/evolved in some manner/sense/direction and that should matter.

what one says to excuse an action should have no bearing on anything because it's intent is unknowledgeable so its value is unquantifiable.
And my fury stands ready. I bring all your plans to nought. My bleak heart beats steady. 'Tis you whom I have sought.
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
February 07 2019 19:06 GMT
#25
How many times do I need to let someone steal from me before I can assume they are an asshole?
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
Deleted User 3420
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
24492 Posts
February 07 2019 19:26 GMT
#26
5
Excludos
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Norway8279 Posts
February 07 2019 19:33 GMT
#27
On February 08 2019 03:57 xM(Z wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 08 2019 02:38 ShoCkeyy wrote:
xM(z ehhhh, I mean, I think they're considerate of what you've done in the past vs the present. I can attest to that with my long history here. I think it really just depends on how you've handled yourself through out those years.
you're assuming intent here, positive intent; they show some leniency to see if you can uphold <rules> because they're good guys and care but, if i were you, i'd see it like this: 'hmm, that's not really a ban-worthy offense but no worries, i'll give him time, he'll get there for sure. it's malicious entrapment.

you can see this in comments of <users+ Show Spoiler +
snitches
>, when they assume X will go down Y road because of the way he posts. it's like they 'read' someone then wait for the inevitability, an that's the best case scenario. the worst case, they peck on you based on what they assume you are and represent until you snap.

besides, the dude actually changed from when he first started his political debates.

@Excludos: you have there a circular logic - he steals so he's an asshole and he's an asshole because he steals.
in this case it's obvious GH wasn't always stealing so if you could insert somewhere in there 'stealing to give to the poor'(for ex.) case ... just to see where it'll lead your logic.
fuck the fact that he was a veteran, he did change/evolved in some manner/sense/direction and that should matter.

what one says to excuse an action should have no bearing on anything because it's intent is unknowledgeable so its value is unquantifiable.


That's not circular logic, not even remotely. You changing the order of the words doesn't make it circular, watch: "I drowned so I died" and "I died because I drowned" are not two opposites. If you steal, you're an asshole, which is the exact same as saying someone is an asshole because he steals.

Back to GH: He changed..? To and from what? This perm ban isn't out of the blue, but follows two temp bans within a week, including necroing an 8 year old thread with a shitpost. If he's changed, then this is not in a good direction.

My earliest memory of interacting with the guy was him sending me private messages of 9/11 conspiracy theories, and later harassing me for not replying to him in the main thread fast enough (I say harass, might be a bit strong. It only took him 4 messages to give up..). This was exactly a year ago.
xM(Z
Profile Joined November 2006
Romania5299 Posts
February 07 2019 20:03 GMT
#28
circular logic/reasoning has nothing to do with opposites so i've no idea what's going on there but on the he changed part: he changed from ' fuck the whites in power' to 'fuck the power!; but while you're at it, fuck the whites too just because(some bitterness there because he realized he is the part of the power problem) but hey, i'll take increments as long as there's a heading.

the rest goes into how much sensible/offend-able are you; he was a pusher for sure but i always saw it(at its worst) as being loudmouthed.

@Plansix: define stealing.
And my fury stands ready. I bring all your plans to nought. My bleak heart beats steady. 'Tis you whom I have sought.
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
February 07 2019 20:06 GMT
#29
Nah, I’m good. It is your hypothetical, so you can define it.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
xM(Z
Profile Joined November 2006
Romania5299 Posts
February 07 2019 20:43 GMT
#30
was Excludos' but i was going for wealth redistribution; just so you'd know.
And my fury stands ready. I bring all your plans to nought. My bleak heart beats steady. 'Tis you whom I have sought.
LegalLord
Profile Blog Joined April 2013
United States13779 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-02-07 20:54:44
February 07 2019 20:53 GMT
#31
On February 08 2019 03:25 ChristianS wrote:
I think this is the least okay I’ve ever been with a ban. I might try to type up my feelings later, but for reference, remember that time Kwark perm’d LL? That felt more fair than this.

Only ban I got from him was a week. Maybe you’re thinking of someone else?

My guess is Seeker perming P6?
History will sooner or later sweep the European Union away without mercy.
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
February 07 2019 21:22 GMT
#32
To be fair to seeker, I has a rash of drunk posts and dumb 2 day bans right before that.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
Jealous
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
10396 Posts
February 07 2019 21:32 GMT
#33
On February 08 2019 05:03 xM(Z wrote:
@Plansix: define stealing.

Damn, we're on this level already?
"The right to vote is only the oar of the slaveship, I wanna be free." -- бум бум сучка!
Dangermousecatdog
Profile Joined December 2010
United Kingdom7084 Posts
February 07 2019 21:33 GMT
#34
Ban reason seems a bit odd. Whatever happened to an escalating series of lengthening bans? We are left to speculate. I suppose the actual reason would be PM's about GH necroing up old threads, to which he appeared to be playing a foolish game of dare against the mods. Still, I can't say I am sad to see GreenHorizons gone.
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
February 07 2019 21:53 GMT
#35
On February 08 2019 06:32 Jealous wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 08 2019 05:03 xM(Z wrote:
@Plansix: define stealing.

Damn, we're on this level already?

I’m the master of getting to the rhetorical question phase of poorly thought out internet arguments.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
aye_I_am_a_cop
Profile Joined February 2019
1 Post
Last Edited: 2019-02-07 22:08:11
February 07 2019 21:58 GMT
#36


User was banned for this post.
LuckyFool
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States9015 Posts
February 07 2019 23:41 GMT
#37
Why not a 6 month temp ban or something, or was that already tried? I’ll be sad to see GH go forever as he was someone I definitely thought provided value in many conversations especially when it came to politics. But if he’s not complying with acceptable TL community behavior and not listening to the mod staff, not much else could be done.
ChristianS
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States3304 Posts
February 07 2019 23:45 GMT
#38
On February 08 2019 05:53 LegalLord wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 08 2019 03:25 ChristianS wrote:
I think this is the least okay I’ve ever been with a ban. I might try to type up my feelings later, but for reference, remember that time Kwark perm’d LL? That felt more fair than this.

Only ban I got from him was a week. Maybe you’re thinking of someone else?

My guess is Seeker perming P6?

Damn, I coulda sworn that was a perm that got reversed. Nvm then, bad example
"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." -Robert J. Hanlon
Nebuchad
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
Switzerland12570 Posts
February 08 2019 05:57 GMT
#39
I mean GH should definitely not be banned but I'm sure you're surprised I have this opinion
No will to live, no wish to die
DeepElemBlues
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States5080 Posts
February 08 2019 07:24 GMT
#40
On February 08 2019 04:06 Plansix wrote:
How many times do I need to let someone steal from me before I can assume they are an asshole?


depends on if you want to sleep with them or not
no place i'd rather be than the satellite of love
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 10 11 12 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Big Brain Bouts
19:00
#129
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
RotterdaM402
IndyStarCraft 49
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 402
Lowko192
IndyStarCraft 49
MindelVK 11
StarCraft: Brood War
Free 3652
Stork 2513
Horang2 412
Jaedong 385
Soulkey 380
Zeus 369
Larva 265
Mini 244
Soma 220
BeSt 155
[ Show more ]
sorry 81
Mind 72
ZerO 65
Hyun 57
Pusan 56
Sexy 53
Last 42
Shinee 32
soO 32
scan(afreeca) 26
ajuk12(nOOB) 19
Sacsri 10
zelot 9
Dota 2
XcaliburYe311
canceldota52
League of Legends
JimRising 442
Other Games
gofns37259
singsing1965
Coldzera 692
Happy329
byalli232
Pyrionflax210
ZerO(Twitch)11
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV215
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 28
• StrangeGG 11
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV284
• lizZardDota2242
League of Legends
• Jankos3463
Upcoming Events
Online Event
1h 42m
AI Arena Tournament
6h 42m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
8h 42m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
23h 42m
Patches Events
1d 4h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 8h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 8h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
6 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.