• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:27
CEST 18:27
KST 01:27
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20267Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Biografia
Playlenda
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10628 users

So why was GH banned? - Page 4

Forum Index > Website Feedback
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11 12 Next All
Aquanim
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia2849 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-02-08 23:17:39
February 08 2019 22:57 GMT
#61
If you haven't read a decent slice of the last four-plus years of GreenHorizons being a dick to all and sundry in public threads, and interacted with him personally and given him a decent chance to find out where you're not sufficiently "ideologically pure" and low-key abuse you on that basis, I'm not sure your opinion of him or this ban is all that useful.

I'm aware some fraction of the people defending him satisfy these criteria. Just putting it out there. Back when I was a lurker I thought GreenHorizons was an ok bloke too.

I don't know or really care what the immediate circumstances leading to the ban were. They could well appear unfair or not even worth a modaction at all. It isn't really relevant, since he's deserved a perm ban for years - this is just the mods finally pulling the trigger.
Deleted User 3420
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
24492 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-02-08 23:33:04
February 08 2019 23:25 GMT
#62
On February 09 2019 07:43 Jealous wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 09 2019 06:53 travis wrote:
On February 09 2019 05:00 Dangermousecatdog wrote:
You haven't seen how condescending and aloof he conducts himself in his PM. He truly has no idea. In his PMs, he thinks he is cleverly manipulating you whilst being condescending towards you. A very strange debating technique, or his attempt to reach out to me, who can say. Lets just say he didn't exactly well endear himself towards me, when it was himself that decided to PM me. *shrugs* Whilst I can joke and say I am a shitposter. Hey if he ever comes back he will forever hound me. Such is life.


wanna post such a PM chain then?

Right now what I am being presented with is people making claims about him (not just the people in this thread), and then him defending himself by sending me the actual PM chains, which generally seem to make him look like the more reasonable person, at least in my opinion.

He messaged me after your post with a PM chain between him and you, and between the two of you, he looked much more civil. Since it's private, I am not posting it. But if you say it's cool, I'll post it and then other users can decide for themselves who's tone and behavior is more inappropriate.

So you're saying that a guy who was recently permanently banned is messaging you, the poster who has shown the most initiative in questioning his ban, evidence that casts him in a positive light?

Color me surprised.


Wtf is this?

Im willing to provide actual evidence for my claims, and extending an offer to anyone to provide counterevidence. I am saying "please, please enlighten me by showing me ACTUAL EVIDENCE" as opposed to just a personal opinion which could be based on literally anything. I am not saying I *know everything* about his behavior, or that he did or did not do this or that. I am saying, he is the only person who has shown me PMs, and in them so far every accuser is the one acting shittier between the two of them.

You know why I am bothering to do this? Because I think his treatment was morally wrong, and I care about that.

And, apparently, he actually can't PM anyone other than me because by technicality I am staff according to the website(which is something I like, so please don't take it away admins. I think meat or someone made it that way because im in TL).
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-02-08 23:59:40
February 08 2019 23:58 GMT
#63
Why do we care if you think it is morally wrong? And why should we put in effort to prove our own opinions of exchanges with GH? You stated your opinion, we stated ours. Why is the burden suddenly on us to change your mind? Or counter the arguments of GH?

You’re staff. Go ask the mod team. I’m sure they will tell you.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
Deleted User 3420
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
24492 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-02-09 00:48:21
February 09 2019 00:38 GMT
#64
This is an open discussion, you're being extremely belligerent.

Whether or not you care if it's morally wrong is not my concern, I don't decide what other people care about. I can make a recommendation if you want but I had no intention to do that. Whether or not you put effort into anything you do is also up to you, but I think it says a lot if you openly state that you aren't putting effort into forming your opinions or presenting your arguments.

Again, whether or not you want to change your mind is up to you. I am not sure what you are getting at because it seems like your only possible intention in posting these questions is to stifle dissent.
Sermokala
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States14211 Posts
February 09 2019 00:50 GMT
#65
I don't think travis is in the wrong from his perspective. He just hasn't experienced the depth and width of what GH has been almost his entire time which somehow got worse and worse in the previous few months.

If I ever had to describe him to someone it would be that to any problem he saw he would want to make it ten thousand times worse. Nothing he ever proposed or described would make anything better and yet he would refuse to see this. Being morally correct is perfectly acceptable until it becomes the only thing you are willing to consider. He would constantly attack anyone who questioned him until they either lost interest or entire days worth of conversations would be devoted to his battles where nothing good happened.

Hes the type of person who knows he can't have a reasonable argument and yet doesn't see this as an issue in the slightest. Your idea of p6 being beligerent is laughable knowing how GH defined that for everyone in the thread.
A wise man will say that he knows nothing. We're gona party like its 2752 Hail Dark Brandon
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-02-09 01:11:13
February 09 2019 01:06 GMT
#66
Just to be clear, I do not care if GH is banned or not. I have experiences in dealing with him and I cared enough to share them as some context to the possible reasoning of the mods.

I also feel my opinion on if GH is banned or not is shared by many people in this thread. I doubt folks care a whole lot either way, but they understand why it happened. No one is invested in building a case for the ban, because in the end it doesn’t matter.

And you are right, it’s an open discussion. So when someone asks for receipts to justify my personal opinion to them, I’m all set. That isn’t a debate I’m intrested in engaging with.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
Aquanim
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia2849 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-02-09 01:22:05
February 09 2019 01:20 GMT
#67
On February 09 2019 09:38 travis wrote:... but I think it says a lot if you openly state that you aren't putting effort into forming your opinions or presenting your arguments.
.

What Plansix actually said was he didn't feel the need to put effort into justifying his opinion to you.

I'll take belligerent over dishonest here.
xM(Z
Profile Joined November 2006
Romania5299 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-02-09 08:26:33
February 09 2019 08:26 GMT
#68

What <+ Show Spoiler +
Plansi
X> actually said was he didn't feel the need to put effort into justifying his opinion to you.
but that's also something that weighted on mods decision when they made the call to ban GH, no effort opinions like those; the straws that broke the camel back.
And my fury stands ready. I bring all your plans to nought. My bleak heart beats steady. 'Tis you whom I have sought.
opisska
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Poland8852 Posts
February 09 2019 08:31 GMT
#69
I mean, p6 isn't really known for talking out of his ass. There can be disagreement about the opinions, but asking him to provide detailed proof of his statements is a bit silly.
"Jeez, that's far from ideal." - Serral, the king of mild trashtalk
TL+ Member
xM(Z
Profile Joined November 2006
Romania5299 Posts
February 09 2019 09:38 GMT
#70
yes he is and no it's not imo. you can't plead the 5th in civil cases.
And my fury stands ready. I bring all your plans to nought. My bleak heart beats steady. 'Tis you whom I have sought.
Acrofales
Profile Joined August 2010
Spain18459 Posts
February 09 2019 09:49 GMT
#71
On February 09 2019 18:38 xM(Z wrote:
yes he is and no it's not imo. you can't plead the 5th in civil cases.

This isn't a court case...
Aquanim
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia2849 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-02-09 10:00:38
February 09 2019 09:50 GMT
#72
On February 09 2019 17:26 xM(Z wrote:
Show nested quote +

What <+ Show Spoiler +
Plansi
X> actually said was he didn't feel the need to put effort into justifying his opinion to you.
but that's also something that weighted on mods decision when they made the call to ban GH, no effort opinions like those; the straws that broke the camel back.

I don't even think I agree with the premise that these are "no-effort opinions":
+ Show Spoiler +

On February 07 2019 23:12 Plansix wrote:
I know that he and the mod team had a lot of discussions via PM. But he has always responded poorly any sort of moderation. He necroed a blog from 2009 about racism and got 2 day ban. After than ban ended, he did the exact same thing to another thread that got locked. And then came to feedback asking why it got locked. It just seemed like he was very invested in picking fights if he we ever told he couldn’t do exactly what he wanted.


On February 09 2019 06:40 Plansix wrote:
I can confirm that GH was insufferable in his PMs. To the point where I told him to stop PMing me. He failed that simple request a few times too.

He would also become obsessed with specific posters and having them admit they were wrong. I dealt with that as well. But even if they did admit a mistake, it was not enough. You had to not only admit you were wrong, but you allowed yourself to be deceived by your neoliberal bias. And even then he would assume you were not sincere.

I get that folks don’t think a forum vet should be banned over a PM disagreement. But some people don’t respect boundaries or can’t read the room. They fight and engage until they get what they want, even if the person on the other side specifically asks to be left alone. GH was one of those people. And that is one of the many reasons he wanted to be able to moderate his own politics blog.


Plansix was referring to the effort of actually going and finding links and citations from umpteen years of thread and PMs. Which nobody else in this thread has done either. No, getting GreenHorizons to send you stuff from his carefully curated library of grievances doesn't count as effort of that kind.

To say that Plansix didn't put effort into forming his opinions when he's been conversing with GreenHorizons fairly regularly for over five years is pretty insulting.
Jealous
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
10394 Posts
February 09 2019 09:55 GMT
#73
On February 09 2019 17:26 xM(Z wrote:
Show nested quote +

What <+ Show Spoiler +
Plansi
X> actually said was he didn't feel the need to put effort into justifying his opinion to you.
but that's also something that weighted on mods decision when they made the call to ban GH, no effort opinions like those; the straws that broke the camel back.

It always fascinates me when an online debate leads to the awakening of someone's inner power of telepathy.
"The right to vote is only the oar of the slaveship, I wanna be free." -- бум бум сучка!
Jockmcplop
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United Kingdom10006 Posts
February 09 2019 12:19 GMT
#74
I respect GH for his political views and the way he sometimes put them across, and I didn't argue with him very much but I can see how such an argument would be a pain in the arse from the other person's perspective.

Its up to the mods how much of a pain in the arse someone is allowed to be i suppose.

RIP Meatloaf <3
Godwrath
Profile Joined August 2012
Spain10166 Posts
February 09 2019 14:24 GMT
#75
On February 08 2019 01:32 ahswtini wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 08 2019 01:15 travis wrote:
ha ha when did he do that, LOL

not trying to mock him because I like him but there can't even be that many black posters on TL

https://www.teamliquid.net/forum/tl-community/275302-ask-tl-staff-anything?page=632#12630 (just start reading from there)

i guess he wasn't really complaining, but clearly felt he would prefer to talk to a black mod

I guess we read completely different things if that was your conclussion. He gave the reasons why, and they didn't sound unreasonable.
Dangermousecatdog
Profile Joined December 2010
United Kingdom7084 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-02-09 17:57:26
February 09 2019 17:52 GMT
#76
On February 09 2019 06:53 travis wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 09 2019 05:00 Dangermousecatdog wrote:
You haven't seen how condescending and aloof he conducts himself in his PM. He truly has no idea. In his PMs, he thinks he is cleverly manipulating you whilst being condescending towards you. A very strange debating technique, or his attempt to reach out to me, who can say. Lets just say he didn't exactly well endear himself towards me, when it was himself that decided to PM me. *shrugs* Whilst I can joke and say I am a shitposter. Hey if he ever comes back he will forever hound me. Such is life.


wanna post such a PM chain then?

Right now what I am being presented with is people making claims about him (not just the people in this thread), and then him defending himself by sending me the actual PM chains, which generally seem to make him look like the more reasonable person, at least in my opinion.

He messaged me after your post with a PM chain between him and you, and between the two of you, he looked much more civil. Since it's private, I am not posting it. But if you say it's cool, I'll post it and then other users can decide for themselves who's tone and behavior is more inappropriate.

Hey, if you want to post the PM's that's up to you. GH can if he wants to, if banned posters can post in the website feeback forum. Hey, maybe I could be considered to be the uncivil one, but then again, you got to wonder; if I was sending "fuck off" to GH who initiated the PMs, and everytime he PM me and he keeps PM me back, who's behaviour is more inappropriate?

Actually now that I think about it, GH was probably fishing for something to try to get me banned when he sent those PMs, which was why he was so weirdly persistent. It all makes sense now. I just thought he was trying to preserve his own hurt feelings to losing to an internet argument to someone who doesn't care.
xM(Z
Profile Joined November 2006
Romania5299 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-02-09 21:02:05
February 09 2019 20:54 GMT
#77
On February 09 2019 18:49 Acrofales wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 09 2019 18:38 xM(Z wrote:
yes he is and no it's not imo. you can't plead the 5th in civil cases.

This isn't a court case...
correct; the trial/hearing was done in absentia and the sentence passed. GG
this here is about white knighting and taking sides and going up on snitches lists and condescending holier than thou posts and ... etcetcetc

Edit: i mean look @Aquanim post; you can't reply to it.
it's known, or it should've be known to him since he commented, that p6 was banned a few times for being an asshole to other posters; and that's on a liberal forum whilst being a liberal ...
he became more diplomatic in his approaches as of lately, but he hasn't changed.
And my fury stands ready. I bring all your plans to nought. My bleak heart beats steady. 'Tis you whom I have sought.
Acrofales
Profile Joined August 2010
Spain18459 Posts
February 09 2019 21:18 GMT
#78
On February 10 2019 05:54 xM(Z wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 09 2019 18:49 Acrofales wrote:
On February 09 2019 18:38 xM(Z wrote:
yes he is and no it's not imo. you can't plead the 5th in civil cases.

This isn't a court case...
correct; the trial/hearing was done in absentia and the sentence passed. GG
this here is about white knighting and taking sides and going up on snitches lists and condescending holier than thou posts and ... etcetcetc

Edit: i mean look @Aquanim post; you can't reply to it.
it's known, or it should've be known to him since he commented, that p6 was banned a few times for being an asshole to other posters; and that's on a liberal forum whilst being a liberal ...
he became more diplomatic in his approaches as of lately, but he hasn't changed.

I don't really know what any of that has to do with it.

But arguing with you almost always takes us down the rabbit hole of non sequiturs and whataboutisms, so I'll just stay out of this.

I don't know enough to say his ban wasn't justified. With what I know about GH, I am not surprised he was, eventually, after deliberation, perm banned. I think everybody who argued with him admired him, but also found it a right pain in the ass to disagree with him on anything. Having to constantly moderate those discussions must be exhausting.

Am I sad he eventually got permed? Yeah. Do I feel it's unjust? No clue. I'll give the mods the benefit of the doubt. They don't often get this kinda call wrong.
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
February 09 2019 22:07 GMT
#79
On February 10 2019 05:54 xM(Z wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 09 2019 18:49 Acrofales wrote:
On February 09 2019 18:38 xM(Z wrote:
yes he is and no it's not imo. you can't plead the 5th in civil cases.

This isn't a court case...
correct; the trial/hearing was done in absentia and the sentence passed. GG
this here is about white knighting and taking sides and going up on snitches lists and condescending holier than thou posts and ... etcetcetc

Edit: i mean look @Aquanim post; you can't reply to it.
it's known, or it should've be known to him since he commented, that p6 was banned a few times for being an asshole to other posters; and that's on a liberal forum whilst being a liberal ...
he became more diplomatic in his approaches as of lately, but he hasn't changed.

Yeah. I’m honest about it too. When I’m an asshole, I do it on purpose. I just choose not to be an asshole of late.

And I don’t know what the rest of that nonsense is your are rambling about is.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
Dangermousecatdog
Profile Joined December 2010
United Kingdom7084 Posts
February 09 2019 23:53 GMT
#80
On February 10 2019 06:18 Acrofales wrote:I think everybody who argued with him admired him,

Hah, no.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11 12 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
22:00
King of the Hill #264
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 331
Codebar 73
UpATreeSC 69
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 38652
Calm 3717
Bisu 2491
FanTaSy 1397
Shuttle 1376
Mini 530
Hyuk 404
Stork 350
actioN 290
EffOrt 284
[ Show more ]
Barracks 204
firebathero 190
Rush 185
Snow 149
Dewaltoss 110
Zeus 67
Shinee 46
Liquid`Ret 43
Sharp 34
soO 32
Sea.KH 31
Hyun 30
Bale 27
Free 24
Pusan 24
Yoon 20
Aegong 18
Shine 18
PianO 18
HiyA 18
Sacsri 7
Dota 2
Gorgc7837
Dendi1064
XaKoH 307
League of Legends
KnowMe47
Counter-Strike
x6flipin493
Fnx 0
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes610
Other Games
singsing2501
hiko1506
FrodaN787
Beastyqt537
mouzStarbuck281
byalli216
Livibee190
Hui .160
Liquid`VortiX158
C9.Mang0114
RotterdaM99
Trikslyr59
Mew2King51
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV217
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 47
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV413
Other Games
• Shiphtur959
Upcoming Events
OSC
5h 48m
Replay Cast
6h 33m
OSC
1d 6h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 17h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.