• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:52
CEST 17:52
KST 00:52
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon108
StarCraft 2
General
Updated Continental Flags System & New Global Flag StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10189 users

Mechanical Keyboard Guide - Page 90

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 88 89 90 91 92 383 Next
Madrid
Profile Joined February 2012
United States10 Posts
February 05 2012 16:51 GMT
#1781
Recently bought a Leopold full keyboard with blacks. It was a great board but it had a USB connector issue that caused me to disconnect randomly from windows. I e-mailed elitekeyboards support and they were great about replacing the board and they allowed me to swap the black switch board for the browns.

I've used blacks, blues, and browns and das/filco/leopold and I definitely love the Leopold with browns. It's an awesome board, especially for the value.

If I had to choose a keyboard I would do a filco with browns, just because I don't prefer the detachable USB that Leopold has.
eXistance
Profile Joined April 2010
25 Posts
February 05 2012 21:14 GMT
#1782
Another question, how big is the tactile bump on the blue switches compared to brown switches? I have the option to test a Black Widow with blue switches, so thought i'd use that to compare it to black switches, thanks!
Pucca
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
Taiwan1280 Posts
February 05 2012 21:17 GMT
#1783
I am content with my Razor Black Widow

<3 Razor
Master Chief
zeeQue
Profile Joined March 2010
United Kingdom184 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-05 21:26:03
February 05 2012 21:24 GMT
#1784
On February 05 2012 07:06 slytown wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 05 2012 06:45 zeeQue wrote:
I'm pretty sure I was reading somewhere that the "Black widow Stealth" is actually louder than blue switches, I'll try and find the site I saw it on and report back


EDIT: Found it... Take from this what you will but surely it defeats the object of it being "Stealth"?
http://www.pcworld.com/article/242037/mechanical_keyboard_faq_pick_the_right_switch.html


You aren't reading correctly. Blue switches have a loud click while Browns do not.



Yeah but they measured the Decibels on all of them they tested, and Browns were louder.... It's supposed to be "silent"
Tenks
Profile Joined April 2010
United States3104 Posts
February 05 2012 21:27 GMT
#1785
On February 06 2012 06:14 eXistance wrote:
Another question, how big is the tactile bump on the blue switches compared to brown switches? I have the option to test a Black Widow with blue switches, so thought i'd use that to compare it to black switches, thanks!



It is noticeable but not greatly. I have a das that has browns and a blackwidow with, obviously, blues. The das is, imo, far easier to type on and they keycaps are not garbage like the blackwidow's.
Wat
DystopiaX
Profile Joined October 2010
United States16236 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-05 21:30:38
February 05 2012 21:30 GMT
#1786
On February 06 2012 06:24 zeeQue wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 05 2012 07:06 slytown wrote:
On February 05 2012 06:45 zeeQue wrote:
I'm pretty sure I was reading somewhere that the "Black widow Stealth" is actually louder than blue switches, I'll try and find the site I saw it on and report back


EDIT: Found it... Take from this what you will but surely it defeats the object of it being "Stealth"?
http://www.pcworld.com/article/242037/mechanical_keyboard_faq_pick_the_right_switch.html


You aren't reading correctly. Blue switches have a loud click while Browns do not.



Yeah but they measured the Decibels on all of them they tested, and Browns were louder.... It's supposed to be "silent"

If you don't bottom out the keyboard it will be considerably softer.
And silent is advertising, no mech keyboard is silent. All of them will be louder than your average membrane keyboard.
Jophess
Profile Joined August 2010
United States95 Posts
February 05 2012 21:31 GMT
#1787
On February 06 2012 06:24 zeeQue wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 05 2012 07:06 slytown wrote:
On February 05 2012 06:45 zeeQue wrote:
I'm pretty sure I was reading somewhere that the "Black widow Stealth" is actually louder than blue switches, I'll try and find the site I saw it on and report back


EDIT: Found it... Take from this what you will but surely it defeats the object of it being "Stealth"?
http://www.pcworld.com/article/242037/mechanical_keyboard_faq_pick_the_right_switch.html


You aren't reading correctly. Blue switches have a loud click while Browns do not.



Yeah but they measured the Decibels on all of them they tested, and Browns were louder.... It's supposed to be "silent"


Browns are silent, assuming you don't bottom it out. Same for blacks and reds. Blues are the only common MX switch that actually make any sound when the switch activates. The only reason for browns to be measuring more dBs is because they are easier to bottom out.

Put o-rings on the keycaps and then only MX blues make any noticeable sound.
eXistance
Profile Joined April 2010
25 Posts
February 05 2012 21:38 GMT
#1788
On February 06 2012 06:27 Tenks wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 06 2012 06:14 eXistance wrote:
Another question, how big is the tactile bump on the blue switches compared to brown switches? I have the option to test a Black Widow with blue switches, so thought i'd use that to compare it to black switches, thanks!



It is noticeable but not greatly. I have a das that has browns and a blackwidow with, obviously, blues. The das is, imo, far easier to type on and they keycaps are not garbage like the blackwidow's.


Alright thanks, browns are becoming the likely choice so far ^^.
semantics
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
10040 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-05 23:52:52
February 05 2012 23:51 GMT
#1789
On February 06 2012 06:30 DystopiaX wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 06 2012 06:24 zeeQue wrote:
On February 05 2012 07:06 slytown wrote:
On February 05 2012 06:45 zeeQue wrote:
I'm pretty sure I was reading somewhere that the "Black widow Stealth" is actually louder than blue switches, I'll try and find the site I saw it on and report back


EDIT: Found it... Take from this what you will but surely it defeats the object of it being "Stealth"?
http://www.pcworld.com/article/242037/mechanical_keyboard_faq_pick_the_right_switch.html


You aren't reading correctly. Blue switches have a loud click while Browns do not.



Yeah but they measured the Decibels on all of them they tested, and Browns were louder.... It's supposed to be "silent"

If you don't bottom out the keyboard it will be considerably softer.
And silent is advertising, no mech keyboard is silent. All of them will be louder than your average membrane keyboard.

i mean just think about it metal parts sheering against each other or bending to make a contact, vs a rubber dome being pushed down, mechanical switches are going to be louder, infact if you just press down on a membrane switch you'll be hard pressed to say it made any sound, membrane keyboards sound come from plastic on plastic rubbing from how the keys are being held in place, which is why those all rubber membrane keyboards that are suppose to be for the portable, you can't break it market are silent..
s.a.y
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
Croatia3840 Posts
February 06 2012 12:02 GMT
#1790
On February 06 2012 00:24 Potatisodlaren wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 05 2012 05:07 s.a.y wrote:
Any keyboards with normal/standard keys layout. All of the popular mech. keyboards have a weird Enter button.

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


A good layout is here, you can notice 3 buttons next to the "L" letter.

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Brown/Black or Red switch if possible.



http://www.keyboardco.com/index.asp

On this site you can find Cherry MX Brown and Red as well as others with a normal layout.


Thanks

I manage to find that also Qpad and Zowie have keyboards with the specific layout for others with the same question
I am not good with quotes
CortoMontez
Profile Joined October 2010
Australia608 Posts
February 06 2012 12:23 GMT
#1791
Just bought the Corsair Vengeance K90, it comes with MX reds.

Overall it works great, and because all the keys are protruding from a flat panel, cleaning it will be a breeze.

The only issue that some people may have with it is that not all keys are mechanical.

The F keys, ESC, the block of 6 keys above the arrows, and the macro keys still use rubber domes unfortunately. In the case of playing SC with it, it would affect those who use the F-keys for location hotkeys. However if you are a noob like me who barely uses the normal hotkeys, then it is just fine.

Also, there is a button on it which toggles the start-menu button on/off which is VERY useful for obvious reasons, since it doesn't have to be torn off unlike some pros have been known to do.
"Creator was doing a really good job trying to win without storm but it was like eating spaghetti with a screwdriver." -Severian
Tidus Mino
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United Kingdom1108 Posts
February 06 2012 12:37 GMT
#1792
Tt Meka G-Unit is pretty sweet
Head of Production at FACEITTV, ex-WW & Mouz SC2 manager
Womb
Profile Joined May 2011
68 Posts
February 06 2012 15:38 GMT
#1793
I'm not sure if it's the SS 7g (just got a few days ago) or if I've just been gaming more often than normal lately. But is it possible mx cherry blacks are wearing the hell out of my wrist? if so, does using a mx black cherry keyboard get easier?
NoctemSC
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States771 Posts
February 06 2012 15:47 GMT
#1794
On February 07 2012 00:38 Womb wrote:
I'm not sure if it's the SS 7g (just got a few days ago) or if I've just been gaming more often than normal lately. But is it possible mx cherry blacks are wearing the hell out of my wrist? if so, does using a mx black cherry keyboard get easier?

Mechanical keyboards should make typing easier for you, not harder.
The first couple weeks takes some getting used to but I've found that after getting my Mechanical keyboard that typing on a regular membrane board is like typing on glue. It could be your fingers aren't used to the raised keys yet, you could try to find a palm rest.
http://www.twitch.tv/noctemsc <--Most epic fun times
Blaec
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia4289 Posts
February 06 2012 16:54 GMT
#1795
On February 07 2012 00:38 Womb wrote:
I'm not sure if it's the SS 7g (just got a few days ago) or if I've just been gaming more often than normal lately. But is it possible mx cherry blacks are wearing the hell out of my wrist? if so, does using a mx black cherry keyboard get easier?


Its possible, blacks are the heaviest switch. But check any other possibilities first, don't want to throw away your expensive new keyboard.

The black switches shouldn't change in any noticable way for a very long time. But maybe your fingers will get stronger.
Womb
Profile Joined May 2011
68 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-06 20:28:43
February 06 2012 20:28 GMT
#1796
Yeah, I'm kind of forced to use it lol. I'm just curious if the switches need to be broke in first or what.
DjRetro
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Chile309 Posts
February 06 2012 20:49 GMT
#1797
I just ordered my cm storm quickfire red switch from pchome!!! can't wait to have it in my hands. :DDD
SpaceSynth-ItaloDisco-HiNRG http://www.radiostaddenhaag.com/
Boblhead
Profile Joined August 2010
United States2577 Posts
February 06 2012 20:53 GMT
#1798
On February 07 2012 05:28 Womb wrote:
Yeah, I'm kind of forced to use it lol. I'm just curious if the switches need to be broke in first or what.

the switches will never break in (I have no clue where you got that from), you just have to get used to them.
TurboMaN
Profile Joined October 2005
Germany925 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-06 21:05:44
February 06 2012 20:59 GMT
#1799
SS 7g and 6g both have blacks right?
I thought about getting a 6g and now I'm unsure if the keys are too heavy or if it's just that you have to train to use it.
DjRetro
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Chile309 Posts
February 06 2012 21:23 GMT
#1800
On February 07 2012 05:59 TurboMaN wrote:
SS 7g and 6g both have blacks right?
I thought about getting a 6g and now I'm unsure if the keys are too heavy or if it's just that you have to train to use it.


Yes, both have blacks switches. Some time ago, i saw a red switch version of ss 6gv2, but actually i have no more information about that. Also keep in mind that there are a lot of people who think that black switch are fine for their own purposes. You might be one of them, who knows ?

SpaceSynth-ItaloDisco-HiNRG http://www.radiostaddenhaag.com/
Prev 1 88 89 90 91 92 383 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 9m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech122
Codebar 33
StarCraft: Brood War
EffOrt 1146
Mini 921
Soma 631
actioN 512
ggaemo 389
Rush 372
Light 357
Larva 287
Stork 269
Horang2 255
[ Show more ]
BeSt 243
Snow 206
hero 183
Barracks 146
Killer 115
firebathero 102
Shine 92
Dewaltoss 92
Aegong 92
Sea.KH 75
Zeus 72
Shinee 45
Sexy 43
Sharp 36
soO 36
JYJ 35
Liquid`Ret 34
sorry 30
ToSsGirL 28
Bale 22
zelot 19
Trap 17
Rock 14
Sacsri 12
Terrorterran 11
Dota 2
Gorgc8191
qojqva2109
Dendi791
420jenkins180
Counter-Strike
fl0m1173
Fnx 754
x6flipin676
edward60
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes5228
Other Games
singsing1527
B2W.Neo954
byalli500
Khaldor434
Lowko361
Mlord322
DeMusliM199
Liquid`VortiX168
ceh9162
KnowMe132
ArmadaUGS114
Trikslyr43
BRAT_OK 24
Railgan6
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV218
BasetradeTV200
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream177
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH162
• StrangeGG 66
• mYiSmile119
• Kozan
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• intothetv
• IndyKCrew
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 24
• FirePhoenix10
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV352
League of Legends
• Nemesis2691
• Jankos1776
• TFBlade742
Other Games
• Shiphtur169
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
8h 9m
Kung Fu Cup
19h 9m
The PondCast
1d 18h
OSC
1d 21h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.