• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:42
CEST 20:42
KST 03:42
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
MLB/Baseball 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8522 users

Mechanical Keyboard Guide - Page 87

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 85 86 87 88 89 383 Next
Blaec
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia4289 Posts
February 01 2012 07:56 GMT
#1721
On February 01 2012 03:56 mTwTT1 wrote:
quick question, my past 2 keyboards(noppoo + realforce 86u now) arnt registering a specific type of shift deselect function, shift deselect works fine whenever i have my units on move command, however whenever i do this input sequence > hold shift > move units to x spot > shift attack an area > shift deselect doesnt work.. it just locks up and i cant remove any units from my hotkey group

has anyone else experienced this problem? i remember this function working on my ss 6gv2


Just tested it and got the same result. It doesn't seem to be a keyboard problem, but a starcraft one.

Once you shift attack it stays in attack mode until you release shift, even if you release A.
TT1
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada10086 Posts
February 01 2012 12:08 GMT
#1722
hmmm thats odd, must be a bug that occured during one of the patchs
ab = tl(i) + tl(pc), the grand answer to every tl.net debate
Womb
Profile Joined May 2011
68 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-02 23:35:25
February 02 2012 23:35 GMT
#1723
Ok. I got my SS 7g keyboard. However when I plug the ps2 adapter into my motherbard's, it doesn't work. Howeverr if i use the usb to ps2 adapter it does. Do I need to use the ps2 adapter? Don't I lost features if I don't.
sherpaUK
Profile Joined February 2012
United Kingdom3 Posts
February 03 2012 00:07 GMT
#1724
Hi all,

Was wondering if you guys could recommend me a mechanical keyboard! Requirements:

- Available in the UK
- Looks like a normal keyboard (no funky Cyborg ones)
- Flexible with price (preferably around £80, but can go low £100s)
- Switch that works best with Dota (~150apm, some double clicking)- browns or blacks?

Thanks!
Bigtony
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States1606 Posts
February 03 2012 00:16 GMT
#1725
On February 03 2012 09:07 sherpaUK wrote:
Hi all,

Was wondering if you guys could recommend me a mechanical keyboard! Requirements:

- Available in the UK
- Looks like a normal keyboard (no funky Cyborg ones)
- Flexible with price (preferably around £80, but can go low £100s)
- Switch that works best with Dota (~150apm, some double clicking)- browns or blacks?

Thanks!


http://elitekeyboards.com/products.php?sub=leopold,fullsize&pid=fc500rtab

^ this is what I have and so far I love it to death. Clicks but not insanely noisy.

They definitely ship to the UK, but I'm not sure of cost.
Push 2 Harder
Boblhead
Profile Joined August 2010
United States2577 Posts
February 03 2012 00:29 GMT
#1726
uh Keyboardco is based UK and they have filcos for £105 Browns probably best for Dota.

keyboardco.com
sherpaUK
Profile Joined February 2012
United Kingdom3 Posts
February 03 2012 00:51 GMT
#1727
Thekeyboardco are pretty sneaky and show prices excluding tax. With tax they're £120, website doesn't say how much delivery is...
slytown
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Korea (South)1411 Posts
February 03 2012 01:08 GMT
#1728
On February 03 2012 09:51 sherpaUK wrote:
Thekeyboardco are pretty sneaky and show prices excluding tax. With tax they're £120, website doesn't say how much delivery is...



It clearly shows "ex. VAT" at the top. Maybe you should be less lazy? If ur willing to pay the high price for a Filco you shouldn't be too discouraged by the taxes on it.
The best Flash meme ever: http://imgur.com/zquoK
Hoodlum
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States350 Posts
February 03 2012 01:21 GMT
#1729
I bought my keyboard from amazon.com, the daskeyboard and I highly recommend it, It's noisy but if you don't mind that then this keyboard is really great.
xO gaming owner
slytown
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Korea (South)1411 Posts
February 03 2012 03:19 GMT
#1730
On February 03 2012 10:21 Hoodlum wrote:
I bought my keyboard from amazon.com, the daskeyboard and I highly recommend it, It's noisy but if you don't mind that then this keyboard is really great.


They're suppossed to be, whether you got the blue switches or not. I really wish Das wouldn't call their brown boards "silent" but marketing will always overcome.
The best Flash meme ever: http://imgur.com/zquoK
Imbajoe
Profile Joined September 2010
United States857 Posts
February 03 2012 08:05 GMT
#1731
Hey guys, popping in to give a big thanks to the contributors of this thread. After multiple months of looking around and with my previous keyboards finally kicking the bucket, I ultimately settled on a filco brand keyboard with cherry mx brown switches (was really torn between the das and filco brands, went with filco because I decided the glossy top finish on the das would be too troublesome.) I was a bit worried that the thing would arrive in the mail and I would end up with a $100+ keyboard that wasn't to my picky specifications (small feel things you have to experience to know like key height, texture of the key caps, etc), however what I got in the mail end up being a better fit than I could have imagined. The feel of the keys and board are perfect, the keyboard itself is nicely weighted and extremely resistant to movement. And typing with it feels fine (my previous keyboard was old and had a great feel to it, so switching to this new board wasn't a large jump in quality as far as this goes.) Really happy about the keyboard and worth the money spent.
i wear a kitten scarf
semantics
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
10040 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-03 08:26:32
February 03 2012 08:22 GMT
#1732
On February 03 2012 12:19 slytown wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 03 2012 10:21 Hoodlum wrote:
I bought my keyboard from amazon.com, the daskeyboard and I highly recommend it, It's noisy but if you don't mind that then this keyboard is really great.


They're suppossed to be, whether you got the blue switches or not. I really wish Das wouldn't call their brown boards "silent" but marketing will always overcome.

yeah lol browns are quite loud compared to a rubber dome, blacks would be one of the quieter ones and that even with hard o-rings or soft landing pads it's still noticeably louder.Although that may have to do with pitch more then dba. But marketing ppl spout random stuff to sell products, such as mechanical switches being ergonomic... when rts injury dealing with keyboards come from bad hand position meaning the keys mean next to nothing, ergonomics have much more to do with how you type, and ergonomic keyboards force you to type in ways that is least harmful given bad behaviors, same deal with mice.
Blaec
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia4289 Posts
February 03 2012 08:32 GMT
#1733
On February 03 2012 08:35 Womb wrote:
Ok. I got my SS 7g keyboard. However when I plug the ps2 adapter into my motherbard's, it doesn't work. Howeverr if i use the usb to ps2 adapter it does. Do I need to use the ps2 adapter? Don't I lost features if I don't.


I don't really understand, but lets see if I can answer anyway.

If your keyboard is ultimately going into the ps2 port on the motherboard (doesn't matter how, what adaptors etc) then you will have access to NKRO. This means you can press all the keys at the same time and it will register.

If its over USB it will register less, either a minimum of 6 or 2 (not sure about 7g). But you cannont hotplug on ps2 and any polling benefits of ps2 are marginal at best. So USB is fine for the majority of situations.
You can test the amount of keys you can press with this

Apparently ps2 ports do not get much testing on motherboard these days, so its possible yours might not work.

On February 03 2012 09:07 sherpaUK wrote:
Hi all,

Was wondering if you guys could recommend me a mechanical keyboard! Requirements:

- Available in the UK
- Looks like a normal keyboard (no funky Cyborg ones)
- Flexible with price (preferably around £80, but can go low £100s)
- Switch that works best with Dota (~150apm, some double clicking)- browns or blacks?

Thanks!


Dunno about keyboards in the UK, someone else can help with that.
But imo blacks are best for dota. Heavy switches mean less mistakes, and accidentally triggering your ulti can be game losing in dota. But blacks are just what I use, totally personal opinion, so pick what you think will be best.
Honeybadger
Profile Joined August 2010
United States821 Posts
February 03 2012 09:40 GMT
#1734
I have a BlackWidow Ultimate, which I adore. I love all its features, and I bought it for the tactile feedback + backlight.

but I have run into a problem... When my girlfriend stays over, she goes to bed early. Which is bad news, since compy is in room, and the audible clicks are abhorrently loud to her. We're getting a place together soon, so you can see the problem.

I was wondering if it was possible to simply change the switches in the board to tactile, silent keys as in the ultimate stealth? Without any cutting. Non-tactile is okay too, but the little "tick" in your fingers I LOVE.

And if not, is anyone interested in a -flawless,- under a year old (looks perfect and new, will pull and clean in and around every key) BWU for $90 plus shipping? So I can buy the stealth version...
"I like to tape my thumbs to my hands to see what it would be like to be a dinosaur."
Blaec
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia4289 Posts
February 03 2012 09:47 GMT
#1735
On February 03 2012 18:40 Honeybadger wrote:
I have a BlackWidow Ultimate, which I adore. I love all its features, and I bought it for the tactile feedback + backlight.

but I have run into a problem... When my girlfriend stays over, she goes to bed early. Which is bad news, since compy is in room, and the audible clicks are abhorrently loud to her. We're getting a place together soon, so you can see the problem.

I was wondering if it was possible to simply change the switches in the board to tactile, silent keys as in the ultimate stealth? Without any cutting. Non-tactile is okay too, but the little "tick" in your fingers I LOVE.

And if not, is anyone interested in a -flawless,- under a year old (looks perfect and new, will pull and clean in and around every key) BWU for $90 plus shipping? So I can buy the stealth version...


Its possible but not easy, have to pull it apart, buy new switches and then put them in (I think this involves soldering, check geekhack if you are interested).
Buying a different backlit keyboard is probably the best option
maoiste
Profile Joined March 2011
Germany20 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-03 10:41:37
February 03 2012 10:20 GMT
#1736
Boblhead
Profile Joined August 2010
United States2577 Posts
February 03 2012 21:06 GMT
#1737
On February 03 2012 18:40 Honeybadger wrote:
I have a BlackWidow Ultimate, which I adore. I love all its features, and I bought it for the tactile feedback + backlight.

but I have run into a problem... When my girlfriend stays over, she goes to bed early. Which is bad news, since compy is in room, and the audible clicks are abhorrently loud to her. We're getting a place together soon, so you can see the problem.

I was wondering if it was possible to simply change the switches in the board to tactile, silent keys as in the ultimate stealth? Without any cutting. Non-tactile is okay too, but the little "tick" in your fingers I LOVE.

And if not, is anyone interested in a -flawless,- under a year old (looks perfect and new, will pull and clean in and around every key) BWU for $90 plus shipping? So I can buy the stealth version...

your better off throwing it in your closet, and getting a keyboard with reds/blacks and putting some o-rings on it to make them even quieter.

@ Blaec replacing that many switches would cost more than the board itself. $5.99 per switch replacing all the switches would be costly. He would be better off getting a new keyboard, and attempting to sell his BW, but I doubt anyone would buy it -_-;;;.....

Recommended boards
Standard keyboard layout available in Black,Red, Brown, $99-119.99
Leopold
Rosewill RK-9000
Ducky 1008

Backlit keyboards available in Black,Brown, Red $129-160
Noppoo Choc Pro
Ducky Shine
LanTAs
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1091 Posts
February 03 2012 22:50 GMT
#1738
On February 03 2012 08:35 Womb wrote:
Ok. I got my SS 7g keyboard. However when I plug the ps2 adapter into my motherbard's, it doesn't work. Howeverr if i use the usb to ps2 adapter it does. Do I need to use the ps2 adapter? Don't I lost features if I don't.


Turn off the comp, plug in PS2 to USB, then turn on comp

dont you dare to pull out that PS2 when the comp is on or you might fry the mobo worst case scenario
semantics
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
10040 Posts
February 03 2012 23:11 GMT
#1739
On February 04 2012 07:50 LanTAs wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 03 2012 08:35 Womb wrote:
Ok. I got my SS 7g keyboard. However when I plug the ps2 adapter into my motherbard's, it doesn't work. Howeverr if i use the usb to ps2 adapter it does. Do I need to use the ps2 adapter? Don't I lost features if I don't.


Turn off the comp, plug in PS2 to USB, then turn on comp

dont you dare to pull out that PS2 when the comp is on or you might fry the mobo worst case scenario

Never has been a report of ps/2 frying a mobo, at worst irregular contacts can lead to the ps/2 port itself slowly killing itself over a month or two. Either way you don't want to hot-plug a ps/2 device in windows at least it will lead to the device not working properly until you either put the machine into stand-by or reboot. Ideally you want to turn it off the plug such legacy ports, but you can also just put the machine into stand-by and plug it in to a similar effect.
SnipedSoul
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada2158 Posts
February 03 2012 23:22 GMT
#1740
I got my Leopold MX Black tenkeyless board today. Holy crap this thing owns! I love the way the keys feel compared to my old membrane board. Totally worth the money already.
Prev 1 85 86 87 88 89 383 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
16:00
#65
RotterdaM883
TaKeTV 339
TKL 338
IndyStarCraft 221
BRAT_OK 124
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 883
TKL 338
IndyStarCraft 221
MaxPax 166
BRAT_OK 124
UpATreeSC 89
JuggernautJason22
EmSc Tv 19
MindelVK 17
Nathanias 3
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 714
ggaemo 173
White-Ra 137
firebathero 113
910 58
Barracks 51
Hyun 35
Trap 27
Killer 23
Bale 22
[ Show more ]
ToSsGirL 21
soO 15
Shine 14
yabsab 10
Dota 2
qojqva4198
Counter-Strike
Fnx 794
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby7816
crisheroes1871
Liquid`Hasu1543
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi3824
singsing1445
Beastyqt747
ceh9684
B2W.Neo449
ArmadaUGS150
C9.Mang0146
KnowMe96
Trikslyr50
shahzam0
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream373
Other Games
BasetradeTV199
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 19
EmSc2Tv 19
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 92
• Reevou 8
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 15
• FirePhoenix14
• Azhi_Dahaki10
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2466
• TFBlade907
Other Games
• Shiphtur296
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
15h 19m
Afreeca Starleague
15h 19m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 5h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 16h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.