• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:24
CEST 08:24
KST 15:24
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon102Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10809 users

Mechanical Keyboard Guide - Page 83

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 81 82 83 84 85 383 Next
Womb
Profile Joined May 2011
68 Posts
January 26 2012 11:18 GMT
#1641
I like pressing the keys all the way down and don't like tactile(sp) feedback. I plan to buy a steelseries gs6v2 (i think is the model) it has cherry mx black keyswitches. Would this be the correct model for me? THis will also be my first mechanical keyboard. My concern is, is black bad for the first mechanical keyboard? I need to know this / get opinions as I can't try before I buy.
Shikyo
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Finland33997 Posts
January 26 2012 13:33 GMT
#1642
On January 26 2012 18:55 landaishan wrote:
i have a filco blue switch and a tt meka g1 black switch and theyre both amazing. i cant decide which one i like best although the black does seem much better for gaming.

anyone that claims blacks are too heavy or tiring or whatever needs to start lifting some weights

Lifting weights with your pinky fingers? o_o
League of Legends EU West, Platinum III | Yousei Teikoku is the best thing that has ever happened to music.
gruff
Profile Joined September 2010
Sweden2276 Posts
January 26 2012 13:53 GMT
#1643
[image loading]
Denique
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Finland42 Posts
January 26 2012 14:30 GMT
#1644
Just about to order a Qpad MK-50.

It's not as heavy as a 6Gv2 so I'm a bit affraid if it's completely of plastic, if anyone knows of the build quality or that is it slippery on desk surface.. would love to hear about it (6Gv2 seems sturdy.. which would be good).
MHT
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden1026 Posts
January 26 2012 14:32 GMT
#1645
Ok I found a solution to my problem, basically what I didn't like about Blue switches was the noise and therefore couldn't buy a standard blackwidow. Other than that id actually prefer blues instead of reds since I tend to miss alot and their supposedly good for RTS. Still I think brown would have been optimal.

So anyway I found these noise reduction pads http://www.maxfps.se/product_view.aspx?productid=4174. By the sounds of it they seem to reduce the noise quite a bit (acceptable levels). Only concern is how they affect the keys function like bottom-out earlier and mess something up. Anyone tried these and know how they feel?
Tansu
Profile Joined January 2012
Finland63 Posts
January 26 2012 15:00 GMT
#1646
On January 26 2012 23:32 MHT wrote:
Ok I found a solution to my problem, basically what I didn't like about Blue switches was the noise and therefore couldn't buy a standard blackwidow. Other than that id actually prefer blues instead of reds since I tend to miss alot and their supposedly good for RTS. Still I think brown would have been optimal.

So anyway I found these noise reduction pads http://www.maxfps.se/product_view.aspx?productid=4174. By the sounds of it they seem to reduce the noise quite a bit (acceptable levels). Only concern is how they affect the keys function like bottom-out earlier and mess something up. Anyone tried these and know how they feel?

Why would someone prefer blue switches to red? I used blackwidow a day and I decided to return it today. So terrible for gaming. You just can't double-tab with them.
DalaiLameR
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
16 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-26 15:11:24
January 26 2012 15:04 GMT
#1647
I'd get some O-Rings instead of the landing pads. They are much more durable and you can get them incredibly cheap at geekhacks classisfieds section or at wasdkeyboards.com

video of the effect of o-rings from wasdkeyboards

I'm using them myself and they are pretty much completly silencing your keyboard and reduce the keytravel about 1mm to 3mm (4mm standard keytravel and actuationpoint at 2mm). You basically just "lose" 1 of the 2mms of its "unnessecary" keytravel after the actuation point.
They are a great mod to prevent hand/finger fatigue and make spamming apm much faster (less keytravel) and easier.

Definately recommended!
tapk69
Profile Joined January 2011
Portugal264 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-26 15:21:10
January 26 2012 15:11 GMT
#1648
Heres a pic of the nicest SS 6gv2 : mine.. =P

[image loading]

Inspired by true events

ja foste
isleyofthenorth
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Austria894 Posts
January 26 2012 15:30 GMT
#1649
On January 26 2012 22:33 Shikyo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 26 2012 18:55 landaishan wrote:
i have a filco blue switch and a tt meka g1 black switch and theyre both amazing. i cant decide which one i like best although the black does seem much better for gaming.

anyone that claims blacks are too heavy or tiring or whatever needs to start lifting some weights

Lifting weights with your pinky fingers? o_o


well i play some piano so maybe my pinky MIGHT be stronger than an average one. but blacks or clears(the ones i use) requiring too much force to be comfortable in long sessions seems utterly ridiculous. why would anyone need reds that rarely actuate if you rest your fingers on the keyboard(for me at least)
yvay
Profile Joined June 2011
5 Posts
January 26 2012 16:06 GMT
#1650
How lighter do reds feel compared to blacks in your experience? Is there a very significant difference?
Slardar
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada7596 Posts
January 26 2012 16:08 GMT
#1651
On January 27 2012 00:11 tapk69 wrote:
Heres a pic of the nicest SS 6gv2 : mine.. =P

[image loading]

Inspired by true events




DAMN that is a nice keyboard........I'm thinking of doing the same.

Kind of an amateur question but what would you guys recommend for gaming out of these 2?

A)Razer Blackwidow Keyboard
B)Steelseries 6GV2 Keyboard

Also do either of these boards have switches and or will compare to the feel of a mechanical keyboard?
tapk69
Profile Joined January 2011
Portugal264 Posts
January 26 2012 16:23 GMT
#1652
my SS has black switches, that do not click when the key registers , the blackwidow has blue switches that make a click sound when the key registers.

I play FPS and Sc2 more casually , i prefer the black for FPS but for SC2 maybe you will prefer blues , you really have to click on them to hear the sound and feel the touch of the keyboard.

Price-wise i payed 70 euros for the SS and the blackwidow costs 80 euros so there its not a sizeable difference unless you go for the blackwidow ultimate that has leds and costs 130 euros moreless..
ja foste
Depetrify
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
978 Posts
January 26 2012 16:23 GMT
#1653
On January 27 2012 01:08 Slardar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 27 2012 00:11 tapk69 wrote:
Heres a pic of the nicest SS 6gv2 : mine.. =P

[image loading]

Inspired by true events




DAMN that is a nice keyboard........I'm thinking of doing the same.

Kind of an amateur question but what would you guys recommend for gaming out of these 2?

A)Razer Blackwidow Keyboard
B)Steelseries 6GV2 Keyboard

Also do either of these boards have switches and or will compare to the feel of a mechanical keyboard?


Blackwidow has Cherry Blues, not sure what 6GV2 has.. google :O
yvay
Profile Joined June 2011
5 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-26 16:29:52
January 26 2012 16:28 GMT
#1654
On January 27 2012 01:08 Slardar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 27 2012 00:11 tapk69 wrote:
Heres a pic of the nicest SS 6gv2 : mine.. =P

[image loading]

Inspired by true events




DAMN that is a nice keyboard........I'm thinking of doing the same.

Kind of an amateur question but what would you guys recommend for gaming out of these 2?

A)Razer Blackwidow Keyboard
B)Steelseries 6GV2 Keyboard

Also do either of these boards have switches and or will compare to the feel of a mechanical keyboard?

Both of them are mechanical keyboards.

Comparision:
- 6gv2 has 6kro through usb / nkro through ps2
- blackwidow has 2kro with 'optimized gaming matrix'
- 6gv2 is smaller than blackwidow
- 6gv2 has cherry black switches
- blackwidow has cherry blue switches
- blackwidow has glossy plastic
- blackwidow has software handled macros
- 6gv2 has a non standard layout (big enter key, small right shift, etc.)
- 6gv2 doesn't have left windows key, it's replaced with a key that cannot be rebind
- 6gv2 media keys are uncomfortable to use and lack a 'Stop' key
Depetrify
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
978 Posts
January 26 2012 16:35 GMT
#1655
http://elitekeyboards.com/products.php?sub=leopold,tenkeyless&pid=fc200rrabn or http://elitekeyboards.com/products.php?sub=topre_keyboards,rftenkeyless&pid=rf_se1900... hmm....

I hear mixed reviews about the topres, and they're supposedly not really made to be a gaming keyboard. But if you get an equally weighted one I bet it would be fine....... hmmmmmmm............... I really don't care how well they type I just want it to be good for SC2.

Are WASD keyboards good quality or just really customizable?

Filco or leopold?
DJFaqU
Profile Joined May 2011
466 Posts
January 26 2012 16:51 GMT
#1656
On January 27 2012 00:00 Tansu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 26 2012 23:32 MHT wrote:
Ok I found a solution to my problem, basically what I didn't like about Blue switches was the noise and therefore couldn't buy a standard blackwidow. Other than that id actually prefer blues instead of reds since I tend to miss alot and their supposedly good for RTS. Still I think brown would have been optimal.

So anyway I found these noise reduction pads http://www.maxfps.se/product_view.aspx?productid=4174. By the sounds of it they seem to reduce the noise quite a bit (acceptable levels). Only concern is how they affect the keys function like bottom-out earlier and mess something up. Anyone tried these and know how they feel?

Why would someone prefer blue switches to red? I used blackwidow a day and I decided to return it today. So terrible for gaming. You just can't double-tab with them.


I disagree.
MHT
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden1026 Posts
January 26 2012 17:04 GMT
#1657
On January 27 2012 00:04 DalaiLameR wrote:
I'd get some O-Rings instead of the landing pads. They are much more durable and you can get them incredibly cheap at geekhacks classisfieds section or at wasdkeyboards.com

video of the effect of o-rings from wasdkeyboards

I'm using them myself and they are pretty much completly silencing your keyboard and reduce the keytravel about 1mm to 3mm (4mm standard keytravel and actuationpoint at 2mm). You basically just "lose" 1 of the 2mms of its "unnessecary" keytravel after the actuation point.
They are a great mod to prevent hand/finger fatigue and make spamming apm much faster (less keytravel) and easier.

Definately recommended!

That's what I was first looking for but no one in Sweden sells them, would rather not import with all the hassle involved,159kr ain't much. But if these actually improve the keys then ill definitely go for them.
velocitygirl
Profile Joined September 2010
United Kingdom64 Posts
January 26 2012 17:23 GMT
#1658
On January 27 2012 01:35 Depetrify wrote:
http://elitekeyboards.com/products.php?sub=leopold,tenkeyless&pid=fc200rrabn or http://elitekeyboards.com/products.php?sub=topre_keyboards,rftenkeyless&pid=rf_se1900... hmm....

I hear mixed reviews about the topres, and they're supposedly not really made to be a gaming keyboard. But if you get an equally weighted one I bet it would be fine....... hmmmmmmm............... I really don't care how well they type I just want it to be good for SC2.

Are WASD keyboards good quality or just really customizable?

Filco or leopold?


I'd get whichever is easier; there's little real difference between the Leopold and Filco keyboards. Some like Leopolds, some like Filco. I'm leaning towards Filco a bit, but it's a real close race either way.
Team Acer Editor-in-Chief | @AcerWill
Boblhead
Profile Joined August 2010
United States2577 Posts
January 26 2012 19:02 GMT
#1659
On January 27 2012 01:35 Depetrify wrote:
http://elitekeyboards.com/products.php?sub=leopold,tenkeyless&pid=fc200rrabn or http://elitekeyboards.com/products.php?sub=topre_keyboards,rftenkeyless&pid=rf_se1900... hmm....

I hear mixed reviews about the topres, and they're supposedly not really made to be a gaming keyboard. But if you get an equally weighted one I bet it would be fine....... hmmmmmmm............... I really don't care how well they type I just want it to be good for SC2.

Are WASD keyboards good quality or just really customizable?

Filco or leopold?


I associate topres with typing enthusiasts for someone who is on the computer for 10-12 hours a day. as for availability depends on where you live. If you live in US/CA then leopolds are by far cheaper to get as well as to ship. Filcos are harder to get in the US because theres really only 1 company selling them and thats keyboardco which overseas shipping plus conversion rate is killer T_T.. Filco is obviously I would say a top board, but for someone who owns several leopolds I would say its a step under. you could order a Rosewill which is a board that uses a filco controller for the board, and its manufactured by the same company as filco. Its either way really, spend $150 + shipping so another 30-50 shipping. Or pay $100 and spend 30-40 shipping. Unless you by used then thats a whole other ballpark.

On January 27 2012 01:06 Rave- wrote:
How lighter do reds feel compared to blacks in your experience? Is there a very significant difference?


when you touch type it feels like your on a fluffy cloud, your hands don't wear out as fast as blacks. And after typing a 8-10 page paper, i still have enough energy to play some sc2!

Uranium
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1077 Posts
January 26 2012 19:16 GMT
#1660
I got the Corsair Vengeance K90 a few months ago. It's their new mechanical keyboard with MX Reds. So far I love it. All-aluminum construction is solid as a rock and looks great. The keys are very responsive and not too loud since they're Reds. The only downside is that the F and macro keys are rubber dome :/ But I don't use those keys much anyway so I am pleased with it.

The reason I got this keyboard in particular is that it's the only mechanical keyboard with full backlighting and Reds. It has nice media controls and macro functionality too. I love it!
"Sentry imba! You see? YOU SEE??!!" - Sen | "Marauder die die!" - oGsMC | "Oh my god, she texted me back!" - Day[9]
Prev 1 81 82 83 84 85 383 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 181
StarCraft: Brood War
soO 523
hero 471
BeSt 267
Mind 32
Bale 21
Terrorterran 15
Noble 13
ZergMaN 9
yabsab 8
Icarus 5
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1128
League of Legends
JimRising 634
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King130
Other Games
summit1g9485
Livibee45
ArmadaUGS35
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick514
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 6
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH360
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2278
League of Legends
• Rush1245
• Stunt455
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
3h 36m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
4h 36m
Monday Night Weeklies
9h 36m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 3h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 3h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 17h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.