• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:42
CEST 20:42
KST 03:42
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
MLB/Baseball 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8582 users

Mechanical Keyboard Guide - Page 84

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 82 83 84 85 86 383 Next
Shikyo
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Finland33997 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-26 19:21:40
January 26 2012 19:17 GMT
#1661
On January 27 2012 00:30 isleyofthenorth wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 26 2012 22:33 Shikyo wrote:
On January 26 2012 18:55 landaishan wrote:
i have a filco blue switch and a tt meka g1 black switch and theyre both amazing. i cant decide which one i like best although the black does seem much better for gaming.

anyone that claims blacks are too heavy or tiring or whatever needs to start lifting some weights

Lifting weights with your pinky fingers? o_o


well i play some piano so maybe my pinky MIGHT be stronger than an average one. but blacks or clears(the ones i use) requiring too much force to be comfortable in long sessions seems utterly ridiculous. why would anyone need reds that rarely actuate if you rest your fingers on the keyboard(for me at least)

I've not used blacks, though my pinkies tire using membrane keyboards if I type at the normal 100+ wpm speed for over like 2 minutes or so, a problem which has completely disappeared after I got my realforce. Of course blacks are probably better than membrane keys but the difference in stiffness is only something like 5g from my measuring


On January 27 2012 01:35 Depetrify wrote:
http://elitekeyboards.com/products.php?sub=leopold,tenkeyless&pid=fc200rrabn or http://elitekeyboards.com/products.php?sub=topre_keyboards,rftenkeyless&pid=rf_se1900... hmm....

I hear mixed reviews about the topres, and they're supposedly not really made to be a gaming keyboard. But if you get an equally weighted one I bet it would be fine....... hmmmmmmm............... I really don't care how well they type I just want it to be good for SC2.

Are WASD keyboards good quality or just really customizable?

Filco or leopold?

Topre's definitely not a gaming keyboard in the sense that they have a total of 0 features and the alternating force layout is obviously for mainly typing, however in my opinion even the alternating force one is really good for gaming even though I believe that it'd be better to buy the equal force board if you plan on doing gaming.

Leopold boards are good quality
League of Legends EU West, Platinum III | Yousei Teikoku is the best thing that has ever happened to music.
slytown
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Korea (South)1411 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-27 09:00:43
January 26 2012 21:40 GMT
#1662
On January 27 2012 04:17 Shikyo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 27 2012 00:30 isleyofthenorth wrote:
On January 26 2012 22:33 Shikyo wrote:
On January 26 2012 18:55 landaishan wrote:
i have a filco blue switch and a tt meka g1 black switch and theyre both amazing. i cant decide which one i like best although the black does seem much better for gaming.

anyone that claims blacks are too heavy or tiring or whatever needs to start lifting some weights

Lifting weights with your pinky fingers? o_o


well i play some piano so maybe my pinky MIGHT be stronger than an average one. but blacks or clears(the ones i use) requiring too much force to be comfortable in long sessions seems utterly ridiculous. why would anyone need reds that rarely actuate if you rest your fingers on the keyboard(for me at least)

I've not used blacks, though my pinkies tire using membrane keyboards if I type at the normal 100+ wpm speed for over like 2 minutes or so, a problem which has completely disappeared after I got my realforce. Of course blacks are probably better than membrane keys but the difference in stiffness is only something like 5g from my measuring


Show nested quote +
On January 27 2012 01:35 Depetrify wrote:
http://elitekeyboards.com/products.php?sub=leopold,tenkeyless&pid=fc200rrabn or http://elitekeyboards.com/products.php?sub=topre_keyboards,rftenkeyless&pid=rf_se1900... hmm....

I hear mixed reviews about the topres, and they're supposedly not really made to be a gaming keyboard. But if you get an equally weighted one I bet it would be fine....... hmmmmmmm............... I really don't care how well they type I just want it to be good for SC2.

Are WASD keyboards good quality or just really customizable?

Filco or leopold?

Topre's definitely not a gaming keyboard in the sense that they have a total of 0 features and the alternating force layout is obviously for mainly typing, however in my opinion even the alternating force one is really good for gaming even though I believe that it'd be better to buy the equal force board if you plan on doing gaming.

Leopold boards are good quality


Especially the Happy Hacking Pro 2. I think I would need the function keys at the top for RTS, but I still really want one. I would probably just use it for typing and it's such a small form factor you can put it right above ur gaming keyboard.
The best Flash meme ever: http://imgur.com/zquoK
Shinshin
Profile Joined November 2009
United States106 Posts
January 27 2012 01:32 GMT
#1663
Are there any storefronts that sells Filco's or Ducky's?
Boblhead
Profile Joined August 2010
United States2577 Posts
January 27 2012 03:13 GMT
#1664
On January 27 2012 10:32 Shinshin wrote:
Are there any storefronts that sells Filco's or Ducky's?

negative.
tuho12345
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
4482 Posts
January 27 2012 03:16 GMT
#1665
On January 26 2012 17:42 Depetrify wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 26 2012 17:11 tuho12345 wrote:
[image loading]
Not bad?



Moar info? XD

on Geekhack couple months ago I think, friend of mine sold it to me from Asia.
slytown
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Korea (South)1411 Posts
January 27 2012 08:59 GMT
#1666
On January 27 2012 12:16 tuho12345 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 26 2012 17:42 Depetrify wrote:
On January 26 2012 17:11 tuho12345 wrote:
[image loading]
Not bad?



Moar info? XD

on Geekhack couple months ago I think, friend of mine sold it to me from Asia.


He means what board. Looks like Filco to me.
The best Flash meme ever: http://imgur.com/zquoK
Glenn313
Profile Joined August 2011
United States475 Posts
January 27 2012 16:26 GMT
#1667
Got a Ducky DK9008G2-B. Happy with it since it has USB N-Key rollover. ( my computer doesn't have any PS/2 plugs T_T )
Hey man
landaishan
Profile Joined March 2010
Australia104 Posts
January 27 2012 19:59 GMT
#1668
On January 26 2012 22:33 Shikyo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 26 2012 18:55 landaishan wrote:
i have a filco blue switch and a tt meka g1 black switch and theyre both amazing. i cant decide which one i like best although the black does seem much better for gaming.

anyone that claims blacks are too heavy or tiring or whatever needs to start lifting some weights

Lifting weights with your pinky fingers? o_o


i think deadlifting and chinups will suffice.
courage mateship sacrifice endurance
Depetrify
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
978 Posts
January 28 2012 09:44 GMT
#1669
http://www.amazon.com/Filco-Majestouch-2-Tenkeyless-FKBN87M-EMU2/dp/B005J936EY/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1327743590&sr=1-1-fkmr0

http://www.amazon.com/Majestouch-2-Tenkeyless-Tactile-Keyboard-FKBN87M/dp/B0060J3WSW/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1327743590&sr=1-2-fkmr0

http://elitekeyboards.com/products.php?sub=leopold,tenkeyless&pid=fc200rtabn

OR Zowie Keyboard?

Only for SC2, I don't care if it types badly. I want the function keys in good position and good quality of course.

Or something else? o.o

Can't decide between red and brown switches...
asseT
Profile Joined June 2010
United Kingdom31 Posts
January 28 2012 10:42 GMT
#1670
Hey guys, looking to purchase a mech keyboard and this will be my first one so I kinda stuck for ideas on what keyboard to get I've been looking at Leopold, filco and ducky keyboards And i'm not sure on what keyboard to get what would you guys recommend? btw its kinda hard to find Filco keyboards that deliver to UK

(also I want Cherry Red's)
Revival~~~~
Leetley
Profile Joined October 2010
1796 Posts
January 28 2012 12:41 GMT
#1671
Can't decide between red and brown switches...

I really, really recommend that you would go for browns, since the tactile feel is really good for RTS. Leopold and Filco keyboards have amazing build quality, so it will mostly come to that if you want to save some money or what looks will you prefer.

Hey guys, looking to purchase a mech keyboard and this will be my first one so I kinda stuck for ideas on what keyboard to get I've been looking at Leopold, filco and ducky keyboards And i'm not sure on what keyboard to get what would you guys recommend? btw its kinda hard to find Filco keyboards that deliver to UK

(also I want Cherry Red's)

Tenkeyless: http://elitekeyboards.com/products.php?sub=leopold,tenkeyless&pid=fc200rrab

Fullsize: http://elitekeyboards.com/products.php?sub=leopold,fullsize&pid=fc500rrab

I recommend these since they are super value for your money.
Sriver
Profile Joined January 2011
19 Posts
January 28 2012 13:08 GMT
#1672
On January 28 2012 19:42 asseT wrote:
Hey guys, looking to purchase a mech keyboard and this will be my first one so I kinda stuck for ideas on what keyboard to get I've been looking at Leopold, filco and ducky keyboards And i'm not sure on what keyboard to get what would you guys recommend? btw its kinda hard to find Filco keyboards that deliver to UK

(also I want Cherry Red's)

http://www.keyboardco.com/ are based in UK and also have Cherry reds.
Sriver
Profile Joined January 2011
19 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-28 16:33:30
January 28 2012 13:08 GMT
#1673
EDIT: double post
asseT
Profile Joined June 2010
United Kingdom31 Posts
January 28 2012 13:56 GMT
#1674
Do Noppoo make good keyboards? considering buying one them
Revival~~~~
Son of Gnome
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States777 Posts
January 29 2012 01:10 GMT
#1675
On January 28 2012 22:56 asseT wrote:
Do Noppoo make good keyboards? considering buying one them

Yeah they are good
Whatever happens, happens
Boblhead
Profile Joined August 2010
United States2577 Posts
January 29 2012 03:41 GMT
#1676
On January 28 2012 22:56 asseT wrote:
Do Noppoo make good keyboards? considering buying one them

noppoo choc pros are nice especially the backlit ones, my cousin just got one in the mail about 2 weeks ago and its very nice, im actually considering getting the pro backlit version instead of a ducky shine.

noppoo choc minis are also nice, especially for LANs and if your deskspace is limited.


Btw filcos are easier to get and cheaper to get in the UK because keyboardco.com is based in the UK.
Kommatiazo
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States579 Posts
January 29 2012 21:38 GMT
#1677
I'm in desperate need of a new keyboard (using a rubber domed old logitech that the heavy gaming keys, WASD and such, sometimes just don't work or cut out for a second) and I've been shopping around for one to get into the mechanical game for a while so now seems as good a time as any to pick one up.

TL;DR+ Show Spoiler +
Keyboard needs/usage: SC2>BF3>other>typing/generic
Steelseries 6Gv2 or Razer Black Widow? Or another option?


I've done a ton of reading on the overclock.net forums as well as here and anywhere else they post lots of reviews and I'm pretty set on getting either the Steelseries 6Gv2 or the Razer Black Widow. My main motivator is price, with quality coming shortly after. The steelseries offers PS/2 support and thus higher/no KRO, but the black widow is about $20 cheaper, so that's where I'm leaning now.

I've never had a mech keyboard so I don't really know the difference between the blacks (6gv2) and the blues (Black widow), I will be using the board for SC2>BF3>other FPS/similar games>typing/generic use in that order so any opinions there? i THINK (from what I've read about the switches) that the tactile feel and bump of the blues is more my style, rather than the smooth but stiff action of the blacks, but I don't really know since I've never felt them so I'm not holding on to that preconceived notion too tightly. Once again, any opinions or two cent worth of advice for me?

If anyone has any arguments for why I should save a bit more and get the 6Gv2 over the Black widow that would be greatly appreciated. OR, if it is your honest opinion that I'm barking up the wring tree and that I should just wait even longer and get a more expensive board than either of these I'd be glad to hear that advice, especially if you have any recommendations for another board.

Thanks!
"You must enemy don't know, and very good micro" - Bosstoss #Wet4Ret
darr3n
Profile Joined June 2010
101 Posts
January 29 2012 21:47 GMT
#1678
I've ordered the Qpad Mk-50 for 80€ I guess its a good deal with the red's
the black widow isnt that appreciated as to what I've read here.

I will post a simple review of the Qad Mk-50 when its in my hands. But I am new to mechanical keyboards too.
I'm melting
Boblhead
Profile Joined August 2010
United States2577 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-29 21:49:14
January 29 2012 21:48 GMT
#1679
On January 30 2012 06:38 Kommatiazo wrote:



Well the g6v2 has heavy switches and will wear out your hands, thus giving you sore fingertips until you get use to the actuation force. Some people never get used to the force and return the board for another one.

The BW is probably one of the worst build quality boards out there making it soo cheap. If you have a $100 budget for the g6v2 then there are many other boards out there with better build quality.

$100 FC-500 leopolds any of these you can navigate through the website for 10keyless if you want.
http://elitekeyboards.com/products.php?sub=leopold,fullsize

$59 for a very good board, produces as much noise as blues, keys are a little wobbly, but nothing noticable enough to deter you from playing games etc/ $109 are good build quality on par with leopold/filco Ducky 1008
http://tigerimports.net/sunshop/index.php?l=product_list&c=74

$100-119 RK-9000 series
rk9000bl/br/re
Zurachi
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada289 Posts
January 30 2012 00:11 GMT
#1680
I just picked up a Corsair K60 keyboard with cherry mx reds... The red switches are great, but the keyboard itself is very meh. It isn't 100% mechanical and I thought the membrane keys of the keyboard wouldn't bother me, but it does. The keys feel so different compared to the mech keys that it just throws you off and sets off a parade of misclicks. Not to mention, it has literally only been one day and I've already noticed some slight fading on the keys. I could understand a few months, but a DAY? Yeah..... no. I'm returning this keyboard. x.x

@ZurachiTV | www.youtube.com/ZurachiTV | "Satisfaction is the beginning of regression."
Prev 1 82 83 84 85 86 383 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
16:00
#65
RotterdaM883
TaKeTV 339
TKL 338
IndyStarCraft 221
BRAT_OK 124
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 883
TKL 338
IndyStarCraft 221
MaxPax 166
BRAT_OK 124
UpATreeSC 89
JuggernautJason22
EmSc Tv 19
MindelVK 17
Nathanias 3
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 714
ggaemo 173
White-Ra 137
firebathero 113
910 58
Barracks 51
Hyun 35
Trap 27
Killer 23
Bale 22
[ Show more ]
ToSsGirL 21
soO 15
Shine 14
yabsab 10
Dota 2
qojqva4198
Counter-Strike
Fnx 794
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby7816
crisheroes1871
Liquid`Hasu1543
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi3824
singsing1445
Beastyqt747
ceh9684
B2W.Neo449
ArmadaUGS150
C9.Mang0146
KnowMe96
Trikslyr50
shahzam0
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream373
Other Games
BasetradeTV199
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 19
EmSc2Tv 19
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 92
• Reevou 8
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 15
• FirePhoenix14
• Azhi_Dahaki10
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2466
• TFBlade907
Other Games
• Shiphtur296
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
15h 18m
Afreeca Starleague
15h 18m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 5h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 16h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Disclosure: This page contains affiliate marketing links that support TLnet.

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.