• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:36
CEST 02:36
KST 09:36
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War575.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8984 users

Mechanical Keyboard Guide - Page 269

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 267 268 269 270 271 383 Next
Kommatiazo
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States579 Posts
March 28 2013 14:58 GMT
#5361
I'm about to order a Leopold "Otaku" Tenkeyless, MX Browns(FC200RT/AB but non-printed I guess) as a travelling/laptop ready mech keyboard. With shipping it's $112. I've done a lot of shopping around and have experience with mech. keyboards so I know this is what I want, but I just had to be sure and ask you all here if you know of any great deals on a tenkeyless keyboard of comparable/better quality and less $$$? Everything else that I've found and liked more/the same is much higher in price/not tenkeyless or is mini (with a compressed layout, not just chopped at ten key mark)

Note: I am in love with the minimalist aspect of the non-printed, but it is by no means a deal breaker to find a better board for cheaper that has print.
"You must enemy don't know, and very good micro" - Bosstoss #Wet4Ret
Blaec
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia4289 Posts
March 28 2013 15:06 GMT
#5362
On March 28 2013 23:28 ZappaSC wrote:
I just bought the zowie celeritas and have some problems. The spacebar is really really.. hard to press, and dosent react as it should i assume.
its like it does not really fit the board, and dosent have a click to it, like the rest of the keys.


Thats the cherry stabilisers, you can try fix it by lubing it. This link might be some help

On March 28 2013 23:58 Kommatiazo wrote:
I'm about to order a Leopold "Otaku" Tenkeyless, MX Browns(FC200RT/AB but non-printed I guess) as a travelling/laptop ready mech keyboard. With shipping it's $112. I've done a lot of shopping around and have experience with mech. keyboards so I know this is what I want, but I just had to be sure and ask you all here if you know of any great deals on a tenkeyless keyboard of comparable/better quality and less $$$? Everything else that I've found and liked more/the same is much higher in price/not tenkeyless or is mini (with a compressed layout, not just chopped at ten key mark)

Note: I am in love with the minimalist aspect of the non-printed, but it is by no means a deal breaker to find a better board for cheaper that has print.


The CM quickfire rapid or CM quickfire TK might work out cheaper. Or if you can find a new leopold, an fc700. But I dunno how available these are in the US.
RoranRock
Profile Joined October 2011
France294 Posts
March 28 2013 16:25 GMT
#5363
Ducky shine's stabiliser s are costar or cherry ones?
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." Albert Einstein
Sovano
Profile Joined November 2011
United States1503 Posts
March 28 2013 17:32 GMT
#5364
On March 29 2013 01:25 RoranRock wrote:
Ducky shine's stabiliser s are costar or cherry ones?

Cherry.
kinsky
Profile Joined November 2010
Germany368 Posts
March 28 2013 17:38 GMT
#5365
I am thinking about to buy the zowie celeritas. Can anybody tell me something about this keyboard?! pros, cons, problems etc?! Thanks in advance.
Sovano
Profile Joined November 2011
United States1503 Posts
March 28 2013 17:43 GMT
#5366
On March 29 2013 02:38 kinsky wrote:
I am thinking about to buy the zowie celeritas. Can anybody tell me something about this keyboard?! pros, cons, problems etc?! Thanks in advance.

There have already been quite a few posts about it from the previous pages. This may or may not happen to you, but the most common problem is the spacebar becomes "stiff" or "stuck" after a while. It's not a complete deterrent, but some would rather spend their money elsewhere to avoid that possibility.
Blaec
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia4289 Posts
March 28 2013 18:16 GMT
#5367
On March 29 2013 02:43 Sovano wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 29 2013 02:38 kinsky wrote:
I am thinking about to buy the zowie celeritas. Can anybody tell me something about this keyboard?! pros, cons, problems etc?! Thanks in advance.

There have already been quite a few posts about it from the previous pages. This may or may not happen to you, but the most common problem is the spacebar becomes "stiff" or "stuck" after a while. It's not a complete deterrent, but some would rather spend their money elsewhere to avoid that possibility.


Also the key legends get worn pretty quick, but its to be expected at that price.
Doublemint
Profile Joined July 2011
Austria8760 Posts
March 28 2013 19:29 GMT
#5368
On March 29 2013 02:38 kinsky wrote:
I am thinking about to buy the zowie celeritas. Can anybody tell me something about this keyboard?! pros, cons, problems etc?! Thanks in advance.


Got mine about a week ago, that thing is really heavy and seems quite rugged. Neat and precise typing and just a good overall feel. No problems whatsoever up to this point - even though I also read about the problem some have with the spacebar. However, if you expect a little more game gimmicks like macro keys and keys with backlight for that price I would get something else. I am quite happy with that functional approach. Looks good and typing is a pleasure






Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before the fall.
Zess
Profile Joined July 2012
Adun Toridas!9144 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-28 20:41:48
March 28 2013 20:39 GMT
#5369
On March 27 2013 10:09 Havik_ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 26 2013 09:23 RiceAgainst wrote:
Okay, so the Quickfire Rapid (Blues) is about the same price on Amazon as the Rosewill is on Newegg. The only noticeable difference is the QFR is tenkeyless. It's also got media keys but I don't care too much for them. Just wondering, which one has better build quality? Or is the difference so little that it's better to just go with whichever version I like (tenkeyless vs full)?



They're both the Filco OEM (Costar), but the Rosewill has the USB issue which is enough for me to not recommend it. I'd go for the QFR unless you need the numberpad.

RK-9000 with boards made after 2012 are no longer Costar. The V3.0 boards are still Costar but the V4.0 boards are branded "Nashville [numcode]" rather than "CST-NF[numcode]"

[image loading]

Made me a little sad when I opened mine up today for measuring
Administrator@TL_Zess
| (• ◡•)|八 (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
Monochromatic
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
United States1000 Posts
March 28 2013 22:34 GMT
#5370
Hello there, I was thinking of buying a Cooler Master Storm Trigger keyboard, but first I wanted to know if anyone here has had any experience with that keyboard?
MC: "Guys I need your support! iam poor make me nerd baller" __________________________________________RIP Violet
c0ldfusion
Profile Joined October 2010
United States8293 Posts
March 29 2013 00:23 GMT
#5371
Hey guys, I have a mechanical keyboard already (das keyboard) but I'm looking for a mechanical keyboard with low profile keys. Does that exist? Thanks.
Fencar
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States2694 Posts
March 29 2013 02:31 GMT
#5372
I want the Das keyboard, but I'm turned off by the lack of letters/numbers on the keys. Is there a way (preferably easy) to replace the keys with labeled ones or is there a version with labeled keys?

If not, I'm wondering whether to get a Logitech G710+, a Razer Black Widow, or some other mechanical keyboard with brown switches. It's really hard to decide- there are so many on the market. :/
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
Blaec
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia4289 Posts
March 29 2013 04:03 GMT
#5373
On March 29 2013 09:23 c0ldfusion wrote:
Hey guys, I have a mechanical keyboard already (das keyboard) but I'm looking for a mechanical keyboard with low profile keys. Does that exist? Thanks.


Not really, there are cherry ML switches and a couple of keyboards use them but for the most part mechanical keyboards are very tall.

On March 29 2013 11:31 Fencar wrote:
I want the Das keyboard, but I'm turned off by the lack of letters/numbers on the keys. Is there a way (preferably easy) to replace the keys with labeled ones or is there a version with labeled keys?

If not, I'm wondering whether to get a Logitech G710+, a Razer Black Widow, or some other mechanical keyboard with brown switches. It's really hard to decide- there are so many on the market. :/


Das make a keyboard with lettering, they call it the professional or something like that.
Logitech afaik is an ok but expensive choice, avoid black widows unless you can get them cheaper than a Rosewill.
Havik_
Profile Joined November 2011
United States5585 Posts
March 29 2013 04:45 GMT
#5374
On March 29 2013 09:23 c0ldfusion wrote:
Hey guys, I have a mechanical keyboard already (das keyboard) but I'm looking for a mechanical keyboard with low profile keys. Does that exist? Thanks.



No, but the Quickfire Rapid Stealth that's coming out is using the lowest profile mechanical keyboard thing as a selling point. Maybe look into that. As far as low profile like a scizzor switch, they don't exist.
"An opinion is only as good as the evidence that backs it up."- William O'Malley, S.J.
c0ldfusion
Profile Joined October 2010
United States8293 Posts
March 29 2013 13:50 GMT
#5375
On March 29 2013 13:45 Havik_ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 29 2013 09:23 c0ldfusion wrote:
Hey guys, I have a mechanical keyboard already (das keyboard) but I'm looking for a mechanical keyboard with low profile keys. Does that exist? Thanks.



No, but the Quickfire Rapid Stealth that's coming out is using the lowest profile mechanical keyboard thing as a selling point. Maybe look into that. As far as low profile like a scizzor switch, they don't exist.


Nice, I'll wait for that then. Thanks for the info.

Yeah, I agree the that actual cherry switch is a hard limitation on the height of a key. I'm just looking for "lower" profile keycaps.
c0ldfusion
Profile Joined October 2010
United States8293 Posts
March 29 2013 14:15 GMT
#5376
Alright, after much Googling, I found this:

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=22896.0

Seems like roughly what I want.
Ropid
Profile Joined March 2009
Germany3557 Posts
March 29 2013 18:06 GMT
#5377
What do you want that for? If you think it's flat like a laptop keyboard, it's only looking like that. Only the key-caps are different. The keys still travel exactly the same amount as on a normal MX switch keyboard, the full 4 mm. It's also missing the curvature for ergonomics. The old IBM Model M for example looked like that: http://pckeyboard.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/classic-101-b-g.jpg. That curve is normally instead created by different height for the key-caps in different rows, so the MX switches can be installed on a flat plane.
"My goal is to replace my soul with coffee and become immortal."
Havik_
Profile Joined November 2011
United States5585 Posts
March 30 2013 07:02 GMT
#5378
On March 29 2013 23:15 c0ldfusion wrote:
Alright, after much Googling, I found this:

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=22896.0

Seems like roughly what I want.


I never even knew they had boards like that! Interesting. Great for those who want mechanical and low profile. Where can you buy that though?
"An opinion is only as good as the evidence that backs it up."- William O'Malley, S.J.
StaraCroft
Profile Joined April 2012
Austria292 Posts
March 31 2013 03:30 GMT
#5379
Have you guys thought about those o-ring thingies? It seems like they should reduce travel. I could be wrong, but it looks like you could just put two of them under there to reduce travel. And if the keyboard is too high for you, you can use a wrist rest.
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
March 31 2013 04:13 GMT
#5380
MX browns for example actuate at 2mm but bottom out at 4mm (iirc), o-ring just stops them at 3 or so (i think), and im not sure if you can stack them. Interesting idea
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
Prev 1 267 268 269 270 271 383 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 24m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 84
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 462
Bale 36
Dota 2
monkeys_forever484
League of Legends
Doublelift4239
Other Games
summit1g9688
JimRising 494
ViBE235
Livibee186
KnowMe170
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick686
BasetradeTV193
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 115
• Adnapsc2 37
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1302
• Shiphtur569
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
9h 24m
Patches Events
14h 24m
BSL Open Qualifier
18h 24m
BSL Open Qualifier
18h 24m
OSC
22h 24m
OSC
1d 11h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.