• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:41
CEST 03:41
KST 10:41
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War575.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8756 users

Mechanical Keyboard Guide - Page 267

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 265 266 267 268 269 383 Next
evilfatsh1t
Profile Joined October 2010
Australia8930 Posts
March 24 2013 14:46 GMT
#5321
On March 24 2013 18:41 Blaec wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 23 2013 09:25 Entenmann wrote:
Does anyone know if there's a good more flat like mechanical keyboard? reduced width would be nice.
I had rsi some years ago and have problems with high (standard) keyboards, but I never found a really good feeling flat one.


Mechanical keyboards are all pretty tall, look for a decent scissor switch keyboard if you want flat, Logitech and Apple make decent ones afaik.

Show nested quote +
On March 24 2013 13:33 LgNKami wrote:
I have 2 quick questions. Which key switch is the quietest (is that even a word? I dont even..), and what is the absolute cheapest keyboard I cn get with that switch. Im going to assume browns are the quietest followed by blacks BUT, I am more than likely wrong.


All mechanicals are louder than rubber dome keyboards, blue is loudest by far, blacks and reds are not very loud (depending on how you type on them) and browns are a little louder than red/black.
I dunno what is cheapest in US atm.

Show nested quote +
On March 24 2013 17:13 evilfatsh1t wrote:
On March 24 2013 12:59 Hashbaz wrote:
On March 24 2013 01:26 evilfatsh1t wrote:
suggestions on how to clean keyboards?
i bought a keyboard with what im assuming is abs keycaps, and im wondering how people clean dirt/grease off the keys.
ive used it for like a week? and some keys already have darkened letters.


A lot of people soak their keys in water with denture tabs. Or just use dish soap and warm water.


so i pop the keys off, soak them for a while then let them dry?
im not sure about scrubbing in case the letters rub off.


Not scrubbing is probably a good idea, just warm soapy water and a dish cloth is sufficient. What keyboard do you have? The letters shouldn't be darkening that quickly.


a korean brand i presume, since i bought it in korea and nothing showed up in google but korean stuff. the brands called mstone. other than the letters darkening i actually dont think theres any other problem with it but yeah..thats not the issue.
so just soak and wipe? got it.
RiceAgainst
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States1849 Posts
March 25 2013 01:31 GMT
#5322
So I've been considering getting a mechanical keyboard recently, and it seems a lot of them are on sale for PAX. Steelseries has their 30% off, for example, and Rosewill has $20 off + an extra 20% off (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823201052). I don't really have a budget but since this will be my first mechanical keyboard and I'd like to get some nice custom keycaps, I'd like to keep the base keyboard cost ~$80, so the Rosewill looks nice. I read that MX Blues aren't the best for gaming since they're hard to double tap with but I'm wondering what you guys think. I might get the Meka G1 Prime edition when it comes out instead, since they have browns.
DJFaqU
Profile Joined May 2011
466 Posts
March 25 2013 02:27 GMT
#5323
On March 25 2013 10:31 RiceAgainst wrote:
So I've been considering getting a mechanical keyboard recently, and it seems a lot of them are on sale for PAX. Steelseries has their 30% off, for example, and Rosewill has $20 off + an extra 20% off (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823201052). I don't really have a budget but since this will be my first mechanical keyboard and I'd like to get some nice custom keycaps, I'd like to keep the base keyboard cost ~$80, so the Rosewill looks nice. I read that MX Blues aren't the best for gaming since they're hard to double tap with but I'm wondering what you guys think. I might get the Meka G1 Prime edition when it comes out instead, since they have browns.


I think blues are the best for gaming because I like them the most. This is where personal preference is the most important factor and you should find a way to try out different switches to make up your mind.

If you don't have a way to try before buying, go for browns. They feel nice and don't have the clicky noise that some people don't like.
zoLo
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States5896 Posts
March 25 2013 06:09 GMT
#5324
On March 25 2013 11:27 DJFaqU wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 25 2013 10:31 RiceAgainst wrote:
So I've been considering getting a mechanical keyboard recently, and it seems a lot of them are on sale for PAX. Steelseries has their 30% off, for example, and Rosewill has $20 off + an extra 20% off (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823201052). I don't really have a budget but since this will be my first mechanical keyboard and I'd like to get some nice custom keycaps, I'd like to keep the base keyboard cost ~$80, so the Rosewill looks nice. I read that MX Blues aren't the best for gaming since they're hard to double tap with but I'm wondering what you guys think. I might get the Meka G1 Prime edition when it comes out instead, since they have browns.


I think blues are the best for gaming because I like them the most. This is where personal preference is the most important factor and you should find a way to try out different switches to make up your mind.

If you don't have a way to try before buying, go for browns. They feel nice and don't have the clicky noise that some people don't like.


Agreed. I have blues and I love it. I am lucky that no one in my family has complained yet. Browns are the same as the blues, but quieter (even near silent if you use O rings dampeners).YouTube search Cherry MX switch comparison to get an idea of what each switch sounds like.
RiceAgainst
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States1849 Posts
March 25 2013 06:17 GMT
#5325
So blues won't be a problem? Guess I'll get the Rosewill RK9000I then! I heard Rosewill keyboards are pretty good, outside the detachable cord being a problem. Thanks for the help, hope I'll get it soon.
Belial88
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States5217 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-25 06:25:55
March 25 2013 06:24 GMT
#5326
blues are loud by mechanical keyboard standards. all mechs are loud in a sense, and blues aren't that loud in a sense too. I probably wouldn't go with blues if you share an office, have the computer in the bedroom with the gf, that kind of thing. Blues definitely are the most 'mechanical' of the bunch, i think most(?) people who've used all the switches say it's their favorite when sound isn't a concern (which i've heard a few say). You can look up videos and hear how it sounds. Browns don't quite have the click (both feel-wise and sound-wise) that blues have, it's basically a milder version of blues that's slightly easier to push.

I personally like browns the most, it actuates on slightly less than blues. it might be because im used to my browns though, i'm going to continue with this really nice blue keyboard i have and see how it feels. because i thought i liked blues more when i first tried it but now im not as sure. blacks definitely suck though, i think most agree on that. reds are meh, some people like them.

the whole 'reds for gaming, blues for typing' is a load of crock. most people bottom out when they type anyways (supposedly the whole tactile bump of brown/blue is to help with typing but does it really?). I suppose the idea is whether or not you click the feedback that browns/blues give you, that tactile bump and click sound (sound more so with blue). In gaming you are definitely bottoming out so all switches are great for gaming.

They're all awesome compared to rubber dome, you can't really go wrong with any of them (except maybe blacks...). I'd really recommend trying the switches out if you can, if you don't live by a store like microcenter/frys, best buy actually has a few mechanical keyboards (just some razer board).
How to build a $500 i7-3770K Ultimate Computer:http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/viewblog.php?topic_id=392709 ******** 100% Safe Razorless Delid Method! http://www.overclock.net/t/1376206/how-to-delid-your-ivy-bridge-cpu-with-out-a-razor-blade/0_100
RiceAgainst
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States1849 Posts
March 25 2013 06:27 GMT
#5327
So switch type doesn't matter too much? I don't want to spend too much on my first mechanical keyboard but I don't want to spend money on something that I'll replace with something better way before the first one's life is through. I just figured that I'd go w/ Browns since so many people recommend going for Browns when switching from membrane to mechanical, but then the cheaper version was Blues so I wasn't too sure. I'll do a little bit more research before I buy, since the 20% off doesn't expire until about a week from today.
Blaec
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia4289 Posts
March 25 2013 06:43 GMT
#5328
On March 25 2013 15:27 RiceAgainst wrote:
So switch type doesn't matter too much? I don't want to spend too much on my first mechanical keyboard but I don't want to spend money on something that I'll replace with something better way before the first one's life is through. I just figured that I'd go w/ Browns since so many people recommend going for Browns when switching from membrane to mechanical, but then the cheaper version was Blues so I wasn't too sure. I'll do a little bit more research before I buy, since the 20% off doesn't expire until about a week from today.


Switch preference is all personal opinion. I love blues, many people love blues, many people hate blues, I dunno what you will like.
blackone
Profile Joined November 2010
Germany1314 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-25 17:29:40
March 25 2013 17:29 GMT
#5329
Hi guys, I'm currently in the market for a tenkeyless (87 keys) with mx blues and since I'm in Europe and don't want to spent too much money, I think I'll buy from that qtan guy on ebay. My question is, how do I decide between Noppoo, KeyCool and HPE? The prices are similar and what I read in reviews of all three brands is basically that they're all decent and good for their money.
Blaec
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia4289 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-25 18:04:08
March 25 2013 18:03 GMT
#5330
On March 26 2013 02:29 blackone wrote:
Hi guys, I'm currently in the market for a tenkeyless (87 keys) with mx blues and since I'm in Europe and don't want to spent too much money, I think I'll buy from that qtan guy on ebay. My question is, how do I decide between Noppoo, KeyCool and HPE? The prices are similar and what I read in reviews of all three brands is basically that they're all decent and good for their money.


No idea how to tell between the chinese keyboards. But maybe have a look at the Zalman linked a page or two back, its another chinese board but might be cheaper because it is actually in europe.
iloveav
Profile Joined November 2008
Poland1484 Posts
March 25 2013 20:01 GMT
#5331
Id like to add something from eprsonal expirince.
For broodwar/sc2:
I bought 2 mechanical keyboards cus i could afford it.
Corsair K90 and Steelseries 6Gv2.

Corsair i love for the looks but the keys are a bit too small, and they trigger too easy. Red keys trigger way too easy, so its easy to missclick.
Steelseries, is awsome for me. Slightly bigger keys, and it activates less easy so you hardly missclick (and it ahs PS/2).

For those who dont know PS/2 is simply put, perfect, while USB, depeneds on the software you have installed on your PC.
So all those crashes, lags etc, can and will affect usb keyboards.
aka LRM)Cats_Paw.
Tansu
Profile Joined January 2012
Finland63 Posts
March 25 2013 21:07 GMT
#5332
I bought a Rosewill RK-9000BR with brown switches today, this is my 1st mechanical keyboard. It's good but I was hoping it'd be even better because so many people have praised mechanical keyboards and that's why my expectations were maybe too high... Wasn't worth 100€ but it's still decent keyboard. Maybe mechanical keyboards just don't suit for everyone.
TheMango
Profile Joined April 2007
United States1967 Posts
March 25 2013 21:53 GMT
#5333
On March 18 2013 03:47 prOxySC2 wrote:
Hey guys, im planning to get a zowie celeritas but have heard that the spacebar is cherrymx black instead of blue. Is this true and is it a big issue?


Read the reviews on newegg for the celeritas. I ran into an issue with the spacebar getting stuck/double pressing after just a few months of using it, and looks like others have the same problem. I ended up buying a filco to replace it, which I'm very happy with.
Moderator
wussleeQ
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States3130 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-25 23:36:40
March 25 2013 23:36 GMT
#5334
zzzz... according to this site, http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=21_273_274&item_id=055709
quickfire tk browns not availible till (soon in) may? they've pushed this back so many fucking times already...
BW -> League -> CSGO
Havik_
Profile Joined November 2011
United States5585 Posts
March 26 2013 00:18 GMT
#5335
On March 26 2013 08:36 wussleeQ wrote:
zzzz... according to this site, http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=21_273_274&item_id=055709
quickfire tk browns not availible till (soon in) may? they've pushed this back so many fucking times already...


The Quickfire TK with brown switches is a myth. Its a keyboard that exists in everyone's imagination, but doesn't actually exist in real life.
"An opinion is only as good as the evidence that backs it up."- William O'Malley, S.J.
RiceAgainst
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States1849 Posts
March 26 2013 00:23 GMT
#5336
Okay, so the Quickfire Rapid (Blues) is about the same price on Amazon as the Rosewill is on Newegg. The only noticeable difference is the QFR is tenkeyless. It's also got media keys but I don't care too much for them. Just wondering, which one has better build quality? Or is the difference so little that it's better to just go with whichever version I like (tenkeyless vs full)?
ZenithM
Profile Joined February 2011
France15952 Posts
March 26 2013 00:24 GMT
#5337
On March 26 2013 06:53 TheMango wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 18 2013 03:47 prOxySC2 wrote:
Hey guys, im planning to get a zowie celeritas but have heard that the spacebar is cherrymx black instead of blue. Is this true and is it a big issue?


Read the reviews on newegg for the celeritas. I ran into an issue with the spacebar getting stuck/double pressing after just a few months of using it, and looks like others have the same problem. I ended up buying a filco to replace it, which I'm very happy with.

I think they kinda fixed it in the later batches. I have one Zowie Celeritas among many other keyboards (including a Qsenn DT-35 and multiple mechanicals: a Filco, a Topre etc..) and it's my favorite to play SC2 on. The keys are very soft browns (easier to press than Filco's browns imo), the keyboard has a perfect height and wrist-rest for me. You can't really go wrong with Flash and Life's keyboard :D
RoranRock
Profile Joined October 2011
France294 Posts
March 26 2013 21:04 GMT
#5338
is the ducky shine II the best back lit keyboard ?
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." Albert Einstein
Marcus420
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada1923 Posts
March 26 2013 21:07 GMT
#5339
On March 22 2013 13:40 Gamegene wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 22 2013 11:56 Nick! wrote:
Would this be so bad as an entry level mechanical board?

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=KB-012-ZA

Or should i just pay double and go with CM

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=KB-005-CM

Or even the 6GV2 that rockafella mentioned?


here's the review on that Zalman:

Show nested quote +

This keyboard saved my life.

Reviewed by: J. Crossby (Blackburn)

I ordered this keyboard when I was off work for depression issues.

Things got worse and I eventually planned to hang myself, however before I did the deed I wanted to try out a mechanical keyboard - so the plan was to write the note using this keyboard.

I couldn't bring it to myself to end my life knowing how great this keyboard feels when typing.

I can't stop smiling, everytime I use this keyboard it feels like my fingertips are being massaged, and with the tactile feedback I hardly ever make a mis-type.

Great keyboard considering the price!
lol that keyboard has fake cherry mx switches. chinese clones probably..
Havik_
Profile Joined November 2011
United States5585 Posts
March 27 2013 01:09 GMT
#5340
On March 26 2013 09:23 RiceAgainst wrote:
Okay, so the Quickfire Rapid (Blues) is about the same price on Amazon as the Rosewill is on Newegg. The only noticeable difference is the QFR is tenkeyless. It's also got media keys but I don't care too much for them. Just wondering, which one has better build quality? Or is the difference so little that it's better to just go with whichever version I like (tenkeyless vs full)?



They're both the Filco OEM (Costar), but the Rosewill has the USB issue which is enough for me to not recommend it. I'd go for the QFR unless you need the numberpad.
"An opinion is only as good as the evidence that backs it up."- William O'Malley, S.J.
Prev 1 265 266 267 268 269 383 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 19m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 146
NeuroSwarm 76
FoxeR 2
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 491
Bale 70
League of Legends
Doublelift4785
Other Games
summit1g8886
JimRising 557
ViBE213
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick647
BasetradeTV190
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 115
• Light_VIP 10
• Letter142
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1093
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
8h 19m
Patches Events
13h 19m
BSL Open Qualifier
17h 19m
BSL Open Qualifier
17h 19m
OSC
21h 19m
OSC
1d 10h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.