• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:58
CEST 20:58
KST 03:58
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War565.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War BW General Discussion Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9332 users

Mechanical Keyboard Guide - Page 266

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 264 265 266 267 268 383 Next
Deleted User 124618
Profile Joined November 2010
1142 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-22 07:37:02
March 22 2013 07:36 GMT
#5301
I bought a SteelSeries 7G keyboard earlier this year and it has been great! Except spacebar has gotten a bit stiff, and it gets "stuck" sometimes at bottom. Hmm, will have to investigate how to properly clean that keyboard. In past on cheaper keyboards I could just rip the keys off but I don't dare to do that blindly here.
Blaec
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia4289 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-22 07:45:07
March 22 2013 07:37 GMT
#5302
On March 22 2013 11:56 Nick! wrote:
Would this be so bad as an entry level mechanical board?

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=KB-012-ZA

Or should i just pay double and go with CM

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=KB-005-CM

Or even the 6GV2 that rockafella mentioned?


Here is a review of The Zalman (looks like Zalman rebadged a chinese keyboard)

Looks interesting and is super cheap. Dunno how durable it will be though.
Blaec
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia4289 Posts
March 22 2013 07:44 GMT
#5303
On March 22 2013 16:36 Greentellon wrote:
I bought a SteelSeries 7G keyboard earlier this year and it has been great! Except spacebar has gotten a bit stiff, and it gets "stuck" sometimes at bottom. Hmm, will have to investigate how to properly clean that keyboard. In past on cheaper keyboards I could just rip the keys off but I don't dare to do that blindly here.


Guide

Basically just pull them straight up and you shouldn't have any problems, having or making a keycap puller is helpful. This is a creative one, I used floss before.
Deleted User 124618
Profile Joined November 2010
1142 Posts
March 22 2013 07:57 GMT
#5304
Thank you!
warz_
Profile Joined March 2012
Greece64 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-22 09:50:42
March 22 2013 09:50 GMT
#5305
My CM Storm TK with Brown switches just arrived!

It's my first mechanical keyboard so I can't compare it to others but I have to say that I am really impressed!

Great built quality, very bright LEDs, keys feel awesome!

Haven't tried to play with it yet but i'm sure it will be amazing!

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
[image loading]


Nick!
Profile Joined March 2011
Scotland701 Posts
March 22 2013 12:24 GMT
#5306
On March 22 2013 13:40 Gamegene wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 22 2013 11:56 Nick! wrote:
Would this be so bad as an entry level mechanical board?

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=KB-012-ZA

Or should i just pay double and go with CM

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=KB-005-CM

Or even the 6GV2 that rockafella mentioned?


here's the review on that Zalman:

Show nested quote +

This keyboard saved my life.

Reviewed by: J. Crossby (Blackburn)

I ordered this keyboard when I was off work for depression issues.

Things got worse and I eventually planned to hang myself, however before I did the deed I wanted to try out a mechanical keyboard - so the plan was to write the note using this keyboard.

I couldn't bring it to myself to end my life knowing how great this keyboard feels when typing.

I can't stop smiling, everytime I use this keyboard it feels like my fingertips are being massaged, and with the tactile feedback I hardly ever make a mis-type.

Great keyboard considering the price!


Yeah hah, i read that too :p
Havik_
Profile Joined November 2011
United States5585 Posts
March 22 2013 16:00 GMT
#5307
On March 22 2013 18:50 warz_ wrote:
My CM Storm TK with Brown switches just arrived!

It's my first mechanical keyboard so I can't compare it to others but I have to say that I am really impressed!

Great built quality, very bright LEDs, keys feel awesome!

Haven't tried to play with it yet but i'm sure it will be amazing!

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
[image loading]





I'm jelly because you literally cannot find that keyboard ANYWHERE in the US. Its been MIA for the past three months.
"An opinion is only as good as the evidence that backs it up."- William O'Malley, S.J.
Rockafella
Profile Joined August 2010
United Kingdom291 Posts
March 22 2013 18:39 GMT
#5308
On March 22 2013 16:37 Blaec wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 22 2013 11:56 Nick! wrote:
Would this be so bad as an entry level mechanical board?

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=KB-012-ZA

Or should i just pay double and go with CM

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=KB-005-CM

Or even the 6GV2 that rockafella mentioned?


Here is a review of The Zalman (looks like Zalman rebadged a chinese keyboard)

Looks interesting and is super cheap. Dunno how durable it will be though.


I'd probably try and see which switches you like the most, they feel all feel pretty different and are just as important as the brand. If you buy and don't like the Steelseries board you could probably just ask for a refund in ASDA.

CoolerMaster build quality is probably better than SteelSeries though for mechanical keyboards, but SteelSeries board should be a fair bit better than the Zalman.
Entenmann
Profile Joined March 2011
Germany7 Posts
March 23 2013 00:25 GMT
#5309
Does anyone know if there's a good more flat like mechanical keyboard? reduced width would be nice.
I had rsi some years ago and have problems with high (standard) keyboards, but I never found a really good feeling flat one.
we will stop enhancing the truth in 3, 2, ....
evilfatsh1t
Profile Joined October 2010
Australia8930 Posts
March 23 2013 16:26 GMT
#5310
suggestions on how to clean keyboards?
i bought a keyboard with what im assuming is abs keycaps, and im wondering how people clean dirt/grease off the keys.
ive used it for like a week? and some keys already have darkened letters.
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
March 23 2013 16:41 GMT
#5311
On March 23 2013 09:25 Entenmann wrote:
Does anyone know if there's a good more flat like mechanical keyboard? reduced width would be nice.
I had rsi some years ago and have problems with high (standard) keyboards, but I never found a really good feeling flat one.


RSI will be caused by other ergonomic problems particularly height. Your elbow should be above the keyboard.
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
-HellZerg-
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States409 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-23 23:39:25
March 23 2013 22:25 GMT
#5312
Where I can buy Noppoo Choc Mini with Cherry MX Brown switches? Amazon only has Noppoo Choc Mini with Cherry MX Red switches.

Edit: Never mind, I found the answer here.
We are what we repeatedly do; excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. - Aristotle
Hashbaz
Profile Joined July 2010
United States340 Posts
March 24 2013 03:59 GMT
#5313
On March 24 2013 01:26 evilfatsh1t wrote:
suggestions on how to clean keyboards?
i bought a keyboard with what im assuming is abs keycaps, and im wondering how people clean dirt/grease off the keys.
ive used it for like a week? and some keys already have darkened letters.


A lot of people soak their keys in water with denture tabs. Or just use dish soap and warm water.
ESPORTS prevails
Steelo_Rivers
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States1968 Posts
March 24 2013 04:33 GMT
#5314
I have 2 quick questions. Which key switch is the quietest (is that even a word? I dont even..), and what is the absolute cheapest keyboard I cn get with that switch. Im going to assume browns are the quietest followed by blacks BUT, I am more than likely wrong.
ok
evilfatsh1t
Profile Joined October 2010
Australia8930 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-24 08:14:48
March 24 2013 08:13 GMT
#5315
On March 24 2013 12:59 Hashbaz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 24 2013 01:26 evilfatsh1t wrote:
suggestions on how to clean keyboards?
i bought a keyboard with what im assuming is abs keycaps, and im wondering how people clean dirt/grease off the keys.
ive used it for like a week? and some keys already have darkened letters.


A lot of people soak their keys in water with denture tabs. Or just use dish soap and warm water.


so i pop the keys off, soak them for a while then let them dry?
im not sure about scrubbing in case the letters rub off.

On March 24 2013 13:33 LgNKami wrote:
I have 2 quick questions. Which key switch is the quietest (is that even a word? I dont even..), and what is the absolute cheapest keyboard I cn get with that switch. Im going to assume browns are the quietest followed by blacks BUT, I am more than likely wrong.

from what i saw when i was buying my first keyboard, reds were the quietest. but they still have a distinct sound. i think red and blacks only really quiet if you use them properly (ie. dont bottom out)
i use browns and they are actually quite loud
Blaec
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia4289 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-24 09:43:13
March 24 2013 09:41 GMT
#5316
On March 23 2013 09:25 Entenmann wrote:
Does anyone know if there's a good more flat like mechanical keyboard? reduced width would be nice.
I had rsi some years ago and have problems with high (standard) keyboards, but I never found a really good feeling flat one.


Mechanical keyboards are all pretty tall, look for a decent scissor switch keyboard if you want flat, Logitech and Apple make decent ones afaik.

On March 24 2013 13:33 LgNKami wrote:
I have 2 quick questions. Which key switch is the quietest (is that even a word? I dont even..), and what is the absolute cheapest keyboard I cn get with that switch. Im going to assume browns are the quietest followed by blacks BUT, I am more than likely wrong.


All mechanicals are louder than rubber dome keyboards, blue is loudest by far, blacks and reds are not very loud (depending on how you type on them) and browns are a little louder than red/black.
I dunno what is cheapest in US atm.

On March 24 2013 17:13 evilfatsh1t wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 24 2013 12:59 Hashbaz wrote:
On March 24 2013 01:26 evilfatsh1t wrote:
suggestions on how to clean keyboards?
i bought a keyboard with what im assuming is abs keycaps, and im wondering how people clean dirt/grease off the keys.
ive used it for like a week? and some keys already have darkened letters.


A lot of people soak their keys in water with denture tabs. Or just use dish soap and warm water.


so i pop the keys off, soak them for a while then let them dry?
im not sure about scrubbing in case the letters rub off.


Not scrubbing is probably a good idea, just warm soapy water and a dish cloth is sufficient. What keyboard do you have? The letters shouldn't be darkening that quickly.
madnessman
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States1581 Posts
March 24 2013 10:58 GMT
#5317
Newegg won't ship Rosewill to NY. Does anybody which brick and mortar stores in NYC have a good selection of mechanical keyboards at reasonable prices? Based on my research, I think I want brown switches but I have yet to test out the different switches in person.
HwangjaeTerran
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Finland5967 Posts
March 24 2013 11:36 GMT
#5318
So I finally got a multimeter and did some testing. It appears that I have a few blown diodes, a few more after sticking the keyboard in alcohol and trying to switch a few keys around but that's all right I guess.
Anyway I was thinking of replacing the diodes BUT it just so happens my keyboard has a back plate and to switch the diodes I'd have desolder absolutely everything. So if here is anyone with more experience of the way keyboards are wired ( I can only see half of it) there anyway to just stick the new diodes on the other side of the pcb? If not I guess I'll just get a controller and build my own keyboard like I should've done to begin with.
https://steamcommunity.com/id/*tlusernamehere*/
DERPDERP
Profile Joined October 2010
Kyrgyzstan189 Posts
March 24 2013 12:43 GMT
#5319
On March 24 2013 13:33 LgNKami wrote:
I have 2 quick questions. Which key switch is the quietest (is that even a word? I dont even..), and what is the absolute cheapest keyboard I cn get with that switch. Im going to assume browns are the quietest followed by blacks BUT, I am more than likely wrong.


Topre is pretty quiet but quite expensive
8)
Soohyung
Profile Joined April 2012
Korea (South)116 Posts
March 24 2013 14:35 GMT
#5320
Womwomwom sent me here, I got a simple question:
I got a Steelseries 6gv2 and want to use custom keycaps, where can I get keycaps actually fitting the 6gv2 as some keys are completely different (e.g. the enter key has a different size than a normal one, keys are shaped a bit differently)?
이지은
Prev 1 264 265 266 267 268 383 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 5
Laughngamez YouTube
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Liquid`TLO 272
BRAT_OK 97
JuggernautJason63
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 901
Shuttle 699
Zeus 82
soO 44
Hyun 43
ToSsGirL 32
scan(afreeca) 23
Sacsri 9
Dota 2
qojqva2403
420jenkins615
canceldota8
Counter-Strike
fl0m5144
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3134
Liquid`Hasu579
Other Games
FrodaN928
KnowMe206
Pyrionflax165
Livibee160
QueenE70
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick605
StarCraft 2
angryscii 33
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 91
• 3DClanTV 57
• Adnapsc2 16
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach104
• FirePhoenix27
• 80smullet 21
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1806
Other Games
• Shiphtur690
• imaqtpie634
Upcoming Events
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
15h 3m
Patches Events
20h 3m
BSL Open Qualifier
1d
BSL Open Qualifier
1d
OSC
1d 4h
OSC
1d 17h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.