• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:32
CEST 14:32
KST 21:32
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War445.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
TL Sidebar missing streams Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9272 users

Mechanical Keyboard Guide - Page 264

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 262 263 264 265 266 383 Next
owned4ursake
Profile Joined December 2011
Australia59 Posts
March 15 2013 04:19 GMT
#5261
On March 15 2013 07:47 b3nje909 wrote:
Hey everyone..

I have a simple question to ask. I'm in the market for a mechanical keyboard, and have some space restrictions.
I've essentially narrowed it down to two keyboards. Both are tenkeyless.
Both are made my Leopold (which for some reason are available quite readily in Australia).
The FC200RR/AB, and the FC700r, both would have cherry red switches as well..

My question is, what's the difference between the two?? Apart from colour?? (200 is black, 700 graphite or white)
I cannot find a single web page that has a comparison between them..

Anyway, thanks in advance, I'm sure there is an answer somewhere in this thread, but I don't have the time to wade through about 50 hours of forum read time..

Cheers


FC700R has PBT keycaps compared to ABS and most would say PBT caps are more durable and resistant to shine.
It also has media keys and windows lock so if you like those features it would be better to get FC700R.
Blaec
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia4289 Posts
March 15 2013 10:22 GMT
#5262
On March 15 2013 07:47 b3nje909 wrote:
Hey everyone..

I have a simple question to ask. I'm in the market for a mechanical keyboard, and have some space restrictions.
I've essentially narrowed it down to two keyboards. Both are tenkeyless.
Both are made my Leopold (which for some reason are available quite readily in Australia).
The FC200RR/AB, and the FC700r, both would have cherry red switches as well..

My question is, what's the difference between the two?? Apart from colour?? (200 is black, 700 graphite or white)
I cannot find a single web page that has a comparison between them..

Anyway, thanks in advance, I'm sure there is an answer somewhere in this thread, but I don't have the time to wade through about 50 hours of forum read time..

Cheers


Where did you find a FC200 in Aus?

Unless the FC 200 is seriously cheaper the FC700 is a no brainer. FC700 is the newest Leopold, as someone already said the FC700 has a few nice features over the FC200.
b3nje909
Profile Joined March 2013
Australia7 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-15 11:05:35
March 15 2013 11:04 GMT
#5263
On March 15 2013 19:22 Blaec wrote:

Where did you find a FC200 in Aus?

Unless the FC 200 is seriously cheaper the FC700 is a no brainer. FC700 is the newest Leopold, as someone already said the FC700 has a few nice features over the FC200.



Are we allowed to post direct links here?????

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=113_1277

ordered a 700 today in granite with cherry mx reds a few red blank keys.
found a few funky keys on ebay as well

the 200 was from an american site, but the postage wasnt viable in my opinion.. but, the 200 is black..... much more decore friendly than grey or white..

when i get it I'll post some pics up.

thanks for all the info/feedback
warz_
Profile Joined March 2012
Greece64 Posts
March 15 2013 17:19 GMT
#5264
I just ordered a CM Storm TK with Brown switches!! Really exited as this is my first ever mech keyboard!

Do you guys think it is a good choice?
Havik_
Profile Joined November 2011
United States5585 Posts
March 15 2013 21:27 GMT
#5265
On March 16 2013 02:19 warz_ wrote:
I just ordered a CM Storm TK with Brown switches!! Really exited as this is my first ever mech keyboard!

Do you guys think it is a good choice?



Where the hell did you find one of those? They've been out of stock for like 3 months.
"An opinion is only as good as the evidence that backs it up."- William O'Malley, S.J.
warz_
Profile Joined March 2012
Greece64 Posts
March 15 2013 21:51 GMT
#5266
I live in Greece, browns were the only ones available here, everything else is out of stock. I guess I got lucky?
Havik_
Profile Joined November 2011
United States5585 Posts
March 16 2013 01:39 GMT
#5267
On March 16 2013 06:51 warz_ wrote:
I live in Greece, browns were the only ones available here, everything else is out of stock. I guess I got lucky?


Dude. Its the total opposite in the US. Blues and Reds are everywhere, brown Quickfire TK's are like mythical creatures. :p
"An opinion is only as good as the evidence that backs it up."- William O'Malley, S.J.
findingthelimit
Profile Joined May 2012
Hong Kong219 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-16 02:22:22
March 16 2013 02:21 GMT
#5268
I have a ducky shine, and i'd like to buy some white keycaps as i'm a little bored of these black ones that come with it. does anyone know a website that's reliable? if possible, i'd like to buy from ducky, to make sure its compatable. it does have a backlight, but i don't know what this means with regards to keycaps. does it mean I can only purchase the laser engraved ones, if i want the backlight to show?

also, my keyboard is pretty dirty. if anyone knows of any efficient ways to clean a keyboard, share it and i'd love you forever <3
Blaec
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia4289 Posts
March 16 2013 12:40 GMT
#5269
On March 16 2013 11:21 findingthelimit wrote:
I have a ducky shine, and i'd like to buy some white keycaps as i'm a little bored of these black ones that come with it. does anyone know a website that's reliable? if possible, i'd like to buy from ducky, to make sure its compatable. it does have a backlight, but i don't know what this means with regards to keycaps. does it mean I can only purchase the laser engraved ones, if i want the backlight to show?

also, my keyboard is pretty dirty. if anyone knows of any efficient ways to clean a keyboard, share it and i'd love you forever <3


Qtan's store is the only one I know that sells caps you can see the shine's lights through.

Cleaning, the quick way is to blast it with compressed air. Slow way is pull all the caps off clean them all with soapy water and just wipe out anything under the caps.
slytown
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Korea (South)1411 Posts
March 16 2013 18:27 GMT
#5270
On March 16 2013 11:21 findingthelimit wrote:
I have a ducky shine, and i'd like to buy some white keycaps as i'm a little bored of these black ones that come with it. does anyone know a website that's reliable? if possible, i'd like to buy from ducky, to make sure its compatable. it does have a backlight, but i don't know what this means with regards to keycaps. does it mean I can only purchase the laser engraved ones, if i want the backlight to show?

also, my keyboard is pretty dirty. if anyone knows of any efficient ways to clean a keyboard, share it and i'd love you forever <3


Yes, a touch of dishsoap in luke warm water; Make sure you let the caps dry over night. No rubber dome to block the water on mechanicals.
The best Flash meme ever: http://imgur.com/zquoK
TommyLove
Profile Joined January 2011
United States24 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-17 00:26:01
March 16 2013 23:19 GMT
#5271
RoranRock
Profile Joined October 2011
France294 Posts
March 17 2013 00:36 GMT
#5272
hope that the quickfire rapid stealth will not be more expensive than the "noraml" one and that i could buy it in europe !
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." Albert Einstein
IMoperator
Profile Joined October 2011
4476 Posts
March 17 2013 08:09 GMT
#5273
Alright I got a cmstorm quickfire rapid with the blue switches just yesterday, and the backspace is squeaking a lot. I found out it's because of the stabilizer bar or whatever, and I'm just wondering what kind of lubricant can I use on it that won't harm the key at all. Thanks!
oscar62
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada417 Posts
March 17 2013 12:12 GMT
#5274
must find a mech under $110 or $115


prolly gonna go with blue switches. not interested in the CM rapid which has no numpad.

any other ideas?
warz_
Profile Joined March 2012
Greece64 Posts
March 17 2013 14:29 GMT
#5275
How about the Cm rapid TK? It has a numpad. Ordered mine yesterday with brown switches, should be here in a few days :D
Ropid
Profile Joined March 2009
Germany3557 Posts
March 17 2013 14:58 GMT
#5276
On March 17 2013 17:09 IMoperator wrote:
Alright I got a cmstorm quickfire rapid with the blue switches just yesterday, and the backspace is squeaking a lot. I found out it's because of the stabilizer bar or whatever, and I'm just wondering what kind of lubricant can I use on it that won't harm the key at all. Thanks!

I've used vaseline (only put something on the stabilizer, nothing on the switch itself). I think people suggest silicone based grease. Watch a youtube video about getting a key with stabilizer out without breaking something.
"My goal is to replace my soul with coffee and become immortal."
MistSC2
Profile Joined February 2012
Sweden583 Posts
March 17 2013 18:47 GMT
#5277
Hey guys, im planning to get a zowie celeritas but have heard that the spacebar is cherrymx black instead of blue. Is this true and is it a big issue?
Maru, TY, Clem <3
Blaec
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia4289 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-17 19:14:50
March 17 2013 19:11 GMT
#5278
On March 18 2013 03:47 prOxySC2 wrote:
Hey guys, im planning to get a zowie celeritas but have heard that the spacebar is cherrymx black instead of blue. Is this true and is it a big issue?


I don't think it actually is true. The Zowie has cherry stabilisers which kind of look like black switches which is why people make this mistake.

That said some people don't like cherry stabilisers as they feel mushy but many popular keyboards have them, eg ducky, leopold etc.
IMoperator
Profile Joined October 2011
4476 Posts
March 17 2013 20:22 GMT
#5279
On March 17 2013 23:58 Ropid wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 17 2013 17:09 IMoperator wrote:
Alright I got a cmstorm quickfire rapid with the blue switches just yesterday, and the backspace is squeaking a lot. I found out it's because of the stabilizer bar or whatever, and I'm just wondering what kind of lubricant can I use on it that won't harm the key at all. Thanks!

I've used vaseline (only put something on the stabilizer, nothing on the switch itself). I think people suggest silicone based grease. Watch a youtube video about getting a key with stabilizer out without breaking something.

The only kind of lube I have besides WD40 is Aura bulb + socket lube, for light bulbs. I don't know if it's silicone based or not because there's no information on the container and I can't find much online about it :/ Does anyone know if it's silicone based?
Bam Lee
Profile Joined June 2012
2336 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-17 22:26:54
March 17 2013 22:18 GMT
#5280
I have been thinking about getting a keyboard with red switches for gaming and a little bit of typing.
Should i get the 6gv2 red version or should i get the cm storm quickfire tk? Or maybe even something entirely different? I couldnt find a place to order the leopold nearby so i am pretty much stuck between these 2 keyboards
Prev 1 262 263 264 265 266 383 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
21:00
ONSYDE Invitational
TaKeTV 237
TKL 170
CranKy Ducklings60
Big Brain Bouts
19:00
#129
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinELIVE!
Reynor vs herO
RotterdaM956
IndyStarCraft 154
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 956
Lowko434
TKL 170
IndyStarCraft 154
Rex 75
MindelVK 18
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 57496
Free 3253
Jaedong 1954
BeSt 657
Soulkey 409
Horang2 358
Soma 334
Hyun 212
Zeus 203
firebathero 169
[ Show more ]
sorry 151
Last 150
Mind 108
Pusan 84
Yoon 28
soO 25
scan(afreeca) 21
Aegong 20
ToSsGirL 20
yabsab 16
Sacsri 11
zelot 9
Dota 2
Gorgc6862
Dendi659
XaKoH 394
canceldota36
Other Games
gofns33230
singsing2203
B2W.Neo471
byalli402
Pyrionflax294
ToD184
QueenE38
DeMusliM19
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV219
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 10
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 23
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP19
• Gemini_19 15
• Adnapsc2 8
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 1348
• WagamamaTV464
League of Legends
• Jankos3431
Upcoming Events
AI Arena Tournament
4h 29m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6h 29m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
21h 29m
Patches Events
1d 2h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 6h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 6h
OSC
1d 23h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.