• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:40
CEST 13:40
KST 20:40
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War445.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
TL Sidebar missing streams Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9349 users

Mechanical Keyboard Guide - Page 262

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 260 261 262 263 264 383 Next
derpface
Profile Joined October 2012
Sweden925 Posts
March 06 2013 22:58 GMT
#5221
On March 07 2013 07:53 ronpaul012 wrote:
Just wondering if anybody has an opinion on this keyboard. CM This will be my 1st mechanical keyboard, and I've been looking for one with brown that doesn't break the bank.


Its one of the best boards you can get. Go for it.
gg no re #_< no1 Hydra and Leta fan >_#
crms
Profile Joined February 2010
United States11933 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-06 23:08:12
March 06 2013 23:07 GMT
#5222
On March 07 2013 07:53 ronpaul012 wrote:
Just wondering if anybody has an opinion on this keyboard. CM This will be my 1st mechanical keyboard, and I've been looking for one with brown that doesn't break the bank.


I'm not sure if you have a Fry's Electronics in your area but you can get these unbranded (no ugly logos) for $60. I bought an MX blue board and it's comprable (except the key caps) to my much more expensive filco. I think these are great boards for the price.
http://i.imgur.com/fAUOr2c.png | Fighting games are great
ronpaul012
Profile Joined March 2011
United States769 Posts
March 06 2013 23:30 GMT
#5223
Just put my order in, thanks for the advice.
I'm a gooner.
Gamegene
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States8308 Posts
March 07 2013 07:18 GMT
#5224
On March 06 2013 16:39 jasonwilks wrote:
I read this article from a professional gamer who says that cherry mx reds and blacks are worthless..

http://www.yurtopic.com/tech/gadgets/cherry-mx.html


There's no real objective way to determine which is best. Mechanical keyboards only real advantage is feeling. Speaking as a former running athlete it's kind of like running shoes, yeah a shoe can be advertised that it's scientifically proven to be the best for running performance and whatever. But it's all completely meaningless if it's uncomfortable for you. I've ran track races with running flats instead of spikes because the spikes would make my feet blister and feel like shit, and I get better PR's because of it.

Even though I'm using an MX Brown, I didn't have any problems using MX Red switches because they felt nice and light to me compared to the MX Blacks which I hated because my fingers felt they were "heavier". I actually still break out the MX Red because it's still an enjoyable feeling even without the bump.
Throw on your favorite jacket and you're good to roll. Stroll through the trees and let your miseries go.
llIH
Profile Joined June 2011
Norway2147 Posts
March 07 2013 11:35 GMT
#5225
Nobody knows what that white keyboard is from the previous page?
Blaec
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia4289 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-07 11:39:11
March 07 2013 11:38 GMT
#5226
On March 07 2013 20:35 llIH wrote:
Nobody knows what that white keyboard is from the previous page?


It was the CM storm pro or whatever the fullsize CM is called. That one had a white case, dunno if they are ever going to be produced.
llIH
Profile Joined June 2011
Norway2147 Posts
March 07 2013 12:43 GMT
#5227
Ok thanks
Fragile51
Profile Joined October 2011
Netherlands15767 Posts
March 07 2013 14:14 GMT
#5228
On March 07 2013 08:07 crms wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 07 2013 07:53 ronpaul012 wrote:
Just wondering if anybody has an opinion on this keyboard. CM This will be my 1st mechanical keyboard, and I've been looking for one with brown that doesn't break the bank.


I'm not sure if you have a Fry's Electronics in your area but you can get these unbranded (no ugly logos) for $60. I bought an MX blue board and it's comprable (except the key caps) to my much more expensive filco. I think these are great boards for the price.


Filco keycaps are actually pretty terrible. Mine started showing signs of wear only 5-6 months after purchase. QFR has some reliability issues though with the left alt sometimes giving out, aside from that they are pretty comparable from what i've seen.
OneBk
Profile Joined February 2010
Sweden157 Posts
March 09 2013 14:21 GMT
#5229
I just got my daskeyboard, its my first mechanical and omfg.
The sound, the feel, and the weight, the caseing is increadible.
The only down side is that keycaps are blank.
slytown
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Korea (South)1411 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-09 16:34:26
March 09 2013 16:33 GMT
#5230
On March 09 2013 23:21 OneBk wrote:
I just got my daskeyboard, its my first mechanical and omfg.
The sound, the feel, and the weight, the caseing is increadible.
The only down side is that keycaps are blank.


Some wouldn't call that a downside...

[image loading]
The best Flash meme ever: http://imgur.com/zquoK
OneBk
Profile Joined February 2010
Sweden157 Posts
March 09 2013 17:08 GMT
#5231
On March 10 2013 01:33 slytown wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 09 2013 23:21 OneBk wrote:
I just got my daskeyboard, its my first mechanical and omfg.
The sound, the feel, and the weight, the caseing is increadible.
The only down side is that keycaps are blank.


Some wouldn't call that a downside...

[image loading]


true true, but entering passwords is a pain. otherwise idont have any problems with it.
chaos021
Profile Joined March 2012
United States258 Posts
March 10 2013 06:46 GMT
#5232
On March 10 2013 01:33 slytown wrote:+ Show Spoiler +


Some wouldn't call that a downside...

[image loading]


You even remember all the shift-number keys? Because I know I don't.
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
March 10 2013 07:38 GMT
#5233
I do..

I chose blank over having letters because you can usually feel them on the keys and i like blank smooth keycaps better, the only problem is if you want to switch layout to Dvorak or something - but then again having qwerty lettered keycaps you would either be screwed or have to re-arrange all of them anyway
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
Sokep
Profile Joined May 2011
Spain20 Posts
March 11 2013 01:28 GMT
#5234
Ive been searching a lot but i cant find what im looking for, i need some help, im looking for:

- Online shop that ships to europe
- Blue or brown switches.
- Max price:100€

Seems silly but i cant find anything like this, the closest one is Steelseries 6GV2 but has black switches
ZenithM
Profile Joined February 2011
France15952 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-11 02:08:59
March 11 2013 02:08 GMT
#5235
On March 10 2013 01:33 slytown wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 09 2013 23:21 OneBk wrote:
I just got my daskeyboard, its my first mechanical and omfg.
The sound, the feel, and the weight, the caseing is increadible.
The only down side is that keycaps are blank.


Some wouldn't call that a downside...

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

Hot damn, that baby is beautiful. Looks like programmer's porn.
PlaycaLm
Profile Joined March 2006
United States242 Posts
March 11 2013 05:12 GMT
#5236
On March 07 2013 07:53 ronpaul012 wrote:
Just wondering if anybody has an opinion on this keyboard. CM This will be my 1st mechanical keyboard, and I've been looking for one with brown that doesn't break the bank.



It is a good keyboard, and you cant go wrong with brown switches imho, however, i went with a Leopold because i disliked the CM themed establishments on the quickfire.
blackone
Profile Joined November 2010
Germany1314 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-11 09:32:28
March 11 2013 09:32 GMT
#5237
On March 11 2013 10:28 Sokep wrote:
Ive been searching a lot but i cant find what im looking for, i need some help, im looking for:

- Online shop that ships to europe
- Blue or brown switches.
- Max price:100€

Seems silly but i cant find anything like this, the closest one is Steelseries 6GV2 but has black switches


The Qpad MK-50 is available with any common switch and costs 75€. They don't ship to Spain from their shop (only Germany I think) but you can usually find some on ebay for like 85€ incl. shipping. Or if you know someone from Germany they can order it and send it to you.
Tokikong
Profile Joined March 2013
35 Posts
March 11 2013 14:27 GMT
#5238
Hey TL guys,

I've been thinking about buying a new mechanical keyboard , after my Razer Blackwidow broke the 4 Button just doesn't register doubletaps anymore but I don't know why.

So I think I want to buy the Qpad MK-50 with brown switches. Do you think it's a good choice , does anyone have experience with that keyboard? And do you think the brown switches are good for RTS ?

Thank you bros
HyDrA_solic
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Portugal491 Posts
March 11 2013 19:40 GMT
#5239
Life uses Qpad himself, so they should be okay I personally just love Ducky.

And yes, MX Browns are good for RTS. I have tried all of them, and I prefer the "softness" of Browns for quick gaming. However, you should know that every person preferes their Switch type. If you have a chance to try them first, do it so.
It's all about the reflections of freedom. Even though he hoped for a better world, with all his strenght, all his will, the most he could do was to make her smile.
IMoperator
Profile Joined October 2011
4476 Posts
March 12 2013 05:13 GMT
#5240
Ok, so I might be looking for a new keyboard, I'm not exactly sure. But I don't want it to be clicky since I live with a roommate(and at my parents house during some weekends ^^), so no blue switches I guess. I'm the most interested in black keys, but everyone seems to steer people away from them for some reason. Why is that? And also what's a good mechanical keyboard with black switches for relatively cheap? I want to pay ~$100 or less if possible.
Prev 1 260 261 262 263 264 383 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Big Brain Bouts
19:00
#129
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
RotterdaM688
IndyStarCraft 140
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 688
Lowko463
mouzHeroMarine 222
IndyStarCraft 140
MindelVK 21
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 34113
Free 5735
Jaedong 909
BeSt 480
Horang2 441
Soulkey 434
Soma 272
Larva 246
Zeus 245
Mini 232
[ Show more ]
Last 127
sorry 116
Hyun 97
actioN 80
Mind 78
Pusan 75
Sexy 66
Shinee 42
soO 33
scan(afreeca) 19
ToSsGirL 17
yabsab 16
zelot 10
Sacsri 9
Aegong 7
Dota 2
Gorgc5612
Dendi468
XaKoH 282
XcaliburYe175
Counter-Strike
byalli575
Other Games
gofns42897
singsing2157
Coldzera 698
B2W.Neo530
Pyrionflax248
ToD133
trigger5
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV214
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 9
StarCraft 2
TaKeTV 9
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 18
• LUISG 18
• StrangeGG 15
• Gemini_19 12
• Light_VIP 10
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV383
League of Legends
• Jankos3873
Upcoming Events
Online Event
20m
AI Arena Tournament
5h 20m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
7h 20m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
22h 20m
Patches Events
1d 3h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 7h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 7h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Disclosure: This page contains affiliate marketing links that support TLnet.

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.