• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:11
CEST 09:11
KST 16:11
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War435.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror TL Sidebar missing streams Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9830 users

Mechanical Keyboard Guide - Page 260

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 258 259 260 261 262 383 Next
OneBk
Profile Joined February 2010
Sweden157 Posts
March 01 2013 00:25 GMT
#5181
On March 01 2013 09:20 Sovano wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 01 2013 09:13 OneBk wrote:
On March 01 2013 07:00 MassHysteria wrote:
Have you checked out the Ducky's OneBk? I am currently deciding between one or waiting it out(and spending less) for the CM stealth with browns.


isnt duckys just a normal keybaord with lights?

When you put it that way any mechanical keyboard is a keyboard with mechanical switches. Or any LED keyboard is a keyboard with LEDs. I'm not saying you're wrong, but there are other factors to them that differentiate one from another and compels buyers to buy one over the other.


No that is not realy what i ment. What i mean is that duckys are general a keyboard with LEDs that define them. In my eyes atleast. So i ask what makes them so great? do they have the quality of das keyboards or can they come in that cute form of a small board?
MassHysteria
Profile Joined October 2010
United States3678 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-01 01:12:53
March 01 2013 01:11 GMT
#5182
On March 01 2013 09:13 OneBk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 01 2013 07:00 MassHysteria wrote:
Have you checked out the Ducky's OneBk? I am currently deciding between one or waiting it out(and spending less) for the CM stealth with browns.


isnt duckys just a normal keybaord with lights?
Check these out.
"Just ban all the J's...even jinklejoes" --unnamed source
Sovano
Profile Joined November 2011
United States1503 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-01 01:18:22
March 01 2013 01:15 GMT
#5183
On March 01 2013 09:25 OneBk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 01 2013 09:20 Sovano wrote:
On March 01 2013 09:13 OneBk wrote:
On March 01 2013 07:00 MassHysteria wrote:
Have you checked out the Ducky's OneBk? I am currently deciding between one or waiting it out(and spending less) for the CM stealth with browns.


isnt duckys just a normal keybaord with lights?

When you put it that way any mechanical keyboard is a keyboard with mechanical switches. Or any LED keyboard is a keyboard with LEDs. I'm not saying you're wrong, but there are other factors to them that differentiate one from another and compels buyers to buy one over the other.


No that is not realy what i ment. What i mean is that duckys are general a keyboard with LEDs that define them. In my eyes atleast. So i ask what makes them so great? do they have the quality of das keyboards or can they come in that cute form of a small board?

Sorry for the misinterpretation. Personally I bought my Ducky because it still has a good quality feel to the switches and Ducky is one of the top, if not the leading manufacturer in LEDs. They offer a variety of LED colors, have both full and tenkeyless versions, and their LEDs and keycaps go well together. I'd have a damn hard time finding better ones that can shine through the keycaps better. Some are equipped to do so, but I've found they've always made the LEDs dimmer which I personally don't like. My Ducky version has some really neat LED modes I can choose from and customize as well, that's another reason why I got it. The reactive mode is really fun to use sometimes. For these reasons I chose it over other keyboards.
OneBk
Profile Joined February 2010
Sweden157 Posts
March 01 2013 04:22 GMT
#5184
On March 01 2013 10:11 MassHysteria wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 01 2013 09:13 OneBk wrote:
On March 01 2013 07:00 MassHysteria wrote:
Have you checked out the Ducky's OneBk? I am currently deciding between one or waiting it out(and spending less) for the CM stealth with browns.


isnt duckys just a normal keybaord with lights?
Check these out.


Bro, that was gold.
OneBk
Profile Joined February 2010
Sweden157 Posts
March 01 2013 04:45 GMT
#5185
On March 01 2013 10:15 Sovano wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 01 2013 09:25 OneBk wrote:
On March 01 2013 09:20 Sovano wrote:
On March 01 2013 09:13 OneBk wrote:
On March 01 2013 07:00 MassHysteria wrote:
Have you checked out the Ducky's OneBk? I am currently deciding between one or waiting it out(and spending less) for the CM stealth with browns.


isnt duckys just a normal keybaord with lights?

When you put it that way any mechanical keyboard is a keyboard with mechanical switches. Or any LED keyboard is a keyboard with LEDs. I'm not saying you're wrong, but there are other factors to them that differentiate one from another and compels buyers to buy one over the other.


No that is not realy what i ment. What i mean is that duckys are general a keyboard with LEDs that define them. In my eyes atleast. So i ask what makes them so great? do they have the quality of das keyboards or can they come in that cute form of a small board?

Sorry for the misinterpretation. Personally I bought my Ducky because it still has a good quality feel to the switches and Ducky is one of the top, if not the leading manufacturer in LEDs. They offer a variety of LED colors, have both full and tenkeyless versions, and their LEDs and keycaps go well together. I'd have a damn hard time finding better ones that can shine through the keycaps better. Some are equipped to do so, but I've found they've always made the LEDs dimmer which I personally don't like. My Ducky version has some really neat LED modes I can choose from and customize as well, that's another reason why I got it. The reactive mode is really fun to use sometimes. For these reasons I chose it over other keyboards.


Now that is what i would like to call a good answer! So basicly they are the best brand for LED Boards.


Is there any one that has experiance with vortex boards?
ZenithM
Profile Joined February 2011
France15952 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-01 05:55:05
March 01 2013 05:53 GMT
#5186
Edit: Wow, way to post on the wrong thread.
Btw I bought a TTesports Knucker (with its alledged "pseudo mechanical feel"), I'll update this post with my comments on it when I receive it.
Ropid
Profile Joined March 2009
Germany3557 Posts
March 01 2013 22:00 GMT
#5187
I just noticed the E key on my keyboard rattling slightly. Pulling off key caps and comparing different keys, it seems the switch itself is a bit loose and rattling. If I just put a blob of glue on all sides of the switch it will stop to rattle, but will the key fail in the future? Is it perhaps not soldered correctly? What's the "correct" way to proceed from here?

The keyboard is from Keycool, if anyone's interested to know.
"My goal is to replace my soul with coffee and become immortal."
PlasticBrain
Profile Joined March 2012
Germany9 Posts
March 02 2013 00:46 GMT
#5188
Hey guys,
My dad is looking for a new keyboard for work and i offered my help to find a good one for him.
Problem right now is, im probably not that into mechanical keyboards than i thought i was, so i ask TL!

The keyboard should be with MX reds/browns/clear i guess since this will be his first mechanical keyboard, and Blues might be too noisy for the office.(his door is open a lot of times and i dont want to be the reason his secretary is gonna flip out. LoL)
Furtheremore it has to look somewhat like 'serious business' because he meets his clients in his office, so it shouldnt look like he stole the gaming keyboard of his 12yo son ;-)
3rd big problem is: Germany. Most Keyboards i looked up so far only ship to US, and reshipping would be too much effort for him i guess.

So finally the good news:
Price doesnt matter, as long as it is somewhat reasonable.

So TL, im really hoping you can help me with that.
Thx in advance )
Ropid
Profile Joined March 2009
Germany3557 Posts
March 02 2013 01:39 GMT
#5189
I think the only keyboards with a serious look and German layout you can get are daskeyboard, Steelseries 6g, Cherry G80-3000 and Filco Majestouch.

Filco is 160 €.

Cherry is 60 €. The one that says it's "tactile" uses clear instead of brown switches, which are heavy like black switches. It's not plate mounted and feels cheap, the design looks old and has lots of wasted space because they use the general size for variants with card readers, etc.

Steelseries has a weird layout for the Enter and right Shift key and it's only with black switches.

das keyboard is 120 € or something, but the German layout is sold out at Amazon.de. "Professional" is the one with labels on the keys, "ultimate" the one with blank keys.

wasdkeyboards.com ship internationally, I think, so perhaps try that. You could put the logo of the business on the Escape key or something.
"My goal is to replace my soul with coffee and become immortal."
mk.ultra
Profile Joined March 2012
United States54 Posts
March 02 2013 17:42 GMT
#5190
What about the Cooler Master Quickfire TK for Red/Blue MX switch value? I just ordered a TK Blue for $72 shipped and it seems like one of the very best backlit mech keyboard values on the market currently.
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
Havik_
Profile Joined November 2011
United States5585 Posts
March 03 2013 05:31 GMT
#5191
On March 03 2013 02:42 mk.ultra wrote:
What about the Cooler Master Quickfire TK for Red/Blue MX switch value? I just ordered a TK Blue for $72 shipped and it seems like one of the very best backlit mech keyboard values on the market currently.


The way the implement the backlight IS the best on the market right now. The value on it is sick too. You normally can't get anything backlit under $100. I have the MX blue version and I fucking love this thing!!! Just hope its not too loud for my apartment. If so, I'll have to get the mx brown version too :p
"An opinion is only as good as the evidence that backs it up."- William O'Malley, S.J.
MasterTeddy
Profile Joined March 2012
Finland2 Posts
March 03 2013 08:33 GMT
#5192
Hi PlasticBrain!

I would recommend Das Keyboard. Maybe the professional one with browns. The ones with brown switches are called "Silent". I myself use Das (with blue switches) in my office and it feels just great. It doesn't have any flashy lights and it doens't look wierd.

I bought mine from http://www.getdigital.de/products/Das_Keyboard_Model_S_Professional and they seem to still have those silent ones in stock. Just something to think about.
eBinTestO
Profile Joined August 2012
Finland104 Posts
March 03 2013 09:06 GMT
#5193
I would also recommend a Das. Looks clean, built well and it's awesome to type on. I ordered mine from getdigital.de, and they still have the "older" model of Das which is made by Costar.
ACrow
Profile Joined October 2011
Germany6583 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-03 13:56:06
March 03 2013 13:54 GMT
#5194
On March 02 2013 09:46 PlasticBrain wrote:
Hey guys,
My dad is looking for a new keyboard for work and i offered my help to find a good one for him.
Problem right now is, im probably not that into mechanical keyboards than i thought i was, so i ask TL!

The keyboard should be with MX reds/browns/clear i guess since this will be his first mechanical keyboard, and Blues might be too noisy for the office.(his door is open a lot of times and i dont want to be the reason his secretary is gonna flip out. LoL)
Furtheremore it has to look somewhat like 'serious business' because he meets his clients in his office, so it shouldnt look like he stole the gaming keyboard of his 12yo son ;-)
3rd big problem is: Germany. Most Keyboards i looked up so far only ship to US, and reshipping would be too much effort for him i guess.

So finally the good news:
Price doesnt matter, as long as it is somewhat reasonable.

So TL, im really hoping you can help me with that.
Thx in advance )

A lot of colleagues in my office use Cherry G80 with clear switches (to give you an idea: it's engineering, so lots of programming is involved, but also text typing). Easy to get in Germany, very normal office look, they don't make a lot of noise and still feel good (maybe a tad stiff for my taste, also the casing feels a little cheap).
Get off my lawn, young punks
[S9] taeZaKi
Profile Joined May 2012
50 Posts
March 04 2013 05:24 GMT
#5195
[image loading]

I recently got a Corsair K90, and I'm pretty happy; no issues that other users have been having, and am loving the dedicated media buttons. I got used to the non-mechanical keys as well.

I found this beauty out though. If it ever comes out, I'm thinking about getting it. Unless anyone else has a suggestion for a backlit KB with a white shell o.O
Havik_
Profile Joined November 2011
United States5585 Posts
March 04 2013 05:57 GMT
#5196
One of the Cooler Master guys said that the White body Quickfire XT pictured up there isn't coming out. He said a White body TK could come out, but I think that's pretty unlikely at this point too. I don't think there are any White body keyboards with backlighting. I could be wrong on that though.
"An opinion is only as good as the evidence that backs it up."- William O'Malley, S.J.
RoranRock
Profile Joined October 2011
France294 Posts
March 04 2013 07:02 GMT
#5197
usally i don't like white ckeyboard case but i have to admitt that this one is very nice to see !
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." Albert Einstein
EllyHaTran
Profile Joined May 2011
United States3 Posts
March 04 2013 17:51 GMT
#5198
Hey everyone, I was wondering what mechanical keyboard would you recommend for me? I am from NA and occasionally use my PC for tying for college. The games I am currently playing on my PC are SC2, DoTa, LoL, and sometimes old RPG games.

I think I want to go brown keys, but I do not know which company to buy from or where I can get a good keyboard. My price range will be like 80-150ish.
Boblhead
Profile Joined August 2010
United States2577 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-04 18:45:20
March 04 2013 18:44 GMT
#5199
On March 05 2013 02:51 EllyHaTran wrote:
Hey everyone, I was wondering what mechanical keyboard would you recommend for me? I am from NA and occasionally use my PC for tying for college. The games I am currently playing on my PC are SC2, DoTa, LoL, and sometimes old RPG games.

I think I want to go brown keys, but I do not know which company to buy from or where I can get a good keyboard. My price range will be like 80-150ish.

companies i recommend
ducky, leopold, noppo, rosewill, they carry brown switches in both full sized and tenkeyless.

newegg.com
elitekeyboards.com
mechanicalkeyboards.com/
Gamegene
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States8308 Posts
March 04 2013 20:01 GMT
#5200
On March 04 2013 14:24 [S9] taeZaKi wrote:
[image loading]

I recently got a Corsair K90, and I'm pretty happy; no issues that other users have been having, and am loving the dedicated media buttons. I got used to the non-mechanical keys as well.

I found this beauty out though. If it ever comes out, I'm thinking about getting it. Unless anyone else has a suggestion for a backlit KB with a white shell o.O


wow that looks sexy!
Throw on your favorite jacket and you're good to roll. Stroll through the trees and let your miseries go.
Prev 1 258 259 260 261 262 383 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 50m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Free 1117
BeSt 289
sorry 107
Soma 90
Soulkey 71
Mind 65
Bale 25
ZergMaN 16
ajuk12(nOOB) 10
Shuttle 0
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm191
League of Legends
JimRising 611
Other Games
summit1g9211
WinterStarcraft751
Coldzera 713
C9.Mang0277
Sick191
febbydoto10
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick684
BasetradeTV236
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2238
Other Games
• Shiphtur720
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
2h 50m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
4h 50m
AI Arena Tournament
9h 50m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
11h 50m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 2h
Patches Events
1d 7h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 11h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 11h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.