• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:35
CEST 08:35
KST 15:35
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War435.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror TL Sidebar missing streams Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9835 users

Mechanical Keyboard Guide - Page 258

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 256 257 258 259 260 383 Next
RoranRock
Profile Joined October 2011
France294 Posts
February 25 2013 18:41 GMT
#5141
:O
I NEED the keyboard
fell in love with it thir first time i saw it !!!
hope i'll be also with brown switchs and i hope that it will be purchase in europe ♥
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." Albert Einstein
Sovano
Profile Joined November 2011
United States1503 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-25 21:02:04
February 25 2013 21:01 GMT
#5142
Kind of funny how when they first came out the only complain was the over-branding. Now that keyboard is literally zero lol. I remember sneaking out of my house and driving an hour to get my first mechanical keyboard, which was the CM Storm Rapid QFR.
crms
Profile Joined February 2010
United States11933 Posts
February 25 2013 21:09 GMT
#5143
Looks great! I luckily have the 'un-branded' version that I picked up for $60 (mx blues) and I really like it. I can never decide if I want to use my filco majestouch with mx browns for my measly $60 CM, that's how nice it feels. So far I've been leaning towards the CM because it's tenkeyless and I really enjoy gaming on that setup.
http://i.imgur.com/fAUOr2c.png | Fighting games are great
Havik_
Profile Joined November 2011
United States5585 Posts
February 25 2013 21:46 GMT
#5144
The Quickfire Stealth looks great! If I needed another board, I'd consider it. I really like my Quickfire TK though. The backlight looks amazing.
"An opinion is only as good as the evidence that backs it up."- William O'Malley, S.J.
grockey
Profile Joined September 2012
United States51 Posts
February 25 2013 22:21 GMT
#5145
Thanks guys!!
Forever Bronze
Hokay
Profile Joined May 2007
United States738 Posts
February 25 2013 23:49 GMT
#5146
On February 26 2013 06:01 Sovano wrote:
Kind of funny how when they first came out the only complain was the over-branding. Now that keyboard is literally zero lol. I remember sneaking out of my house and driving an hour to get my first mechanical keyboard, which was the CM Storm Rapid QFR.


CM is great at taking feedback and making changes. They dropped iOne because their target audience wouldn't touch any of their keyboards once they found out it was manufactured by them lol.

On February 25 2013 15:44 Havik_ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 25 2013 12:41 SecondSandwich wrote:
I am having a really hard time deciding between the Zowie Celeritas and the Das Keyboard Model S Professional Soft Pressure Point Mechanical Keyboard (Brown switches). Can anyone convince me one way or the other? They both seem simple and solid.



Das is one of the top brands in mechanical keyboards. Das Keyboard by far. It also has a USB hub, which the Celeritas doesn't have. No brainier there really. If it was Das vs a Filco board, then there's some touch decisions that need to be made.



I guess it depends which Das you get. I heard the quality of some models/newer models have went down ever since they switched manufactures.
Nithix
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States184 Posts
February 26 2013 09:55 GMT
#5147
Finally ordered my 104 key Filco brown's. Supposed to ship today and it'll be in in three ish days I hope. I was thinking about making a video of it. Is it pathetic that I'm that excited about finally getting a mechanical keyboard? lol
Not even death can save you from me. - Diablo
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
February 26 2013 10:08 GMT
#5148
On February 26 2013 18:55 Nithix wrote:
Finally ordered my 104 key Filco brown's. Supposed to ship today and it'll be in in three ish days I hope. I was thinking about making a video of it. Is it pathetic that I'm that excited about finally getting a mechanical keyboard? lol


Never :D
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
crms
Profile Joined February 2010
United States11933 Posts
February 26 2013 17:42 GMT
#5149
On February 26 2013 18:55 Nithix wrote:
Finally ordered my 104 key Filco brown's. Supposed to ship today and it'll be in in three ish days I hope. I was thinking about making a video of it. Is it pathetic that I'm that excited about finally getting a mechanical keyboard? lol


your world is about to be turned upsidedown. have fun.
http://i.imgur.com/fAUOr2c.png | Fighting games are great
Marcus420
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada1923 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-27 04:57:37
February 27 2013 04:54 GMT
#5150
[image loading]

Also got a korean LZ-GH keyboard in the works.. :3
xSifox
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada4 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-27 07:24:38
February 27 2013 07:23 GMT
#5151
Just gonna come show off and then return to lurking.

http://i.imgur.com/VDyamVU.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/jLh9lf7.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/vgGroq6h.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/ogY9D1N.jpg
Blaec
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia4289 Posts
February 27 2013 08:40 GMT
#5152
On February 27 2013 16:23 xSifox wrote:
Just gonna come show off and then return to lurking.

http://i.imgur.com/VDyamVU.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/jLh9lf7.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/vgGroq6h.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/ogY9D1N.jpg


Very nice

What is the shiny silver cap?
m1rk3
Profile Joined July 2011
Canada412 Posts
February 27 2013 14:24 GMT
#5153
On February 26 2013 06:01 Sovano wrote:
Kind of funny how when they first came out the only complain was the over-branding. Now that keyboard is literally zero lol. I remember sneaking out of my house and driving an hour to get my first mechanical keyboard, which was the CM Storm Rapid QFR.


I was sad when i got my QFR (blues), even the logo between the esc and f1 was gone. The only thing that remained was the cm storm on the top left front.
For the Dominion!
MassHysteria
Profile Joined October 2010
United States3678 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-27 18:17:41
February 27 2013 17:57 GMT
#5154
On February 27 2013 16:23 xSifox wrote:
Just gonna come show off and then return to lurking.

http://i.imgur.com/VDyamVU.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/jLh9lf7.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/vgGroq6h.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/ogY9D1N.jpg

dam. Those are really sick.

edit: Looking for a brown-switch board, might just have to wait for that CM stealt 0_0
"Just ban all the J's...even jinklejoes" --unnamed source
xSifox
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada4 Posts
February 28 2013 00:02 GMT
#5155
On February 27 2013 17:40 Blaec wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 27 2013 16:23 xSifox wrote:
Just gonna come show off and then return to lurking.

http://i.imgur.com/VDyamVU.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/jLh9lf7.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/vgGroq6h.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/ogY9D1N.jpg


Very nice

What is the shiny silver cap?


It's a whale.

I use Cherry MX Clears with 62g Gold springs lubricated with RO-59.
Sovano
Profile Joined November 2011
United States1503 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-28 02:08:39
February 28 2013 02:07 GMT
#5156
On February 27 2013 13:54 Marcus420 wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Also got a korean LZ-GH keyboard in the works.. :3

Nice keycap and keyboard!

On February 27 2013 23:24 m1rk3 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 26 2013 06:01 Sovano wrote:
Kind of funny how when they first came out the only complain was the over-branding. Now that keyboard is literally zero lol. I remember sneaking out of my house and driving an hour to get my first mechanical keyboard, which was the CM Storm Rapid QFR.


I was sad when i got my QFR (blues), even the logo between the esc and f1 was gone. The only thing that remained was the cm storm on the top left front.

Damn, my grammar is just terrible sometimes. When I see people quote my earlier posts, I just cringe every time.

I still have the original version in near perfect condition. It's just something I'm never going to let go of lol. I use it for SC2, but that's it. Otherwise I use my Ducky Shine II for everything else.

Aquila-
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
516 Posts
February 28 2013 02:36 GMT
#5157
Man I want a mechanical keyboard but I am so lost. I am from EU and in local stores there are only 3 ones available that I dont like, I also dont really want to order over internet since I cant test them out, I dont even know what switch type I want, I had no chance to test different ones out yet. I am pretty sure I want either blue, brown or red. The ones in store here are cheap but I am afraid they are lower quality, ofc a filco would be awesome but those are sooo expensive...sigh....anyone has a tip for me?
da_head
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Canada3350 Posts
February 28 2013 03:36 GMT
#5158
On February 27 2013 13:54 Marcus420 wrote:
Also got a korean LZ-GH keyboard in the works.. :3

Where the fuck did you get that keycap @_@
When they see MC Probe, all the ladies disrobe.
Sovano
Profile Joined November 2011
United States1503 Posts
February 28 2013 03:50 GMT
#5159
On February 28 2013 11:36 Aquila- wrote:
Man I want a mechanical keyboard but I am so lost. I am from EU and in local stores there are only 3 ones available that I dont like, I also dont really want to order over internet since I cant test them out, I dont even know what switch type I want, I had no chance to test different ones out yet. I am pretty sure I want either blue, brown or red. The ones in store here are cheap but I am afraid they are lower quality, ofc a filco would be awesome but those are sooo expensive...sigh....anyone has a tip for me?

Where do you live in the EU? Deskthority is an EU mechanical keyboard forum if you want to hit them up. Perhaps they can direct you to local stores that have some decent keyboards or internet sites that ship from the EU so shipping would cost less. For most newcomers, blues or browns will be the best keys to try out first. Also don't expect to find cheap, mechanical keyboards. They may seem pricey to you, but the money is well spent if you pick a quality keyboard. The Filco's price cost is definitely justified by its superior quality.
Hokay
Profile Joined May 2007
United States738 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-28 04:29:38
February 28 2013 04:21 GMT
#5160
On February 28 2013 11:36 Aquila- wrote:
Man I want a mechanical keyboard but I am so lost. I am from EU and in local stores there are only 3 ones available that I dont like, I also dont really want to order over internet since I cant test them out, I dont even know what switch type I want, I had no chance to test different ones out yet. I am pretty sure I want either blue, brown or red. The ones in store here are cheap but I am afraid they are lower quality, ofc a filco would be awesome but those are sooo expensive...sigh....anyone has a tip for me?


If you want "Filco like" quality without breaking the bank, then look into the CM Quickfire Rapid series, but not the ones with the led lights such as the Pro or TK versions. It's based on filco, but for half the price and it's the best bang for buck in terms of quality, if you don't care about leds, dedicated macro keys, or a numpad. To many, the difference is not worth the extra $50-$70 dollars to get the filco over the Quickfire Rapid.

Although they do look expensive in your area T.T They can be had here in the states for as low as $55.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Storm-Quickfire-Rapid-Mechanical-Keyboard/dp/B0076H47H2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1362023522&sr=8-1

Breakdown of both keyboards


Stay away from razer...
Prev 1 256 257 258 259 260 383 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 25m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
BeSt 330
sorry 75
Mind 65
Bale 28
ZergMaN 12
ajuk12(nOOB) 5
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm174
League of Legends
JimRising 694
Other Games
summit1g8066
Coldzera 730
WinterStarcraft654
C9.Mang0307
Sick168
febbydoto13
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick702
BasetradeTV180
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2192
Other Games
• Shiphtur663
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
3h 25m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
5h 25m
AI Arena Tournament
10h 25m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
12h 25m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 3h
Patches Events
1d 8h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 12h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 12h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Disclosure: This page contains affiliate marketing links that support TLnet.

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.