• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:28
CEST 08:28
KST 15:28
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War605.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8110 users

Mechanical Keyboard Guide - Page 257

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 255 256 257 258 259 383 Next
RoranRock
Profile Joined October 2011
France294 Posts
February 21 2013 17:44 GMT
#5121
too bad newegg only ship in USA
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." Albert Einstein
Hokay
Profile Joined May 2007
United States738 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-21 19:30:28
February 21 2013 18:37 GMT
#5122
On February 22 2013 02:39 Havik_ wrote:
For $72 and free shipping, you're nuts if you don't buy this:

+ Show Spoiler +

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823129012



Meh I think I'm over LEDs. At least with the two led mech boards I got, the parts ( painted keycaps, cherry stabilizers etc.) they use on led boards lessen the quality of the typing experience for me, and ever since I got a second monitor I have more than enough light at night to see my keys if i was ever to look down at my keyboard to find something.
Sovano
Profile Joined November 2011
United States1503 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-21 23:51:55
February 21 2013 23:51 GMT
#5123
LEDs don't affect your typing experience, at least not physically, at all to my knowledge. You can mod a keyboard to have LEDs if you wanted to and it'd still be the same, but the difference is with LEDs. Of course, it depends on what LED keyboard you're buying. They do cost money, and sometimes companies will cheap out on other parts in order to fit that in. Most aren't bad though in my opinion. I still have my Ducky Shine II and love my LEDs to this day.
Havik_
Profile Joined November 2011
United States5585 Posts
February 22 2013 04:53 GMT
#5124
So I've finally settled on the Quickfire TK with blues and I gotta say the blues on this feel totally different to the ones on the Razer Blackwidow. I like these better. The tactile feel is more pronounced and the keys have a more springy nature to them, they also sound better and a bit quieter. IDK what Razer did with the keys on the Blackwidow, but I gotta way that the rumors were correct. Blues on the Blackwidow are definitely not standard MX blues.
"An opinion is only as good as the evidence that backs it up."- William O'Malley, S.J.
Fragile51
Profile Joined October 2011
Netherlands15767 Posts
February 22 2013 15:58 GMT
#5125
On February 21 2013 16:56 kill619 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 21 2013 16:23 Gamegene wrote:
speaking outside of keyboards here, asking people "CAN I USE MY CHERRY MX BLUE SWITCH KEYBOARD IS THAT OKAY IS IT TOO LOUD" etc. is really socially awkward, especially when it's a given that it IS annoying for a lot of people.

don't bring it.


umm, it's only as awkward as you make it. Brought my keyboard to work and nobody cared about the sound of blues, even when I asked. Most people aren't even going to think about the sound of your keyboard other than it sounds pretty much like any other keyboard. Typing on membrane switches makes sounds too.


Likewise. I'm using my Filco with blues at my workplace as well and aside from the "woah that's pretty loud" i haven't had any heavy objects flung at my head so i guess i'm good :p
Sovano
Profile Joined November 2011
United States1503 Posts
February 22 2013 20:19 GMT
#5126
Not yet at least....
Havik_
Profile Joined November 2011
United States5585 Posts
February 23 2013 09:31 GMT
#5127
Do you guys know if there has ever been, or ever will be a linear clicky switch? Think an MX red with the clicky feedback of the blues, but no bump. Is this even physically possible. I don't think it is based on how the switches are engineered,but I'm just curious :p
"An opinion is only as good as the evidence that backs it up."- William O'Malley, S.J.
FredDan
Profile Joined October 2011
United States37 Posts
February 23 2013 09:48 GMT
#5128
On February 23 2013 18:31 Havik_ wrote:
Do you guys know if there has ever been, or ever will be a linear clicky switch? Think an MX red with the clicky feedback of the blues, but no bump. Is this even physically possible. I don't think it is based on how the switches are engineered,but I'm just curious :p


Not likely. If you're looking for audible feedback for actuation you're probably better off installing a program that clicks for you.
RoranRock
Profile Joined October 2011
France294 Posts
February 23 2013 09:54 GMT
#5129
do you guys know what is the keyboard that is used by Grubby ?
seems to be tenkeyless mechanical but which one ?
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." Albert Einstein
derpface
Profile Joined October 2012
Sweden925 Posts
February 23 2013 15:27 GMT
#5130
On February 23 2013 18:54 RoranRock wrote:
do you guys know what is the keyboard that is used by Grubby ?
seems to be tenkeyless mechanical but which one ?


Blackwidow Tournament edition.

Might be the stealth edition. If it is its Mx Brown compared to Mx Blue on the non stealth.
gg no re #_< no1 Hydra and Leta fan >_#
Sovano
Profile Joined November 2011
United States1503 Posts
February 23 2013 18:23 GMT
#5131
Grubby uses three mechanical keyboards. I only remember him saying Ducky Shine for one of them. The other two I forgot. This was on his stream about two weeks ago.
Kazar
Profile Joined February 2013
Germany32 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-23 23:08:15
February 23 2013 23:06 GMT
#5132
He is testing three Keyboards right now: Razer Tournament Edition BlackWidow (Stealth); Das Keyboard Professional Model S (Silent); Ducky keyboard (most likely Shine 2). This is what the Q&A says under the stream. At the Moment i think he's testing the Ducky Shine, doesn't look like blackwidow or Das. All of them cherry browns.


Havik_
Profile Joined November 2011
United States5585 Posts
February 24 2013 05:04 GMT
#5133
Out of those three I'd definitely go with the Ducky. Backlit and tenkeyless, which I love.
"An opinion is only as good as the evidence that backs it up."- William O'Malley, S.J.
SecondSandwich
Profile Joined July 2008
United States319 Posts
February 25 2013 03:41 GMT
#5134
I am having a really hard time deciding between the Zowie Celeritas and the Das Keyboard Model S Professional Soft Pressure Point Mechanical Keyboard (Brown switches). Can anyone convince me one way or the other? They both seem simple and solid.
"Whatever [flash] says is the best, is the best" -Artosis i!i!i!i!i!Find Match!i!i!i!i!!i
Havik_
Profile Joined November 2011
United States5585 Posts
February 25 2013 06:44 GMT
#5135
On February 25 2013 12:41 SecondSandwich wrote:
I am having a really hard time deciding between the Zowie Celeritas and the Das Keyboard Model S Professional Soft Pressure Point Mechanical Keyboard (Brown switches). Can anyone convince me one way or the other? They both seem simple and solid.



Das is one of the top brands in mechanical keyboards. Das Keyboard by far. It also has a USB hub, which the Celeritas doesn't have. No brainier there really. If it was Das vs a Filco board, then there's some touch decisions that need to be made.
"An opinion is only as good as the evidence that backs it up."- William O'Malley, S.J.
grockey
Profile Joined September 2012
United States51 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-25 08:16:33
February 25 2013 07:51 GMT
#5136
I have been thinking about getting a mechanical Keyboard for my new pc and I was wondering if you guys could help me out. I prefer typing on my laptops (a macbook pro and Sony Vaio )because of the short travel distance and how little force it takes to press down. Is there a keyboard or switch type that I should be looking for? Thanks guys in advance!!
Forever Bronze
Eskiya23
Profile Joined March 2010
Netherlands105 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-25 10:21:54
February 25 2013 10:19 GMT
#5137
On February 25 2013 16:51 grockey wrote:
I have been thinking about getting a mechanical Keyboard for my new pc and I was wondering if you guys could help me out. I prefer typing on my laptops (a macbook pro and Sony Vaio )because of the short travel distance and how little force it takes to press down. Is there a keyboard or switch type that I should be looking for? Thanks guys in advance!!


Maybe you could buy those slim type of keyboards made by Logitec ? Or try these type of keyboards with a little bit of lower action;

+ Show Spoiler +
http://www.ttesports.com/products/product.aspx?p=33&g=ftr
Wisdom. Judgement. Execution. Stream: twitch.tv/eskiyasc2 Twitter: @EskiyaSC
Blaec
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia4289 Posts
February 25 2013 12:05 GMT
#5138
On February 25 2013 16:51 grockey wrote:
I have been thinking about getting a mechanical Keyboard for my new pc and I was wondering if you guys could help me out. I prefer typing on my laptops (a macbook pro and Sony Vaio )because of the short travel distance and how little force it takes to press down. Is there a keyboard or switch type that I should be looking for? Thanks guys in advance!!


Have a look at a scissor switch keyboard, afaik logitech and apple make the best.

Cherry mx switches are very different from laptop keyboards.
SecondSandwich
Profile Joined July 2008
United States319 Posts
February 25 2013 16:41 GMT
#5139
On February 25 2013 15:44 Havik_ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 25 2013 12:41 SecondSandwich wrote:
I am having a really hard time deciding between the Zowie Celeritas and the Das Keyboard Model S Professional Soft Pressure Point Mechanical Keyboard (Brown switches). Can anyone convince me one way or the other? They both seem simple and solid.



Das is one of the top brands in mechanical keyboards. Das Keyboard by far. It also has a USB hub, which the Celeritas doesn't have. No brainier there really. If it was Das vs a Filco board, then there's some touch decisions that need to be made.



Thanks for the input! I took your advice and went with the Das. I am pretty stoked for it's arrival
"Whatever [flash] says is the best, is the best" -Artosis i!i!i!i!i!Find Match!i!i!i!i!!i
Blaec
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia4289 Posts
February 25 2013 18:20 GMT
#5140
Apparently there is a new CM quickfire rapid on the way

A slightly updated quickfire rapid with filco ninja style caps.
Prev 1 255 256 257 258 259 383 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 32m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4367
Leta 1794
Shuttle 1128
Shine 33
sorry 32
ZergMaN 30
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm224
League of Legends
JimRising 610
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King56
Other Games
summit1g7506
WinterStarcraft650
Sick182
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick516
BasetradeTV252
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Letter1420
• Sammyuel 12
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2210
League of Legends
• Lourlo1102
• Rush1062
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3h 32m
Patches Events
8h 32m
BSL Open Qualifier
12h 32m
BSL Open Qualifier
12h 32m
OSC
16h 32m
OSC
1d 5h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Disclosure: This page contains affiliate marketing links that support TLnet.

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.