• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:29
CEST 15:29
KST 22:29
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War65.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202620Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] ASL22 General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10173 users

Mechanical Keyboard Guide - Page 255

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 253 254 255 256 257 383 Next
Patrick2810
Profile Joined September 2011
35 Posts
February 18 2013 10:03 GMT
#5081
The tour de france comparison is better suited to making a player play on 20fps all the time.
llIH
Profile Joined June 2011
Norway2147 Posts
February 18 2013 12:07 GMT
#5082
"More responsive and more accurate". The numbers are overkill for what a human hand is able to perform. I don't remember where I read about the numbers. But it was pretty insane. I think it has gone in the direction of the mice. High DPI as much as 9000 is practically useless. Even USB mode is overkill. I bought an MX Red Leopold keyboard. And I felt I miss clicked a lot of times. I switched back. But I am going to make another try at MX Black or MX Brown.
TRaFFiC
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Canada1448 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-18 12:24:11
February 18 2013 12:23 GMT
#5083
On February 18 2013 21:07 llIH wrote:
"More responsive and more accurate". The numbers are overkill for what a human hand is able to perform. I don't remember where I read about the numbers. But it was pretty insane. I think it has gone in the direction of the mice. High DPI as much as 9000 is practically useless. Even USB mode is overkill. I bought an MX Red Leopold keyboard. And I felt I miss clicked a lot of times. I switched back. But I am going to make another try at MX Black or MX Brown.

I tried a corsair k60 in the shop wih red keys and it didn't feel great at all for rts for the reasons you say. Too easy to hit a key by accident. I would try black.

If you're lucky or live in US or Canada you can find a best buy or gaming shop with a great return policy. All the gear I'm using now is rented for free at their expense. :D
2v2, 1v1, Zerg, Terran http://www.twitch.tv/trafficsc2
evilfatsh1t
Profile Joined October 2010
Australia8930 Posts
February 18 2013 13:40 GMT
#5084
so i live in korea and i dont think its easy for me to find a place where i could physically test out mechanical keyboards
so im going to ask people here
basically ive used laptop keyboards for the last 2 yrs almost exclusively (since i only own a laptop)
im getting a new desktop now, but i dont have a keyboard and was thinking about getting a mechanical one
recommended keyboards? mainly the switch. i really like the feel of laptop keyboards, so if anything feels like laptop ones thatd be good. i game a lot, but i do normal stuff too like typing and stuff (im just on the computer a lot).
i dont like loud keyboards, but i do need to feel the "click" when i press a key on a keyboard. so im guessing browns?
Blaec
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia4289 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-18 14:09:00
February 18 2013 14:07 GMT
#5085
On February 18 2013 22:40 evilfatsh1t wrote:
so i live in korea and i dont think its easy for me to find a place where i could physically test out mechanical keyboards
so im going to ask people here
basically ive used laptop keyboards for the last 2 yrs almost exclusively (since i only own a laptop)
im getting a new desktop now, but i dont have a keyboard and was thinking about getting a mechanical one
recommended keyboards? mainly the switch. i really like the feel of laptop keyboards, so if anything feels like laptop ones thatd be good. i game a lot, but i do normal stuff too like typing and stuff (im just on the computer a lot).
i dont like loud keyboards, but i do need to feel the "click" when i press a key on a keyboard. so im guessing browns?


Laptop keyboards are very different from normal mechanicals. Laptops have a very short travel distance while cherry boards have like 4mm (shitloads) of travel distance.

Also laptop keys are flat, mechanicals are really tall.

So if you really want a mechanical board then try reds (or black/brown) with o-rings, but I would advise just getting a scissor switch keyboard as they are laptop keyboards.

And you should be able to find mech boards in some stores in korea, Leopold is a korean company afaik.
llIH
Profile Joined June 2011
Norway2147 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-18 14:25:06
February 18 2013 14:24 GMT
#5086
On February 18 2013 23:07 Blaec wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 18 2013 22:40 evilfatsh1t wrote:
so i live in korea and i dont think its easy for me to find a place where i could physically test out mechanical keyboards
so im going to ask people here
basically ive used laptop keyboards for the last 2 yrs almost exclusively (since i only own a laptop)
im getting a new desktop now, but i dont have a keyboard and was thinking about getting a mechanical one
recommended keyboards? mainly the switch. i really like the feel of laptop keyboards, so if anything feels like laptop ones thatd be good. i game a lot, but i do normal stuff too like typing and stuff (im just on the computer a lot).
i dont like loud keyboards, but i do need to feel the "click" when i press a key on a keyboard. so im guessing browns?


Laptop keyboards are very different from normal mechanicals. Laptops have a very short travel distance while cherry boards have like 4mm (shitloads) of travel distance.

Also laptop keys are flat, mechanicals are really tall.

So if you really want a mechanical board then try reds (or black/brown) with o-rings, but I would advise just getting a scissor switch keyboard as they are laptop keyboards.

And you should be able to find mech boards in some stores in korea, Leopold is a korean company afaik.


Just use Gmarket English or try out Joygear.co.kr

Rantopad as well
RoranRock
Profile Joined October 2011
France294 Posts
February 18 2013 22:08 GMT
#5087
Best quality : noppoo, key cool or HPE ?
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." Albert Einstein
phar
Profile Joined August 2011
United States1080 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-18 22:25:42
February 18 2013 22:24 GMT
#5088
All about the same. HPE probably the best build of the three (hpe is just a random costar clone). The noppoo is surprisingly sturdy, but outside of China it's probably more expensive than it's worth (can get it like $40-$50 off of taobao, but it costs like double on ebay, at which point you could just get a CM quickfire rapid and be done with it). Also I don't think there's an 87 key noppoo, just the weird 84 key mini format and the full size. So if the flush f-keys would throw you off, stay away.
Who after all is today speaking about the destruction of the Armenians?
RoranRock
Profile Joined October 2011
France294 Posts
February 19 2013 06:26 GMT
#5089
just for information, there is 87 keys noppoo, qtan is selling it on his ebay store
so sad i didn't find a store that purchase he CM storm rapid in europe....
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." Albert Einstein
Havik_
Profile Joined November 2011
United States5585 Posts
February 19 2013 07:26 GMT
#5090
Can't wait for my RK-9000 to get here
"An opinion is only as good as the evidence that backs it up."- William O'Malley, S.J.
Boblhead
Profile Joined August 2010
United States2577 Posts
February 19 2013 08:27 GMT
#5091
On February 19 2013 15:26 RoranRock wrote:
just for information, there is 87 keys noppoo, qtan is selling it on his ebay store
so sad i didn't find a store that purchase he CM storm rapid in europe....


he has sold noppoo choc minis for awhile now.
sabas123
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Netherlands3122 Posts
February 19 2013 11:56 GMT
#5092
hihi, i am gonna buy a new keyboard soon (since my razer blackwidow sucks and some keys don't respond properly)

does anybody have encoutered issues with the CM Storm QuickFire Pro/Rapid?

also which what kind of keys is better for sc, brown or red?
The harder it becomes, the more you should focus on the basics.
Blaec
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia4289 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-19 12:15:47
February 19 2013 12:10 GMT
#5093
On February 19 2013 20:56 sabas123 wrote:
hihi, i am gonna buy a new keyboard soon (since my razer blackwidow sucks and some keys don't respond properly)

does anybody have encoutered issues with the CM Storm QuickFire Pro/Rapid?

also which what kind of keys is better for sc, brown or red?


The rapid is fine, pretty sure the Pro is too, google it abit to check.

You can use any switch for SC2, its all personal opinion. Red's are light, but that means you might accidentally hit them. Browns are just quiet and kind of gritty feeling blues.
kuruptt
Profile Joined August 2012
Canada168 Posts
February 19 2013 12:39 GMT
#5094
Why is the Zowie celeritas in the OP is placed in Value over all ? I remember it being the CM rapid quickfire.....
sabas123
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Netherlands3122 Posts
February 19 2013 19:33 GMT
#5095
On February 19 2013 21:39 kuruptt wrote:
Why is the Zowie celeritas in the OP is placed in Value over all ? I remember it being the CM rapid quickfire.....

are zowie celeritas and cm rapid quickfire the same?0_o

The harder it becomes, the more you should focus on the basics.
Sovano
Profile Joined November 2011
United States1503 Posts
February 19 2013 19:43 GMT
#5096
Of course not...
sylverfyre
Profile Joined May 2010
United States8298 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-19 20:10:29
February 19 2013 20:08 GMT
#5097
On February 19 2013 20:56 sabas123 wrote:
hihi, i am gonna buy a new keyboard soon (since my razer blackwidow sucks and some keys don't respond properly)

does anybody have encoutered issues with the CM Storm QuickFire Pro/Rapid?

also which what kind of keys is better for sc, brown or red?

After a long while of using a steelseries 6gv2 (MX black) I decided I wanted a second mechanical keyboard for my workplace (programming, report-typing, going on TL when I'm supposed to be productive). I tapped on a CM Storm at the store (uh.. whichever one is the MX Brown) and I really liked the feel of browns, and went with it. I doubt I'd like red at all - I'm moderately heavy handed and think the keys would just feel like there's nothing there.

I picked it up and it feels nice. The lightup features are silly in my eyes, but you can turn them off. The only issue I had was actually plugging in the cable into the keyboard (it's an awkward angle tucked in on the bottomside of the keyboard) which took more force than I expected. (at first I thought it wasn't intended to go in "all the way" but the keyboard didnt work so I gave it a good shove.)

As above: yeah, browns mostly feel like blues, but they're quiet. I did notice that if I'm pressing really slowly and carefully (intentionally so) I can feel that the tactile bump is not 100% precisely at the actuation point, but I don't think you can achieve that when you're not pressing very slowly.
HyDrA_solic
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Portugal491 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-19 21:11:43
February 19 2013 21:09 GMT
#5098
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

http://imgur.com/XjcPtBq

Just got my ducky shine 2 MX Cherry Brown It feels so awesome, and its features are a must be for me
It's all about the reflections of freedom. Even though he hoped for a better world, with all his strenght, all his will, the most he could do was to make her smile.
Havik_
Profile Joined November 2011
United States5585 Posts
February 19 2013 23:27 GMT
#5099
Omg I love Brown switches!! They've got he light feel from the reds that I love with the tactile bump of the blues. I still bottom out way more than on blues, but I'm fine with that!!!
"An opinion is only as good as the evidence that backs it up."- William O'Malley, S.J.
wairai
Profile Joined May 2012
Malaysia1000 Posts
February 20 2013 00:13 GMT
#5100
the only reason people avoid buying blue because of it clickyness though and go basically middleground between red and blue which is brown
Yungin' Leanin' with Pourple Drink
Prev 1 253 254 255 256 257 383 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 31m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
LamboSC2 411
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 34889
Calm 7316
Rain 1900
Bisu 1764
Jaedong 1131
Horang2 672
FanTaSy 646
BeSt 531
Larva 435
Soma 420
[ Show more ]
Light 355
Rush 293
Stork 255
ZerO 236
Snow 215
Zeus 171
Barracks 134
Free 125
Mind 99
910 95
Mong 70
Killer 67
Pusan 47
Hyun 47
ToSsGirL 41
NaDa 40
Shinee 36
Aegong 21
Terrorterran 18
Sexy 16
Hm[arnc] 15
sorry 13
Noble 10
Rock 9
Sacsri 8
Icarus 3
Dota 2
Gorgc7999
XaKoH 243
Counter-Strike
fl0m3120
olofmeister886
Other Games
gofns30870
singsing2177
B2W.Neo867
hiko375
Lowko321
crisheroes289
Mlord187
Hui .130
Livibee105
RotterdaM104
Mew2King77
djWHEAT72
QueenE33
ZerO(Twitch)9
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 9
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix13
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3650
• Jankos2447
• TFBlade610
Other Games
• WagamamaTV195
Upcoming Events
OSC
9h 31m
Big Brain Bouts
20h 31m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 3h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 5h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 20h
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.