• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:34
CEST 21:34
KST 04:34
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War325.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
We built a tool to spot smurfs at match start 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8933 users

Mechanical Keyboard Guide - Page 254

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 252 253 254 255 256 383 Next
Gamegene
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States8308 Posts
February 16 2013 00:07 GMT
#5061
On February 16 2013 08:46 derpface wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 16 2013 08:29 Eskiya23 wrote:
Tomorrow I'm going to buy the Razer BlackWidow Tournament edition 2013 (Blue switches) because my main Logitec keyboard has a knack in the cable, and hey Illusion and Grubby use it too.


They use it cause they are sponsored to use them but if you like noise it will do you good.


Illusion uses the Tournament Edition, which is a tenkeyless with Browns.

It also doesn't have the macro keys, so it looks a lot more streamlined.
Throw on your favorite jacket and you're good to roll. Stroll through the trees and let your miseries go.
Havik_
Profile Joined November 2011
United States5585 Posts
February 16 2013 01:05 GMT
#5062
In terms of sound, of the four "main" switches, blues have the click, but the other three sound exactly the same and only really make noise when you bottom them out. For anyone who has never used a mechanical keyboard before, I tell them to go for blues, they'll be the biggest difference, although browns are the best overall switch for everything. I have used reds and enjoyed them quite a bit, but I cannot recommend reds to anyone. The tactile bump of the browns make them the superior switch in my opinion.
"An opinion is only as good as the evidence that backs it up."- William O'Malley, S.J.
Blaec
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia4289 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-16 07:22:00
February 16 2013 07:19 GMT
#5063
On February 16 2013 07:20 TRaFFiC wrote:
Hi everyone. I'm in the market for a mechanical keyboard to play Sc2. I'm looking to spend as much as it takes for a good board. This is the board I been using for 2 years. http://www.amazon.com/Maxell-Keyboard-Large-Letters-191045/sim/B003FXM4IA/2 It's cheap with big keys. I like the deep keys and I'm used to bottoming out on them. What kind of switches/keyboard should I go for? I'm thinking to try the Levetron Clicker http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823839014 .


You can spend anywhere between $60-$150.

Switch wise, just read some guides and decide which would suit you best. Ideally go into a store and try some out.

That levetron looks like it could be pretty cheap and nasty, but Ive never heard of it so who knows.

If you want a plain full size keyboard and want to buy from newegg then Rosewill is a pretty good choice. Just be nice to the removable cable as people have had issues with it.
llIH
Profile Joined June 2011
Norway2147 Posts
February 16 2013 12:05 GMT
#5064
On February 16 2013 08:48 Sovano wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 16 2013 08:19 zoLo wrote:
Are browns really the quietest?

No they are not. They're close to blues in terms of sound. Although if you mod them with o-rings it dampens the sound quite a bit.


I disagree. The blues make way more sound from what I hear. My friend is complaining of my typing from his room when he is sleeping. He does not notice the MX Browns.
derpface
Profile Joined October 2012
Sweden925 Posts
February 16 2013 12:54 GMT
#5065
On February 16 2013 09:07 Gamegene wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 16 2013 08:46 derpface wrote:
On February 16 2013 08:29 Eskiya23 wrote:
Tomorrow I'm going to buy the Razer BlackWidow Tournament edition 2013 (Blue switches) because my main Logitec keyboard has a knack in the cable, and hey Illusion and Grubby use it too.


They use it cause they are sponsored to use them but if you like noise it will do you good.


Illusion uses the Tournament Edition, which is a tenkeyless with Browns.

It also doesn't have the macro keys, so it looks a lot more streamlined.


The tournament edition is a tenkeyless with blues.

The tournament stealth edition is a tenkeyless with browns.

But yeah I like the design much more of the TKL vs full board with macros.

Might get the blue version cause of the design and I want to try blues.
gg no re #_< no1 Hydra and Leta fan >_#
Sovano
Profile Joined November 2011
United States1503 Posts
February 16 2013 16:28 GMT
#5066
On February 16 2013 21:05 llIH wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 16 2013 08:48 Sovano wrote:
On February 16 2013 08:19 zoLo wrote:
Are browns really the quietest?

No they are not. They're close to blues in terms of sound. Although if you mod them with o-rings it dampens the sound quite a bit.


I disagree. The blues make way more sound from what I hear. My friend is complaining of my typing from his room when he is sleeping. He does not notice the MX Browns.

I won't argue over something trivial such as this, but it does depend on the plating you have; which may affect how loud you bottom out. My brown switches are definitely loud, but not as loud as the blue switches. The main difference between the two in my experience is the blue has clicks and the browns do not.
Eskiya23
Profile Joined March 2010
Netherlands105 Posts
February 16 2013 19:50 GMT
#5067
I have bought the BlackWidow Tournament edition (Blue Cherry MX) and you guys were right. They make a lot of noise, even if you dont bottom out it still clicks loudly. Should have gone with the Stealth (Brown Cherry MX), but I guess I can try it out for a few months. Dragon and Optik.Dream use Blue Cherry swiches too, and it didnt seem so loud when I was watching the streams.

A very pleasant thing is the fornat, its very compact. The tenkeyless version really helps you to center in front of your screen. Otherwise your hand is way off left and your mousehand is almost touching your numpad area. Tenkeyless is great.

Another really good point is, they have improved the activation distance. Basically you already press/activate them 2mm in, and 2mm further you bottom out. If you get to type at activation pressure its really really comfortable. If you are a brute and bottom out, It makes way more sound than it usual.

All in all I'm fine with the keyboard, might try out some Browns one of these days. Still need to get used to them.
Wisdom. Judgement. Execution. Stream: twitch.tv/eskiyasc2 Twitter: @EskiyaSC
KDot2
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States1213 Posts
February 17 2013 01:42 GMT
#5068
just wondering what to expect in my realforce 87u ?



its coming monday ... its my first topre but I dont have ridiculous expectations ... although I do hope it is nicer than my filco with browns I wont be shocked if it is not ...

mainly I am hoping it might cause a little less strain over time on my hand and fingers( I heard it might) my filco doesnt really either but when I have to use them for about 8 hours a day at work any little bit helps ( also who knows how much starcraft after work )

so just looking to see what I should expect ? also will I notice a difference due to the PBT caps ? they are very appealing on the eye IMO but I have never used them to type before
TRaFFiC
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Canada1448 Posts
February 17 2013 06:39 GMT
#5069
I just bought the steelseries 6g after using a cheap board for 2 years. My first impression is it feels like I just took off my training wheels. All the people who preach that mech boards wont help your skill seem to be wrong... or playing with less than 100 apm. The cherry black keys are amazing. Probably the coolest thing I ever bought in my life.
2v2, 1v1, Zerg, Terran http://www.twitch.tv/trafficsc2
MistSC2
Profile Joined February 2012
Sweden583 Posts
February 17 2013 23:19 GMT
#5070
I really want to get a das model S proffessional, anyone knows if its avslible with nordic layout?
Maru, TY, Clem <3
llIH
Profile Joined June 2011
Norway2147 Posts
February 18 2013 00:03 GMT
#5071
On February 17 2013 15:39 TRaFFiC wrote:
I just bought the steelseries 6g after using a cheap board for 2 years. My first impression is it feels like I just took off my training wheels. All the people who preach that mech boards wont help your skill seem to be wrong... or playing with less than 100 apm. The cherry black keys are amazing. Probably the coolest thing I ever bought in my life.


DRG switched from Razer mechanical to DT-35 rubber dome keyboard.
Though I think mech keyboards can be better for high apm.
Havik_
Profile Joined November 2011
United States5585 Posts
February 18 2013 02:20 GMT
#5072
On February 18 2013 09:03 llIH wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 17 2013 15:39 TRaFFiC wrote:
I just bought the steelseries 6g after using a cheap board for 2 years. My first impression is it feels like I just took off my training wheels. All the people who preach that mech boards wont help your skill seem to be wrong... or playing with less than 100 apm. The cherry black keys are amazing. Probably the coolest thing I ever bought in my life.


DRG switched from Razer mechanical to DT-35 rubber dome keyboard.
Though I think mech keyboards can be better for high apm.


Maybe DRG just likes the DT 35 more. Players have their preferences. Although if he's willing to go back to a DT 35, he probably would have been better suited with a no frills MX black keyboard such as the 6gv2.
"An opinion is only as good as the evidence that backs it up."- William O'Malley, S.J.
Infernal_dream
Profile Joined September 2011
United States2359 Posts
February 18 2013 02:26 GMT
#5073
On February 17 2013 15:39 TRaFFiC wrote:
I just bought the steelseries 6g after using a cheap board for 2 years. My first impression is it feels like I just took off my training wheels. All the people who preach that mech boards wont help your skill seem to be wrong... or playing with less than 100 apm. The cherry black keys are amazing. Probably the coolest thing I ever bought in my life.


Keyboards don't make you better at the game. I got a mech board and I'm still in the same league. You can give any pro a shitty rubber dome and they'll still stomp face. It's easier to type on, sure. But make you better at the game? Far from it.
!Frost!
Profile Joined March 2011
United States14 Posts
February 18 2013 02:53 GMT
#5074
Hey guys. I wanted to know your thoughts on WASD keyboards. I checked out their site, and I really liked all the customization they had. Right now I have a black widow and I'm looking for a upgrade. Right now I'm using cherry mx blues and I really like they way they feel, but was wondering how browns feel in comparison.
llIH
Profile Joined June 2011
Norway2147 Posts
February 18 2013 03:11 GMT
#5075
On February 18 2013 11:20 Havik_ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 18 2013 09:03 llIH wrote:
On February 17 2013 15:39 TRaFFiC wrote:
I just bought the steelseries 6g after using a cheap board for 2 years. My first impression is it feels like I just took off my training wheels. All the people who preach that mech boards wont help your skill seem to be wrong... or playing with less than 100 apm. The cherry black keys are amazing. Probably the coolest thing I ever bought in my life.


DRG switched from Razer mechanical to DT-35 rubber dome keyboard.
Though I think mech keyboards can be better for high apm.


Maybe DRG just likes the DT 35 more. Players have their preferences. Although if he's willing to go back to a DT 35, he probably would have been better suited with a no frills MX black keyboard such as the 6gv2.


Yes. But it is good to have an example.
TRaFFiC
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Canada1448 Posts
February 18 2013 07:44 GMT
#5076
On February 18 2013 11:26 Infernal_dream wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 17 2013 15:39 TRaFFiC wrote:
I just bought the steelseries 6g after using a cheap board for 2 years. My first impression is it feels like I just took off my training wheels. All the people who preach that mech boards wont help your skill seem to be wrong... or playing with less than 100 apm. The cherry black keys are amazing. Probably the coolest thing I ever bought in my life.


Keyboards don't make you better at the game. I got a mech board and I'm still in the same league. You can give any pro a shitty rubber dome and they'll still stomp face. It's easier to type on, sure. But make you better at the game? Far from it.

Your post is wrong on so many levels man. Saying a keyboard doesn't make you better at sc2 is like saying you can win the Tour de France with a bike from Walmart.

Your league doesn't necessarily determine your skill. You can be improving rapidly and still stay in the same league, especially if it's Masters. You shouldn't expect to go to GM just because of a new keyboard.

I'm willing to bet you're not in Masters and your apm is under 100. Even though, having a mech board will help you even more once you break 200 apm.

The mech board is far more responsive and accurate. It allows you to tab through your production much more easily when macroing. On my old board, after 1 month my shift key would start to lag because I was constantly adding units into different control groups Ex. shift 1, shift 2, shift 1, shift 3, shift 1, shift 1, shift 1. All of this in a couple seconds. Then tabbing through your production buildings ex. 6 aaaaaaaaaadddd Tab ea, 7 ss, 8, ddvv.

My apm has gone up about 10 per game and I only used it for 1 day. My apm went from 70 to 125 on my old board in 5 months before peaking out for the last 3 months. During high apm situations such as 3 base medivac drop style vs protoss I used to hit 160 apm. Now, I break 200 easy and it's much more precise, useful apm.
2v2, 1v1, Zerg, Terran http://www.twitch.tv/trafficsc2
Blaec
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia4289 Posts
February 18 2013 08:06 GMT
#5077
On February 18 2013 16:44 TRaFFiC wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 18 2013 11:26 Infernal_dream wrote:
On February 17 2013 15:39 TRaFFiC wrote:
I just bought the steelseries 6g after using a cheap board for 2 years. My first impression is it feels like I just took off my training wheels. All the people who preach that mech boards wont help your skill seem to be wrong... or playing with less than 100 apm. The cherry black keys are amazing. Probably the coolest thing I ever bought in my life.


Keyboards don't make you better at the game. I got a mech board and I'm still in the same league. You can give any pro a shitty rubber dome and they'll still stomp face. It's easier to type on, sure. But make you better at the game? Far from it.

Your post is wrong on so many levels man. Saying a keyboard doesn't make you better at sc2 is like saying you can win the Tour de France with a bike from Walmart.

Your league doesn't necessarily determine your skill. You can be improving rapidly and still stay in the same league, especially if it's Masters. You shouldn't expect to go to GM just because of a new keyboard.

I'm willing to bet you're not in Masters and your apm is under 100. Even though, having a mech board will help you even more once you break 200 apm.

The mech board is far more responsive and accurate. It allows you to tab through your production much more easily when macroing. On my old board, after 1 month my shift key would start to lag because I was constantly adding units into different control groups Ex. shift 1, shift 2, shift 1, shift 3, shift 1, shift 1, shift 1. All of this in a couple seconds. Then tabbing through your production buildings ex. 6 aaaaaaaaaadddd Tab ea, 7 ss, 8, ddvv.

My apm has gone up about 10 per game and I only used it for 1 day. My apm went from 70 to 125 on my old board in 5 months before peaking out for the last 3 months. During high apm situations such as 3 base medivac drop style vs protoss I used to hit 160 apm. Now, I break 200 easy and it's much more precise, useful apm.


You have a point, but I feel the bike/Tour de france is a bad analogy. A pro bike vs a walmart bike makes you better 100% in every situation, no context needed.

But if you compare a mech board to a DT-35 (both functional keyboards), as long as the player is used to either board they will get virtually exactly the same performance.

Comfort and durability are the main reasons you would get a mechanical keyboard.
TRaFFiC
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Canada1448 Posts
February 18 2013 08:20 GMT
#5078
On February 18 2013 17:06 Blaec wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 18 2013 16:44 TRaFFiC wrote:
On February 18 2013 11:26 Infernal_dream wrote:
On February 17 2013 15:39 TRaFFiC wrote:
I just bought the steelseries 6g after using a cheap board for 2 years. My first impression is it feels like I just took off my training wheels. All the people who preach that mech boards wont help your skill seem to be wrong... or playing with less than 100 apm. The cherry black keys are amazing. Probably the coolest thing I ever bought in my life.


Keyboards don't make you better at the game. I got a mech board and I'm still in the same league. You can give any pro a shitty rubber dome and they'll still stomp face. It's easier to type on, sure. But make you better at the game? Far from it.

Your post is wrong on so many levels man. Saying a keyboard doesn't make you better at sc2 is like saying you can win the Tour de France with a bike from Walmart.

Your league doesn't necessarily determine your skill. You can be improving rapidly and still stay in the same league, especially if it's Masters. You shouldn't expect to go to GM just because of a new keyboard.

I'm willing to bet you're not in Masters and your apm is under 100. Even though, having a mech board will help you even more once you break 200 apm.

The mech board is far more responsive and accurate. It allows you to tab through your production much more easily when macroing. On my old board, after 1 month my shift key would start to lag because I was constantly adding units into different control groups Ex. shift 1, shift 2, shift 1, shift 3, shift 1, shift 1, shift 1. All of this in a couple seconds. Then tabbing through your production buildings ex. 6 aaaaaaaaaadddd Tab ea, 7 ss, 8, ddvv.

My apm has gone up about 10 per game and I only used it for 1 day. My apm went from 70 to 125 on my old board in 5 months before peaking out for the last 3 months. During high apm situations such as 3 base medivac drop style vs protoss I used to hit 160 apm. Now, I break 200 easy and it's much more precise, useful apm.


You have a point, but I feel the bike/Tour de france is a bad analogy. A pro bike vs a walmart bike makes you better 100% in every situation, no context needed.

But if you compare a mech board to a DT-35 (both functional keyboards), as long as the player is used to either board they will get virtually exactly the same performance.

Comfort and durability are the main reasons you would get a mechanical keyboard.

Personally, I haven't used the DT 35 so couldn't say. If MVP and DRG use it, it must be good. The point stands though. A higher quality, more responsive keyboard will help. If not, you're not using it right.
2v2, 1v1, Zerg, Terran http://www.twitch.tv/trafficsc2
ALPINA
Profile Joined May 2010
3791 Posts
February 18 2013 08:34 GMT
#5079
On February 18 2013 17:20 TRaFFiC wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 18 2013 17:06 Blaec wrote:
On February 18 2013 16:44 TRaFFiC wrote:
On February 18 2013 11:26 Infernal_dream wrote:
On February 17 2013 15:39 TRaFFiC wrote:
I just bought the steelseries 6g after using a cheap board for 2 years. My first impression is it feels like I just took off my training wheels. All the people who preach that mech boards wont help your skill seem to be wrong... or playing with less than 100 apm. The cherry black keys are amazing. Probably the coolest thing I ever bought in my life.


Keyboards don't make you better at the game. I got a mech board and I'm still in the same league. You can give any pro a shitty rubber dome and they'll still stomp face. It's easier to type on, sure. But make you better at the game? Far from it.

Your post is wrong on so many levels man. Saying a keyboard doesn't make you better at sc2 is like saying you can win the Tour de France with a bike from Walmart.

Your league doesn't necessarily determine your skill. You can be improving rapidly and still stay in the same league, especially if it's Masters. You shouldn't expect to go to GM just because of a new keyboard.

I'm willing to bet you're not in Masters and your apm is under 100. Even though, having a mech board will help you even more once you break 200 apm.

The mech board is far more responsive and accurate. It allows you to tab through your production much more easily when macroing. On my old board, after 1 month my shift key would start to lag because I was constantly adding units into different control groups Ex. shift 1, shift 2, shift 1, shift 3, shift 1, shift 1, shift 1. All of this in a couple seconds. Then tabbing through your production buildings ex. 6 aaaaaaaaaadddd Tab ea, 7 ss, 8, ddvv.

My apm has gone up about 10 per game and I only used it for 1 day. My apm went from 70 to 125 on my old board in 5 months before peaking out for the last 3 months. During high apm situations such as 3 base medivac drop style vs protoss I used to hit 160 apm. Now, I break 200 easy and it's much more precise, useful apm.


You have a point, but I feel the bike/Tour de france is a bad analogy. A pro bike vs a walmart bike makes you better 100% in every situation, no context needed.

But if you compare a mech board to a DT-35 (both functional keyboards), as long as the player is used to either board they will get virtually exactly the same performance.

Comfort and durability are the main reasons you would get a mechanical keyboard.

Personally, I haven't used the DT 35 so couldn't say. If MVP and DRG use it, it must be good. The point stands though. A higher quality, more responsive keyboard will help. If not, you're not using it right.


It will help but it's a very minimal help. No one should expect any dramatic skill increase just from keyboard alone.
You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity
Blaec
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia4289 Posts
February 18 2013 08:35 GMT
#5080
On February 18 2013 17:20 TRaFFiC wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 18 2013 17:06 Blaec wrote:
On February 18 2013 16:44 TRaFFiC wrote:
On February 18 2013 11:26 Infernal_dream wrote:
On February 17 2013 15:39 TRaFFiC wrote:
I just bought the steelseries 6g after using a cheap board for 2 years. My first impression is it feels like I just took off my training wheels. All the people who preach that mech boards wont help your skill seem to be wrong... or playing with less than 100 apm. The cherry black keys are amazing. Probably the coolest thing I ever bought in my life.


Keyboards don't make you better at the game. I got a mech board and I'm still in the same league. You can give any pro a shitty rubber dome and they'll still stomp face. It's easier to type on, sure. But make you better at the game? Far from it.

Your post is wrong on so many levels man. Saying a keyboard doesn't make you better at sc2 is like saying you can win the Tour de France with a bike from Walmart.

Your league doesn't necessarily determine your skill. You can be improving rapidly and still stay in the same league, especially if it's Masters. You shouldn't expect to go to GM just because of a new keyboard.

I'm willing to bet you're not in Masters and your apm is under 100. Even though, having a mech board will help you even more once you break 200 apm.

The mech board is far more responsive and accurate. It allows you to tab through your production much more easily when macroing. On my old board, after 1 month my shift key would start to lag because I was constantly adding units into different control groups Ex. shift 1, shift 2, shift 1, shift 3, shift 1, shift 1, shift 1. All of this in a couple seconds. Then tabbing through your production buildings ex. 6 aaaaaaaaaadddd Tab ea, 7 ss, 8, ddvv.

My apm has gone up about 10 per game and I only used it for 1 day. My apm went from 70 to 125 on my old board in 5 months before peaking out for the last 3 months. During high apm situations such as 3 base medivac drop style vs protoss I used to hit 160 apm. Now, I break 200 easy and it's much more precise, useful apm.


You have a point, but I feel the bike/Tour de france is a bad analogy. A pro bike vs a walmart bike makes you better 100% in every situation, no context needed.

But if you compare a mech board to a DT-35 (both functional keyboards), as long as the player is used to either board they will get virtually exactly the same performance.

Comfort and durability are the main reasons you would get a mechanical keyboard.

Personally, I haven't used the DT 35 so couldn't say. If MVP and DRG use it, it must be good. The point stands though. A higher quality, more responsive keyboard will help. If not, you're not using it right.


Every Kespa player used it in the pre and early SC2 days. But these days it is probably a majority of players using mechanicals.

The standard issue logitech mini optical+DT-35 has given way to logitech g9x+white Leopold FC700.

So you are right, there probably is some performance benefit, but it shouldn't be overstated.
Prev 1 252 253 254 255 256 383 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 26m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 647
ProTech152
UpATreeSC 85
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 17335
Calm 3365
Mini 431
Mind 78
910 66
soO 48
Trap 31
Dota 2
Gorgc5704
canceldota62
Counter-Strike
fl0m2969
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3803
Other Games
FrodaN956
Beastyqt575
Liquid`Hasu298
Khaldor239
Livibee193
C9.Mang0152
IndyStarCraft 125
olofmeister107
ZombieGrub61
QueenE52
BRAT_OK 28
MindelVK7
[ Show 21 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 17
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 24
• blackmanpl 20
• FirePhoenix17
• Michael_bg 3
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota2886
• WagamamaTV335
League of Legends
• Nemesis1682
Other Games
• imaqtpie854
• Shiphtur705
• Scarra472
• tFFMrPink 12
Upcoming Events
OSC
3h 26m
Big Brain Bouts
14h 26m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
21h 26m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
23h 26m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 14h
Patches Events
1d 19h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 23h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 23h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Disclosure: This page contains affiliate marketing links that support TLnet.

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.