• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:41
CEST 13:41
KST 20:41
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War445.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
TL Sidebar missing streams Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9289 users

Mechanical Keyboard Guide - Page 259

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 257 258 259 260 261 383 Next
Havik_
Profile Joined November 2011
United States5585 Posts
February 28 2013 04:27 GMT
#5161
^
I can agree with the above. However I have a TK and I love it. Do stay away from Razer though. The BW isn't bad quality, but the switches feel different. They messed with the MX blues on that board. They don't quite feel or sound the same.
"An opinion is only as good as the evidence that backs it up."- William O'Malley, S.J.
Hokay
Profile Joined May 2007
United States738 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-28 05:01:40
February 28 2013 04:49 GMT
#5162
On February 28 2013 13:27 Havik_ wrote:
^
I can agree with the above. However I have a TK and I love it. Do stay away from Razer though. The BW isn't bad quality, but the switches feel different. They messed with the MX blues on that board. They don't quite feel or sound the same.



Yeah the TK seems to be great from what I hear! I was thinking of getting one for my led keyboard needs.

I only left the TK & Pro out because they are not quite "filco" compared to the regular quickfire. The TK uses cherry stabilizers while the regular quickfire & filco keyboards uses costar stabilizers. The keycaps are also different. Ultimately it does come down to personal preference though, and probably doesn't matter to the average user.

and yeah razer does suck... their blackwidow blue switches feel awful for some reason. I also bought their ultimate stealth edition 2013 with brown switches for $70 on sale and it felt like bland shit. I sold it off on ebay, then I bought the Logitech 710+on sale for $99. Even the Logitech with brown switches felt way better lol, but only after I removed the preinstalled rubber o-rings.
Marcus420
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada1923 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-28 05:04:39
February 28 2013 05:01 GMT
#5163
On February 28 2013 12:36 da_head wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 27 2013 13:54 Marcus420 wrote:
Also got a korean LZ-GH keyboard in the works.. :3

Where the fuck did you get that keycap @_@

You probably dont want to know how much i paid for it >.<

http://www.techkeys.us/artisan-keys.php

They have whales and gold punishers left!

also gundam!!
http://red-line.kr/gundam.html
chaos021
Profile Joined March 2012
United States258 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-28 05:42:06
February 28 2013 05:40 GMT
#5164
So I have an amazing wife that bought me a mechanical keyboard as a gift. It's a Leopold Linear Touch keyboard with red switches. I like it a lot for typing, but I never thought it would be as sensitive as it is for gaming. While the lightness of the keys is an issue, the biggest issue I have is that the keys on the board actually seems a little narrower than the keys on my old membrane keyboard. Is there a way to tell in the future how large the keys are comparatively?
slytown
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Korea (South)1411 Posts
February 28 2013 05:55 GMT
#5165
On February 26 2013 03:20 Blaec wrote:
Apparently there is a new CM quickfire rapid on the way

A slightly updated quickfire rapid with filco ninja style caps.


Really trying to seize the Filco buyers. They already have, sort of, with the top-printed TKL.
The best Flash meme ever: http://imgur.com/zquoK
lazyitachi
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
1043 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-28 06:57:48
February 28 2013 06:43 GMT
#5166
I currently own a Filco Blue and Rosewill RK9000 red for home and work use respectively. Sooooooo much ease typing on a mechanical instead of them normal keyboards..
(I meant Rosewill Brown ( )

Anyone crazy here who owns lots of keyboards.. I am always thinking of expanding my arsenal but the thought of having multiple but unused seems wasteful to me. Or am I mistaken in my way of thinking.. Someone convince me otherwise!!!

:D
Blaec
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia4289 Posts
February 28 2013 08:48 GMT
#5167
On February 28 2013 14:40 chaos021 wrote:
So I have an amazing wife that bought me a mechanical keyboard as a gift. It's a Leopold Linear Touch keyboard with red switches. I like it a lot for typing, but I never thought it would be as sensitive as it is for gaming. While the lightness of the keys is an issue, the biggest issue I have is that the keys on the board actually seems a little narrower than the keys on my old membrane keyboard. Is there a way to tell in the future how large the keys are comparatively?


Grats on the keyboard. Virtually all mechanical boards have keys that are the same size, so there aren't really any options apart from getting used to it or going back to membrane keyboards.
iXphobos
Profile Joined July 2010
Germany1465 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-28 11:23:55
February 28 2013 11:23 GMT
#5168
On February 28 2013 14:01 Marcus420 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 28 2013 12:36 da_head wrote:
On February 27 2013 13:54 Marcus420 wrote:
Also got a korean LZ-GH keyboard in the works.. :3

Where the fuck did you get that keycap @_@

You probably dont want to know how much i paid for it >.<

http://www.techkeys.us/artisan-keys.php

They have whales and gold punishers left!

also gundam!!
http://red-line.kr/gundam.html


140$ Oo
WTF
I hope it's real gold.
RoranRock
Profile Joined October 2011
France294 Posts
February 28 2013 11:59 GMT
#5169
i had the same reaction when i first saw that xD
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." Albert Einstein
Aquila-
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
516 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-28 17:33:42
February 28 2013 16:38 GMT
#5170
On February 28 2013 13:21 Hokay wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 28 2013 11:36 Aquila- wrote:
Man I want a mechanical keyboard but I am so lost. I am from EU and in local stores there are only 3 ones available that I dont like, I also dont really want to order over internet since I cant test them out, I dont even know what switch type I want, I had no chance to test different ones out yet. I am pretty sure I want either blue, brown or red. The ones in store here are cheap but I am afraid they are lower quality, ofc a filco would be awesome but those are sooo expensive...sigh....anyone has a tip for me?


If you want "Filco like" quality without breaking the bank, then look into the CM Quickfire Rapid series, but not the ones with the led lights such as the Pro or TK versions. It's based on filco, but for half the price and it's the best bang for buck in terms of quality, if you don't care about leds, dedicated macro keys, or a numpad. To many, the difference is not worth the extra $50-$70 dollars to get the filco over the Quickfire Rapid.

Although they do look expensive in your area T.T They can be had here in the states for as low as $55.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Storm-Quickfire-Rapid-Mechanical-Keyboard/dp/B0076H47H2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1362023522&sr=8-1

Breakdown of both keyboards


Stay away from razer...



Thanks for reply! I am very confused, you said "but not the ones with the led lights such as the Pro or TK versions". The Pro and TK are actually available in my store for 80 euro, but it says they both have red background lighting. Are there even different versions of them??

Edit nvm I get it now, you recommend the Rapid version right? That one is of course not available haha.

Hmm I can only find these ones:
http://www.amazon.de/CM-Storm-Quickfire-Gaming-Tastatur-Deustch/dp/B006EB4J10/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1362069692&sr=8-1
http://www.amazon.de/Coolermaster-Quick-Fire-Rapid-Keyboard/dp/B0076H47H2/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1362069692&sr=8-5

The first one seems to be an old version or something and the second one I cant find with german layout which I need :/
Also they are over 100 euro >.<

Another edit I found this one:
http://geizhals.at/cooler_master_cm_storm_quickfire_rapid_sgk-4000-gkcr1-gr_a824298.html

Pretty good price but I am not sure if it has the leds. It seems the grey version seen in the video is not available with german layout ...

Ok so now I found out that the black Rapid has red switches, while the grey one is available with blue, black and brown (from the cooler master website). Now I just need to find the grey version with german layout lol.

Hmm now I found a grey one with red switches. What is going ooonnn???
techkey
Profile Joined February 2013
1 Post
Last Edited: 2013-02-28 17:31:11
February 28 2013 16:55 GMT
#5171
Hey guys - http://www.techkeys.us here!

I realize the artisan caps are not everyone's cup of tea, but they do look pretty spectacular in person.

I wanted to introduce myself and offer up some freebies!

Like TechKeys on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/techkeysus and get a free Facebook Key (While Supplies Last, US Only)

After liking the page, please PM me with your name and address.

http://i.imgur.com/5WS2ucy.jpg

TheMango
Profile Joined April 2007
United States1967 Posts
February 28 2013 17:19 GMT
#5172
so over a year ago I purchased a Filco Majestouch /w Brown switches and also a Zowie Celeritas /w Brown switches. I use the Filco at work and the Zowie at home, and I would never buy a Zowie again. The Filco has been rock solid with about the same amount of usage, while I'm getting stuck keypresses and issues with the spacebar on the Zowie. I ended up buying another Filco to replace my Zowie just recently. Looking back at the newegg reviews for the Zowie I purchased, it looks like a lot of other people are having the same issues now.
Moderator
Blaec
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia4289 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-28 18:03:25
February 28 2013 17:55 GMT
#5173
On March 01 2013 01:38 Aquila- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 28 2013 13:21 Hokay wrote:
On February 28 2013 11:36 Aquila- wrote:
Man I want a mechanical keyboard but I am so lost. I am from EU and in local stores there are only 3 ones available that I dont like, I also dont really want to order over internet since I cant test them out, I dont even know what switch type I want, I had no chance to test different ones out yet. I am pretty sure I want either blue, brown or red. The ones in store here are cheap but I am afraid they are lower quality, ofc a filco would be awesome but those are sooo expensive...sigh....anyone has a tip for me?


If you want "Filco like" quality without breaking the bank, then look into the CM Quickfire Rapid series, but not the ones with the led lights such as the Pro or TK versions. It's based on filco, but for half the price and it's the best bang for buck in terms of quality, if you don't care about leds, dedicated macro keys, or a numpad. To many, the difference is not worth the extra $50-$70 dollars to get the filco over the Quickfire Rapid.

Although they do look expensive in your area T.T They can be had here in the states for as low as $55.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Storm-Quickfire-Rapid-Mechanical-Keyboard/dp/B0076H47H2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1362023522&sr=8-1

Breakdown of both keyboards
http://youtu.be/Cy1JgF4_UT0

Stay away from razer...



Thanks for reply! I am very confused, you said "but not the ones with the led lights such as the Pro or TK versions". The Pro and TK are actually available in my store for 80 euro, but it says they both have red background lighting. Are there even different versions of them??

Edit nvm I get it now, you recommend the Rapid version right? That one is of course not available haha.

Hmm I can only find these ones:
http://www.amazon.de/CM-Storm-Quickfire-Gaming-Tastatur-Deustch/dp/B006EB4J10/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1362069692&sr=8-1
http://www.amazon.de/Coolermaster-Quick-Fire-Rapid-Keyboard/dp/B0076H47H2/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1362069692&sr=8-5

The first one seems to be an old version or something and the second one I cant find with german layout which I need :/
Also they are over 100 euro >.<

Another edit I found this one:
http://geizhals.at/cooler_master_cm_storm_quickfire_rapid_sgk-4000-gkcr1-gr_a824298.html

Pretty good price but I am not sure if it has the leds. It seems the grey version seen in the video is not available with german layout ...

Ok so now I found out that the black Rapid has red switches, while the grey one is available with blue, black and brown (from the cooler master website). Now I just need to find the grey version with german layout lol.

Hmm now I found a grey one with red switches. What is going ooonnn???


The rapid is definitely quality and you shouldn't have any problems with it.

The pro and the TK and the others with backlit keys are manufactured by a different company so you might have issues. This isn't 100% and I've heard good things about the TK, so try find some reviews from people who have had them for a while.

Also if there are keyboards with cherry mx switches in stores near you, go try them out even if they are in cheaper keyboards. Testing switches in real life is the best way to choose the one you want and the switches feel roughly the same in every keyboard, you just pay more for build quality .
OneBk
Profile Joined February 2010
Sweden157 Posts
February 28 2013 21:50 GMT
#5174
Keyboards and more keyboards. I think i am going nuts about this subject now.

I have this problem that i want a small keyboard like a VorTex POKER X KBC or a HHK2. But then again i am looking at a blue switched das keyboard, becouse i want quality. how do i find that sweet spot to get a bit smaller keyboard but still get my blue/brown swithes that are super nice to use?

Any advice would be nice.

If it matters i play lots of sc2 and other random games. And i type loads of stuff. And i have no eye for flashy spaceship keyboards.
MassHysteria
Profile Joined October 2010
United States3678 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-28 22:01:04
February 28 2013 22:00 GMT
#5175
Have you checked out the Ducky's OneBk? I am currently deciding between one or waiting it out(and spending less) for the CM stealth with browns.
"Just ban all the J's...even jinklejoes" --unnamed source
Aquila-
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
516 Posts
February 28 2013 22:42 GMT
#5176
On March 01 2013 07:00 MassHysteria wrote:
Have you checked out the Ducky's OneBk? I am currently deciding between one or waiting it out(and spending less) for the CM stealth with browns.


Oh there is a new one coming out? Can you tell me any information about it yet?
MassHysteria
Profile Joined October 2010
United States3678 Posts
February 28 2013 22:46 GMT
#5177
I only found out from Blaec a few pages earlier
On February 26 2013 03:20 Blaec wrote:
Apparently there is a new CM quickfire rapid on the way

A slightly updated quickfire rapid with filco ninja style caps.

"Just ban all the J's...even jinklejoes" --unnamed source
m1rk3
Profile Joined July 2011
Canada412 Posts
February 28 2013 23:19 GMT
#5178
Just waiting for the CM storm quickfire with green switches to be sold by retailers . It should be coming soon as it is being sold on the CM website. I love coolermaster, first company i experienced where they actually listen to the customer and put things into action right away.
For the Dominion!
OneBk
Profile Joined February 2010
Sweden157 Posts
March 01 2013 00:13 GMT
#5179
On March 01 2013 07:00 MassHysteria wrote:
Have you checked out the Ducky's OneBk? I am currently deciding between one or waiting it out(and spending less) for the CM stealth with browns.


isnt duckys just a normal keybaord with lights?
Sovano
Profile Joined November 2011
United States1503 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-01 00:22:13
March 01 2013 00:20 GMT
#5180
On March 01 2013 09:13 OneBk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 01 2013 07:00 MassHysteria wrote:
Have you checked out the Ducky's OneBk? I am currently deciding between one or waiting it out(and spending less) for the CM stealth with browns.


isnt duckys just a normal keybaord with lights?

When you put it that way any mechanical keyboard is a keyboard with mechanical switches. Or any LED keyboard is a keyboard with LEDs. I'm not saying you're wrong, but there are other factors to them that differentiate one from another and compels buyers to buy one over the other.
Prev 1 257 258 259 260 261 383 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Big Brain Bouts
19:00
#129
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
RotterdaM688
IndyStarCraft 140
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 688
Lowko463
mouzHeroMarine 222
IndyStarCraft 140
MindelVK 21
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 34113
Free 5735
Jaedong 909
BeSt 480
Horang2 441
Soulkey 434
Soma 272
Larva 246
Zeus 245
Mini 232
[ Show more ]
Last 127
sorry 116
Hyun 97
actioN 80
Mind 78
Pusan 75
Sexy 66
Shinee 42
soO 33
scan(afreeca) 19
ToSsGirL 17
yabsab 16
zelot 10
Sacsri 9
Aegong 7
Dota 2
Gorgc5612
Dendi468
XaKoH 282
XcaliburYe175
Counter-Strike
byalli575
Other Games
gofns42897
singsing2157
Coldzera 698
B2W.Neo530
Pyrionflax248
ToD133
trigger5
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV214
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 9
StarCraft 2
TaKeTV 9
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 18
• LUISG 18
• StrangeGG 15
• Gemini_19 12
• Light_VIP 10
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV383
League of Legends
• Jankos3873
Upcoming Events
Online Event
20m
TaKeTV 0
AI Arena Tournament
5h 20m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
7h 20m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
22h 20m
Patches Events
1d 3h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 7h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 7h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Disclosure: This page contains affiliate marketing links that support TLnet.

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.