• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:40
CEST 13:40
KST 20:40
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War445.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
TL Sidebar missing streams Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9349 users

Mechanical Keyboard Guide - Page 263

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 261 262 263 264 265 383 Next
Infernal_dream
Profile Joined September 2011
United States2359 Posts
March 12 2013 05:15 GMT
#5241
On March 12 2013 14:13 IMoperator wrote:
Ok, so I might be looking for a new keyboard, I'm not exactly sure. But I don't want it to be clicky since I live with a roommate(and at my parents house during some weekends ^^), so no blue switches I guess. I'm the most interested in black keys, but everyone seems to steer people away from them for some reason. Why is that? And also what's a good mechanical keyboard with black switches for relatively cheap? I want to pay ~$100 or less if possible.


Because to most people blacks feel a lot like rubber domes. Most people get mech boards because they require less pressure so you don't get have to push as much resulting in less fatigue. Blacks require roughly the same force as rubber dome boards.
Sovano
Profile Joined November 2011
United States1503 Posts
March 12 2013 05:33 GMT
#5242
Yeah Polt! Awesome that CM Storm is getting into eSports by sponsoring him
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=402533
IMoperator
Profile Joined October 2011
4476 Posts
March 12 2013 06:18 GMT
#5243
On March 12 2013 14:15 Infernal_dream wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 12 2013 14:13 IMoperator wrote:
Ok, so I might be looking for a new keyboard, I'm not exactly sure. But I don't want it to be clicky since I live with a roommate(and at my parents house during some weekends ^^), so no blue switches I guess. I'm the most interested in black keys, but everyone seems to steer people away from them for some reason. Why is that? And also what's a good mechanical keyboard with black switches for relatively cheap? I want to pay ~$100 or less if possible.


Because to most people blacks feel a lot like rubber domes. Most people get mech boards because they require less pressure so you don't get have to push as much resulting in less fatigue. Blacks require roughly the same force as rubber dome boards.

What is the point of black keys requiring that much pressure?
IMoperator
Profile Joined October 2011
4476 Posts
March 12 2013 07:17 GMT
#5244
Also, just how loud are blue switches? I'm afraid of waking up my roommate or parents or something, but I do like the sound of them.
IMoperator
Profile Joined October 2011
4476 Posts
March 12 2013 07:49 GMT
#5245
Alright, I've decided. After looking around I want to get a mech keyboard with the red switches, since they're more sensitive than the blacks but quieter than the blues and browns. What the Cool Master Storm keyboard in red switches be a good choice? Does anyone have experience with it?
rebdomine
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
6040 Posts
March 12 2013 10:36 GMT
#5246
I've read lots of positive reviews on it. Only quip people have is it's loaded with CM branding. But if you don't mind it, it's a solid choice.
"Just because you are correct doesn't mean you are right!"
Blaec
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia4289 Posts
March 12 2013 16:33 GMT
#5247
On March 12 2013 16:49 IMoperator wrote:
Alright, I've decided. After looking around I want to get a mech keyboard with the red switches, since they're more sensitive than the blacks but quieter than the blues and browns. What the Cool Master Storm keyboard in red switches be a good choice? Does anyone have experience with it?


Its best if you can go into a store and try out switches, they are in most stores now (at least in Aus). Reds are fine, but you might find you make accidents easier because they are so easy to hit.

CM storm boards all have a good rep, the quickfire rapid has the best reputation of them but it doesn't have a numpad (which might be a problem if you need a numpad).
MistSC2
Profile Joined February 2012
Sweden583 Posts
March 12 2013 17:13 GMT
#5248
Guys im thinking of getting either a CMStorm one with blue switches or a QPAD mk-80 also with blues. Any opinions on which and why? Thanks!
Maru, TY, Clem <3
Sokep
Profile Joined May 2011
Spain20 Posts
March 12 2013 22:01 GMT
#5249
On March 11 2013 10:28 Sokep wrote:
Ive been searching a lot but i cant find what im looking for, i need some help, im looking for:

- Online shop that ships to europe
- Blue or brown switches.
- Max price:100€

Seems silly but i cant find anything like this, the closest one is Steelseries 6GV2 but has black switches


Im still looking, really frustated. I saw the qpad mk-50 that with shipping costs 100€ aviable with blues or brown switches but im not digging it, it looks a bit ugly to me.

Any help?
Ropid
Profile Joined March 2009
Germany3557 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-12 22:16:24
March 12 2013 22:10 GMT
#5250
Perhaps you could buy from China or Hong Kong through eBay? Search for Keycool, Noppoo, Ducky keyboards. I'm not sure how safe it is, but they actually manage to have a competitive price even with shipping where I'm looking (on ebay.de). With PayPal, you should be able to contest the transaction and get your money back if they try to rob you.

EDIT: It will be US layout! I don't you think you can get whatever is normal for Spain. You'll have to use "US International" to type ñ and ¿ etc.
"My goal is to replace my soul with coffee and become immortal."
Sokep
Profile Joined May 2011
Spain20 Posts
March 12 2013 22:47 GMT
#5251
I dont really care if the keyboard doesnt have ñ or ¿, if it is less than 100€ brown/blue and looks cool id buy it.
Ropid
Profile Joined March 2009
Germany3557 Posts
March 12 2013 23:36 GMT
#5252
"US International" works okay anyways. It's a second layer on all keys with all kinds of characters (¡¿ñøðåþ...) accessible with the right Alt key, plus some keys like ' behaving weird: if you type 'a, you will get á, "a turns into ä. The second part can be annoying, the " or ' is hidden until you press a second key, and you sometimes have to press the Space Bar to make sure to get ", ', `, ~, ^ instead of á etc.

If you try buying through eBay, please report back. I'm pretty interested if buying from those Chinese sellers works alright.
"My goal is to replace my soul with coffee and become immortal."
Sokep
Profile Joined May 2011
Spain20 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-13 00:28:12
March 13 2013 00:28 GMT
#5253
But what are those Nopoo or keycool brands? I never heard of them, are they reliable?
Ropid
Profile Joined March 2009
Germany3557 Posts
March 13 2013 01:01 GMT
#5254
No idea. There should be some reviews of their products somewhere on deskthority.net and geekhack.org

I like my Keycool more than the Cherry G80-3000. The labels on the keys feel a bit off (the font and position). I had to grease the Space Bar as it uses Costar stabilizers and was rattling a bit. Someone was selling them on Amazon.de, so I didn't buy on eBay. It came with a key puller, colored w, a, s, d keys, and some replacement Costar stabilizers. I feel I can't say anything about reliability.
"My goal is to replace my soul with coffee and become immortal."
ripster
Profile Joined July 2012
United States64 Posts
March 13 2013 14:33 GMT
#5255
On March 13 2013 10:01 Ropid wrote:
No idea. There should be some reviews of their products somewhere on deskthority.net and geekhack.org

I like my Keycool more than the Cherry G80-3000. The labels on the keys feel a bit off (the font and position). I had to grease the Space Bar as it uses Costar stabilizers and was rattling a bit. Someone was selling them on Amazon.de, so I didn't buy on eBay. It came with a key puller, colored w, a, s, d keys, and some replacement Costar stabilizers. I feel I can't say anything about reliability.



Actually here is the most comprehensive listing of reviews.

http://www.reddit.com/s/http://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/wiki/redditor_reviews

and check out the most comprehensive mechanical keyboard wiki while you are there.
The Number One Mechanical Keyboard Expert On The Liquid Planet
Belial88
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States5217 Posts
March 13 2013 21:26 GMT
#5256
Has anyone used the CM Storm rapid TK? I have a cm storm rapid and it's a great keyboard (a lot better than my ducky1087 in build quality and materials).
How to build a $500 i7-3770K Ultimate Computer:http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/viewblog.php?topic_id=392709 ******** 100% Safe Razorless Delid Method! http://www.overclock.net/t/1376206/how-to-delid-your-ivy-bridge-cpu-with-out-a-razor-blade/0_100
Glenn313
Profile Joined August 2011
United States475 Posts
March 13 2013 23:21 GMT
#5257
I'm waiting for the new CM QF Rapid Stealth keyboard to come out!!!
Hey man
phar
Profile Joined August 2011
United States1080 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-14 04:50:06
March 14 2013 04:49 GMT
#5258
On March 13 2013 09:28 Sokep wrote:
But what are those Nopoo or keycool brands? I never heard of them, are they reliable?

HPE, Noppoo, keycool are all ok-ish. HPE is probably the best of the three. Also the cheaper Noppoos have a really weird layout, which is good if you're looking specifically for that layout, and not so good otherwise...

And finally you pay like 2x for buying those outside of Asia, so I'm not really sure if it's worth it. How much does it cost you to get a quickfire rapid?
Who after all is today speaking about the destruction of the Armenians?
b3nje909
Profile Joined March 2013
Australia7 Posts
March 14 2013 22:47 GMT
#5259
Hey everyone..

I have a simple question to ask. I'm in the market for a mechanical keyboard, and have some space restrictions.
I've essentially narrowed it down to two keyboards. Both are tenkeyless.
Both are made my Leopold (which for some reason are available quite readily in Australia).
The FC200RR/AB, and the FC700r, both would have cherry red switches as well..

My question is, what's the difference between the two?? Apart from colour?? (200 is black, 700 graphite or white)
I cannot find a single web page that has a comparison between them..

Anyway, thanks in advance, I'm sure there is an answer somewhere in this thread, but I don't have the time to wade through about 50 hours of forum read time..

Cheers
Havik_
Profile Joined November 2011
United States5585 Posts
March 15 2013 04:11 GMT
#5260
On March 14 2013 06:26 Belial88 wrote:
Has anyone used the CM Storm rapid TK? I have a cm storm rapid and it's a great keyboard (a lot better than my ducky1087 in build quality and materials).



I've got the MX blue version. Its great. Awesome backlight, good, quality, great price, I have nothing but good things to say about it.
"An opinion is only as good as the evidence that backs it up."- William O'Malley, S.J.
Prev 1 261 262 263 264 265 383 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Big Brain Bouts
19:00
#129
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
RotterdaM688
IndyStarCraft 140
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 688
Lowko463
mouzHeroMarine 222
IndyStarCraft 140
MindelVK 21
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 34113
Free 5735
Jaedong 909
BeSt 480
Horang2 441
Soulkey 434
Soma 272
Larva 246
Zeus 245
Mini 232
[ Show more ]
Last 127
sorry 116
Hyun 97
actioN 80
Mind 78
Pusan 75
Sexy 66
Shinee 42
soO 33
scan(afreeca) 19
ToSsGirL 17
yabsab 16
zelot 10
Sacsri 9
Aegong 7
Dota 2
Gorgc5612
Dendi468
XaKoH 282
XcaliburYe175
Counter-Strike
byalli575
Other Games
gofns42897
singsing2157
Coldzera 698
B2W.Neo530
Pyrionflax248
ToD133
trigger5
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV214
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 9
StarCraft 2
TaKeTV 9
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 18
• LUISG 18
• StrangeGG 15
• Gemini_19 12
• Light_VIP 10
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV383
League of Legends
• Jankos3873
Upcoming Events
Online Event
20m
AI Arena Tournament
5h 20m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
7h 20m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
22h 20m
Patches Events
1d 3h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 7h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 7h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.