• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:36
CEST 02:36
KST 09:36
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War575.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8984 users

Mechanical Keyboard Guide - Page 270

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 268 269 270 271 272 383 Next
Sovano
Profile Joined November 2011
United States1503 Posts
March 31 2013 20:08 GMT
#5381
It works, but it makes the key feel a bit stiffer. Although, this is due in part to my habit of bottoming out a bit harder from spamming hotkeys so much in games.

I use blue switches with the 40A-L rings from wasd (.2mm reduction). The difference between one o-ring and none is noticeable in terms of sound and feel. Adding a second o-ring reduces the travel slightly, but I don't think you'd notice it unless you were specifically looking for it. Adding a third o-ring pretty much covers the whole stem of the keycap, which definitely makes the travel distance reduction a lot more noticeable and from my opening sentence, stiffer.

I don't think it's a very practical solution unless you can find o-rings for cheap.
Thor.Rush
Profile Joined April 2011
Sweden702 Posts
March 31 2013 20:23 GMT
#5382
I'm going to buy a mechanical keyboard with brown switches, but I'm wondering if it will be too uncomfortable if I don't get one with a palm rest. I haven't tried without it. Any advice?
| SaSe | Naniwa |Stephano | LucifroN | Mvp | MarineKing | ByuN | Polt | MC | Parting |
warz_
Profile Joined March 2012
Greece64 Posts
March 31 2013 21:00 GMT
#5383
I have my CM Storm TK (brown switches) for more than a week now, loving it so much Typing is so much fun and playing SC with it feels awesome
mk.ultra
Profile Joined March 2012
United States54 Posts
March 31 2013 21:53 GMT
#5384
On April 01 2013 06:00 warz_ wrote:
I have my CM Storm TK (brown switches) for more than a week now, loving it so much Typing is so much fun and playing SC with it feels awesome


I have the TK Blue, in my opinion currently the best value backlit mech board. got it for $72 shipped :O
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
Hummingbird
Profile Joined March 2013
8 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-31 22:00:37
March 31 2013 21:56 GMT
#5385
I'm looking for a snow white mech. keyboard but I have no idea where to look.. I know there's a Filco keyboard which is supposed to be white but.. from what I've seen it's definitely not SNOW white. Then the Ducky year of the Rabbit edition, which is actually what I'm looking for but seeing it's a limited edition I'm quite sure I won't be able to get my hands on 'em. So I'm wondering, are there any other brands/keyboards that are as snow white and somewhat look like this one (the ducky one):

http://photopost.vrforums.com/973/medium/Num_Pad.JPG
http://tigerimports.net/sunshop/images/products/large_11434_YOTR_side.jpg

I don't mind if the keycaps are not blank, tho it does look nicer (imo).

What I do want is that it has mx red switches.
Morning opens wide before us like a door into the light. Just beyond, the day lies waiting ready to throw off the night, and we stand up on its threshold poised to turn and take its flight.
DJFaqU
Profile Joined May 2011
466 Posts
March 31 2013 22:12 GMT
#5386
On April 01 2013 05:23 Thor.Rush wrote:
I'm going to buy a mechanical keyboard with brown switches, but I'm wondering if it will be too uncomfortable if I don't get one with a palm rest. I haven't tried without it. Any advice?


I use a Das without a wrist rest and it's fine. As long as your table is at a proper height I don't think you'll have problems. And you can always buy a cheap wrist rest later if you really think you need one.
Thor.Rush
Profile Joined April 2011
Sweden702 Posts
April 01 2013 00:32 GMT
#5387
Ok thanks
| SaSe | Naniwa |Stephano | LucifroN | Mvp | MarineKing | ByuN | Polt | MC | Parting |
kinsky
Profile Joined November 2010
Germany368 Posts
April 01 2013 00:45 GMT
#5388
On April 01 2013 06:00 warz_ wrote:
I have my CM Storm TK (brown switches) for more than a week now, loving it so much Typing is so much fun and playing SC with it feels awesome


Where do you get that from?!?! I live in Germany and cant find a store, where i could buy it.
Sovano
Profile Joined November 2011
United States1503 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-01 01:57:07
April 01 2013 01:56 GMT
#5389
On April 01 2013 06:56 Hummingbird wrote:
I'm looking for a snow white mech. keyboard but I have no idea where to look.. I know there's a Filco keyboard which is supposed to be white but.. from what I've seen it's definitely not SNOW white. Then the Ducky year of the Rabbit edition, which is actually what I'm looking for but seeing it's a limited edition I'm quite sure I won't be able to get my hands on 'em. So I'm wondering, are there any other brands/keyboards that are as snow white and somewhat look like this one (the ducky one):

http://photopost.vrforums.com/973/medium/Num_Pad.JPG
http://tigerimports.net/sunshop/images/products/large_11434_YOTR_side.jpg

I don't mind if the keycaps are not blank, tho it does look nicer (imo).

What I do want is that it has mx red switches.

Leopold FC700R maybe? I don't know if they come in red switches, but if you know how to solder/desolder switches it wouldn't be a problem.
Gamegene
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States8308 Posts
April 01 2013 02:24 GMT
#5390
On April 01 2013 10:56 Sovano wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 01 2013 06:56 Hummingbird wrote:
I'm looking for a snow white mech. keyboard but I have no idea where to look.. I know there's a Filco keyboard which is supposed to be white but.. from what I've seen it's definitely not SNOW white. Then the Ducky year of the Rabbit edition, which is actually what I'm looking for but seeing it's a limited edition I'm quite sure I won't be able to get my hands on 'em. So I'm wondering, are there any other brands/keyboards that are as snow white and somewhat look like this one (the ducky one):

http://photopost.vrforums.com/973/medium/Num_Pad.JPG
http://tigerimports.net/sunshop/images/products/large_11434_YOTR_side.jpg

I don't mind if the keycaps are not blank, tho it does look nicer (imo).

What I do want is that it has mx red switches.

Leopold FC700R maybe? I don't know if they come in red switches, but if you know how to solder/desolder switches it wouldn't be a problem.


They're almost impossible to find, let alone in stock. He'd have to contact someone at Leopold Korea.

Don't get his hopes up :<
Throw on your favorite jacket and you're good to roll. Stroll through the trees and let your miseries go.
Sovano
Profile Joined November 2011
United States1503 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-01 02:38:59
April 01 2013 02:38 GMT
#5391
On April 01 2013 11:24 Gamegene wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 01 2013 10:56 Sovano wrote:
On April 01 2013 06:56 Hummingbird wrote:
I'm looking for a snow white mech. keyboard but I have no idea where to look.. I know there's a Filco keyboard which is supposed to be white but.. from what I've seen it's definitely not SNOW white. Then the Ducky year of the Rabbit edition, which is actually what I'm looking for but seeing it's a limited edition I'm quite sure I won't be able to get my hands on 'em. So I'm wondering, are there any other brands/keyboards that are as snow white and somewhat look like this one (the ducky one):

http://photopost.vrforums.com/973/medium/Num_Pad.JPG
http://tigerimports.net/sunshop/images/products/large_11434_YOTR_side.jpg

I don't mind if the keycaps are not blank, tho it does look nicer (imo).

What I do want is that it has mx red switches.

Leopold FC700R maybe? I don't know if they come in red switches, but if you know how to solder/desolder switches it wouldn't be a problem.


They're almost impossible to find, let alone in stock. He'd have to contact someone at Leopold Korea.

Don't get his hopes up :<

True, but it's the only one that I know of that's "snow white" that would match his description. Unless you have any other keyboard casings that fit it, this is the only one afaik that he/she would have some possibility in getting even if they're out of stock at the moment. I had to check every day on tigerimports to snag my keyboard asap when they came back in stock.
Blaec
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia4289 Posts
April 01 2013 05:11 GMT
#5392
On April 01 2013 10:56 Sovano wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 01 2013 06:56 Hummingbird wrote:
I'm looking for a snow white mech. keyboard but I have no idea where to look.. I know there's a Filco keyboard which is supposed to be white but.. from what I've seen it's definitely not SNOW white. Then the Ducky year of the Rabbit edition, which is actually what I'm looking for but seeing it's a limited edition I'm quite sure I won't be able to get my hands on 'em. So I'm wondering, are there any other brands/keyboards that are as snow white and somewhat look like this one (the ducky one):

http://photopost.vrforums.com/973/medium/Num_Pad.JPG
http://tigerimports.net/sunshop/images/products/large_11434_YOTR_side.jpg

I don't mind if the keycaps are not blank, tho it does look nicer (imo).

What I do want is that it has mx red switches.

Leopold FC700R maybe? I don't know if they come in red switches, but if you know how to solder/desolder switches it wouldn't be a problem.


There are red switched FC700R's in Aus, so they are manufactured.

TT also made a white bodied Meka G1, not sure how pure white it is and it comes with black keycaps.
warz_
Profile Joined March 2012
Greece64 Posts
April 01 2013 07:34 GMT
#5393
On April 01 2013 09:45 kinsky wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 01 2013 06:00 warz_ wrote:
I have my CM Storm TK (brown switches) for more than a week now, loving it so much Typing is so much fun and playing SC with it feels awesome


Where do you get that from?!?! I live in Germany and cant find a store, where i could buy it.


Greece. The brown switches were the only ones available here, rest were out of stock.
StaraCroft
Profile Joined April 2012
Austria292 Posts
April 01 2013 10:34 GMT
#5394
On April 01 2013 05:23 Thor.Rush wrote:
I'm going to buy a mechanical keyboard with brown switches, but I'm wondering if it will be too uncomfortable if I don't get one with a palm rest. I haven't tried without it. Any advice?

I have always had keyboards with wrist rests, and I've used the one that came with my mk-50. Last week I took it off just to try it without it, and I like it better that way now. I guess it's just a matter of preference. You can always buy a gel wrist rest for $5 if you need one. Those things are more comfortable than the ones that come with most keyboards anyway.
FinBenton
Profile Joined March 2011
Finland870 Posts
April 01 2013 10:49 GMT
#5395
On April 01 2013 06:56 Hummingbird wrote:
I'm looking for a snow white mech. keyboard but I have no idea where to look.. I know there's a Filco keyboard which is supposed to be white but.. from what I've seen it's definitely not SNOW white. Then the Ducky year of the Rabbit edition, which is actually what I'm looking for but seeing it's a limited edition I'm quite sure I won't be able to get my hands on 'em. So I'm wondering, are there any other brands/keyboards that are as snow white and somewhat look like this one (the ducky one):

http://photopost.vrforums.com/973/medium/Num_Pad.JPG
http://tigerimports.net/sunshop/images/products/large_11434_YOTR_side.jpg

I don't mind if the keycaps are not blank, tho it does look nicer (imo).

What I do want is that it has mx red switches.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HPE-87-Mechanical-Gaming-keyboard-Cherry-MX-Red-switches-W-White-body-/290748990520?pt=PCA_Mice_Trackballs&hash=item43b1fd8438

Ordered one of these but with blue switches few days ago, should be pretty much exactly like filco with costar stabilizers. 56€+shipping not bad :D
llIH
Profile Joined June 2011
Norway2147 Posts
April 01 2013 10:49 GMT
#5396
A wrist rest is just personal perference. Try it on your old keyboard and then decide. Just find something like a plank or plastic board to get a feel of it.
Seohce
Profile Joined October 2010
United Kingdom394 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-01 17:31:14
April 01 2013 16:28 GMT
#5397
Hi guys. I am seaching for a keyboard and thought this would be the best place to ask for help.

The one I have in mind I saw being used in the GSL *I think* by Soulkey. The body was mat grey and the keys orange. If any one reading this knows which one it is off the top of their heads that would be great.
FakePseudo
Profile Joined January 2012
Belgium716 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-01 18:14:57
April 01 2013 18:10 GMT
#5398
You could maybe try here >

As for the orange keycaps thing, it's been prolly modded so no clue from this part, plus don't hope to get that precise keyboard without using WASD or modding it yourself.

edit: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=172579&currentpage=36#710 and two ensuing posts
I am the 0.0007% /forum/viewpost.php?post_id=17208334|| Big Black Women Vocals Is Like Porn to my Ears ||San Antonio Spurs|Boston Celtics||#1EZToss Hater;
Blaec
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia4289 Posts
April 01 2013 18:17 GMT
#5399
On April 02 2013 01:28 Seohce wrote:
Hi guys. I am seaching for a keyboard and thought this would be the best place to ask for help.

The one I have in mind I saw being used in the GSL *I think* by Soulkey. The body was mat grey and the keys orange. If any one reading this knows which one it is off the top of their heads that would be great.


I am pretty sure it is this

[image loading]

It is a Filco, they made a few with yellow caps. Im not sure where you could find one, I don't think they are in production anymore, maybe on ebay?
Hummingbird
Profile Joined March 2013
8 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-01 18:42:15
April 01 2013 18:20 GMT
#5400
On April 01 2013 19:49 FinBenton wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 01 2013 06:56 Hummingbird wrote:
I'm looking for a snow white mech. keyboard but I have no idea where to look.. I know there's a Filco keyboard which is supposed to be white but.. from what I've seen it's definitely not SNOW white. Then the Ducky year of the Rabbit edition, which is actually what I'm looking for but seeing it's a limited edition I'm quite sure I won't be able to get my hands on 'em. So I'm wondering, are there any other brands/keyboards that are as snow white and somewhat look like this one (the ducky one):

http://photopost.vrforums.com/973/medium/Num_Pad.JPG
http://tigerimports.net/sunshop/images/products/large_11434_YOTR_side.jpg

I don't mind if the keycaps are not blank, tho it does look nicer (imo).

What I do want is that it has mx red switches.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HPE-87-Mechanical-Gaming-keyboard-Cherry-MX-Red-switches-W-White-body-/290748990520?pt=PCA_Mice_Trackballs&hash=item43b1fd8438

Ordered one of these but with blue switches few days ago, should be pretty much exactly like filco with costar stabilizers. 56€+shipping not bad :D


LOL! Nice find, I'll take a look at those for sure, thanks!

On April 01 2013 14:11 Blaec wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 01 2013 10:56 Sovano wrote:
On April 01 2013 06:56 Hummingbird wrote:
I'm looking for a snow white mech. keyboard but I have no idea where to look.. I know there's a Filco keyboard which is supposed to be white but.. from what I've seen it's definitely not SNOW white. Then the Ducky year of the Rabbit edition, which is actually what I'm looking for but seeing it's a limited edition I'm quite sure I won't be able to get my hands on 'em. So I'm wondering, are there any other brands/keyboards that are as snow white and somewhat look like this one (the ducky one):

http://photopost.vrforums.com/973/medium/Num_Pad.JPG
http://tigerimports.net/sunshop/images/products/large_11434_YOTR_side.jpg

I don't mind if the keycaps are not blank, tho it does look nicer (imo).

What I do want is that it has mx red switches.

Leopold FC700R maybe? I don't know if they come in red switches, but if you know how to solder/desolder switches it wouldn't be a problem.


There are red switched FC700R's in Aus, so they are manufactured.

TT also made a white bodied Meka G1, not sure how pure white it is and it comes with black keycaps.


Well I'm looking for a fully snow white keyboard including the keycaps. But thanks anyways.

On April 01 2013 14:11 Blaec wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 01 2013 10:56 Sovano wrote:
On April 01 2013 06:56 Hummingbird wrote:
I'm looking for a snow white mech. keyboard but I have no idea where to look.. I know there's a Filco keyboard which is supposed to be white but.. from what I've seen it's definitely not SNOW white. Then the Ducky year of the Rabbit edition, which is actually what I'm looking for but seeing it's a limited edition I'm quite sure I won't be able to get my hands on 'em. So I'm wondering, are there any other brands/keyboards that are as snow white and somewhat look like this one (the ducky one):

http://photopost.vrforums.com/973/medium/Num_Pad.JPG
http://tigerimports.net/sunshop/images/products/large_11434_YOTR_side.jpg

I don't mind if the keycaps are not blank, tho it does look nicer (imo).

What I do want is that it has mx red switches.

Leopold FC700R maybe? I don't know if they come in red switches, but if you know how to solder/desolder switches it wouldn't be a problem.


There are red switched FC700R's in Aus, so they are manufactured.

TT also made a white bodied Meka G1, not sure how pure white it is and it comes with black keycaps.



I'll take a look at the ones suggested already Though I have to say, the HPE 87 with mx red switches has media keys as well which is ALWAYS a big plus, very interested in those to say the least. Though, the white Keycool 108 tops it imo just because it's a full-size keyboard which I do prefer (never used a tenkeyless keyboard ever before so.. would feel kinda awkward like you're just missing something on your keyboard haha)

http://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=408

More suggestions are always welcome.
Morning opens wide before us like a door into the light. Just beyond, the day lies waiting ready to throw off the night, and we stand up on its threshold poised to turn and take its flight.
Prev 1 268 269 270 271 272 383 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 24m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 84
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 462
Bale 36
Dota 2
monkeys_forever484
League of Legends
Doublelift4239
Other Games
summit1g9688
JimRising 494
ViBE235
Livibee186
KnowMe170
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick686
BasetradeTV193
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 115
• Adnapsc2 37
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1302
• Shiphtur569
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
9h 24m
Patches Events
14h 24m
BSL Open Qualifier
18h 24m
BSL Open Qualifier
18h 24m
OSC
22h 24m
OSC
1d 11h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.