• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:31
CEST 09:31
KST 16:31
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War605.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8643 users

Mechanical Keyboard Guide - Page 272

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 270 271 272 273 274 383 Next
Blaec
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia4289 Posts
April 05 2013 18:22 GMT
#5421
On April 06 2013 03:06 llIH wrote:
Im just waiting for the Rosewill 9000I to come to Norway :D


Rosewill is Neweggs inhouse brand, so I dunno if they ever will come to Europe. There is a white body, black key TT meka keyboard though.

On April 06 2013 03:16 DERPDERP wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 05 2013 01:07 FakePseudo wrote:
On April 05 2013 00:39 Seohce wrote:
On April 04 2013 18:09 snowbird wrote:
On April 03 2013 03:03 Seohce wrote:
On April 02 2013 03:17 Blaec wrote:
On April 02 2013 01:28 Seohce wrote:
Hi guys. I am seaching for a keyboard and thought this would be the best place to ask for help.

The one I have in mind I saw being used in the GSL *I think* by Soulkey. The body was mat grey and the keys orange. If any one reading this knows which one it is off the top of their heads that would be great.


I am pretty sure it is this

[image loading]

It is a Filco, they made a few with yellow caps. Im not sure where you could find one, I don't think they are in production anymore, maybe on ebay?



Thanks man, that's the one. I really like the look of it, although from some googling it seems really hard to get hold of one


I got it and it looks cool, but as has already been said, it's really just the standard Filco TKL model with yellow caps. I checked and the store I bought it from doesn't have it anymore.

Probably easiest to just get a regular Filco TKL and get some custom keycaps and you're gtg


Yeah that would be easy to do and it would look pretty close to the "real" thing, but on the actual yellow key cap version you have the yellow LEDs instead of red(?) and the FILCO logo is yellow. Small differences I know but still...


Mine is Blue


Mine is pink


Word, Pink filcos are the best.
DERPDERP
Profile Joined October 2010
Kyrgyzstan189 Posts
April 05 2013 19:01 GMT
#5422
On April 06 2013 03:22 Blaec wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 06 2013 03:06 llIH wrote:
Im just waiting for the Rosewill 9000I to come to Norway :D


Rosewill is Neweggs inhouse brand, so I dunno if they ever will come to Europe. There is a white body, black key TT meka keyboard though.

Show nested quote +
On April 06 2013 03:16 DERPDERP wrote:
On April 05 2013 01:07 FakePseudo wrote:
On April 05 2013 00:39 Seohce wrote:
On April 04 2013 18:09 snowbird wrote:
On April 03 2013 03:03 Seohce wrote:
On April 02 2013 03:17 Blaec wrote:
On April 02 2013 01:28 Seohce wrote:
Hi guys. I am seaching for a keyboard and thought this would be the best place to ask for help.

The one I have in mind I saw being used in the GSL *I think* by Soulkey. The body was mat grey and the keys orange. If any one reading this knows which one it is off the top of their heads that would be great.


I am pretty sure it is this

[image loading]

It is a Filco, they made a few with yellow caps. Im not sure where you could find one, I don't think they are in production anymore, maybe on ebay?



Thanks man, that's the one. I really like the look of it, although from some googling it seems really hard to get hold of one


I got it and it looks cool, but as has already been said, it's really just the standard Filco TKL model with yellow caps. I checked and the store I bought it from doesn't have it anymore.

Probably easiest to just get a regular Filco TKL and get some custom keycaps and you're gtg


Yeah that would be easy to do and it would look pretty close to the "real" thing, but on the actual yellow key cap version you have the yellow LEDs instead of red(?) and the FILCO logo is yellow. Small differences I know but still...


Mine is Blue


Mine is pink


Word, Pink filcos are the best.


Haha, yeah. I even sacrificed ISO layout just to get one pink
8)
warz_
Profile Joined March 2012
Greece64 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-05 21:55:56
April 05 2013 21:55 GMT
#5423
So I don't have that NRKO thing (or whatever it's called) enabled on my CM Storm TK, should I enable it? Does it make much of a difference or is it useless?
crms
Profile Joined February 2010
United States11933 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-05 23:48:47
April 05 2013 23:48 GMT
#5424
i wouldn't even worry about it. If it's on it's a nice little bonus, but as long as you have at least 4KRO (almost any modern keyboard) you probably will never notice.
http://i.imgur.com/fAUOr2c.png | Fighting games are great
Bam Lee
Profile Joined June 2012
2336 Posts
April 06 2013 00:55 GMT
#5425
What do you guys think of the qpad mk-50?(with red switches)

Was thinking about getting a relatively cheap red switches keyboard and i havent heard any negative things about it so far.Costs about ~80€ for me
Havik_
Profile Joined November 2011
United States5585 Posts
April 06 2013 02:29 GMT
#5426
The usb port on the Rosewill makes it so I can't recommend it to anyone. For brown switches, anything from cooler master would be good. Even something that's EoL like a quickfire pro would be good if it has a numpad. I think newegg has one on sale for $60 after a promo code and rebate.
"An opinion is only as good as the evidence that backs it up."- William O'Malley, S.J.
StaraCroft
Profile Joined April 2012
Austria292 Posts
April 06 2013 11:34 GMT
#5427
On April 06 2013 09:55 Bam Lee wrote:
What do you guys think of the qpad mk-50?(with red switches)

Was thinking about getting a relatively cheap red switches keyboard and i havent heard any negative things about it so far.Costs about ~80€ for me

I have it, and I also bought a second one for my sister, so yah I like it. If you're used to 105 key layout, this is one of the very few ones that has a 105 key layout. - So the choice wasn't hard for me. I have never tried any other switches, but I'm not missing anything.
Stiluz
Profile Joined October 2010
Norway688 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-06 13:22:50
April 06 2013 13:22 GMT
#5428
On April 06 2013 20:34 StaraCroft wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 06 2013 09:55 Bam Lee wrote:
What do you guys think of the qpad mk-50?(with red switches)

Was thinking about getting a relatively cheap red switches keyboard and i havent heard any negative things about it so far.Costs about ~80€ for me

I have it, and I also bought a second one for my sister, so yah I like it. If you're used to 105 key layout, this is one of the very few ones that has a 105 key layout. - So the choice wasn't hard for me. I have never tried any other switches, but I'm not missing anything.


I will second this. I haven't tried any other switches than black ones, and I prefer the red ones on the MK-50. I previously had the SSGV2 black, but the layout felt strange and I didn't like the black switches. I'm currently very happy with the MK-50.
IceBergZ
Profile Joined September 2012
Malaysia176 Posts
April 07 2013 03:33 GMT
#5429
blackwidow tournament edition 2013 blue switch good keyboard ?
Havik_
Profile Joined November 2011
United States5585 Posts
April 07 2013 04:01 GMT
#5430
On April 07 2013 12:33 IceBergZ wrote:
blackwidow tournament edition 2013 blue switch good keyboard ?



There's no reason to buy that thing when you can get the Quickfire Rapid for cheaper. Literally no reason.
"An opinion is only as good as the evidence that backs it up."- William O'Malley, S.J.
blackone
Profile Joined November 2010
Germany1314 Posts
April 07 2013 10:49 GMT
#5431
The Razer keyboard is waaaaaay cheaper in a lot of places around the world. If the CMStorm is even available.
ThatGuy
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Canada695 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-07 14:50:09
April 07 2013 14:49 GMT
#5432
Hey guys, been waiting for the new Quickfire Rapid Stealth edition to come out for awhile now . I haven't seen it on sale yet (even on the CM store lol) but it looks like it's been released, I think. There is some specific information on their web site now http://www.cmstorm.com/en/products/keyboards/Stealth/.

I thought they were going to make a version with Black switches, but it looks like I was sadly mistaken! I guess I'm getting a Quickfire Rapid then :|.
WonDeRSC
Profile Joined June 2011
United States234 Posts
April 07 2013 18:26 GMT
#5433
I want to either get a ducky or a filco.
Problem is that filcos are about $185 for me if I try to get one from keyboardco's website.
Is there much of a difference between the ducky shine 2 and the majestouch 2?
Ropid
Profile Joined March 2009
Germany3557 Posts
April 07 2013 19:34 GMT
#5434
The Ducky you mentioned has illuminated keys. I wouldn't worry about price meaning worse quality. I think I've never seen a bad review for Ducky. Filco simply has Japan involved somewhere in the process and I bet that's the only reason for the price difference, not quality.
"My goal is to replace my soul with coffee and become immortal."
[S9] taeZaKi
Profile Joined May 2012
50 Posts
April 08 2013 06:03 GMT
#5435
Anyone take notice of Corsair's K95 and K70? Finally full-mechanical with reactive lights and a black shell color option. Hopefully they get their stuff together and release it with minimal problems. Looking forward to the K70, specifically.
disco
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Netherlands1667 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-08 13:01:35
April 08 2013 10:02 GMT
#5436
On February 15 2012 22:00 disco wrote:
I have quite some demands for a new keyboard I want to get, but I'm not sure if they actually exist.
I've been looking for a keyboard with (preferably) brown switches, backlight AND a couple of media keys (mostly to control volume). Definitely no macro keys or stuff like that.

It seems like the XArmor U9BL-S has everything I want but I can't seem to find it anywhere.
Can someone recommend me a different one? Could possibly go for blue switches if brown is impossible. I've never had a mechanical keyboard before so I wanted to go with the "most recommended" switches.


I'm going to quote myself here because I found something that fits all my needs:

http://www.gigabyte.us/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4179#ov

The GigaByte Aivia Osmium is backlit, has a dedicated volume dial and is available with MX Brown switches (according to the website). Sadly I haven't found a shop that sells the MX Brown version yet (just the Reds).

It does have macro keys but they are not in a position that would bother me during normal use.

Anyone have any experience with this keyboard?

Edit: Or what are your guys expierience with red switches & SC2?
this game is a fucking jokie
[S9] taeZaKi
Profile Joined May 2012
50 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-08 18:23:59
April 08 2013 18:21 GMT
#5437
I have a Corsair K90, which are Reds. Actually the Osmium was my second choice, but I found this one cheaper.

What I can tell you is that it is relatively easy to press keys. IMO, very easy and they feel very light. I've had Blacks before and I could not get over my fingers getting tired from playing all day, so Reds were perfect for me since I also preferred the linear-action keys over the blues/browns that you have to bottom out. Because of its lightness, some people have had trouble with mistyping/mispressing keys during typing or gameplay, but I never thought it was a big problem.

As for SC2, it's only a matter of practice to get used to the keyboard, but after that, it'll serve you as much as any other keyboard you'll get used to. You will notice the lightness, though, trust me. It's a lot easier to spam/warmup keypresses if you're into that kind of stuff.
disco
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Netherlands1667 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-08 18:27:51
April 08 2013 18:26 GMT
#5438
The only thing I'm worried about with Reds is the fact that there is no feedback. Isn't it really easy to hit a button (or hit one twice) without you noticing it? (especially during a tense high apm game)

I should really try some mechanical keyboards somewhere. Sadly most places don't have them set up to try, except for perhaps some Razer or SteelSeries.
this game is a fucking jokie
Pursuit_
Profile Blog Joined June 2012
United States1330 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-08 19:31:21
April 08 2013 19:28 GMT
#5439
On April 09 2013 03:26 disco wrote:
The only thing I'm worried about with Reds is the fact that there is no feedback. Isn't it really easy to hit a button (or hit one twice) without you noticing it? (especially during a tense high apm game)

I should really try some mechanical keyboards somewhere. Sadly most places don't have them set up to try, except for perhaps some Razer or SteelSeries.


I use a Vortex RACE with Cherry MX Reds and I almost never a button without noticing it. You adjust pretty quickly to whatever keyboard you use, so I would just go with something that you like the feel of.

edit: going from Blues to Reds, I prefer Reds a lot but they do have a far less clicky/tactile feel to them (when playing quickly I mostly tell if I hit the right button based on finger position) if that's important to you. I like Reds because they just feel smoother / quicker.
In Somnis Veritas
[S9] taeZaKi
Profile Joined May 2012
50 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-09 00:17:07
April 09 2013 00:05 GMT
#5440
This is optional, but what you can do is order a sort of sample pack online that contains one of each switch. Should be around 5$ or so if you feel like it.

And I've the same experience that Pursuit_ had. You will adjust to any keyboard quickly as long as the keyboard is similar layout (i.e. muscle memory; placement won't be too much an issue if you're used to where everything is, obv.). I almost never mistap, and if I do, it's usually because my mind blanks out or I've changed my hotkeys.

Anyway, I plan on getting browns in the near future just to try them out. Don't like the sounds of the blues at all. Feel like I need a linear switch and a tactile feedback one.
Prev 1 270 271 272 273 274 383 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 29m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4550
Shuttle 1806
Leta 1691
BeSt 397
Soulkey 191
Soma 147
sorry 55
ZergMaN 31
Shine 23
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm156
League of Legends
JimRising 579
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King46
Other Games
summit1g7851
WinterStarcraft672
Sick193
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV230
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Sammyuel 38
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2272
League of Legends
• Rush1361
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2h 29m
Patches Events
7h 29m
BSL Open Qualifier
11h 29m
BSL Open Qualifier
11h 29m
OSC
15h 29m
OSC
1d 4h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.