• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:20
CEST 14:20
KST 21:20
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War625.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7119 users

Mechanical Keyboard Guide - Page 193

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 191 192 193 194 195 383 Next
Fragile51
Profile Joined October 2011
Netherlands15767 Posts
September 10 2012 19:32 GMT
#3841
On September 05 2012 22:34 tymt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 05 2012 09:01 Xiron wrote:
Wow on elitekeyboards.com , leopold tenkeyless for 99$.. thought to myself.. wow, this is amazing.. look up shipping.. 50$ ROFL no way ever.

Yes shipping from US to EU is very expensive. Try to find something from EU or asia. Much cheaper :o


I dunno man, shipping from UK to the Netherlands cost a fucking fortune when i was looking at a filco. It's cheaper to get a cm storm quickfire rapid from mechanicalkeyboards.com and have it flown over. It should set me back about 100 euro's as opposed to 160 for the filco..
Vaelone
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Finland4400 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-10 22:56:08
September 10 2012 20:53 GMT
#3842
Hey there I'm set on getting a Steelseries 6gv2 as a starter board, now question is should I get black or red switches? I understood that the only difference is that black ones require more force.

Can anyone with experience give their input on which is easier to move on to from traditional keyboards, or which version of the keyboard they prefer? Currently using Sidewinder x6 and I'm buying this for mostly playing games of various genres and I won't be a writing a book with it.

I don't really have the option to try out both without actually ordering them.

Leaning towards red.

Ah well I heard that black can cause some fatigue and my hands have never felt comfortable with ctrl/shift even after years of gaming so I ordered the red version, also noticed a new thread about Red Edition that had popped up on TL after I looked it up here couple days ago. *sigh*
m1rk3
Profile Joined July 2011
Canada412 Posts
September 11 2012 00:09 GMT
#3843
+ Show Spoiler +
On September 11 2012 05:53 Vaelone wrote:
Hey there I'm set on getting a Steelseries 6gv2 as a starter board, now question is should I get black or red switches? I understood that the only difference is that black ones require more force.

Can anyone with experience give their input on which is easier to move on to from traditional keyboards, or which version of the keyboard they prefer? Currently using Sidewinder x6 and I'm buying this for mostly playing games of various genres and I won't be a writing a book with it.

I don't really have the option to try out both without actually ordering them.

Leaning towards red.

Ah well I heard that black can cause some fatigue and my hands have never felt comfortable with ctrl/shift even after years of gaming so I ordered the red version, also noticed a new thread about Red Edition that had popped up on TL after I looked it up here couple days ago. *sigh*



Why would you ask which one to get when you already ordered the red. Yes, if you are gaming for longer periods of time, stick with reds.
For the Dominion!
sour_eraser
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada932 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-11 05:15:51
September 11 2012 05:14 GMT
#3844
Hey guys!
I've been looking to buy my first Mech keyboard in Canada and today I've noticed NCIX had decided to sell
"Cherry" branded keyboards. Currently, it is priced at 59.99 with free shipping but is it worth getting it? I've never heard of that brand or at least it wasnt mentioned in this thread. I dont want some cheaply built keyboard as my first but want Okish to great one as cheap as possible
Also, I know this has been mentioned a lot, but which color should I lean toward if I mainly use the keyboard for sc2 and some FPS? It seems there are every color to choose from if I go with Cherry branded board

Edit: oh here is an link if you guys want to look at it
http://ncix.ca/products/?sku=75697&vpn=G80-3800LSBEU-2&manufacture=Cherry
^ It's an black one but you can choose different ones
"What's the f*cking point of censoring a letter if everyone and their mother knows what it stands for.... F*cking morons"
ljd1131
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
Australia83 Posts
September 11 2012 05:52 GMT
#3845
What would you guys reccomend getting out of the Filco Majestouch with brown swtiches or a Leopold Fc700r with brown switches?
Vaelone
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Finland4400 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-11 07:44:04
September 11 2012 07:43 GMT
#3846
On September 11 2012 09:09 m1rk3 wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On September 11 2012 05:53 Vaelone wrote:
Hey there I'm set on getting a Steelseries 6gv2 as a starter board, now question is should I get black or red switches? I understood that the only difference is that black ones require more force.

Can anyone with experience give their input on which is easier to move on to from traditional keyboards, or which version of the keyboard they prefer? Currently using Sidewinder x6 and I'm buying this for mostly playing games of various genres and I won't be a writing a book with it.

I don't really have the option to try out both without actually ordering them.

Leaning towards red.

Ah well I heard that black can cause some fatigue and my hands have never felt comfortable with ctrl/shift even after years of gaming so I ordered the red version, also noticed a new thread about Red Edition that had popped up on TL after I looked it up here couple days ago. *sigh*



Why would you ask which one to get when you already ordered the red. Yes, if you are gaming for longer periods of time, stick with reds.


It's called editing and not having ordered anything yet when I posted initially but thanks for confirming that I made the right decision.
Blaec
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia4289 Posts
September 11 2012 09:39 GMT
#3847
On September 11 2012 14:52 ljd1131 wrote:
What would you guys reccomend getting out of the Filco Majestouch with brown swtiches or a Leopold Fc700r with brown switches?


If you need a numpad you have to get the Filco as the leopold does not have a numpad.

If you don't then its pretty hard to justify $20/30 extra for the Filco.
xrapture
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States1644 Posts
September 11 2012 10:29 GMT
#3848
anyone know of a good and cheap keyboard like dt- 35?
Everyone is either delusional, a nihlilst, or dead from suicide.
Chrono000
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Korea (South)358 Posts
September 11 2012 10:30 GMT
#3849
On September 11 2012 18:39 Blaec wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 11 2012 14:52 ljd1131 wrote:
What would you guys reccomend getting out of the Filco Majestouch with brown swtiches or a Leopold Fc700r with brown switches?


If you need a numpad you have to get the Filco as the leopold does not have a numpad.

If you don't then its pretty hard to justify $20/30 extra for the Filco.






I want to help inform people on the difference between filco and leopold keyboards, I've used both and have done my own research.

Filco as ive discovered first hand do feel different due to the large keys having a different mechanism (spacebar etc). Basically Filco keys all feel the same while on leopold boards the big keys feel slightly different from the regular keys.

Also Filco keyboards apparently are built a little more solid on the insides compared to leopolds I cant confirm personally cause im not about to open both boards but on websites like geekhack this is apparently so.

Leopold boards do have an advantage over filco key caps. Basically the key caps have a slight texture on them which imo feel nicer and the plastic of each keycap is thicker. The advantage of thicker plastic keys besides the durability would be the noise and feel they make as they bottom out (hit the bottem of the board). Thinner plastic keys have a lower pitch noise and id argue sound and feel cheaper.

Also you might want to note the different font print style on the keys, i actually think the filco print and font looks slightly nicer.

Other small factors that might be worth mentioning are the different grip styles on the bottem of the keyboard. filco have grip on the legs while leopolds legs dont. But leopold has more grip on the bottem of the keyboard with 6 rubber feet, filco only uses 4.

Not to mention the cord which can be detached from the leopold as well as groves to guide the cord in your desired direction.

Personally I prefer the Filco keyboard even if they cost more and this is largely so due to the fact that the big keys all feel uniform. There is something about the Leopold space bar that just feels cheap. You will use the spacebar key a lot over a life time so to me its important how it feels.
Norris_is_GODLY
Profile Joined April 2011
United Kingdom46 Posts
September 11 2012 16:48 GMT
#3850
Anyone from the UK managed to get hold of a 6gv2 with red switches? Reeeeeeally want one. Loving my 6gv2 with blacks, but my wrists really start to ache after prolonged playing.
Hitapotamonkus
Profile Joined January 2011
United States18 Posts
September 11 2012 17:50 GMT
#3851
I have a 6gv2 with black switches as well, but sometimes the black keys seem a little too stiff, especially for typing. I looked at the reviews for the 6gv2 red on a amazon and they're quite positive. I even saw kawaii rice give it 5 stars :D If anyone has a 6gv2 red and wants to trade hit me up!
Wartortle
Profile Joined August 2010
Australia504 Posts
September 12 2012 02:49 GMT
#3852
On September 11 2012 19:30 Chrono000 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 11 2012 18:39 Blaec wrote:
On September 11 2012 14:52 ljd1131 wrote:
What would you guys reccomend getting out of the Filco Majestouch with brown swtiches or a Leopold Fc700r with brown switches?


If you need a numpad you have to get the Filco as the leopold does not have a numpad.

If you don't then its pretty hard to justify $20/30 extra for the Filco.






I want to help inform people on the difference between filco and leopold keyboards, I've used both and have done my own research.

Filco as ive discovered first hand do feel different due to the large keys having a different mechanism (spacebar etc). Basically Filco keys all feel the same while on leopold boards the big keys feel slightly different from the regular keys.

Also Filco keyboards apparently are built a little more solid on the insides compared to leopolds I cant confirm personally cause im not about to open both boards but on websites like geekhack this is apparently so.

Leopold boards do have an advantage over filco key caps. Basically the key caps have a slight texture on them which imo feel nicer and the plastic of each keycap is thicker. The advantage of thicker plastic keys besides the durability would be the noise and feel they make as they bottom out (hit the bottem of the board). Thinner plastic keys have a lower pitch noise and id argue sound and feel cheaper.

Also you might want to note the different font print style on the keys, i actually think the filco print and font looks slightly nicer.

Other small factors that might be worth mentioning are the different grip styles on the bottem of the keyboard. filco have grip on the legs while leopolds legs dont. But leopold has more grip on the bottem of the keyboard with 6 rubber feet, filco only uses 4.

Not to mention the cord which can be detached from the leopold as well as groves to guide the cord in your desired direction.

Personally I prefer the Filco keyboard even if they cost more and this is largely so due to the fact that the big keys all feel uniform. There is something about the Leopold space bar that just feels cheap. You will use the spacebar key a lot over a life time so to me its important how it feels.


You're generalizing leopold's keyboards, but in actual fact they have a few different keyboards which have many different little tweaks. In my opinion most of leopold keyboards are slightly worse than filcos due to many of the reasons you have described, however the 700R feels superior to any filco I have used. The stabalizers on the space bar and other large keys are better and the PBT keycaps are way nicer.
DPK
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada487 Posts
September 12 2012 03:51 GMT
#3853
On September 11 2012 18:39 Blaec wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 11 2012 14:52 ljd1131 wrote:
What would you guys reccomend getting out of the Filco Majestouch with brown swtiches or a Leopold Fc700r with brown switches?


If you need a numpad you have to get the Filco as the leopold does not have a numpad.

If you don't then its pretty hard to justify $20/30 extra for the Filco.


That's wrong, both Filco and Leopold have TKL versions.
Desire.Discipline.Dedication
rebdomine
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
6040 Posts
September 12 2012 04:19 GMT
#3854
On September 12 2012 12:51 DPK wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 11 2012 18:39 Blaec wrote:
On September 11 2012 14:52 ljd1131 wrote:
What would you guys reccomend getting out of the Filco Majestouch with brown swtiches or a Leopold Fc700r with brown switches?


If you need a numpad you have to get the Filco as the leopold does not have a numpad.

If you don't then its pretty hard to justify $20/30 extra for the Filco.


That's wrong, both Filco and Leopold have TKL versions.


I think he is comparing the price difference of a Leopold TKL and a Filco TKL
"Just because you are correct doesn't mean you are right!"
Shikyo
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Finland33997 Posts
September 12 2012 04:25 GMT
#3855
On September 11 2012 14:14 jidolboy wrote:
Hey guys!
I've been looking to buy my first Mech keyboard in Canada and today I've noticed NCIX had decided to sell
"Cherry" branded keyboards. Currently, it is priced at 59.99 with free shipping but is it worth getting it? I've never heard of that brand or at least it wasnt mentioned in this thread. I dont want some cheaply built keyboard as my first but want Okish to great one as cheap as possible
Also, I know this has been mentioned a lot, but which color should I lean toward if I mainly use the keyboard for sc2 and some FPS? It seems there are every color to choose from if I go with Cherry branded board

Edit: oh here is an link if you guys want to look at it
http://ncix.ca/products/?sku=75697&vpn=G80-3800LSBEU-2&manufacture=Cherry
^ It's an black one but you can choose different ones

Cherry is the manufacturer of the Cherry switches.

They should be pretty good quality, as far as I know it should be better than the quality of popular gaming keyboards like BlackWidow and G6v2. They won't really have all those interesting features but for just typing and build quality they should be really good for the money.

Also my general recommendation for linear switches would be the Red Cherry switches, the Black ones are a bit stiff for most people and I don't know of many people who prefer them over reds. (However my #1 recommendation is Topre Realforce, I no mech keyboard has come close to this variable force keyboard, at least for me).
League of Legends EU West, Platinum III | Yousei Teikoku is the best thing that has ever happened to music.
Blaec
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia4289 Posts
September 12 2012 05:34 GMT
#3856
On September 12 2012 12:51 DPK wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 11 2012 18:39 Blaec wrote:
On September 11 2012 14:52 ljd1131 wrote:
What would you guys reccomend getting out of the Filco Majestouch with brown swtiches or a Leopold Fc700r with brown switches?


If you need a numpad you have to get the Filco as the leopold does not have a numpad.

If you don't then its pretty hard to justify $20/30 extra for the Filco.


That's wrong, both Filco and Leopold have TKL versions.


I was comparing the Filco to the FC700R, which doesn't have a fullsize in Australia yet. But I suppose he could get the FC500 if he was on a budget and wanted a fullsize.
wimpwimpwimp
Profile Joined May 2012
174 Posts
September 12 2012 14:24 GMT
#3857
I want to get a mechanical keyboard for my parents.

With MX Blues, scandinavian / mac key layout.

Preferably not to expensive, and without a "gaming keyboard" type design.

Any suggestions?
Sein
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1811 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-12 18:58:23
September 12 2012 18:57 GMT
#3858
Man, I've been waiting for that Ducky Shine II for almost two months now, but there's not even a release date yet.
nam nam
Profile Joined June 2010
Sweden4672 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-12 19:18:26
September 12 2012 19:17 GMT
#3859
On September 12 2012 23:24 wimpwimpwimp wrote:
I want to get a mechanical keyboard for my parents.

With MX Blues, scandinavian / mac key layout.

Preferably not to expensive, and without a "gaming keyboard" type design.

Any suggestions?

Maybe this one:
http://www.prisjakt.nu/produkt.php?p=1251179
Seems to have gotten decent reviews from what I've seen.

Then there's ducky, filco and a couple of other quality brands but then it's almost double the price as well.
EnderSword
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada669 Posts
September 12 2012 22:29 GMT
#3860
Anyone able to give me a pretty clear rundown on the differences between:

Razer BlackWidow Ultimate
Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Stealth
Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2013

I've heard Stealth uses different switches, Brown as opposed to Blues, but I can't find anywhere if the 2013 is Brown or Blue.

Any other differences on these aside from like, the colour they're backlit in? The Tech specs sound similar.


Bronze/Silver/Gold level Guides - www.youtube.com/user/EnderSword
Prev 1 191 192 193 194 195 383 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
herO vs ByuNLIVE!
CranKy Ducklings203
SHIN 151
CranKy Ducklings SOOP53
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 391
ByuN 311
SHIN 151
Railgan 46
MindelVK 24
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 71593
Calm 11519
Rain 2490
Bisu 1455
FanTaSy 867
soO 542
Stork 532
Shuttle 434
Soma 264
Rush 246
[ Show more ]
Snow 205
firebathero 188
Last 144
Light 103
Mind 83
Pusan 73
Sea.KH 65
ToSsGirL 43
hero 40
Bale 40
Sharp 37
Trap 36
Killer 32
Hm[arnc] 31
Mong 30
Free 28
sorry 24
Aegong 20
Shine 20
yabsab 18
zelot 17
Noble 15
HiyA 14
Sacsri 13
IntoTheRainbow 11
Sexy 11
scan(afreeca) 7
Dota 2
Gorgc8475
Dendi524
League of Legends
Reynor133
Counter-Strike
fl0m1316
x6flipin714
byalli649
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King69
Other Games
gofns29385
singsing2187
B2W.Neo573
Pyrionflax244
ToD129
Trikslyr25
Chillindude9
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV251
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 79
• Gemini_19 13
• Dystopia_ 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
• Response 0
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV538
League of Legends
• Jankos3096
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1148
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
2h 41m
BSL Open Qualifier
6h 41m
BSL Open Qualifier
6h 41m
OSC
10h 41m
Replay Cast
10h 41m
OSC
23h 41m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 22h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.