• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:06
CEST 15:06
KST 22:06
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War625.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8036 users

Mechanical Keyboard Guide - Page 195

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 193 194 195 196 197 383 Next
Sovano
Profile Joined November 2011
United States1503 Posts
September 16 2012 00:05 GMT
#3881
On September 16 2012 05:28 wei2coolman wrote:
Shit, my unicomp model m's spacebar stopped working
fuck!
Just bought Cooler Master Storm QuickFire Rapid Blue Switches. Should be pretty good.

I was really content with mines I'm sure you'll like it.

I'm so damn mixed now on what keycaps I should buy. I have two keyboards coming in. The CM Storm QFR and the QFP. I'm definitely selling my QFR if I really like the browns on the QFP over the QFR blues. Then comes to the keycaps...gosh this part is just so frustrating lol. There's two keycap sets I like.

Sanctuary Keycap Set

PBT Rainbow Set

Though this is where it gets more complex. Since the CM Storm keyboard series are weird and have a non-standard modifiers. So the bottom row with the ctrl, fn, window, alt, and spacebar will not fit with either of those sets. I like the rainbow set a lot, though the sanctuary one would match the casing color on the QFP. Anyone have an opinion on what I should go with?
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
September 16 2012 01:59 GMT
#3882
Hmmm, damn those keycap sets are pretty sexy. I've personally just went with standard red keycaps with it, not a full replacement set, just 37 i think?

Personally I'd be constantly bugg'd by the fact that the bot row not matching with the rest.
liftlift > tsm
Glenn313
Profile Joined August 2011
United States475 Posts
September 16 2012 02:42 GMT
#3883
That Sanctuary Keycap Set is pro. I must order a set now. XD
Hey man
Metak
Profile Joined August 2011
296 Posts
September 16 2012 13:31 GMT
#3884
On September 11 2012 02:31 Metak wrote:
Ordered my Ducky DK-9008G2 pro with MX Browns from qtan, now I'm refreshing the tracking site 24/7. My board should be in the air tonight, excited!


I got it after 8 business days. What a f*cking amazing piece of hardware is this, my first mechanical keyboard and I'm in love. Using it on Mac with 6KRO and everything works like a charm. Recommended!
Sovano
Profile Joined November 2011
United States1503 Posts
September 16 2012 14:52 GMT
#3885
On September 16 2012 10:59 wei2coolman wrote:
Hmmm, damn those keycap sets are pretty sexy. I've personally just went with standard red keycaps with it, not a full replacement set, just 37 i think?

Personally I'd be constantly bugg'd by the fact that the bot row not matching with the rest.

Yeah that's my major issue right now haha. I think I'm just going to wait till Friday. I believe all of my mechanical keyboards should be here by then and hopefully the PBT Rainbow set as well. Worst comes to worst I'll just only have to return the PBT Rainbow set. I hope the group buy on the Sanctuary set then doesn't end soon.
m1rk3
Profile Joined July 2011
Canada412 Posts
September 16 2012 14:56 GMT
#3886
On September 16 2012 22:31 Metak wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 11 2012 02:31 Metak wrote:
Ordered my Ducky DK-9008G2 pro with MX Browns from qtan, now I'm refreshing the tracking site 24/7. My board should be in the air tonight, excited!


I got it after 8 business days. What a f*cking amazing piece of hardware is this, my first mechanical keyboard and I'm in love. Using it on Mac with 6KRO and everything works like a charm. Recommended!


Another previous membrane user converted. This thread does good. People have to try mechanicals for a week or two and switch back to membrane. Some people like this guy and me were easily converted =p. Some boards are expensive, but lately there have been a lot of boards that have been going on sale, making a mechanical much more affordable.
For the Dominion!
Sovano
Profile Joined November 2011
United States1503 Posts
September 16 2012 15:01 GMT
#3887
On September 16 2012 23:56 m1rk3 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 16 2012 22:31 Metak wrote:
On September 11 2012 02:31 Metak wrote:
Ordered my Ducky DK-9008G2 pro with MX Browns from qtan, now I'm refreshing the tracking site 24/7. My board should be in the air tonight, excited!


I got it after 8 business days. What a f*cking amazing piece of hardware is this, my first mechanical keyboard and I'm in love. Using it on Mac with 6KRO and everything works like a charm. Recommended!


Another previous membrane user converted. This thread does good. People have to try mechanicals for a week or two and switch back to membrane. Some people like this guy and me were easily converted =p. Some boards are expensive, but lately there have been a lot of boards that have been going on sale, making a mechanical much more affordable.

Hoho the difference is just great. Although if you have a good membrane keyboard for gaming like me, you can get used to membranes and mechanical keyboards. However even then I still had to take a week to get used to membranes again. It is good though that mechanical keyboards are becoming more available. At least for people in the US. International customers still have a lot of troubles in the variety of keyboards that are available to them either online or locally. International shipping is just a mess still, whether it being they cannot ship to a certain country/region or its just plain expensive.
AceLight
Profile Joined March 2012
New Zealand220 Posts
September 16 2012 15:03 GMT
#3888
http://i.imgur.com/cbiid.jpg

Not my pic, my zerg numpad doesn't get here for 4 days, but more or less them same.
Metak
Profile Joined August 2011
296 Posts
September 16 2012 15:04 GMT
#3889
On September 16 2012 23:56 m1rk3 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 16 2012 22:31 Metak wrote:
On September 11 2012 02:31 Metak wrote:
Ordered my Ducky DK-9008G2 pro with MX Browns from qtan, now I'm refreshing the tracking site 24/7. My board should be in the air tonight, excited!


I got it after 8 business days. What a f*cking amazing piece of hardware is this, my first mechanical keyboard and I'm in love. Using it on Mac with 6KRO and everything works like a charm. Recommended!


Another previous membrane user converted.


I actually was on scissors (apple keyboard), but nevertheless mechanical is the best thing ever. :>
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
September 16 2012 20:20 GMT
#3890
On September 17 2012 00:03 AceLight wrote:
http://i.imgur.com/cbiid.jpg

Not my pic, my zerg numpad doesn't get here for 4 days, but more or less them same.

O.o, holy shit. That's so sex. Too bad I don't have numpad on my CoolerMaster QuickfireRapid.

IMO people give too much shit to rubber domes, there are plenty of rubber dome keyboards that work great, and very good feel to them. The best rubber dome keyboards are around the same as Cherry MX brown in feel.
liftlift > tsm
Sovano
Profile Joined November 2011
United States1503 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-16 20:28:32
September 16 2012 20:26 GMT
#3891
On September 17 2012 05:20 wei2coolman wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 17 2012 00:03 AceLight wrote:
http://i.imgur.com/cbiid.jpg

Not my pic, my zerg numpad doesn't get here for 4 days, but more or less them same.

O.o, holy shit. That's so sex. Too bad I don't have numpad on my CoolerMaster QuickfireRapid.

IMO people give too much shit to rubber domes, there are plenty of rubber dome keyboards that work great, and very good feel to them. The best rubber dome keyboards are around the same as Cherry MX brown in feel.

Its not that we give too much shit but rather enjoy the feel of the difference between a mechanical keyboard and rubber dome, and as a result end up praising cherry switches over rubber domes. Personally I use this rubber dome keyboard at home for SC2...
http://imgur.com/bL2Yn
and I'd actually say there's zero difference in my level of gameplay when I use that or my CM Storm. Although at the end of the day if anyone had to choose between the two a majority will side with mechanical keyboards because they simply feel better to type/game on.
Kronen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States732 Posts
September 16 2012 20:49 GMT
#3892
On September 17 2012 05:20 wei2coolman wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 17 2012 00:03 AceLight wrote:
http://i.imgur.com/cbiid.jpg

Not my pic, my zerg numpad doesn't get here for 4 days, but more or less them same.

O.o, holy shit. That's so sex. Too bad I don't have numpad on my CoolerMaster QuickfireRapid.

IMO people give too much shit to rubber domes, there are plenty of rubber dome keyboards that work great, and very good feel to them. The best rubber dome keyboards are around the same as Cherry MX brown in feel.


Acelight and I are the people to talk to if you're interested in getting a copy of the zerg numpad. If you want some more pics of it to see how it reacts to backlighting and what not check out this album:

http://imgur.com/a/iWZcg

I also can't recommend my Ducky enough. I've been very happy with it so if you're on the fence about buying or looking for a backlit, you can't go wrong with the Ducky... and the Shine 2 looks fricking amazing...

Sovano
Profile Joined November 2011
United States1503 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-16 21:22:41
September 16 2012 21:21 GMT
#3893
How did you get it to be so low for $35? Wouldn't manufacturers charge you more because it's only a few people ordering it? Unless you had a group buy going somewhere.

Anyways I second that statement about the Duckys. I'm a sucker for backlit keyboards, and this video just shows how great the LEDs are on the new keyboard. Especially between 6:23 and 6:46 in the video. That's just sexy man.
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
September 16 2012 21:22 GMT
#3894
So I got 37 red keycaps, for my CM quickfire rapid, how should I arrange them? I'm thinking checkered?
liftlift > tsm
Sovano
Profile Joined November 2011
United States1503 Posts
September 16 2012 21:24 GMT
#3895
On September 17 2012 06:22 wei2coolman wrote:
So I got 37 red keycaps, for my CM quickfire rapid, how should I arrange them? I'm thinking checkered?

Jeez I'm posting a bit too much now in this thread lol. Try designing your keyboard both ways (checkered and non-checkered) and post up pictures That's the beauty of being able to replace keycaps on mechanical keyboards.
Ben...
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada3485 Posts
September 16 2012 21:25 GMT
#3896
On September 17 2012 05:26 Sovano wrote:
http://imgur.com/bL2Yn
and I'd actually say there's zero difference in my level of gameplay when I use that or my CM Storm. Although at the end of the day if anyone had to choose between the two a majority will side with mechanical keyboards because they simply feel better to type/game on.
That keyboard is amazing. I used the media version of it to play BF2, COD4 and RTSs for about 4 years and it never gave in even though I gave it hell. Only recently, 6 years after we got it, has it stopped working 100%. I still want to get a new one at some point.
"Cliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide" -Tastosis
Sovano
Profile Joined November 2011
United States1503 Posts
September 16 2012 21:28 GMT
#3897
On September 17 2012 06:25 Ben... wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 17 2012 05:26 Sovano wrote:
http://imgur.com/bL2Yn
and I'd actually say there's zero difference in my level of gameplay when I use that or my CM Storm. Although at the end of the day if anyone had to choose between the two a majority will side with mechanical keyboards because they simply feel better to type/game on.
That keyboard is amazing. I used the media version of it to play BF2, COD4 and RTSs for about 4 years and it never gave in even though I gave it hell. Only recently, 6 years after we got it, has it stopped working 100%. I still want to get a new one at some point.

Yeah it's a really solid membrane keyboard. I'm actually contemplating whether to buy one for myself now that I'm in college. It'd be pretty useful for those days when I don't want to bug my three other roommates during the night or when they're trying to study.
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
September 16 2012 21:47 GMT
#3898
you can always do o-ring modification if your mechanical keyboard is too loud.
liftlift > tsm
Sovano
Profile Joined November 2011
United States1503 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-16 21:54:09
September 16 2012 21:53 GMT
#3899
On September 17 2012 06:47 wei2coolman wrote:
you can always do o-ring modification if your mechanical keyboard is too loud.

Yeah, actually I ordered some a few days ago from wasd. They're the .2mm o-rings. They should be pretty good hopefully. I think I've spent well over $200 on keyboards and accessories this week lmfao.
DystopiaX
Profile Joined October 2010
United States16236 Posts
September 16 2012 22:30 GMT
#3900
On September 15 2012 15:52 Blaec wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 14 2012 23:24 ljd1131 wrote:
On September 14 2012 23:03 Fragile51 wrote:
On September 14 2012 22:30 ljd1131 wrote:
What does everyone have to say about the zowie celeritas?


Most people would say that it's a very solid keyboard, but the spacebar feels kinda weird.

I was thinking about getting that or a leopold fc700r, is there any real difference or things i should know.
I'm currently using a old dt-35 btw


Leopold doesn't have a numpad, has better quality key caps and comes in cool colours.

They are pretty even, but I would go the Leopold.

This is inaccurate, some leopold models have full keyboards.
Prev 1 193 194 195 196 197 383 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 54m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 601
Railgan 59
MindelVK 28
Codebar 1
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 68375
Calm 10808
Rain 2418
Bisu 2226
FanTaSy 800
Stork 671
Rush 506
soO 481
Soma 247
Snow 218
[ Show more ]
firebathero 213
Last 177
Light 109
Mind 95
hero 88
Pusan 86
Sharp 56
Free 42
ToSsGirL 41
Trap 39
Bale 36
Mong 31
Hm[arnc] 29
Aegong 22
zelot 19
Sexy 16
HiyA 15
yabsab 15
Noble 14
Sacsri 12
Shine 12
IntoTheRainbow 9
scan(afreeca) 7
Rock 5
Terrorterran 5
Icarus 4
Dota 2
Gorgc8962
Dendi825
Counter-Strike
fl0m2871
byalli1101
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King94
Other Games
gofns36704
singsing2300
B2W.Neo635
Liquid`RaSZi338
Pyrionflax246
Beastyqt135
Hui .113
Trikslyr45
Chillindude18
Happy8
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV223
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 104
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP39
• Response 10
• Dystopia_ 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV452
League of Legends
• Jankos3116
• Nemesis2920
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1238
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
1h 54m
BSL Open Qualifier
5h 54m
BSL Open Qualifier
5h 54m
OSC
9h 54m
Replay Cast
9h 54m
OSC
22h 54m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 21h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.