• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:20
CEST 14:20
KST 21:20
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War625.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7119 users

Mechanical Keyboard Guide - Page 194

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 192 193 194 195 196 383 Next
m1rk3
Profile Joined July 2011
Canada412 Posts
September 13 2012 00:12 GMT
#3861
+ Show Spoiler +
On September 13 2012 07:29 EnderSword wrote:
Anyone able to give me a pretty clear rundown on the differences between:

Razer BlackWidow Ultimate
Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Stealth
Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2013

I've heard Stealth uses different switches, Brown as opposed to Blues, but I can't find anywhere if the 2013 is Brown or Blue.

Any other differences on these aside from like, the colour they're backlit in? The Tech specs sound similar.





ultimate used blue back lighting - cherry mx blues
stealth uses blue back lighting - cherry mx browns
2013 uses green back lighting - cherry mx blues

Blues are tactile and clicky. Browns are tactile, non clicky
For the Dominion!
EnderSword
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada669 Posts
September 13 2012 04:56 GMT
#3862
On September 13 2012 09:12 m1rk3 wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On September 13 2012 07:29 EnderSword wrote:
Anyone able to give me a pretty clear rundown on the differences between:

Razer BlackWidow Ultimate
Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Stealth
Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2013

I've heard Stealth uses different switches, Brown as opposed to Blues, but I can't find anywhere if the 2013 is Brown or Blue.

Any other differences on these aside from like, the colour they're backlit in? The Tech specs sound similar.





ultimate used blue back lighting - cherry mx blues
stealth uses blue back lighting - cherry mx browns
2013 uses green back lighting - cherry mx blues

Blues are tactile and clicky. Browns are tactile, non clicky


Thanks,

So other than the colour it is backlit, is there any difference the Ultimate 2013 over the Ultimate?

If there's no difference, I'd just buy the Ultimate at Bestbuy and save on shipping cost and time.
Bronze/Silver/Gold level Guides - www.youtube.com/user/EnderSword
Sovano
Profile Joined November 2011
United States1503 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-13 05:45:18
September 13 2012 05:24 GMT
#3863
On September 13 2012 13:56 EnderSword wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 13 2012 09:12 m1rk3 wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On September 13 2012 07:29 EnderSword wrote:
Anyone able to give me a pretty clear rundown on the differences between:

Razer BlackWidow Ultimate
Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Stealth
Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2013

I've heard Stealth uses different switches, Brown as opposed to Blues, but I can't find anywhere if the 2013 is Brown or Blue.

Any other differences on these aside from like, the colour they're backlit in? The Tech specs sound similar.





ultimate used blue back lighting - cherry mx blues
stealth uses blue back lighting - cherry mx browns
2013 uses green back lighting - cherry mx blues

Blues are tactile and clicky. Browns are tactile, non clicky


Thanks,

So other than the colour it is backlit, is there any difference the Ultimate 2013 over the Ultimate?

If there's no difference, I'd just buy the Ultimate at Bestbuy and save on shipping cost and time.

The differences are so negligble you would be wondering why they even made the 2013 in the first place. Although I would suggest finding a different mechanical keyboard, it is your choice to go with the Razer BWU.

Edit:
Anyways I'm thinking about getting keycaps. Although I don't have a single clue about what types there are and the differences between them. Can anyone direct me to a good web page explaining them or care telling about them yourselves? I tried looking on GH but their page for that is still under construction :/
Blaec
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia4289 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-13 06:30:01
September 13 2012 06:22 GMT
#3864
On September 13 2012 03:57 Sein wrote:
Man, I've been waiting for that Ducky Shine II for almost two months now, but there's not even a release date yet.


They are in stock in Aus, so you shouldn't have to wait too long. And Rosewill is coming out with a backlit line, no idea of an eta on that though.

On September 13 2012 14:24 Sovano wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 13 2012 13:56 EnderSword wrote:
On September 13 2012 09:12 m1rk3 wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On September 13 2012 07:29 EnderSword wrote:
Anyone able to give me a pretty clear rundown on the differences between:

Razer BlackWidow Ultimate
Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Stealth
Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2013

I've heard Stealth uses different switches, Brown as opposed to Blues, but I can't find anywhere if the 2013 is Brown or Blue.

Any other differences on these aside from like, the colour they're backlit in? The Tech specs sound similar.





ultimate used blue back lighting - cherry mx blues
stealth uses blue back lighting - cherry mx browns
2013 uses green back lighting - cherry mx blues

Blues are tactile and clicky. Browns are tactile, non clicky


Thanks,

So other than the colour it is backlit, is there any difference the Ultimate 2013 over the Ultimate?

If there's no difference, I'd just buy the Ultimate at Bestbuy and save on shipping cost and time.

The differences are so negligble you would be wondering why they even made the 2013 in the first place. Although I would suggest finding a different mechanical keyboard, it is your choice to go with the Razer BWU.

Edit:
Anyways I'm thinking about getting keycaps. Although I don't have a single clue about what types there are and the differences between them. Can anyone direct me to a good web page explaining them or care telling about them yourselves? I tried looking on GH but their page for that is still under construction :/


Here does a pretty good job. Though I was under the impression that PBT was just better, but I could be wrong.

On September 13 2012 13:56 EnderSword wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 13 2012 09:12 m1rk3 wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On September 13 2012 07:29 EnderSword wrote:
Anyone able to give me a pretty clear rundown on the differences between:

Razer BlackWidow Ultimate
Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Stealth
Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2013

I've heard Stealth uses different switches, Brown as opposed to Blues, but I can't find anywhere if the 2013 is Brown or Blue.

Any other differences on these aside from like, the colour they're backlit in? The Tech specs sound similar.





ultimate used blue back lighting - cherry mx blues
stealth uses blue back lighting - cherry mx browns
2013 uses green back lighting - cherry mx blues

Blues are tactile and clicky. Browns are tactile, non clicky


Thanks,

So other than the colour it is backlit, is there any difference the Ultimate 2013 over the Ultimate?

If there's no difference, I'd just buy the Ultimate at Bestbuy and save on shipping cost and time.


If you need backlighting and macro keys blackwidow is nearly justifiable.

But if you just need backlighting then imo wait for the Ducky Shine II, you get a better quality keyboard with whatever switch and backlight you want for roughly the same price.

Also, I really enjoyed the beta preview
exousia_7
Profile Joined December 2011
Taiwan215 Posts
September 13 2012 07:59 GMT
#3865
Show nested quote +
On September 11 2012 14:14 jidolboy wrote:
Hey guys!
I've been looking to buy my first Mech keyboard in Canada and today I've noticed NCIX had decided to sell
"Cherry" branded keyboards. Currently, it is priced at 59.99 with free shipping but is it worth getting it? I've never heard of that brand or at least it wasnt mentioned in this thread. I dont want some cheaply built keyboard as my first but want Okish to great one as cheap as possible
Also, I know this has been mentioned a lot, but which color should I lean toward if I mainly use the keyboard for sc2 and some FPS? It seems there are every color to choose from if I go with Cherry branded board

Edit: oh here is an link if you guys want to look at it
http://ncix.ca/products/?sku=75697&vpn=G80-3800LSBEU-2&manufacture=Cherry
^ It's an black one but you can choose different ones


If you want to get a Cherry board get the G80-3000. It may look bigger and bulkier but its definitely better quality than then G80-3800.
amd098
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Korea (North)1366 Posts
September 13 2012 08:05 GMT
#3866
ultimate regular - 2 key roll over, optimized gaming cluster for up to 6 keys or so it says
ultimate 2013 - 10 key roll over it says, not sure if in wasd cluster

On September 13 2012 13:56 EnderSword wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 13 2012 09:12 m1rk3 wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On September 13 2012 07:29 EnderSword wrote:
Anyone able to give me a pretty clear rundown on the differences between:

Razer BlackWidow Ultimate
Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Stealth
Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2013

I've heard Stealth uses different switches, Brown as opposed to Blues, but I can't find anywhere if the 2013 is Brown or Blue.

Any other differences on these aside from like, the colour they're backlit in? The Tech specs sound similar.





ultimate used blue back lighting - cherry mx blues
stealth uses blue back lighting - cherry mx browns
2013 uses green back lighting - cherry mx blues

Blues are tactile and clicky. Browns are tactile, non clicky


Thanks,

So other than the colour it is backlit, is there any difference the Ultimate 2013 over the Ultimate?

If there's no difference, I'd just buy the Ultimate at Bestbuy and save on shipping cost and time.

North Korea is best Korea!
wimpwimpwimp
Profile Joined May 2012
174 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-13 10:12:37
September 13 2012 10:11 GMT
#3867
On September 13 2012 04:17 nam nam wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 12 2012 23:24 wimpwimpwimp wrote:
I want to get a mechanical keyboard for my parents.

With MX Blues, scandinavian / mac key layout.

Preferably not to expensive, and without a "gaming keyboard" type design.

Any suggestions?

Maybe this one:
http://www.prisjakt.nu/produkt.php?p=1251179
Seems to have gotten decent reviews from what I've seen.

Then there's ducky, filco and a couple of other quality brands but then it's almost double the price as well.


Thanks, but that does not have a mac layout does it?

I saw that das keyboard now has a mac version available, but without nordic key caps. But could probably get those separate?

Do any other high quality manufacturer have a mac / scandinavian keyboard with MX blues?
nam nam
Profile Joined June 2010
Sweden4672 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-13 10:42:38
September 13 2012 10:36 GMT
#3868
On September 13 2012 19:11 wimpwimpwimp wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 13 2012 04:17 nam nam wrote:
On September 12 2012 23:24 wimpwimpwimp wrote:
I want to get a mechanical keyboard for my parents.

With MX Blues, scandinavian / mac key layout.

Preferably not to expensive, and without a "gaming keyboard" type design.

Any suggestions?

Maybe this one:
http://www.prisjakt.nu/produkt.php?p=1251179
Seems to have gotten decent reviews from what I've seen.

Then there's ducky, filco and a couple of other quality brands but then it's almost double the price as well.


Thanks, but that does not have a mac layout does it?

I saw that das keyboard now has a mac version available, but without nordic key caps. But could probably get those separate?

Do any other high quality manufacturer have a mac / scandinavian keyboard with MX blues?

Oh, I'm sorry I missed the mac part. Unfortunatelly I've never looked for mac layouts myself so I don't have that information at the top of my head. It can probably be difficult to find though, you might need to wait for das to release a nordic version.
Sovano
Profile Joined November 2011
United States1503 Posts
September 13 2012 12:21 GMT
#3869
Thanks for the link Blaec. It looks like I'll look for some thicker PBT caps then for my keyboard.
ljd1131
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
Australia83 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-14 00:15:10
September 14 2012 00:14 GMT
#3870
So what switches would you guys recommend out of black and brown?
I just play sc2 btw that's it
Wartortle
Profile Joined August 2010
Australia504 Posts
September 14 2012 01:20 GMT
#3871
cant go wrong with brown =)
ljd1131
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
Australia83 Posts
September 14 2012 13:30 GMT
#3872
What does everyone have to say about the zowie celeritas?
Fragile51
Profile Joined October 2011
Netherlands15767 Posts
September 14 2012 14:03 GMT
#3873
On September 14 2012 22:30 ljd1131 wrote:
What does everyone have to say about the zowie celeritas?


Most people would say that it's a very solid keyboard, but the spacebar feels kinda weird.
ljd1131
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
Australia83 Posts
September 14 2012 14:24 GMT
#3874
On September 14 2012 23:03 Fragile51 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 14 2012 22:30 ljd1131 wrote:
What does everyone have to say about the zowie celeritas?


Most people would say that it's a very solid keyboard, but the spacebar feels kinda weird.

I was thinking about getting that or a leopold fc700r, is there any real difference or things i should know.
I'm currently using a old dt-35 btw
ripster
Profile Joined July 2012
United States64 Posts
September 15 2012 06:21 GMT
#3875
On September 13 2012 14:24 Sovano wrote:


Edit:
Anyways I'm thinking about getting keycaps. Although I don't have a single clue about what types there are and the differences between them. Can anyone direct me to a good web page explaining them or care telling about them yourselves? I tried looking on GH but their page for that is still under construction :/



I will host a All About Keys Wiki at /reddit/MechanicalKeyboards.

We will be loading up a Wiki module there.

in the meantime:
http://web.archive.org/web/20101117194402/http://geekhack.org/showwiki.php?title=All About Keys
The Number One Mechanical Keyboard Expert On The Liquid Planet
Sovano
Profile Joined November 2011
United States1503 Posts
September 15 2012 06:43 GMT
#3876
On September 15 2012 15:21 ripster wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 13 2012 14:24 Sovano wrote:


Edit:
Anyways I'm thinking about getting keycaps. Although I don't have a single clue about what types there are and the differences between them. Can anyone direct me to a good web page explaining them or care telling about them yourselves? I tried looking on GH but their page for that is still under construction :/



I will host a All About Keys Wiki at /reddit/MechanicalKeyboards.

We will be loading up a Wiki module there.

in the meantime:
http://web.archive.org/web/20101117194402/http://geekhack.org/showwiki.php?title=All About Keys

Thanks for the link ripster
Blaec
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia4289 Posts
September 15 2012 06:52 GMT
#3877
On September 14 2012 23:24 ljd1131 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 14 2012 23:03 Fragile51 wrote:
On September 14 2012 22:30 ljd1131 wrote:
What does everyone have to say about the zowie celeritas?


Most people would say that it's a very solid keyboard, but the spacebar feels kinda weird.

I was thinking about getting that or a leopold fc700r, is there any real difference or things i should know.
I'm currently using a old dt-35 btw


Leopold doesn't have a numpad, has better quality key caps and comes in cool colours.

They are pretty even, but I would go the Leopold.
stevarius
Profile Joined August 2010
United States1394 Posts
September 15 2012 06:57 GMT
#3878
What's the quietest key type of all the mechs? I have a blue switch one and it pissed off my gf at night.. lol.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Blaec
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia4289 Posts
September 15 2012 07:18 GMT
#3879
On September 15 2012 15:57 stevarius wrote:
What's the quietest key type of all the mechs? I have a blue switch one and it pissed off my gf at night.. lol.


Watch this

Blue are far louder than the rest, adding o-rings can make the rest pretty quiet.
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
September 15 2012 20:28 GMT
#3880
Shit, my unicomp model m's spacebar stopped working
fuck!
Just bought Cooler Master Storm QuickFire Rapid Blue Switches. Should be pretty good.
liftlift > tsm
Prev 1 192 193 194 195 196 383 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
herO vs ByuNLIVE!
CranKy Ducklings203
SHIN 151
CranKy Ducklings SOOP53
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 391
ByuN 311
SHIN 151
Railgan 46
MindelVK 24
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 71593
Calm 11519
Rain 2490
Bisu 1455
FanTaSy 867
soO 542
Stork 532
Shuttle 434
Soma 264
Rush 246
[ Show more ]
Snow 205
firebathero 188
Last 144
Light 103
Mind 83
Pusan 73
Sea.KH 65
ToSsGirL 43
hero 40
Bale 40
Sharp 37
Trap 36
Killer 32
Hm[arnc] 31
Mong 30
Free 28
sorry 24
Aegong 20
Shine 20
yabsab 18
zelot 17
Noble 15
HiyA 14
Sacsri 13
IntoTheRainbow 11
Sexy 11
scan(afreeca) 7
Dota 2
Gorgc8475
Dendi524
League of Legends
Reynor133
Counter-Strike
fl0m1316
x6flipin714
byalli649
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King69
Other Games
gofns29385
singsing2187
B2W.Neo573
Pyrionflax244
ToD129
Trikslyr25
Chillindude9
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV251
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 79
• Gemini_19 13
• Dystopia_ 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
• Response 0
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV538
League of Legends
• Jankos3096
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1148
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
2h 41m
BSL Open Qualifier
6h 41m
BSL Open Qualifier
6h 41m
OSC
10h 41m
Replay Cast
10h 41m
OSC
23h 41m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 22h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.