• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:26
CEST 19:26
KST 02:26
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8048 users

Mechanical Keyboard Guide - Page 160

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 158 159 160 161 162 383 Next
Thylacine
Profile Joined August 2011
Sweden882 Posts
July 01 2012 08:46 GMT
#3181
On July 01 2012 07:13 Waterflow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 01 2012 06:49 bblack wrote:
On July 01 2012 06:26 Waterflow wrote:
On July 01 2012 06:08 bblack wrote:
On July 01 2012 03:02 Waterflow wrote:
My wasd keys + e, r and c are slowly vanishing. Not that it bothers me that much but..... it has just gone 10 days since i got this keyboard and i haven't even used it that much.

Maybe Replacement Caps Man will come to my rescue.

Well those titanium caps won't fade :p
Wow they are pretty, but 150$..


I'd rather try to make my own keycaps than pay 150$ for those titanium caps

To the smithy I say!
Seriously though, someone on here should know a guy that can produce metal caps himself for a lot less bucks?


How about putting some bling on the keyboard. Diamonds, gold, platina and so on.

[image loading]
That platina stone is so f#cking sexy!


Mechanical solid keyboard with full Platina keycaps.....oh my god. Or gold? That would be delicious.
What you're looking at could be the end of a particularly terrifying nightmare. It isn't. It's the beginning. Introducing Mr. John Valentine, air traveler. His destination: the Twilight Zone...
Gluon
Profile Joined April 2011
Netherlands425 Posts
July 01 2012 10:13 GMT
#3182
On July 01 2012 17:46 Thylacine wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 01 2012 07:13 Waterflow wrote:
On July 01 2012 06:49 bblack wrote:
On July 01 2012 06:26 Waterflow wrote:
On July 01 2012 06:08 bblack wrote:
On July 01 2012 03:02 Waterflow wrote:
My wasd keys + e, r and c are slowly vanishing. Not that it bothers me that much but..... it has just gone 10 days since i got this keyboard and i haven't even used it that much.

Maybe Replacement Caps Man will come to my rescue.

Well those titanium caps won't fade :p
Wow they are pretty, but 150$..


I'd rather try to make my own keycaps than pay 150$ for those titanium caps

To the smithy I say!
Seriously though, someone on here should know a guy that can produce metal caps himself for a lot less bucks?


How about putting some bling on the keyboard. Diamonds, gold, platina and so on.

[image loading]
That platina stone is so f#cking sexy!


Mechanical solid keyboard with full Platina keycaps.....oh my god. Or gold? That would be delicious.

With the letters inlaid with diamonds or another metal..
omnomnomnom
Administrator
inbox24
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Australia344 Posts
July 01 2012 14:10 GMT
#3183
Just got the Leopold FC700R TKL Cherry Blue switches about 2 weeks ago now. Used to have a dodgey wireless keyboard and all I can say is that the difference is night and day. One complaint I have is that the longish right shift, enter, and backspace keys feel like they only have one switch under them and it makes them feel less mechanical.

Double tapping seems to be fine for SC2, although whenever I play action games, the problem magnifies and I feel arthritic trying to mash out the buttons. I think it has something to do with the fact that it takes more force to bottom out than a membrane keyboard? Although when I'm typing it feels like a dream and it feels a lot better and faster (even if I'm not actually typing faster).

Probably shouldn't have gotten the TKL, miss having a numpad sometimes.
EdenPLusDucky
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
571 Posts
July 01 2012 14:20 GMT
#3184
On July 01 2012 23:10 inbox24 wrote:
Just got the Leopold FC700R TKL Cherry Blue switches about 2 weeks ago now. Used to have a dodgey wireless keyboard and all I can say is that the difference is night and day. One complaint I have is that the longish right shift, enter, and backspace keys feel like they only have one switch under them and it makes them feel less mechanical.

Double tapping seems to be fine for SC2, although whenever I play action games, the problem magnifies and I feel arthritic trying to mash out the buttons. I think it has something to do with the fact that it takes more force to bottom out than a membrane keyboard? Although when I'm typing it feels like a dream and it feels a lot better and faster (even if I'm not actually typing faster).

Probably shouldn't have gotten the TKL, miss having a numpad sometimes.



The big keys do only have one switch under them, they are supported by stabilizers to make it feel more comfortable and to protect the switch from being damaged.
exousia_7
Profile Joined December 2011
Taiwan215 Posts
July 01 2012 16:29 GMT
#3185
which mechanical switch is most similar to the feeling of a membrane keyboard? is it blacks or browns??
FinBenton
Profile Joined March 2011
Finland870 Posts
July 01 2012 16:33 GMT
#3186
On July 02 2012 01:29 exousia_7 wrote:
which mechanical switch is most similar to the feeling of a membrane keyboard? is it blacks or browns??

Topre capacitive switches are said to be closest to membrane.
ripster
Profile Joined July 2012
United States64 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-01 16:41:28
July 01 2012 16:37 GMT
#3187

oh HAI TL!


On June 17 2012 23:54 slytown wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 17 2012 05:46 Mowr wrote:
So I would like to remove the letters on my Zowie keyboard if it is possible. It looks like they are just painted on the keys. I have tried heptan and acetone but they do not seem to work on that paint. Anyone have any ideas for other solvents that might work?


When in doubt, check geekhack. Ask Waar or Ripster if you have any problems.


I think you meant OCN. Waar is Demik at Geekhack and I am banned at Geekhack.

AND DON'T CLICK ON GEEKHACK LINKS FOR A WHILE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! unless you want to get R00TW0RMed up the butt.

Click on this!

http://www.reddit.com/r/keyboards/comments/vv3bn/latest_group_key_buy_interest_check/


[image loading]


Especially my STOLEN wikis. Damn that iMav is one rude dude.
The Number One Mechanical Keyboard Expert On The Liquid Planet
Asday
Profile Joined November 2010
United Kingdom388 Posts
July 01 2012 17:19 GMT
#3188
I don't suppose there's a place to go test out some of these keyboards, around Manchester in the UK? I'm having a hard time choosing between Cherry MX Reds and Blacks, and I would feel better if I could try them out.

Also, why is it so hard to get a UK layout board? D:
AceLight
Profile Joined March 2012
New Zealand220 Posts
July 01 2012 17:51 GMT
#3189
What are the main differences between the BWU and the Ducky Shine?
Waterflow
Profile Joined May 2011
Sweden1550 Posts
July 01 2012 18:37 GMT
#3190
On July 02 2012 02:51 AceLight wrote:
What are the main differences between the BWU and the Ducky Shine?


I guess that's kinda like asking what's the difference between a Skoda and a BMW.
slytown
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Korea (South)1411 Posts
July 01 2012 18:56 GMT
#3191
On July 02 2012 01:29 exousia_7 wrote:
which mechanical switch is most similar to the feeling of a membrane keyboard? is it blacks or browns??


Topres have a membrane but MX Clears are the most similiar. MX Clears are often called "Stiffer browns."
The best Flash meme ever: http://imgur.com/zquoK
OuchyDathurts
Profile Joined September 2010
United States4588 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-01 19:09:04
July 01 2012 19:07 GMT
#3192
On July 02 2012 02:51 AceLight wrote:
What are the main differences between the BWU and the Ducky Shine?


They're around the same price. With a ducky you can get different switches if you like but if you want to compare browns to browns.

Ducky:
More LED options than just red.
Higher build quality, it feels like you could beat someone to death with it and it would still be just fine.

Black Widow Ultimate;
USB/Mic Passthrough, handy but can be solved through other means.
Macro Keys, something I never actually used on my G15 so it was just wasted space.

Those are really the only differences. Everything else the Ducky can do or it's just gimmick stuff. Plus the ducky has the cool factor in that you'll probably never meet another person with your keyboard.

Unless you're super into red I don't see any reason to get a razer. I've had bad experiences with razer products in the past personally. The ducky you can get in purple, green, blue, white, yellow or red LEDs. You can get it in more switches and in more key cap styles like Japanese/English. Seems a no brainer.

http://tigerimports.net/sunshop/index.php?l=product_list&c=117
LiquidDota Staff
TwilightRain
Profile Joined March 2011
Germany351 Posts
July 01 2012 19:56 GMT
#3193
In case nobody noticed yet, new keyboard is coming out made by Tt eSPORTS, the Tt eSports KNUCKER.
Here are the specs: http://www.ttesports.de/products/product.aspx?s=33
Apparently, it utilizes plunger-switches. Any idea what those plunger switches are?
Looks like an interesting keyboard to try out, even if it is not a full-fledge mechanical one.
jimbob615
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Uruguay455 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-01 21:03:22
July 01 2012 21:03 GMT
#3194
i bought a mechanical keyboard after reading all the hype here, and i'm not happy

it's a razer blackwidow with cherry mx blue switches, i find it a piece of crap to play starcraft with since it's so hard to use the control + numbers and shift + numbers. very inefficient for me to play with. i'm switching back to my logitech dinovo edge, which is like a laptop keyboard (uses scissor switches), as i prefer it with the small distance each key has to be pressed. anyway, i know a lot of people like mech keyboards so i respect that but just beware if you haven't tried one before, they're not for everyone and in my opinion not good for playing sc2 on if u use control group hotkeys a lot.
one-one-one
Profile Joined November 2011
Sweden551 Posts
July 01 2012 21:20 GMT
#3195
On July 02 2012 06:03 jimbob615 wrote:
i bought a mechanical keyboard after reading all the hype here, and i'm not happy

it's a razer blackwidow with cherry mx blue switches, i find it a piece of crap to play starcraft with since it's so hard to use the control + numbers and shift + numbers. very inefficient for me to play with. i'm switching back to my logitech dinovo edge, which is like a laptop keyboard (uses scissor switches), as i prefer it with the small distance each key has to be pressed. anyway, i know a lot of people like mech keyboards so i respect that but just beware if you haven't tried one before, they're not for everyone and in my opinion not good for playing sc2 on if u use control group hotkeys a lot.


Each keyboard model is unique in how easy it is for you to use it. You can probably learn to use it effectively, but it is of course nice if it feels reasonably easy to use from the get go.
You can't generalize and say that all mechanical keyboards are bad just because one didn't suit you.

In your case the blue switches might be the culprit. I have a Steelseries 6Gv2 with black switches*.
The keys are very fast and exact to use and in particular it is very nice to have linear switches when double tapping control groups. I can really recommend it for Sc2 gaming.
Other factors might be small differences in key size and the distance between keys.
The Steelseries keyboards are cheap, so you can probably sell the keyboard you don't want, buy one of those and still have some money over.

*The same keyboard Flash used to win his first Sc2 tournament btw :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=1BFY4R7IIP4#t=1710s
zpikduM
Profile Joined August 2011
Australia36 Posts
July 01 2012 22:04 GMT
#3196
Sorry if people have already asked, but I'm just curious.

Why is tenkeyless so popular? What do you get out of not having the numpad?
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-01 22:05:56
July 01 2012 22:05 GMT
#3197
On July 02 2012 07:04 zpikduM wrote:
Sorry if people have already asked, but I'm just curious.

Why is tenkeyless so popular? What do you get out of not having the numpad?


Smaller, less spare switches. I mean, I totally have tons of backups in case a switch dies.

Personal preference and desk space mostly, I think. Plus, what does the numpad do for you if you never use it?
zpikduM
Profile Joined August 2011
Australia36 Posts
July 01 2012 22:12 GMT
#3198
On July 02 2012 07:05 JingleHell wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 02 2012 07:04 zpikduM wrote:
Sorry if people have already asked, but I'm just curious.

Why is tenkeyless so popular? What do you get out of not having the numpad?


Smaller, less spare switches. I mean, I totally have tons of backups in case a switch dies.

Personal preference and desk space mostly, I think. Plus, what does the numpad do for you if you never use it?


Its quicker for me to use numpad whenever I need access to numbers, have some of my hotkeys on numpad [the ones of lower use, forge/cyber/council], and whenever I do some data entry its nice to do it really fast. I'm not criticising anyone, im just curious, is all, because i'm looking to buy a red switch mechanical and wondering why people get tenkeyless.
FinBenton
Profile Joined March 2011
Finland870 Posts
July 01 2012 22:17 GMT
#3199
You get your mouse closer to your keyboard.
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
July 01 2012 22:23 GMT
#3200
On July 02 2012 07:12 zpikduM wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 02 2012 07:05 JingleHell wrote:
On July 02 2012 07:04 zpikduM wrote:
Sorry if people have already asked, but I'm just curious.

Why is tenkeyless so popular? What do you get out of not having the numpad?


Smaller, less spare switches. I mean, I totally have tons of backups in case a switch dies.

Personal preference and desk space mostly, I think. Plus, what does the numpad do for you if you never use it?


Its quicker for me to use numpad whenever I need access to numbers, have some of my hotkeys on numpad [the ones of lower use, forge/cyber/council], and whenever I do some data entry its nice to do it really fast. I'm not criticising anyone, im just curious, is all, because i'm looking to buy a red switch mechanical and wondering why people get tenkeyless.


Not everyone cares about the numpad, though. I never used it much as a kid, most of the time if I needed numbers it was just a few for a MUD's IP, so I'd just type it in real quick. Never got in the habit, never did a ton of data entry, so for gaming I would never consider it more convenient.

Personal preference/needs.
Prev 1 158 159 160 161 162 383 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
01:00
Patch Clash Monthly #2
RotterdaM712
TKL 259
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 712
ByuN 316
TKL 259
mouzHeroMarine 151
UpATreeSC 72
BRAT_OK 45
MindelVK 10
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 25310
Calm 3217
Shuttle 1169
Horang2 505
Soulkey 194
Dewaltoss 125
Rush 119
Zeus 63
Free 38
Hyun 33
[ Show more ]
sorry 28
Trap 27
ToSsGirL 21
Killer 20
Bale 18
PianO 18
Rock 16
Aegong 16
scan(afreeca) 15
Hm[arnc] 10
Sacsri 7
Noble 6
Dota 2
Dendi1219
League of Legends
KnowMe53
Counter-Strike
fl0m4650
Fnx 616
pashabiceps614
x6flipin515
edward0
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King73
Other Games
singsing1992
Liquid`RaSZi1457
Beastyqt662
ceh9465
Khaldor330
C9.Mang0316
crisheroes229
Grubby222
420jenkins191
dupreeh178
IndyStarCraft 151
QueenE95
Trikslyr85
JuggernautJason12
B2W.Neo0
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream22
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH280
• Hinosc 12
• EnkiAlexander 8
• Reevou 8
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 3224
• WagamamaTV546
League of Legends
• Nemesis2900
• TFBlade506
Other Games
• Shiphtur847
• imaqtpie398
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
16h 34m
INu's Battles
17h 34m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
19h 34m
OSC
1d 4h
Replay Cast
1d 5h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.