• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:13
CEST 10:13
KST 17:13
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8662 users

Mechanical Keyboard Guide - Page 157

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 155 156 157 158 159 383 Next
Blaec
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia4289 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-27 13:21:32
June 27 2012 13:20 GMT
#3121
On June 27 2012 22:08 Redmori wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 26 2012 18:28 Blaec wrote:
On June 26 2012 14:23 kpierre150 wrote:
After trying all switches, my favorites have been brown and blue, but i'm not sure about red, since i believe mine was defective. But I believe that brown will be the best for me, does anyone know which is the best cherry mx brown mechanical keyboard out there? I don't care about extra features at all, and I would prefer blank keycaps.
My two choices have been:

Das keyboard ultimate silent

and

Cooler master quickfire pro

I will really appreciate a reply, it's a hard decision for me and I just need to know which one is better quality and will feel better.


Don't get the CM pro, the quickfire rapid is the only CM board that seems to be quality atm.


Could you explain why the CM pro isn't a good choice? Since the board is new and a little bit more expensive then the CM rapid. I cannot really understand why they would make a worse keyboard for a higher price.


It sounded like he wanted a simple keyboard, and the CM pro is not that, it is very much a gamer keyboard with weird styling and some backlit keys. The QFR does have alot of CM decals but essentially its design is very simple.

The QFR is very similar to a tenkeyless filco, while the other CM boards are new designs.
Blaec
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia4289 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-27 13:32:27
June 27 2012 13:31 GMT
#3122
On June 27 2012 21:35 Nyarly wrote:
Everytime I check a new brand I see awesome keyboards, then 5 minutes later i see a bad review or something that really makes me want to search for another one
I'm not surprised about the razer marauder :p
About the Meka g-unit, the review i read was so bad i don't think i'm going to try it.

So, razer is out (price), ttesport is out (bad review), roccat is out (not mechanical), steelseries 6gv2 is meh-why-not.
Coolermaster's are nice, a bit expensive too but really nice.
Corsair's i don't really know what to think, their pictures have different layouts but there's nothing to chose one on their website, so we don't know what layout we'll have ..
Qpad's looks the best but i'm afraid the prices will be high..

So i'm thinking Steelseries if i find bad stuff about every other keyboards. Qpad if they're cheaper than expected and coolermaster if i can raise my budget (70-90€ actually).

What would be your choice ?


Well if you are fine with a keyboard without macro keys (the steelseries) then I would get a filco, das or a fc700 leopold (not sure if these come in fullsize yet). But that might be abit out of your budget or not available near you or in europe layout.

Out of what you mentioned I would go with the steelseries.
oGoZenob
Profile Joined December 2011
France1503 Posts
June 27 2012 14:21 GMT
#3123
On June 27 2012 21:35 Nyarly wrote:
Everytime I check a new brand I see awesome keyboards, then 5 minutes later i see a bad review or something that really makes me want to search for another one
I'm not surprised about the razer marauder :p
About the Meka g-unit, the review i read was so bad i don't think i'm going to try it.

So, razer is out (price), ttesport is out (bad review), roccat is out (not mechanical), steelseries 6gv2 is meh-why-not.
Coolermaster's are nice, a bit expensive too but really nice.
Corsair's i don't really know what to think, their pictures have different layouts but there's nothing to chose one on their website, so we don't know what layout we'll have ..
Qpad's looks the best but i'm afraid the prices will be high..

So i'm thinking Steelseries if i find bad stuff about every other keyboards. Qpad if they're cheaper than expected and coolermaster if i can raise my budget (70-90€ actually).

What would be your choice ?


In France you can easily (kinda) find the zowie celeritas, that's the one I own, it's awesome ! I had mine for ~100 euros
I like starcraft
Lu_e
Profile Joined December 2011
United States95 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-28 15:28:04
June 27 2012 16:39 GMT
#3124
-_- had to re-type this

What would I buy?

Price wise; (only quality keyboards listed & I know most of them)
$50 or less
IBM Model M (ol' school buckling springs)

$80 ish (sales etc)
NEW Model M by UNICOMP (still buckling spring)
CM Storm (no keypad, known as tenkeyless, TKL [I believe there is a full 104 version but more $])
WASD Barebones (Switch of your CHOICE, NO KEYCAPS you buy your own, kind of a +, any Cherry MX caps you want, wrist wrest)
Black Widow standard basically if its ALL that is available

$100+
WASD Semi custom $120 (red, black, blue, brown switches, available wrist wrest)
Daskeyboard $120? (blue switches)
Filco (camo version has media functions) $130? on amazon?
Deck Legend (good LED board [available with Clear {similar to blue but stiffer}, or Black]) $189
Leopold $$??

Note: ive also only listed sizeable boards, there are many small form factor boards with like 82 keys. Take a look at Deck's website & see.

Ducky have had their issues try for yourself, Rosewill have had their issues, Steelseries have had their issues (aren't they ansi layout only?), Razer have had their issues (& plain aren't built right, ask me how I know as I type on a BWU)

&&& I believe ROCCAT DOES have a Mech board, Other notable boards; Realforce, Noppo Choc, HHKB, KBT RACE, KBC Poker, KBT Pure, Keycool, HPE... etc. can be harder to get... again geekhack.org for vendor forums or classifieds. Check out; http://www.vendio.com/stores/E-sports-Gaming-equipments/ for different than run-of-the-mill boards.

Note2: Do your reserarch! many of these boards have just popped up in the last 6 months - year.
OuchyDathurts
Profile Joined September 2010
United States4588 Posts
June 27 2012 22:42 GMT
#3125
Finally decided to order my Ducky Shines Purple LED (MX Brown) keyboard today. Also decided to pick up the rubber O-ring dampeners from WASD keyboards to kill any clicking sound. Hoping it comes quick, I'm not a patient man so internet shopping is murder for me lol. I'll give a review when everything shows up!
LiquidDota Staff
RYUZbim
Profile Joined December 2011
France48 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-27 23:40:36
June 27 2012 23:40 GMT
#3126
brown aren't clicky, they're tactile and o-ring wouldn't kill the clicking sound but only the sound of the switch bottoming out.
OuchyDathurts
Profile Joined September 2010
United States4588 Posts
June 27 2012 23:50 GMT
#3127


1:15 mark SIGNIFICANT sound difference.
LiquidDota Staff
Mackem
Profile Joined May 2011
United Kingdom470 Posts
June 28 2012 01:50 GMT
#3128
The sound difference is because the o-rings are stopping the key caps from hitting the case underneath. Browns have more of a clack than a click.
Do you need a pole? I ask because your logical leaps are becoming logical vaults and your mental gymnastics are Olympic standard.
OuchyDathurts
Profile Joined September 2010
United States4588 Posts
June 28 2012 01:58 GMT
#3129
Semantics =P A clicking noise is annoying whether designed specifically into a key model or merely a byproduct of plastic hitting plastic. A click is a click =P I wear noise canceling headphones 99% of the time I'm at my computer, but even that 1% would drive me insane, plus people around me I'm sure will appreciate it as well.
LiquidDota Staff
Lu_e
Profile Joined December 2011
United States95 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-28 03:11:12
June 28 2012 03:07 GMT
#3130
Brown are 'tactile bump' it is felt in your finger slightly vs very audible blues, or so i've heard. Brown are on my next to try list.

CLICKCLACK noises do not bother anyone near me so... it's like popping bubble wrap 8)
CuSToM
Profile Joined October 2010
United States1478 Posts
June 28 2012 07:43 GMT
#3131
Has anybody had problems with their Razer BWU and keys that stick? I'm not sure if "stick" is the right word to use but my "1" key and my "E" key are both screwed up. When I push either of them once they will either enter the command twice or it won't be issued at all. When I type it comes out looking like "nopeee" or "hy theer" etc. It became almost impossible to play Starcraft with so I had to switch to my old rubber dome keyboard which is sad.

I already popped the keys off and tried cleaning them and it didn't help. I love the keyboard and don't want to buy another one but trying to play Starcraft and typing out papers for school has become a huge hassle, same with entering my password for stuff.
Team SCV Life #1
Flubatron
Profile Joined May 2011
United Kingdom4 Posts
June 28 2012 11:03 GMT
#3132
On June 28 2012 16:43 CuSToM wrote:
Has anybody had problems with their Razer BWU and keys that stick? I'm not sure if "stick" is the right word to use but my "1" key and my "E" key are both screwed up. When I push either of them once they will either enter the command twice or it won't be issued at all. When I type it comes out looking like "nopeee" or "hy theer" etc. It became almost impossible to play Starcraft with so I had to switch to my old rubber dome keyboard which is sad.

I already popped the keys off and tried cleaning them and it didn't help. I love the keyboard and don't want to buy another one but trying to play Starcraft and typing out papers for school has become a huge hassle, same with entering my password for stuff.


I have the same problem! I've looked around a fair bit and can't find anything really reported on it. The keys it happens on the most to me though are 'E' and 'N' in which it will double type occasionally, although sometimes key presses will seemingly never end. For example, if i'm holding W to walk forward and then let go, it will keep moving me forward until I press W again to seemingly 'unregister' it from being pressed. It only happens a few times a day though, but I have no idea what to do next!
Frag the weak, hurdle the dead.
Hurlbag
Profile Joined July 2010
United Kingdom46 Posts
June 28 2012 12:49 GMT
#3133
This might seem like an obvious question - but have you both installed the latest drivers for the BWU keyboard? if so, check if there's new firmware for it, i've heard that can often be the cause of the problem mentioned.
We're in the stickiest situation since sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun.
Bruky
Profile Joined January 2011
Czech Republic161 Posts
June 28 2012 14:07 GMT
#3134
Just got myself Filco Majestouch 2 with brown switches and it's AMAZING. I used to have Microsoft/Razer Reclusa and it was good but it can't be compared to this heaven. If you live in Czech Republic, you can get one directly from eshop.
Nyarly
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
France1030 Posts
June 29 2012 16:17 GMT
#3135
I made my choice, i raised my budget to 129€ to buy the Qpad MK-80 with Cherry MX red switches.
I'm pretty happy, i only read positive reviews positive reviews about it, i'm going to edit my post about my feelings when i receive it

Thanks again to everyone who helped me choose !
theBALLS
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Singapore2935 Posts
June 29 2012 16:34 GMT
#3136
Does anyone have the feeling that a 104-key keyboard makes your hands too far apart?

I'm currently using a 104 brown filco and I'm getting that sensation. Thinking of getting a tenkeyless variant with perhaps red/blue switches for a change.

Anyone else had/have this sensation and plan to/have already tried it out?
If you lose the stick, you'll always have theBALLS.
Ropid
Profile Joined March 2009
Germany3557 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-29 16:50:07
June 29 2012 16:48 GMT
#3137
I would think the only thing that matters for your health would be what your wrist is doing, if your hand and lower arm are in a straight line and the wrist not bending. You can fiddle with the position of your keyboard on your desk and twist its angle a bit. Tenkeyless would help if you want everything on your desk positioned with straight angles in front of you. Tenkeyless is also neat so you do not have to move your mouse hand as far when you swap between typing and mouse use.

That said, my next keyboard will be Tenkeyless or perhaps something even smaller like the Noppoo Choc Mini. I felt the same as you about the positioning of my arms.
"My goal is to replace my soul with coffee and become immortal."
Blaec
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia4289 Posts
June 29 2012 17:04 GMT
#3138
On June 30 2012 01:34 theBALLS wrote:
Does anyone have the feeling that a 104-key keyboard makes your hands too far apart?

I'm currently using a 104 brown filco and I'm getting that sensation. Thinking of getting a tenkeyless variant with perhaps red/blue switches for a change.

Anyone else had/have this sensation and plan to/have already tried it out?


Yeh thats one of the best parts of a tenkeyless. And with how my desk is set up a tenkeyless means the typing keys are directly in front of me instead of off to the left when using a fullsize.
LavendrGooms
Profile Joined May 2011
United States134 Posts
June 29 2012 17:11 GMT
#3139
On June 28 2012 23:07 Bruky wrote:
Just got myself Filco Majestouch 2 with brown switches and it's AMAZING. I used to have Microsoft/Razer Reclusa and it was good but it can't be compared to this heaven. If you live in Czech Republic, you can get one directly from eshop.
I bought the same keyboard a while back. Best purchase! I had to have mine shipped from Europe though so the shipping cost wasn't cheap.
www.twitch.tv/lavendrgooms
Waterflow
Profile Joined May 2011
Sweden1550 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-29 20:28:46
June 29 2012 20:28 GMT
#3140
On June 28 2012 07:42 OuchyDathurts wrote:
Finally decided to order my Ducky Shines Purple LED (MX Brown) keyboard today. Also decided to pick up the rubber O-ring dampeners from WASD keyboards to kill any clicking sound. Hoping it comes quick, I'm not a patient man so internet shopping is murder for me lol. I'll give a review when everything shows up!


Huh? In the swedish stores that sells Ducky keyboards the Purple LED ones are MX Black and the White LED is MX Brown. ^^
Prev 1 155 156 157 158 159 383 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 47m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 766
GuemChi 592
Leta 321
BeSt 217
Soma 176
Hyun 159
firebathero 127
Mong 76
910 51
sSak 38
[ Show more ]
Bale 25
PianO 23
yabsab 21
ZergMaN 19
HiyA 17
Noble 9
Shine 8
Dota 2
febbydoto14
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss575
ceh9516
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King413
Other Games
summit1g8228
olofmeister880
JimRising 479
Happy336
KnowMe50
Trikslyr28
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick441
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream33
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• killerbeecast34
• Letter146
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Stunt401
• Jankos293
Other Games
• Shiphtur355
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
2h 47m
Patches Events
7h 47m
The PondCast
1d 1h
INu's Battles
1d 2h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 14h
Replay Cast
1d 14h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Disclosure: This page contains affiliate marketing links that support TLnet.

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.