• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:34
CEST 03:34
KST 10:34
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8884 users

Simple Questions Simple Answers - Page 157

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 155 156 157 158 159 653 Next
rd
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States2586 Posts
June 12 2012 19:23 GMT
#3121
Is there a way to get SC2 to automatically store replays within the same folder across multiple accounts?
EdenPLusDucky
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
571 Posts
June 12 2012 19:32 GMT
#3122
I believe you can do that with sc2gears
rd
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States2586 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-12 19:55:06
June 12 2012 19:48 GMT
#3123
On June 13 2012 04:32 EdenPLusDucky wrote:
I believe you can do that with sc2gears


edit: I know SC2gears can search multiple account folders and save them into one folder, if thats what you mean, but I'm looking for a way to get SC2 to save them into one folder and not separate them based on accounts.
TheToast
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4808 Posts
June 12 2012 20:03 GMT
#3124
On June 13 2012 04:48 Tyrant0 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 13 2012 04:32 EdenPLusDucky wrote:
I believe you can do that with sc2gears


edit: I know SC2gears can search multiple account folders and save them into one folder, if thats what you mean, but I'm looking for a way to get SC2 to save them into one folder and not separate them based on accounts.


No, SC2 cannot be setup to do this by itself. You will need to use a third part program like SC2gears.
I like the way the walls go out. Gives you an open feeling. Firefly's a good design. People don't appreciate the substance of things. Objects in space. People miss out on what's solid.
TheToast
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4808 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-12 20:30:12
June 12 2012 20:25 GMT
#3125
On June 13 2012 02:04 HotCookies wrote:
Which ssd would you reccomend buying? I think i am gonna need an 120gb one or 240gb max. sata 3

i5 2500k
Gts 250 (gonna get gtx 560 ti soon)
Z68
4gb ddr3 1333mhz
Western digital caviar green 500gb


IMO, go with the smaller 120GB one and use the extra cash to get a secondary HDD to store all your extra files. The only advantage SSD confers is speed, so using it to store movies or whatever is a complete waste of money. Best way to do it is to get the smallest one you can that will hold your games and Windows install; put everything else on a secondary HDD since storing them on a SSD has absolutely no benefit.

On June 13 2012 04:10 Stiluz wrote:
I feel so silly asking this: I have an Asus H77 Series motherboard and a ivy bridge i5 3550 CPU. My ram is 1600 mhz, but the motherboard defaults it to 1333. If I turn the speed to 1600 mhz, the CPU goes from like 3,3 ghz to 3,314 ghz. Is it supposed to do that? Am I fucking up? The MB manual says it's compatible with 1600 mhz ram.


Yeah, I did a lot of searching and can't come up with a single good reason why the bios should report the clock speed as 14Mhz higher when running the RAM at 1600Mhz. You could try flashing the bios to a newer version, but I don't think it's anything to worry about.

-edit: I think I found the answer: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Front_side_bus#memory

I like the way the walls go out. Gives you an open feeling. Firefly's a good design. People don't appreciate the substance of things. Objects in space. People miss out on what's solid.
Wabbit
Profile Joined August 2010
United States1028 Posts
June 12 2012 20:30 GMT
#3126
On June 13 2012 02:04 HotCookies wrote:
Which ssd would you reccomend buying? I think i am gonna need an 120gb one or 240gb max. sata 3

i5 2500k
Gts 250 (gonna get gtx 560 ti soon)
Z68
4gb ddr3 1333mhz
Western digital caviar green 500gb


I'd probably put more into the video card before getting a 240-256GB SSD over a 120-128.

Get a Plextor M3, Intel 520, Samsung 830, or Crucial M4.

The Plextor and Intel have 5yr warranties, but I wouldn't pay too much more for them over the Samsung or Crucial.
The answers to most of your Tech Support questions are in the OP. That's why you're not getting a reply. It's been answered before. Read the OP.
Stiluz
Profile Joined October 2010
Norway688 Posts
June 12 2012 20:38 GMT
#3127
On June 13 2012 05:25 TheToast wrote:


Show nested quote +
On June 13 2012 04:10 Stiluz wrote:
I feel so silly asking this: I have an Asus H77 Series motherboard and a ivy bridge i5 3550 CPU. My ram is 1600 mhz, but the motherboard defaults it to 1333. If I turn the speed to 1600 mhz, the CPU goes from like 3,3 ghz to 3,314 ghz. Is it supposed to do that? Am I fucking up? The MB manual says it's compatible with 1600 mhz ram.


Yeah, I did a lot of searching and can't come up with a single good reason why the bios should report the clock speed as 14Mhz higher when running the RAM at 1600Mhz. You could try flashing the bios to a newer version, but I don't think it's anything to worry about.

-edit: I think I found the answer: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Front_side_bus#memory



I didn't understand your edit >_> Could you explain?
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
June 12 2012 20:43 GMT
#3128
If you're not unstable, ignore it. Bizarre, minute differences in theoretical and actual clocks are pretty common when overclocking, so if it's not hurting anything, don't fight it.
TheToast
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4808 Posts
June 12 2012 21:00 GMT
#3129
On June 13 2012 05:38 Stiluz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 13 2012 05:25 TheToast wrote:


On June 13 2012 04:10 Stiluz wrote:
I feel so silly asking this: I have an Asus H77 Series motherboard and a ivy bridge i5 3550 CPU. My ram is 1600 mhz, but the motherboard defaults it to 1333. If I turn the speed to 1600 mhz, the CPU goes from like 3,3 ghz to 3,314 ghz. Is it supposed to do that? Am I fucking up? The MB manual says it's compatible with 1600 mhz ram.


Yeah, I did a lot of searching and can't come up with a single good reason why the bios should report the clock speed as 14Mhz higher when running the RAM at 1600Mhz. You could try flashing the bios to a newer version, but I don't think it's anything to worry about.

-edit: I think I found the answer: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Front_side_bus#memory



I didn't understand your edit >_> Could you explain?


Not really, that's why I linked the article lol. I think it has something to do with the FSB changing slighly to match the same ratio with the memory bus when the memory bus speed is increased. Which therefore increases the reported CPU clock speed slightly But I'm not entirely sure about that and I am far too tired today to do the relevant math. If you're curious the links in that article should provide more relevant background info.

Otherwise, what JH said, don't worry about it.
I like the way the walls go out. Gives you an open feeling. Firefly's a good design. People don't appreciate the substance of things. Objects in space. People miss out on what's solid.
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-12 21:08:17
June 12 2012 21:06 GMT
#3130
It's one of those things you don't need to understand unless you're designing motherboards/BIOSes, or overclocking professionally. If you want to understand it, well, feel free to find info, but you'd be well outside the realm of simple answers.

I sure as hell don't understand it entirely, and couldn't give a shit less. My best understanding has something to do with the BIOS not being written for the individual chip you're using, and screwy stuff to do with how the bclock and ratios work internally. Kind of like how even the best motherboards don't report super accurate voltages to software, and instead just have monitoring contact points so you can look it up yourself.
Stiluz
Profile Joined October 2010
Norway688 Posts
June 12 2012 21:11 GMT
#3131
Ah, ok, thanks. =D
Jizla
Profile Joined July 2011
Scotland235 Posts
June 12 2012 21:30 GMT
#3132
Hey guys just a quick question about dual screen set ups.

I have a TV set up as my second monitor on the other side of the room which I use for watching streams, tv shows etc but somethings that I turn to full screen will always go onto my monitor and not the TV. I've tried changing around which is the primary screen but it doesnt make a difference. Some streams dont have a problem with it, but for example the MLG streams from the weekend would always fullscreen on my monitor a

Any advice would be greatly apreciated.
Vanished.... Like a wrinkly ninja.....
EdenPLusDucky
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
571 Posts
June 12 2012 21:38 GMT
#3133
On June 13 2012 06:30 jimthelege wrote:
Hey guys just a quick question about dual screen set ups.

I have a TV set up as my second monitor on the other side of the room which I use for watching streams, tv shows etc but somethings that I turn to full screen will always go onto my monitor and not the TV. I've tried changing around which is the primary screen but it doesnt make a difference. Some streams dont have a problem with it, but for example the MLG streams from the weekend would always fullscreen on my monitor a

Any advice would be greatly apreciated.


Open a window that you want to view in fullscreen on the TV on said TV and close it. Open the program again and the window should appear on the TV, fullscreen it.
Quochobao
Profile Joined October 2010
United States350 Posts
June 12 2012 22:27 GMT
#3134
Hi guys,

for some reasons shift + f2 to save camera position doesn't work on my new laptop (lenovo ideapad y570, windows 7), other combination of shift + f# work fine.

Do you guys have any idea why? what other applications may use shift + f2? Is there a place in windows 7 where I can go to find what all of my keyboard shortcuts mean?
Best or nothing.
Jizla
Profile Joined July 2011
Scotland235 Posts
June 12 2012 22:27 GMT
#3135
On June 13 2012 06:38 EdenPLusDucky wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 13 2012 06:30 jimthelege wrote:
Hey guys just a quick question about dual screen set ups.

I have a TV set up as my second monitor on the other side of the room which I use for watching streams, tv shows etc but somethings that I turn to full screen will always go onto my monitor and not the TV. I've tried changing around which is the primary screen but it doesnt make a difference. Some streams dont have a problem with it, but for example the MLG streams from the weekend would always fullscreen on my monitor a

Any advice would be greatly apreciated.


Open a window that you want to view in fullscreen on the TV on said TV and close it. Open the program again and the window should appear on the TV, fullscreen it.


And the TL tech gurus fix it again :D

Thanks mate
Vanished.... Like a wrinkly ninja.....
oscar62
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada417 Posts
June 13 2012 23:19 GMT
#3136
follow-up to my previous question!

this is the old motherboard i am using

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_775/P5Q_PRO/

can anybody give me a few suggestions for good, mid-high range cards that will be compatible with this mobo? i'm really hoping i can get out to fry's today or tomorrow to upgrade, thanks so much!!
SirHyoon
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Australia46 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-14 02:28:44
June 14 2012 02:12 GMT
#3137
would this mobo be okay with my product choices below?
Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-H61MA-D2V DESKTOP MOTHERBOARD
with a i5 ivy bridge processor and a Sapphire Radeon HD7870 2GB? Also if possible what type of RAM channel kit do i need with that motherboard >.< thank you in advance
iTzSnypah
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States1738 Posts
June 14 2012 02:28 GMT
#3138
How do I make MSI Afterburner stop recording video? I found today that it has recorded over 61GB of video. I must say though that the quality is a lot better than what I was able to achieve using xsplit though.
[image loading]
Team Liquid needs more Terrans.
Josh_rakoons
Profile Joined December 2011
United Kingdom1158 Posts
June 14 2012 02:41 GMT
#3139
Quitting the program would make it stop... but i'd advise you use a hotkey, for example i use ctrl + f8.
iTzSnypah
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States1738 Posts
June 14 2012 02:48 GMT
#3140
On June 14 2012 11:41 Josh_rakoons wrote:
Quitting the program would make it stop... but i'd advise you use a hotkey, for example i use ctrl + f8.

I would quit it however I have my GPU overclocked and have custom fan speed curve for it.
Team Liquid needs more Terrans.
Prev 1 155 156 157 158 159 653 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 26m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 53
NaDa 14
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm247
LuMiX0
Other Games
summit1g9362
JimRising 684
ViBE146
ArmadaUGS97
Mew2King94
Trikslyr29
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1265
BasetradeTV163
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream121
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 114
• davetesta55
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
8h 26m
INu's Battles
10h 26m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
13h 26m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
17h 26m
BSL Open Qualifier
17h 26m
Replay Cast
21h 26m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 8h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 9h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 14h
Replay Cast
1d 21h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.