• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:57
CEST 04:57
KST 11:57
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8419 users

Simple Questions Simple Answers - Page 156

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 154 155 156 157 158 653 Next
zezamer
Profile Joined March 2011
Finland5701 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-11 20:32:18
June 11 2012 20:31 GMT
#3101
On June 12 2012 03:46 JingleHell wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 12 2012 03:42 zezamer wrote:
What are normal Core/GPU temperatures.


This is not a simple question. It also depends on your hardware. Posting load temps for them, along with hardware, and asking if they're safe is fairly simple, though.


Sorry for kinda vague question

GPU : Nvidia geforce 9600GT, temp 50C
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 3700+

So I'm having little trouble figuring out which one is CPU.
I've these:

Ambient 42C
HD0 37C
Core 37C
Core 50C
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
June 11 2012 20:33 GMT
#3102
On June 12 2012 05:31 zezamer wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 12 2012 03:46 JingleHell wrote:
On June 12 2012 03:42 zezamer wrote:
What are normal Core/GPU temperatures.


This is not a simple question. It also depends on your hardware. Posting load temps for them, along with hardware, and asking if they're safe is fairly simple, though.


Sorry for kinda vague question

GPU : Nvidia geforce 9600GT, temp 50C
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 3700+, temp

So I'm having little trouble figuring out which one is CPU.
I've these:

Ambient 42C
HD0 37C
Core 37C
Core 50C


These are under load, yes? Your variance in core temps is vaguely disturbing. Can you post a screenshot of your hardware monitor window?

And tell us how you loaded?
TheToast
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4808 Posts
June 11 2012 20:42 GMT
#3103
On June 12 2012 05:33 JingleHell wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 12 2012 05:31 zezamer wrote:
On June 12 2012 03:46 JingleHell wrote:
On June 12 2012 03:42 zezamer wrote:
What are normal Core/GPU temperatures.


This is not a simple question. It also depends on your hardware. Posting load temps for them, along with hardware, and asking if they're safe is fairly simple, though.


Sorry for kinda vague question

GPU : Nvidia geforce 9600GT, temp 50C
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 3700+, temp

So I'm having little trouble figuring out which one is CPU.
I've these:

Ambient 42C
HD0 37C
Core 37C
Core 50C


These are under load, yes? Your variance in core temps is vaguely disturbing. Can you post a screenshot of your hardware monitor window?

And tell us how you loaded?


It could just be because of the location of temp diode(s) on the CPU. Could also be an extremely poor thermal compound application, or even a poorly designed heatsink if this is a pre-build desktop. If those are temps under full load (i.e. Prime95 test), I'd say it's probably not worth worrying about
I like the way the walls go out. Gives you an open feeling. Firefly's a good design. People don't appreciate the substance of things. Objects in space. People miss out on what's solid.
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
June 11 2012 20:45 GMT
#3104
On June 12 2012 05:42 TheToast wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 12 2012 05:33 JingleHell wrote:
On June 12 2012 05:31 zezamer wrote:
On June 12 2012 03:46 JingleHell wrote:
On June 12 2012 03:42 zezamer wrote:
What are normal Core/GPU temperatures.


This is not a simple question. It also depends on your hardware. Posting load temps for them, along with hardware, and asking if they're safe is fairly simple, though.


Sorry for kinda vague question

GPU : Nvidia geforce 9600GT, temp 50C
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 3700+, temp

So I'm having little trouble figuring out which one is CPU.
I've these:

Ambient 42C
HD0 37C
Core 37C
Core 50C


These are under load, yes? Your variance in core temps is vaguely disturbing. Can you post a screenshot of your hardware monitor window?

And tell us how you loaded?


It could just be because of the location of temp diode(s) on the CPU. Could also be an extremely poor thermal compound application, or even a poorly designed heatsink if this is a pre-build desktop. If those are temps under full load (i.e. Prime95 test), I'd say it's probably not worth worrying about


That's why I asked for the more info. I'm assuming it's old TIM, given the hardware, and just needs a re-paste. I'm also assuming that those temps aren't under more than a gaming load, which can be ok, as long as it's using the correct game out of the ones they play.
zezamer
Profile Joined March 2011
Finland5701 Posts
June 11 2012 21:12 GMT
#3105
Well before I wasn't running anything

Now I have some test running, prime95,torture test, blend and both cores settle to are around 49-51C.
It's fine right? And staying under 75C while testing is good?


Btw you guys are really nice, sorry that I'm such newbie


JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
June 11 2012 21:16 GMT
#3106
On June 12 2012 06:12 zezamer wrote:
Well before I wasn't running anything

Now I have some test running, prime95,torture test, blend and both cores settle to are around 49-51C.
It's fine right? And staying under 75C while testing is good?


Btw you guys are really nice, sorry that I'm such newbie




Since it's AMD, IIRC, you want to stick under ~60C. On GPU, you'll hear anywhere from 75-85C. Most people prefer ~75-80, some people are willing to go ~80-85.

In general, though, those temps are fine.
zezamer
Profile Joined March 2011
Finland5701 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-11 21:28:50
June 11 2012 21:28 GMT
#3107
Thanks
Sovano
Profile Joined November 2011
United States1503 Posts
June 11 2012 23:07 GMT
#3108
So I'm feeling silly right now. I have my SC2 folder in my external hard drive. Although when I attempt to play it on my sister's macbook pro, I'm unable to open the SC2.exe file because the default application is an extracting program called "the unarchiver". I don't use macs at all so I'm unaware, but are they not able to use .exe files or at least files that were for windows originally like where I got my SC2 folder from?
lost_artz
Profile Joined January 2012
United States366 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-11 23:51:19
June 11 2012 23:48 GMT
#3109
Not sure this entirely falls under the scope of this thread but I'm gonna ask anyway.

Does anyone know of a way to create a custom shortcut on the right side of the start-menu? Like in the area that has 'User', Pictures, Video, Documents. etc.
SwiftSC2
Profile Joined June 2012
United States19 Posts
June 11 2012 23:49 GMT
#3110
On June 12 2012 08:07 Sovano wrote:
So I'm feeling silly right now. I have my SC2 folder in my external hard drive. Although when I attempt to play it on my sister's macbook pro, I'm unable to open the SC2.exe file because the default application is an extracting program called "the unarchiver". I don't use macs at all so I'm unaware, but are they not able to use .exe files or at least files that were for windows originally like where I got my SC2 folder from?


There is a different client for MAC computers. You can download it off Battle.net
Sovano
Profile Joined November 2011
United States1503 Posts
June 11 2012 23:56 GMT
#3111
On June 12 2012 08:49 SwiftSC2 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 12 2012 08:07 Sovano wrote:
So I'm feeling silly right now. I have my SC2 folder in my external hard drive. Although when I attempt to play it on my sister's macbook pro, I'm unable to open the SC2.exe file because the default application is an extracting program called "the unarchiver". I don't use macs at all so I'm unaware, but are they not able to use .exe files or at least files that were for windows originally like where I got my SC2 folder from?


There is a different client for MAC computers. You can download it off Battle.net

Thanks. I'll download it now.
SwiftSC2
Profile Joined June 2012
United States19 Posts
June 11 2012 23:58 GMT
#3112
On June 12 2012 08:48 lost_artz wrote:
Not sure this entirely falls under the scope of this thread but I'm gonna ask anyway.

Does anyone know of a way to create a custom shortcut on the right side of the start-menu? Like in the area that has 'User', Pictures, Video, Documents. etc.


It's a bit advanced but this should work: http://stuff.seans.com/2009/01/25/hijacking-vista-special-folders-on-start-menu/
oscar62
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada417 Posts
June 12 2012 00:39 GMT
#3113
upgrading question!

my system is pretty old by today's standards, i get poor FPS or have to play on lowest settings for the following games: league of legends, diablo 3 and arma 2 (an uncompromising GPU hog)

can anyone point me in the direction of the type of upgrades i need? (going for reasonably priced here, as well)

my system:

core 2 duo 2.6ghz
4 gigs DDR2 ram
geforce 9800 GT
SwiftSC2
Profile Joined June 2012
United States19 Posts
June 12 2012 00:44 GMT
#3114
On June 12 2012 09:39 oscar62 wrote:
upgrading question!

my system is pretty old by today's standards, i get poor FPS or have to play on lowest settings for the following games: league of legends, diablo 3 and arma 2 (an uncompromising GPU hog)

can anyone point me in the direction of the type of upgrades i need? (going for reasonably priced here, as well)

my system:

core 2 duo 2.6ghz
4 gigs DDR2 ram
geforce 9800 GT



easiest upgrade is going to be a new vid card. You wont be able to do much with the cpu without also changing out the mobo, and 4g of ram should still be enough with an adequite gpu.
oscar62
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada417 Posts
June 12 2012 04:23 GMT
#3115
hmm i'm worried my mobo is so old it can't even support good graphics cards, i could be wrong i'll try to look it up.
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-12 12:47:37
June 12 2012 12:46 GMT
#3116
On June 12 2012 13:23 oscar62 wrote:
hmm i'm worried my mobo is so old it can't even support good graphics cards, i could be wrong i'll try to look it up.


You're using a 9800, it can handle modern cards. I wouldn't go too crazy on the GPU, personally, but a nice mid-range card would be a solid upgrade.
HotCookies
Profile Joined January 2011
Greece149 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-12 17:04:40
June 12 2012 17:04 GMT
#3117
Which ssd would you reccomend buying? I think i am gonna need an 120gb one or 240gb max. sata 3

i5 2500k
Gts 250 (gonna get gtx 560 ti soon)
Z68
4gb ddr3 1333mhz
Western digital caviar green 500gb
ticklishmusic
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States15977 Posts
June 12 2012 17:45 GMT
#3118
People always like to say they're low/mid/high masters. Far as points go, whats a rough approximation of exactly what each of these "subdivisions" are? I'm around 1200 points in my division and rank ~30 with no bonus pool. Since divisions vary quite a bit, I was wondering if I'm the standard or the exception.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
June 12 2012 17:51 GMT
#3119
On June 13 2012 02:45 ticklishmusic wrote:
People always like to say they're low/mid/high masters. Far as points go, whats a rough approximation of exactly what each of these "subdivisions" are? I'm around 1200 points in my division and rank ~30 with no bonus pool. Since divisions vary quite a bit, I was wondering if I'm the standard or the exception.


You're slightly lost.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=334561

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=332391

One of those should answer you.
Stiluz
Profile Joined October 2010
Norway688 Posts
June 12 2012 19:10 GMT
#3120
I feel so silly asking this: I have an Asus H77 Series motherboard and a ivy bridge i5 3550 CPU. My ram is 1600 mhz, but the motherboard defaults it to 1333. If I turn the speed to 1600 mhz, the CPU goes from like 3,3 ghz to 3,314 ghz. Is it supposed to do that? Am I fucking up? The MB manual says it's compatible with 1600 mhz ram.
Prev 1 154 155 156 157 158 653 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 3m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 200
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 564
NaDa 50
TT1 1
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm196
LuMiX0
Other Games
summit1g10181
JimRising 738
WinterStarcraft325
Mew2King93
ViBE93
ArmadaUGS44
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1354
BasetradeTV255
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream151
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 91
• davetesta42
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Rush613
• Lourlo425
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
7h 3m
INu's Battles
9h 3m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
12h 3m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
16h 3m
BSL Open Qualifier
16h 3m
Replay Cast
20h 3m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 7h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 8h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 13h
Replay Cast
1d 20h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.