• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:23
CEST 20:23
KST 03:23
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10673 users

Simple Questions Simple Answers - Page 154

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 152 153 154 155 156 653 Next
Grobyc
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Canada18410 Posts
June 06 2012 05:26 GMT
#3061
I would be buying most likely a 1920x1080 60Hz monitor in addition to my 1680x1050 Hz & 1920x1080 60Hz monitors, so you're saying I would be fine with a passive adapter most likely?

From what I've read after looking further, Myrmidon is right about having to use DisplayPort for one of the three monitors. I'm not sure if the other two have to be HDMI and DVI or if both DVI is fine, but I'd be using 1 HDMI and 1 DVI regardless, so that's of no concern.

I mostly just want a new monitor to replace my 5 year old one and figured I may as well use a 3 monitor setup, but if I was restricted to 2 that wouldn't be the end of the world.
If you watch Godzilla backwards it's about a benevolent lizard who helps rebuild a city and then moonwalks into the ocean.
Womwomwom
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
5930 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-06 07:14:52
June 06 2012 07:13 GMT
#3062
To run three displays, one must be DisplayPort or be running off an active DisplayPort adapter. The reason is that DVI/VGA/HDMI require specific clocks and and the GPU can only supply two at a time. Any combination is fine but you are limited to two. So you can have DVI + DVI, HDMI + HDMI, HDMI + DVI, etc. but you cannot have DVI + DVI + DVI.

DisplayPort is special child and does not have such restrictions so AMD (maybe nVidia too?) uses it as a workaround. A passive adapter will not work since the GPU will recognize it as any typical DVI or HDMI device and the GPU is limited to two, as previously mentioned.

Since the price of active adapters is expensive, you might as well find a monitor that comes with DisplayPort or stick with two screens.
Grobyc
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Canada18410 Posts
June 06 2012 09:40 GMT
#3063
Okay, thanks for clearing things up Womwomwom. I suppose I'll be looking for a DisplayPort monitor then.
If you watch Godzilla backwards it's about a benevolent lizard who helps rebuild a city and then moonwalks into the ocean.
niteReloaded
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Croatia5282 Posts
June 06 2012 18:11 GMT
#3064
I'm looking for a cheap GPU that does as good as possible: my current pick is GeForce GT 520 GDDR3 1GB/64bit.

Is there a better GPU for under $45?
Wabbit
Profile Joined August 2010
United States1028 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-06 18:28:50
June 06 2012 18:25 GMT
#3065
On June 07 2012 03:11 niteReloaded wrote:
I'm looking for a cheap GPU that does as good as possible: my current pick is GeForce GT 520 GDDR3 1GB/64bit.

Is there a better GPU for under $45?


By "does good" I assume you mean the best-performing GPU under $45, presumably for some gaming (what's your resolution anyway?)

Nividia usually doesn't offer as good value as AMD in the budget segment.

In order of increasing cost and performance:
- GT 520 (terrible)
- HD 6450
- GT 220 (DDR3) or HD 5550 (DDR2 model)
- GT 430 or GT 530
- HD 5550 or GT 440 (this is probably outside your price range) - DDR3 and GDDR5 models, respectively

I don't know what is available to you and what the prices are, so I'm giving generic advice.
The answers to most of your Tech Support questions are in the OP. That's why you're not getting a reply. It's been answered before. Read the OP.
andReslic
Profile Joined January 2012
216 Posts
June 06 2012 19:21 GMT
#3066
Hello guys, I have an earbuds for my cellphone, they have a mic too, but when I connect them to the PC, windows detect them as Speakers, wich is a problem, second, They sound horrible unless I press the Mic button, when I do that they start working good, anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks in advance.
niteReloaded
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Croatia5282 Posts
June 06 2012 21:59 GMT
#3067
On June 07 2012 03:25 Wabbit wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 07 2012 03:11 niteReloaded wrote:
I'm looking for a cheap GPU that does as good as possible: my current pick is GeForce GT 520 GDDR3 1GB/64bit.

Is there a better GPU for under $45?


By "does good" I assume you mean the best-performing GPU under $45, presumably for some gaming (what's your resolution anyway?)

Nividia usually doesn't offer as good value as AMD in the budget segment.

In order of increasing cost and performance:
- GT 520 (terrible)
- HD 6450
- GT 220 (DDR3) or HD 5550 (DDR2 model)
- GT 430 or GT 530
- HD 5550 or GT 440 (this is probably outside your price range) - DDR3 and GDDR5 models, respectively

I don't know what is available to you and what the prices are, so I'm giving generic advice.

Hey, thanks for help.
Yeah, I want to play SC2, and maybe some other games.

My resolution is 1920 x 1080.
Ok, the HD 6450 looks just about right, it's available and the price is good.
(GT 430 is the second choice - it's cheaper than GT 220 in my preferred store)

This is my motherboard: http://www.asrock.com/mb/overview.asp?model=alivenf6g-vsta
Processor is: Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4000+ 2,11 GHz
RAM = 4GB DDRII800

Based on this aditional info, are HD 6450 and GT430 still good to go?
TuckFexas
Profile Joined July 2011
United States154 Posts
June 07 2012 04:58 GMT
#3068
how do you know if a motherboard supports overclocking?
Texas is to f*cking hot.
Zushen
Profile Joined June 2011
275 Posts
June 07 2012 18:22 GMT
#3069
how do I optimize xsplit to use hyperthreading or assign to specific cores? if xsplit doesnt support it what programs can I stream with to utilize HT?
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
June 07 2012 18:26 GMT
#3070
On June 08 2012 03:22 Zushen wrote:
how do I optimize xsplit to use hyperthreading or assign to specific cores? if xsplit doesnt support it what programs can I stream with to utilize HT?


Open task manager, go to processes, right click the process, set affinity.

Hyperthreading will automatically be utilized as virtual cores.
SoulWager
Profile Joined August 2010
United States464 Posts
June 07 2012 18:28 GMT
#3071
On June 07 2012 13:58 TuckFexas wrote:
how do you know if a motherboard supports overclocking?

a motherboard you have, or one you're planning to buy?
if it's one you have, boot into the bios and look.
if it's one you're planning to buy(assuming intel here) P and Z chipsets support overclocking, the rest don't.
TuckFexas
Profile Joined July 2011
United States154 Posts
June 08 2012 02:56 GMT
#3072
On June 08 2012 03:28 SoulWager wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 07 2012 13:58 TuckFexas wrote:
how do you know if a motherboard supports overclocking?

a motherboard you have, or one you're planning to buy?
if it's one you have, boot into the bios and look.
if it's one you're planning to buy(assuming intel here) P and Z chipsets support overclocking, the rest don't.


Its one i'm planning to buy, thanks. So as an example an Intel H67 would not while an Intel Z77 would?
Texas is to f*cking hot.
Medrea
Profile Joined May 2011
10003 Posts
June 08 2012 03:27 GMT
#3073
Can anyone who is super knowledgable about streaming PM me?

I am having irritating problems with streaming with Xsplit.

Whenever I stream everything gets super stuttery.

This is with i5-2500k. 10 up and down internet.

Even if I try to stream at lowest settings nothing works. The only thing that works is if I turn the framerate way down in xsplit. It gets pretty good at 2 FPS but who would want to watch a 2 FPS stream? I have tried forum assistance maybe a half dozen times before and they have never panned out so I am hoping a personal touch will work.
twitch.tv/medrea
HazMat
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States17077 Posts
June 08 2012 03:41 GMT
#3074
A computer I'm building starts to turn on but the light stays amber instead of going white and going into bios. The monitor doesn't get a connection. Is this a CPU problem? I just bought a new mobo..
www.youtube.com/user/ShakeDrizzle | League and SSBM content creator | Armada's Youtube Editor
SoulWager
Profile Joined August 2010
United States464 Posts
June 08 2012 04:46 GMT
#3075
On June 08 2012 11:56 TuckFexas wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 08 2012 03:28 SoulWager wrote:
On June 07 2012 13:58 TuckFexas wrote:
how do you know if a motherboard supports overclocking?

a motherboard you have, or one you're planning to buy?
if it's one you have, boot into the bios and look.
if it's one you're planning to buy(assuming intel here) P and Z chipsets support overclocking, the rest don't.


Its one i'm planning to buy, thanks. So as an example an Intel H67 would not while an Intel Z77 would?

correct.
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
June 08 2012 04:54 GMT
#3076
On June 08 2012 12:27 Medrea wrote:
Can anyone who is super knowledgable about streaming PM me?

I am having irritating problems with streaming with Xsplit.

Whenever I stream everything gets super stuttery.

This is with i5-2500k. 10 up and down internet.

Even if I try to stream at lowest settings nothing works. The only thing that works is if I turn the framerate way down in xsplit. It gets pretty good at 2 FPS but who would want to watch a 2 FPS stream? I have tried forum assistance maybe a half dozen times before and they have never panned out so I am hoping a personal touch will work.


Try swapping to windowed fullscreen in your game.
Medrea
Profile Joined May 2011
10003 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-08 07:07:48
June 08 2012 06:06 GMT
#3077
On June 08 2012 13:54 JingleHell wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 08 2012 12:27 Medrea wrote:
Can anyone who is super knowledgable about streaming PM me?

I am having irritating problems with streaming with Xsplit.

Whenever I stream everything gets super stuttery.

This is with i5-2500k. 10 up and down internet.

Even if I try to stream at lowest settings nothing works. The only thing that works is if I turn the framerate way down in xsplit. It gets pretty good at 2 FPS but who would want to watch a 2 FPS stream? I have tried forum assistance maybe a half dozen times before and they have never panned out so I am hoping a personal touch will work.


Try swapping to windowed fullscreen in your game.


Nope.

I also have 5830. I think its the bottleneck.

This is a problem even before I start streaming, this is JUST the preview screen.

EDIT: This happens regardless of in game settings. The only thing that affects the stuttering is framerate of the stream (gets pretty good at about 2 FPS) and my own resolution (800X600 runs pretty good).
twitch.tv/medrea
Chaggi
Profile Joined August 2010
Korea (South)1936 Posts
June 08 2012 08:57 GMT
#3078
has anyone ever lagged while playing another region's SC2 client?

I'm in Korea now and everytime I play SC2 in NA, my FPS drops to like 10-15 in big moments while in Korea, I'm fine at like 200~
Vorenius
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Denmark1979 Posts
June 08 2012 09:12 GMT
#3079
Hey everyone

I'm currently attemting to build a mobile stereo and have bought two amps based on the TA2020 chip (Muse's M21 EX2 and Lepai's LP-2020A+). I can't get any sound out of them though.

I know the speakers work, since I've tried several different speakers and they all work with other amps.
I know the input source (mp3player with minijack>rca cable) works and it plays on other systems.
I've tried three different TA2020 amps now and it's the same problem with each one.

This sort of only leaves the power supply. I'm currently testing them with a 12V 1200mA PSU that I had laying around since I haven't picked up the car battery I'll eventually be using. I know 1200mA is probably too little to power the amp at max power but I would have though I'd at least get something out of it? Am I missing sonething completely here? The LED on the amps light up correctly so they aren't burned out or anything, they just aren't playing. Would simply getting a 12v battery instead solve it?

Any help would be appreciated.
jjhchsc2
Profile Joined December 2010
Korea (South)2393 Posts
June 08 2012 09:45 GMT
#3080
Hello!
I keep having this problem on my internet explorer where some words are underlined and reveal this ''text enhancer'' ad which is really annoying...
I searched and only found that i have to go to tools--> manage add ons and disable the addon but i cant find the text enhancer add on or the other names it has like ''better links'' /w.e

anyone know how to fix this?
Lee Ssang/ Lee Shin/ Kim Jung Woo/ Kim Min Chul/Jun Tae Yang/Park Soo Ho/Lee Jung Hoon/Choi Sung Hoon/ Moon Sung Won/Park Ji Soo/ Lee Ho Joon/ Jang Min Chul/ Kim Seung Chul/SaSe/IdrA/Ret Fighting! BW4Life
Prev 1 152 153 154 155 156 653 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
00:00
#14
Clem vs Harstem
Harstem490
IndyStarCraft 238
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Harstem 490
IndyStarCraft 238
Railgan 78
BRAT_OK 63
JuggernautJason62
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15106
BeSt 382
Mini 200
Soma 189
Dewaltoss 142
Mind 94
hero 65
Zeus 43
Hyun 41
ToSsGirL 25
[ Show more ]
Bale 23
NaDa 20
Rock 19
PianO 18
Sacsri 4
Dota 2
Gorgc4867
qojqva2703
420jenkins545
Counter-Strike
fl0m3476
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4967
Khaldor1275
Liquid`Hasu1059
MindelVK8
Other Games
FrodaN1735
B2W.Neo801
byalli434
Hui .265
QueenE74
Mew2King50
summit1g0
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1158
BasetradeTV190
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream52
StarCraft 2
angryscii 19
[ Show 20 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 36
• Reevou 11
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 45
• blackmanpl 19
• 80smullet 5
• FirePhoenix4
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 4211
League of Legends
• Nemesis1923
Other Games
• imaqtpie764
• Shiphtur291
• WagamamaTV234
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
37m
BSL Open Qualifier
37m
Replay Cast
4h 37m
Afreeca Starleague
15h 37m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
16h 37m
Monday Night Weeklies
21h 37m
Replay Cast
1d 4h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 15h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 16h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.