• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:00
CEST 15:00
KST 22:00
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup6StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9250 users

Simple Questions Simple Answers - Page 152

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 150 151 152 153 154 653 Next
Jakatak_
Profile Joined October 2010
United States117 Posts
June 03 2012 20:12 GMT
#3021
I just bought a USB Logitech Microphone: http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-981-000246-USB-Desktop-Microphone/dp/B002RL84OY

I've been trying to stream with it, but nobody can hear me talking. I went to control panel and tried making it work with my computer and i see the bar saying it hears me speak, but when i try to talk on my stream using xsplit no one hears me. The bar was barely reaching the green bar when i was talking, but even if i talk louder nothing happens. Does anybody know what i might be doing wrong?
I am not the hotkey/reddit/help noobs jakatak.
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
June 03 2012 20:16 GMT
#3022
On June 04 2012 05:12 Jakatak_ wrote:
I just bought a USB Logitech Microphone: http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-981-000246-USB-Desktop-Microphone/dp/B002RL84OY

I've been trying to stream with it, but nobody can hear me talking. I went to control panel and tried making it work with my computer and i see the bar saying it hears me speak, but when i try to talk on my stream using xsplit no one hears me. The bar was barely reaching the green bar when i was talking, but even if i talk louder nothing happens. Does anybody know what i might be doing wrong?


A USB mic will have it's own separate drivers, so it probably isn't interacting with your stereo mix. You could try something like VAC.
Jakatak_
Profile Joined October 2010
United States117 Posts
June 03 2012 20:44 GMT
#3023
On June 04 2012 05:16 JingleHell wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 04 2012 05:12 Jakatak_ wrote:
I just bought a USB Logitech Microphone: http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-981-000246-USB-Desktop-Microphone/dp/B002RL84OY

I've been trying to stream with it, but nobody can hear me talking. I went to control panel and tried making it work with my computer and i see the bar saying it hears me speak, but when i try to talk on my stream using xsplit no one hears me. The bar was barely reaching the green bar when i was talking, but even if i talk louder nothing happens. Does anybody know what i might be doing wrong?


A USB mic will have it's own separate drivers, so it probably isn't interacting with your stereo mix. You could try something like VAC.


I figured it out, it was a really simple problem. All i had to go was hardware and sound in control panel, open up my speakers i was using by right clicking them and selecting properties and then look at the microphone setting and it was on 0. I didn't realize that was there.
I am not the hotkey/reddit/help noobs jakatak.
SunTurtle
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
156 Posts
June 04 2012 21:15 GMT
#3024
Why does SC2 look better on this video than when I play it?

It seems to run smoother, and just look crisper :O

tl;dr What can I do to make my SC2 look better/run smoother?
TheToast
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4808 Posts
June 04 2012 21:19 GMT
#3025
On June 05 2012 06:15 SunTurtle wrote:
Why does SC2 look better on this video than when I play it?

It seems to run smoother, and just look crisper :O

tl;dr What can I do to make my SC2 look better/run smoother?


Turn up the graphics settings/get a better PC ??
I like the way the walls go out. Gives you an open feeling. Firefly's a good design. People don't appreciate the substance of things. Objects in space. People miss out on what's solid.
SunTurtle
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
156 Posts
June 04 2012 21:23 GMT
#3026
On June 05 2012 06:19 TheToast wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 05 2012 06:15 SunTurtle wrote:
Why does SC2 look better on this video than when I play it?

It seems to run smoother, and just look crisper :O

tl;dr What can I do to make my SC2 look better/run smoother?


Turn up the graphics settings/get a better PC ??


I have a PC that is fine, it can run at pretty much max, but I want it to look like that at low.

Eh, it doesn't matter too much. It'd be nice though :D
TheToast
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4808 Posts
June 04 2012 21:27 GMT
#3027
On June 05 2012 06:23 SunTurtle wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 05 2012 06:19 TheToast wrote:
On June 05 2012 06:15 SunTurtle wrote:
Why does SC2 look better on this video than when I play it?

It seems to run smoother, and just look crisper :O

tl;dr What can I do to make my SC2 look better/run smoother?


Turn up the graphics settings/get a better PC ??


I have a PC that is fine, it can run at pretty much max, but I want it to look like that at low.

Eh, it doesn't matter too much. It'd be nice though :D


He's not running it with everything on low. Looks like he might have the lighting and shader settings on low and the textures like medium? But if you can run it on max just fine, I don't understand why you'd turn the settings down...
I like the way the walls go out. Gives you an open feeling. Firefly's a good design. People don't appreciate the substance of things. Objects in space. People miss out on what's solid.
SunTurtle
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
156 Posts
June 04 2012 21:37 GMT
#3028
On June 05 2012 06:27 TheToast wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 05 2012 06:23 SunTurtle wrote:
On June 05 2012 06:19 TheToast wrote:
On June 05 2012 06:15 SunTurtle wrote:
Why does SC2 look better on this video than when I play it?

It seems to run smoother, and just look crisper :O

tl;dr What can I do to make my SC2 look better/run smoother?


Turn up the graphics settings/get a better PC ??


I have a PC that is fine, it can run at pretty much max, but I want it to look like that at low.

Eh, it doesn't matter too much. It'd be nice though :D


He's not running it with everything on low. Looks like he might have the lighting and shader settings on low and the textures like medium? But if you can run it on max just fine, I don't understand why you'd turn the settings down...


Prefer it that way. Thanks for your help, I'll try that out later this week :D
domane
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
Canada1606 Posts
June 05 2012 00:36 GMT
#3029
Pre-built desktop: http://www.acer.ca/ac/en/CA/content/model/PT.SJ0P2.001

AMD A8-3800 Quad-Core APU 2.4GHz (2.7GHz on turbo)
A75 Chipset Motherboard
2 x 4GB DDR3 1333 MHz memory
1.5 TB 5400 RPM SATA hard drive
HD 6550D integrated graphics
DVD-Writer
Keyboard
Mouse
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
300W power supply

Is $430 ($490 after tax) a good price for its value?
Typhoon1789
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Australia292 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-05 01:43:06
June 05 2012 01:42 GMT
#3030
On June 05 2012 09:36 domane wrote:
Pre-built desktop: http://www.acer.ca/ac/en/CA/content/model/PT.SJ0P2.001

AMD A8-3800 Quad-Core APU 2.4GHz (2.7GHz on turbo)
A75 Chipset Motherboard
2 x 4GB DDR3 1333 MHz memory
1.5 TB 5400 RPM SATA hard drive
HD 6550D integrated graphics
DVD-Writer
Keyboard
Mouse
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
300W power supply

Is $430 ($490 after tax) a good price for its value?


Its ok if you don't want to play games

Also for this one, im not sure i could build it cheaper since it comes with Win7...... :/

But as usual i am gonna recomend building your own PC for 800 - 900$. Its not hard to build a PC (Very hard to screw up unless you have a mental disability) plus you get way more bang for your back going that route.
Professional Cunt.
TheToast
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4808 Posts
June 05 2012 01:54 GMT
#3031
On June 05 2012 09:36 domane wrote:
Pre-built desktop: http://www.acer.ca/ac/en/CA/content/model/PT.SJ0P2.001

AMD A8-3800 Quad-Core APU 2.4GHz (2.7GHz on turbo)
A75 Chipset Motherboard
2 x 4GB DDR3 1333 MHz memory
1.5 TB 5400 RPM SATA hard drive
HD 6550D integrated graphics
DVD-Writer
Keyboard
Mouse
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
300W power supply

Is $430 ($490 after tax) a good price for its value?


Not at all. I've seen some benchmarks on Tom's Hardware and elsewhere that actually show AMD's Fusion APU is out-performed by Intel's HD graphics.

Basically it's totaly shit that won't play any games from the past 5 years decently. Even the HDD is slow.
I like the way the walls go out. Gives you an open feeling. Firefly's a good design. People don't appreciate the substance of things. Objects in space. People miss out on what's solid.
Womwomwom
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
5930 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-05 02:25:45
June 05 2012 02:22 GMT
#3032
Tom's Hardware is trash. What reviews were you reading? Some, like Guru3D, review it like its a typical processor. They actually paired a GTX580 with the processor to test gaming performance. That, obviously, is missing the point.

On low settings, in games that aren't CPU bound, it runs circles around the HD3000. Especially when paired with very fast memory. It is not good but on fairly low resolutions, it can play games like Far Cry 2 and Crysis Warhead adequately, which is something the HD3000 can't claim. The HD3000 is decent but its still basically half the performance of the HD6550D.

I would never buy Llano except for perhaps a HTPC but it does work as advertised.
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-05 02:29:55
June 05 2012 02:28 GMT
#3033
On June 05 2012 11:22 Womwomwom wrote:
Tom's Hardware is trash. What reviews were you reading? Some, like Guru3D, review it like its a typical processor. They actually paired a GTX580 with the processor to test gaming performance. That, obviously, is missing the point.

On low settings, in games that aren't CPU bound, it runs circles around the HD3000. Especially when paired with very fast memory. It is not good but on fairly low resolutions, it can play games like Far Cry 2 and Crysis Warhead adequately, which is something the HD3000 can't claim. The HD3000 is decent but its still basically half the performance of the HD6550D.

I would never buy Llano except for perhaps a HTPC but it does work as advertised.


Meh, super cheap "barely ever need it" type laptop with an ability to get a not-at-home gaming fix, maybe. You know, low end travelling for people who don't need to do anything serious on the go but wouldn't mind being able to squeeze in a couple hours of some game to kill time in a hotel or at an airport.

Desktop Llano, on the other hand, concur.
TheToast
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4808 Posts
June 05 2012 03:05 GMT
#3034
On June 05 2012 11:22 Womwomwom wrote:
Tom's Hardware is trash. What reviews were you reading? Some, like Guru3D, review it like its a typical processor. They actually paired a GTX580 with the processor to test gaming performance. That, obviously, is missing the point.

On low settings, in games that aren't CPU bound, it runs circles around the HD3000. Especially when paired with very fast memory. It is not good but on fairly low resolutions, it can play games like Far Cry 2 and Crysis Warhead adequately, which is something the HD3000 can't claim. The HD3000 is decent but its still basically half the performance of the HD6550D.

I would never buy Llano except for perhaps a HTPC but it does work as advertised.


I agree their trash, but they have lots of benchmarks which are usually pretty good, and for the most part benchmarks all I care about most of the time.

Sorry, the bechmarks I was looking at were for one of the lower llanos, A6 or something, the A8 does seem to outperform the Intel graphics. But HD Graphics 3000 performs surprisingly well paired with the i5. With the integrated 6620G on the A8-3500 were talking a difference of literally less than 10 FPS in SC2: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/a8-3500m-llano-apu,2959-10.html Same thing with Crysis 2, less than 10FPS: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/a8-3500m-llano-apu,2959-9.html

You're way way way better off getting an i5 and using it with the integrated graphics and throwing a video card in the thing later when you have more cash instead of buying the AMD Fusion shit.
I like the way the walls go out. Gives you an open feeling. Firefly's a good design. People don't appreciate the substance of things. Objects in space. People miss out on what's solid.
Ev0lution
Profile Joined October 2011
United States16 Posts
June 05 2012 04:20 GMT
#3035
SIMPLE QUESTION - At the moment I play SC2 on a laptop with an old optical Dell mouse (m-uvdel1) while sitting on the couch using blankets for a mousepad. Pretty causual I know, but recently I've been really trying to improve my game. I have a friend that has told me that he thinks a mechanical keyboard and a high precision gaming mouse would really help me. I just wanted your opinion about realistically how much can I expect my play to improve with the purchase of a mechanical keyboard and high precision gaming mouse and mouse pad, if any at all?
TheToast
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4808 Posts
June 05 2012 04:26 GMT
#3036
On June 05 2012 13:20 Ev0lution wrote:
SIMPLE QUESTION - At the moment I play SC2 on a laptop with an old optical Dell mouse (m-uvdel1) while sitting on the couch using blankets for a mousepad. Pretty causual I know, but recently I've been really trying to improve my game. I have a friend that has told me that he thinks a mechanical keyboard and a high precision gaming mouse would really help me. I just wanted your opinion about realistically how much can I expect my play to improve with the purchase of a mechanical keyboard and high precision gaming mouse and mouse pad, if any at all?


None at all unless you get yourself a desk and play the game properly. Any mouse is going to have terrible tracking on a blanket and playing on the couch is probably not great for your back. While a nice keyboard and mouse can make an okay gaming experience great, it's not going to make up for slouching on the couch.
I like the way the walls go out. Gives you an open feeling. Firefly's a good design. People don't appreciate the substance of things. Objects in space. People miss out on what's solid.
Sovano
Profile Joined November 2011
United States1503 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-05 04:31:45
June 05 2012 04:30 GMT
#3037
What is the normal RPM and temperatures for a CPU and GPU on an idle computer? Right now I'm worried because I can hear my fan, it is a bit loud and is concerning me. This is what Speedfan is telling me. Is this normal?
[image loading]
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-05 04:40:02
June 05 2012 04:38 GMT
#3038
Speedfan is kinda useless, especially if you don't have a mobo with tons of extra sensors on it. Idle temps are... kinda irrelevant, unless they're through the roof. Use hardware monitor and get load temps on your CPU and GPU instead.

Those temps aren't screaming "don't put under load".

You can try cleaning out your heatsinks, fan filters if you have them, and case in general to improve airflow, or install an aftermarket CPU cooler and mess with idle fan speed on your GPU to see if you can get it a little quieter, but usually you need a case that's built for quiet computing if you want it to shut up.
domane
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
Canada1606 Posts
June 05 2012 05:28 GMT
#3039
@Toast, Typhoon, womwom, & Jingle: Thanks. I had zoned in on that model but now I revisit all my options.

Are proprietary hardware still prevalent with major-brand pre-built computers (inability to upgrade the motherboard)?
Ev0lution
Profile Joined October 2011
United States16 Posts
June 05 2012 05:45 GMT
#3040
On June 05 2012 13:26 TheToast wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 05 2012 13:20 Ev0lution wrote:
SIMPLE QUESTION - At the moment I play SC2 on a laptop with an old optical Dell mouse (m-uvdel1) while sitting on the couch using blankets for a mousepad. Pretty causual I know, but recently I've been really trying to improve my game. I have a friend that has told me that he thinks a mechanical keyboard and a high precision gaming mouse would really help me. I just wanted your opinion about realistically how much can I expect my play to improve with the purchase of a mechanical keyboard and high precision gaming mouse and mouse pad, if any at all?


None at all unless you get yourself a desk and play the game properly. Any mouse is going to have terrible tracking on a blanket and playing on the couch is probably not great for your back. While a nice keyboard and mouse can make an okay gaming experience great, it's not going to make up for slouching on the couch.



But it's so comfee! Plus when I play on the couch it feels more like I'm spending time with my wife while she watches TV or browses the internet on her laptop. Feels like we are spending time together instead of being in seperate rooms and her complaining that I play too many games ect... But you are probably right about the back and in a perfect world I would have a desk with a sweet desktop rig and all that but right now I'm rocking this laptop.
Prev 1 150 151 152 153 154 653 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
herO vs Rogue
Classic vs TBD
IntoTheiNu 1061
LiquipediaDiscussion
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #149 (SHIN Mod Edition)
ByuN vs KrystianerLIVE!
CranKy Ducklings225
CranKy Ducklings SOOP20
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech125
CosmosSc2 7
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 46601
Shuttle 11804
FanTaSy 1535
Hyuk 929
BeSt 474
Horang2 459
EffOrt 232
Stork 222
Last 170
Zeus 149
[ Show more ]
Soma 121
Pusan 119
Mind 94
hero 76
Killer 73
ggaemo 68
Hyun 68
sorry 56
Snow 53
Hm[arnc] 47
PianO 40
ToSsGirL 34
Bale 28
Aegong 27
zelot 19
JYJ 17
NaDa 15
Sexy 12
Sacsri 11
ajuk12(nOOB) 9
Noble 8
Icarus 1
Dota 2
qojqva1281
Dendi1136
XcaliburYe322
Gorgc0
Counter-Strike
fl0m2887
x6flipin748
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu546
Khaldor113
Other Games
gofns37234
B2W.Neo1146
byalli822
Beastyqt283
Hui .163
Livibee160
ArmadaUGS112
Mew2King58
Mlord17
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick687
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream76
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 15
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix11
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis1896
Upcoming Events
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
2h
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
6h
BSL Open Qualifier
6h
Replay Cast
10h
Afreeca Starleague
21h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
22h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 3h
Replay Cast
1d 10h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 21h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 22h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Disclosure: This page contains affiliate marketing links that support TLnet.

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.