• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:38
CEST 10:38
KST 17:38
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War435.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror TL Sidebar missing streams Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9921 users

Simple Questions Simple Answers - Page 109

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 107 108 109 110 111 653 Next
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
April 20 2012 18:58 GMT
#2161
On April 21 2012 03:55 alQahira wrote:
So I have a new MSI 560 ti twin frozr II, that very rarely has artifacts during regular use of windows, usually while playing a stream or video. The artifacts usually flash on for a sec, and then go away. There have been 2 occasions where during windows it said the display driver crashed and had to be restarted. However, there has not been a single problem with games (SC2, dragon age 2).

Load temp peaks at around 60 - 65, so I don't think it's a heat issue. Is it worth RMAing it? It was a new system when I installed the latest drivers, so I don't think there are any old driver files screwing things up. Any other suggestions?

It is really not a problem right now, I'm just concerned that it means there will be worse problems down the road.


Try disabling aero, try reseating, and turn off hardware acceleration for flash.
EdenPLusDucky
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
571 Posts
April 20 2012 18:59 GMT
#2162
On April 21 2012 03:55 alQahira wrote:
So I have a new MSI 560 ti twin frozr II, that very rarely has artifacts during regular use of windows, usually while playing a stream or video. The artifacts usually flash on for a sec, and then go away. There have been 2 occasions where during windows it said the display driver crashed and had to be restarted. However, there has not been a single problem with games (SC2, dragon age 2).

Load temp peaks at around 60 - 65, so I don't think it's a heat issue. Is it worth RMAing it? It was a new system when I installed the latest drivers, so I don't think there are any old driver files screwing things up. Any other suggestions?

It is really not a problem right now, I'm just concerned that it means there will be worse problems down the road.


Have you downloaded the latest drivers from nvidia?(296.10) They include performance tweaks for 560 and 570, should fix that driver crashing problem that you have.
Womb
Profile Joined May 2011
68 Posts
April 20 2012 19:59 GMT
#2163
I'm going to install the new driver for my amd/ati videocard. Do I use the uninstaller of the new one to uninstall the old one first? Or how should I uninstall the old driver? I used to use driver sweeper, but it's discontinued now. Thanks. I wish it was like nvidia, automatically does it when you install new one -_-.
EdenPLusDucky
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
571 Posts
April 20 2012 20:39 GMT
#2164
You can still use driver sweeper.
TheToast
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4808 Posts
April 20 2012 23:32 GMT
#2165
On April 13 2012 03:12 TheToast wrote:
Since my Seagate external drive fell apart (literally, the USB port fell out) I've got a nice Seagate 1TB drive sitting on my desk that I can't use. I'm on a laptop, and despite having two old desktops in the closet, I have no monitor to hook them up to (fml). Soooo I'm looking at getting a nice enclosure so I can access my files again. Anyone have any experience with harddrive enclosures?

I'd like to get one with an eSATA so I can actually use that damn port on my laptop, and I'm really really looking for something with decent build quality as I tend to take it with me a lot.

Thermaltake has one for $31 that I was looking at http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817153123
And Rosewill has one for $30 as well http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817173042

Both are SATA II which is also something I want as the drive in question is a Barracuda 7200.12 (which incidentally I was really surprised to find inside of that cheap crappy plastic case) I'm leaning towards the Thermaltake one as it's more compact and has a passive cooling system (seriously is an 80mm fan really necessary for an external HDD?)

Anyway anyone have any thoughts?


Just an update:

If anyone's curious I ordered the Thermaltake Silver River II and it just arrived in the mail today. It's actually pretty nice, the outside case is full aluminum, seems to be a decent passive cooling solution like they advertise. It's got a power on/off switch (seriously, if you don't own an external you have no idea how nice that is) and USB/eSata appears to work as advertised.

My only real complaint is that the internal chassis, or whatever you want to call the part that holds the harddrive, is made out of pretty cheap flexible plastic. Took a minute of careful pressure to get the HDD situated right and the holes lined up. So, not at all a good solution if you plan to be switching out HDDs regularly as it would probably break. But if not, this is probably a good way to go.

As a aside, it comes with a little screw driver which I discovered is magnetic, lol not the world's greatest idea Thermaltake. But I guess I'll take it.
I like the way the walls go out. Gives you an open feeling. Firefly's a good design. People don't appreciate the substance of things. Objects in space. People miss out on what's solid.
CommanchyWattkins
Profile Joined November 2011
Canada117 Posts
April 21 2012 02:12 GMT
#2166
Razer blackwidow question :D

What is the difference between the blackwidow and the ultimate stealth blackwidow?
Am I just paying 50$ for glowup keys? Razer claims that it can do ghosting but for a normal day to day keyboard (more paper writing than sc2) is this feature useful at all?

ty :D
Womb
Profile Joined May 2011
68 Posts
April 21 2012 04:45 GMT
#2167
I don't want to use driver sweeper though. It's not kept up to date. Is there a better/alternate way?
TheToast
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4808 Posts
April 21 2012 05:48 GMT
#2168
On April 21 2012 13:45 Womb wrote:
I don't want to use driver sweeper though. It's not kept up to date. Is there a better/alternate way?


Huh? Just run the installer for the new driver, it should automatically update all driver files.

You only need to worry about uninstalling an older driver version first if you are having issues or if there is specific instructions from the device manufacturer to do so.
I like the way the walls go out. Gives you an open feeling. Firefly's a good design. People don't appreciate the substance of things. Objects in space. People miss out on what's solid.
Pwnographics
Profile Joined January 2011
New Zealand1097 Posts
April 21 2012 06:59 GMT
#2169
On April 21 2012 11:12 CommanchyWattkins wrote:
Razer blackwidow question :D

What is the difference between the blackwidow and the ultimate stealth blackwidow?
Am I just paying 50$ for glowup keys? Razer claims that it can do ghosting but for a normal day to day keyboard (more paper writing than sc2) is this feature useful at all?

ty :D


Ghosting isn't that useful on a normal day to day basis, the glowing keys are nice during the night if you want to turn down the ambient lighting a bit. My friend got the ultimate because he likes to game at night in near darkness/lowered brightness on screen as well to save him getting headaches.

For people who don't really care - just get the normal one or stealth one if sound is an issue.
pogy
Profile Joined February 2012
Croatia13 Posts
April 21 2012 08:34 GMT
#2170
Can someone recommend a good thermal paste? I have a i5 2500k and a hyper 212 evo. At home I have a arctic cooling mx-2. Should i just use that one or buy something new?
Thanks in advance!
skyR
Profile Joined July 2009
Canada13817 Posts
April 21 2012 08:37 GMT
#2171
Just use MX2 or the one that comes with the EVO.
pogy
Profile Joined February 2012
Croatia13 Posts
April 21 2012 08:44 GMT
#2172
Thank you skyR!
blacklist_member
Profile Joined January 2011
Australia318 Posts
April 21 2012 13:37 GMT
#2173
I keep getting disconnected from the interet every time i start a game, usually after around 30 secs to 5 mins in I get the Connecting to server error with the surrender button.

But its not only the game that disconnects, the whole computer loses internet connectivity (I get the exclamation point meaning connected to network but no internet access). But after like 5 secs after pressing surrender/losing the game i get the connectivity back. (I don't close the game but just the match i was playing).

Any I dea why this is happening?

At first i assumed it was a problem with my internet, but after it happened four times in a row I'm pretty sure sc2 has something to do with it.
MC and MKP fighting ^^
alQahira
Profile Joined June 2011
United States511 Posts
April 21 2012 14:08 GMT
#2174
Update on random artifacts: I disabled flash hardware acceleration and so far no repeats, but it was pretty infrequent to begin with, so we'll see. Thanks!
Makaveli1
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States118 Posts
April 21 2012 21:38 GMT
#2175
Exactly how much better is the i7 2600k over the i5 2500k for streaming, is it worth the extra $100?
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
April 21 2012 21:41 GMT
#2176
On April 22 2012 06:38 Makaveli1 wrote:
Exactly how much better is the i7 2600k over the i5 2500k for streaming, is it worth the extra $100?


Well, when you figure that they're both better clock for clock than Bloomfield, and Bloomfield at 3.8Ghz can put out a pretty sexy 720p stream, and 2500k and 2600k can both OC to 4.3-4.5 quite easily...

The Hyperthreading is only a marginal benefit to streaming, so yeah. Probably not worth it for most people.
Avean
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Norway449 Posts
April 21 2012 23:28 GMT
#2177
Ive been streaming for a long time, but what do you guys think is the maximum bitrate you can stream at without loosing viewers ? I am on a 25/25 mbit connection but i usually only do 1500 max bitrate to ensure most viewers. But could i do 3000 without any problem you guys think ? People should have atleast 3 Mbit nowadays ?
Teliko
Profile Joined January 2011
Ireland1044 Posts
April 22 2012 06:22 GMT
#2178
On April 22 2012 08:28 Avean wrote:
Ive been streaming for a long time, but what do you guys think is the maximum bitrate you can stream at without loosing viewers ? I am on a 25/25 mbit connection but i usually only do 1500 max bitrate to ensure most viewers. But could i do 3000 without any problem you guys think ? People should have atleast 3 Mbit nowadays ?

I have 7mb upload and stream at 2.1k bitrate, no issues. Not sure if 3k is even noticeably different, 2kish should be fine.

As for my question... I recently created a QuakeNet IRC channel for my stream and am organising moderators for it. If I give someone op (i.e. "/msg Q CHANLEV #Channel Nick +o" or "/msg Q OP #Channel Nick") it seems to give them the ability to kick and ban me. What command would I use to give them the ability to kick/ban normal users, but not me?

If I try to use just "/msg Q CHANLEV #Channel Nick +m" it tells me they have to be an op first.
Add a drop of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange and pretend you're laughing at it.
Mordanis
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States893 Posts
April 22 2012 06:31 GMT
#2179
Just out of curiosity, why does it take so damn long to burn a data dvd? It's been taking me about 30 minutes per dvd (for backup to reinstall windows, so its in Linux), but only about 5 of that is the actual burning, the rest is stuff about "checksum"s and the "image".
I love the smell of napalm in the morning... it smells like... victory. -_^ Favorite SC2 match ->Liquid`HerO vs. SlayerS CranK g.1 @MLG Summer Championship
TheToast
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4808 Posts
April 22 2012 07:01 GMT
#2180
On April 22 2012 15:31 Mordanis wrote:
Just out of curiosity, why does it take so damn long to burn a data dvd? It's been taking me about 30 minutes per dvd (for backup to reinstall windows, so its in Linux), but only about 5 of that is the actual burning, the rest is stuff about "checksum"s and the "image".


My guess is that you have data verification enabled in whatever software you are using. Basically it causes the software to go back and re-read all the data on the disc to check that it's been burned properly.
I like the way the walls go out. Gives you an open feeling. Firefly's a good design. People don't appreciate the substance of things. Objects in space. People miss out on what's solid.
Prev 1 107 108 109 110 111 653 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 22m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Free 976
Soulkey 331
Soma 220
Larva 152
Mind 68
ZerO 47
soO 29
ajuk12(nOOB) 21
scan(afreeca) 14
zelot 6
League of Legends
JimRising 579
Counter-Strike
edward399
Other Games
summit1g8298
singsing1222
Coldzera 682
WinterStarcraft630
Sick213
ZerO(Twitch)12
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick743
BasetradeTV234
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 17
• LUISG 6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2228
League of Legends
• Jankos1576
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
1h 22m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
3h 22m
AI Arena Tournament
8h 22m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
10h 22m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 1h
Patches Events
1d 6h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 10h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 10h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.