• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:44
CEST 05:44
KST 12:44
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War585.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8213 users

Simple Questions Simple Answers - Page 108

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 106 107 108 109 110 653 Next
Illest.
Profile Joined April 2011
Canada133 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-19 19:49:53
April 19 2012 19:47 GMT
#2141
the only control of fan speeds I have right now is a knob at the top of the desktop that controls 3 200x30mm fans.

EDIT: I plan on getting that Arctic Cooling Freezer 13 Pro
I ♥ KPop.
Wild Weasel
Profile Joined January 2012
United States52 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-19 20:11:47
April 19 2012 20:11 GMT
#2142
I have a question about graphics cards. I have a HIS 6870, at stock clocks, that gives me artifacts. I'm getting little snowflakes on browsers, skyrim, and desktop, and weird polygons occasionally in skyrim. Using an i7 2600, 8GB DDR3, 400W PSU, on a 1680x1050 res

What could be causing the artifacts?
skyR
Profile Joined July 2009
Canada13817 Posts
April 19 2012 20:12 GMT
#2143
Overheating or defective GPU is usually the case for artifacts.
Wild Weasel
Profile Joined January 2012
United States52 Posts
April 19 2012 20:14 GMT
#2144
At idle, I'm getting a reading of about 40C for the graphics card, so I doubt it's overheating
Zushen
Profile Joined June 2011
275 Posts
April 19 2012 20:23 GMT
#2145
On April 20 2012 05:14 Wild Weasel wrote:
At idle, I'm getting a reading of about 40C for the graphics card, so I doubt it's overheating

at idle it doesnt matter, get a temp when its under a heavy load
Wild Weasel
Profile Joined January 2012
United States52 Posts
April 19 2012 20:29 GMT
#2146
Ok, 2 minutes into furmark, at stock volts and clocks, I hit 95C, at 100% fan speed... I don't know a whole lot about GPUs, but I'm pretty sure that isn't good
skyR
Profile Joined July 2009
Canada13817 Posts
April 19 2012 20:31 GMT
#2147
That isn't good. If this is an old configuration, you probably just need to clean out the dust in the heatsink.
EdenPLusDucky
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
571 Posts
April 19 2012 20:32 GMT
#2148
holy crap thats way too hot. you need to open up the graphics card and clean the dust out of it, replace the TIM too
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
April 19 2012 20:33 GMT
#2149
On April 20 2012 05:32 EdenPLusDucky wrote:
holy crap thats way too hot. you need to open up the graphics card and clean the dust out of it, replace the TIM too


Replacing TIM on the GPU is iffy for some people. If it's in warranty, not always the best idea. Some companies don't appreciate taking it apart.
Wild Weasel
Profile Joined January 2012
United States52 Posts
April 19 2012 20:34 GMT
#2150
The card is brand new, I just installed it yesterday... I'm going to go guess the next suggestion is RMA?
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
April 19 2012 20:34 GMT
#2151
On April 20 2012 05:34 Wild Weasel wrote:
The card is brand new, I just installed it yesterday... I'm going to go guess the next suggestion is RMA?


Yep.
Wild Weasel
Profile Joined January 2012
United States52 Posts
April 19 2012 20:36 GMT
#2152
Oh joy... maybe it would have been better to go with a different brand of 6870
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
April 19 2012 20:39 GMT
#2153
Meh, probably just luck of the draw, TBH, unless you got one with shit support.

Gotta say though, support being awesome is the top reason I shell out extra money for EVGA. But then they don't make AMD cards.
Team .SCA
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States327 Posts
April 19 2012 20:54 GMT
#2154
Hey, just need to find out if this CPU will be compatible with the mobo of this computer. I think everything should be fine, but I'd like to be sure! Thanks in advance! (I believe the mobo for the comp is an AMD 785G chipset).
General Manager | Team Ascension | teamascension.co | @T_Ascension
Wabbit
Profile Joined August 2010
United States1028 Posts
April 19 2012 20:56 GMT
#2155
No. Mobo is AM3, FX 4170 is AM3+

If you have that HP PC, there isn't really a worthwhile CPU upgrade for it.
The answers to most of your Tech Support questions are in the OP. That's why you're not getting a reply. It's been answered before. Read the OP.
Roland_Auron
Profile Joined August 2010
United States2 Posts
April 20 2012 01:30 GMT
#2156
I am looking to get a monitor to use a a dual monitor and I am not exactly sure the best fit for me. I primarily want it for watching stream and games.
I am looking for a high quality monitor between 21" and 24" with a price cap around $200.
I am interested in this monitor but I have read that it has ghosting problems.
http://www.asus.com/Display/LCD_Monitors/VE248H/#specifications

Any information about good monitors would be appreciated.
And yes I have read through http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=308280.

Thanks for the help.
nam nam
Profile Joined June 2010
Sweden4672 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-20 17:54:03
April 20 2012 17:52 GMT
#2157
I don't know how simple this question is but I have two computers connected to an router, one with cable and one through the wireless. The problem I have is when someone starts the one connected through the cable it's throttles the internet to my wireless connection. Or more precisely it kills it, like I have no connection at all. If I wait a few minutes it usually starts up again and then everything usually works fine. Does anyone recognize this problem or something similar? I have tried a few things like assigning static ips, disabling power saving features as so on but I'm not really sure where the problem lies, if it's the router (dlink DIR-615) or the wireless card (Linksys AE1000) or something with the settings for my network on my computers. Maybe it's hard to say what the problem are but if someone could give me some pointers where to start looking it would be appreaciated.
TheToast
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4808 Posts
April 20 2012 17:55 GMT
#2158
On April 21 2012 02:52 nam nam wrote:
I don't know how simple this question is but I have two computers connected to an router, one with cable and one through the wireless. The problem I have is when someone starts the one connected through the cable it's throttles the internet to my wireless connection. Or more precisely it kills it, like I have no connection at all. If I wait a few minutes it usually starts up again and then everything works fine. Does anyone recognize this problem? I have tried a few things like assigning static ips, disabling power saving features as so on but I'm not really sure where the problem lies, if it's the router (dlink DIR-615) or the wireless card (Linksys AE1000) or something with the settings for my network on my computers. Maybe it's hard to say what the problem are but if someone could give me some pointers where to start looking it would be appreaciated.


It's definetly a problem with the router, if it were an issue with the WiFi card on the PC there really shouldn't be any correlation with whether the other PC is on or not.

Have you tried updating the router firmware? What about doing a settings reset on the router?

Could just be a dying router, but those are worthwhile things to try first.
I like the way the walls go out. Gives you an open feeling. Firefly's a good design. People don't appreciate the substance of things. Objects in space. People miss out on what's solid.
nam nam
Profile Joined June 2010
Sweden4672 Posts
April 20 2012 18:25 GMT
#2159
Yes I have updated the router firmware (last one was release a long time ago though) and done a factory reset quite recently and I thought it worked better shortly after but now it's basically the same again.

I do like new and shiny things so maybe that will be the road to go.
alQahira
Profile Joined June 2011
United States511 Posts
April 20 2012 18:55 GMT
#2160
So I have a new MSI 560 ti twin frozr II, that very rarely has artifacts during regular use of windows, usually while playing a stream or video. The artifacts usually flash on for a sec, and then go away. There have been 2 occasions where during windows it said the display driver crashed and had to be restarted. However, there has not been a single problem with games (SC2, dragon age 2).

Load temp peaks at around 60 - 65, so I don't think it's a heat issue. Is it worth RMAing it? It was a new system when I installed the latest drivers, so I don't think there are any old driver files screwing things up. Any other suggestions?

It is really not a problem right now, I'm just concerned that it means there will be worse problems down the road.
Prev 1 106 107 108 109 110 653 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 17m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 252
NeuroSwarm 197
FoxeR 33
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 3875
Leta 1976
Bale 52
Shine 26
Icarus 5
Other Games
summit1g8088
JimRising 568
WinterStarcraft468
ViBE151
Mew2King24
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick670
BasetradeTV193
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta22
• Letter1412
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo791
Other Games
• Scarra1061
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6h 17m
Patches Events
11h 17m
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 17m
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 17m
OSC
19h 17m
OSC
1d 8h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.