• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:20
CEST 01:20
KST 08:20
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War565.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8862 users

Simple Questions Simple Answers - Page 106

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 104 105 106 107 108 653 Next
Myrmidon
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
United States9452 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-17 19:32:11
April 17 2012 19:31 GMT
#2101
Okay yeah, if you don't like your current fps, and particularly if you need to stream at that kind of bitrate and want higher quality for that, get the i5-2500k (if not even i7-2600k if you really have some money). Which P67 motherboard is that? Be sure to grab a CPU cooler to overclock the i5-2500k.

You will need to lower the resolution more, because of that upload speed.
HotCookies
Profile Joined January 2011
Greece149 Posts
April 17 2012 19:49 GMT
#2102
i was thinking about Gigabyte P67A D3 B3 (s1155, P67, DDR3) , unfortunately i can't get better upload at my current location.Next money i ll spent will be for a good cooler as you said and an ssd probably.
KingDime
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Canada750 Posts
April 17 2012 21:29 GMT
#2103
I was curious and just checked my shaw bundle to see what I got due to my upload speed being insanely slow. (0.41 Mbps) The plan that is currently being used has an upload speed of 512 Kbps but a couple people have told me you want something like 3ish to even think about streaming.

Is there any way to improve this aside from upgrading my internet?

I would like to stream come the end of finals but it's basically out of the question with that upload speed. Im assuming that the upload speed using the bundle means that it caps out at 512 Kbps but im not really sure. Terrible with computers zzzzz.

Doom Guy
Wabbit
Profile Joined August 2010
United States1028 Posts
April 17 2012 21:31 GMT
#2104
Unless you can upgrade your connection, you pretty much have to forget about it. 0.4 is terrible.
The answers to most of your Tech Support questions are in the OP. That's why you're not getting a reply. It's been answered before. Read the OP.
DestinedOne
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada84 Posts
April 18 2012 01:48 GMT
#2105
I have the MSI GX740 laptop and I have a pretty concerning problem.
First of all the specs are:
i7 720QM Processor
Radeon HD 5870M 1GB GDDR5 VRAM Graphics Card
4GB of ~1077 MHz DDR3 RAM
320GB Hard Drive
17' LCD Screen

The weird thing is, when I first bought SC2, one week after release, with the laptop brand new, it ran it perfectly fine on all Ultra graphics. Nowadays, I've set almost every single option to low, and the lag persists, even in 1v1's. A week ago is when I first noticed the lag, and I realised that my hard drive was full. I bought an external drive and backed everything up and reformatted to try and solve it. Nothing has worked and SC2 still runs slow. The biggest enigma is that every other game I run on this computer works perfectly fine on more or less maxed graphics, except for SC2. It is the only game with which I've experienced this problem. Btw, the lagg is pretty hard framerate lagg, and I have the second-fastest internet available, so I'm sure it isn't that. Whatever shall I do?
CyDe
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States1010 Posts
April 18 2012 02:31 GMT
#2106
On April 17 2012 18:01 Ohyra wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 16 2012 21:31 CyDe wrote:
On April 16 2012 17:54 Ohyra wrote:
Hey people. I don't know if this the right thread to be writing this in, but i feel that "SC2 Strategy" is the wrong forum.
So on to the question: When i am playing SC2 the units responses (and those of buildings) get cut off by each other. For instance if i click on one scv and it then begins to say it's "greeting frase", if i then click on my CC while the scv is talking, the line gets cut off. The scv doesn't finish the whole sentence, and this is the same with every unit, race and building in the game.
Does anyone have an idea of what this could be? Is it my soundcard or is it fixable from the options menu? I have tried several setting, but none of them do the job.


That might be because the number of sound channels (ambient noises, sound effects, unit responses) your StarCraft can play at one time is low. You can change this in sound settings on the lower right, if I recall correctly.


Thank you kind gentleman! i will without a doubt try this. If it doesn't work, the computer is going to be thrown in the trash and exchanged


But of course . This actually made me smile, so I thank you for that :D

I have my own question. I have started to stream (sort of, kind of, occasionally); I want to stream BF3 and SC2. With StarCraft it streams fine, for the most part. Battlefield has a problem though. It lag terribly on the stream. I can play totally fine, with very little lag in-game, but the stream gets sometimes as low as a frame every 1.5 seconds. Any thoughts?
youtube.com/GamingCyDe-- My totally abandoned youtube channel that I might revisit at some point
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
April 18 2012 02:39 GMT
#2107
On April 18 2012 11:31 CyDe wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 17 2012 18:01 Ohyra wrote:
On April 16 2012 21:31 CyDe wrote:
On April 16 2012 17:54 Ohyra wrote:
Hey people. I don't know if this the right thread to be writing this in, but i feel that "SC2 Strategy" is the wrong forum.
So on to the question: When i am playing SC2 the units responses (and those of buildings) get cut off by each other. For instance if i click on one scv and it then begins to say it's "greeting frase", if i then click on my CC while the scv is talking, the line gets cut off. The scv doesn't finish the whole sentence, and this is the same with every unit, race and building in the game.
Does anyone have an idea of what this could be? Is it my soundcard or is it fixable from the options menu? I have tried several setting, but none of them do the job.


That might be because the number of sound channels (ambient noises, sound effects, unit responses) your StarCraft can play at one time is low. You can change this in sound settings on the lower right, if I recall correctly.


Thank you kind gentleman! i will without a doubt try this. If it doesn't work, the computer is going to be thrown in the trash and exchanged


But of course . This actually made me smile, so I thank you for that :D

I have my own question. I have started to stream (sort of, kind of, occasionally); I want to stream BF3 and SC2. With StarCraft it streams fine, for the most part. Battlefield has a problem though. It lag terribly on the stream. I can play totally fine, with very little lag in-game, but the stream gets sometimes as low as a frame every 1.5 seconds. Any thoughts?


You need to limit the cores used by BF3, since it's not threaded like shit like SC2, most likely.
Mordanis
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States893 Posts
April 18 2012 06:30 GMT
#2108
I'm having some issues with getting win7. I recently built myself a computer, and re-used my hard drive so I'd save ~$80 on the drive and a bunch on the OS. My plan was to boot XP on the old hard drive for a while until I could afford the $65 win7 upgrade with the student discount. The problem is that I bought the old computer from Dell, and from what I've heard it would violate the EULA to install the old copy of windows on the new computer, and its not possible to use the upgrade from a copy of windows that isn't working. First off, is this true? Secondly, could I use the OEM system builder version of win7 for my current computer? I know that if its possible, it would limit me like my current version does, but right now I am willing to accept that limitation for immediate savings.
I love the smell of napalm in the morning... it smells like... victory. -_^ Favorite SC2 match ->Liquid`HerO vs. SlayerS CranK g.1 @MLG Summer Championship
skyR
Profile Joined July 2009
Canada13817 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-18 06:32:35
April 18 2012 06:31 GMT
#2109
It does violate EULA but no one cares.

Why would using an OEM copy limit you? It's the same as a retail copy...
teknotrance
Profile Joined March 2012
61 Posts
April 18 2012 06:33 GMT
#2110
does liquid cooling setup need constant refill of water?
skyR
Profile Joined July 2009
Canada13817 Posts
April 18 2012 06:36 GMT
#2111
No.
Illest.
Profile Joined April 2011
Canada133 Posts
April 18 2012 08:32 GMT
#2112
stock heat sink sufficient enough for light oc?
after testing out some basic oc it's some really fun and I kinda wanna get close to 4ghz
I ♥ KPop.
iKill[ShocK]
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Vietnam3530 Posts
April 18 2012 09:01 GMT
#2113
yes. assuming you have the 2500k.
<3 Kim Taeyeon
Rannasha
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Netherlands2398 Posts
April 18 2012 09:25 GMT
#2114
On April 18 2012 17:32 Illest. wrote:
stock heat sink sufficient enough for light oc?
after testing out some basic oc it's some really fun and I kinda wanna get close to 4ghz


You can do a light OC with it, but there's a massive difference between the stock heat sink and even a basic 3rd party cooler.
Such flammable little insects!
Rachnar
Profile Joined October 2010
France1526 Posts
April 18 2012 17:03 GMT
#2115
kk so i just put my desktop back up together after my psu had died, everything working fine but.... no image output, keeps saying "check signal cable" with "hdmi 1" when it doesn't even have the hdmi 1 cable plugged in...
gpu fan also running normally

i've reseted gpu

i've tested all cable configurations possible (hdmi, vga => dvi adapter), cables are working fine just tested all of them on my laptop

gpu is sapphire hd6870
monitor is 22'' Samsung BX2231
"What if it's a triple DK ?" "Then we cry" "Prepare your handkerchief then ..."
Myrmidon
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
United States9452 Posts
April 18 2012 17:16 GMT
#2116
Reseat the graphics card and replug in the power connectors, try a different slot, try a different graphics card, reset the motherboard BIOS, try integrated graphics if available and also try disabling it.

I forget all the context, so maybe some of the above doesn't make sense for your situation.
Rachnar
Profile Joined October 2010
France1526 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-18 17:31:46
April 18 2012 17:28 GMT
#2117
hu, well i guess either reseting the card again or the 6 pin's did it, or both, anyways thanks a lot man, as always

edit : oh feels so good coming from my old laptop back to this... it's like living in a cave for months then going back out to breath fresh air
"What if it's a triple DK ?" "Then we cry" "Prepare your handkerchief then ..."
Illest.
Profile Joined April 2011
Canada133 Posts
April 18 2012 19:07 GMT
#2118
On April 18 2012 18:01 iKill[ShocK] wrote:
yes. assuming you have the 2500k.


Im currently on a amd phenom II 955BE but upgrading to a those i5 3750k once those come out on monday
my chassis is a pretty good one, coolmaster storm sniper, so air cooling would be good.

On April 18 2012 18:25 Rannasha wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 18 2012 17:32 Illest. wrote:
stock heat sink sufficient enough for light oc?
after testing out some basic oc it's some really fun and I kinda wanna get close to 4ghz


You can do a light OC with it, but there's a massive difference between the stock heat sink and even a basic 3rd party cooler.


I plan on doing light oc, nothing to hardcore trying to get the most out of what I can push the cpu limit.
I ♥ KPop.
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
April 18 2012 19:10 GMT
#2119
I would personally never OC on the intel box cooler, just because it's already a noisy, underperforming piece of shit, and it doesn't cost all that much to slap on something MUCH more efficient. In particular, since the mounting pins suck, the last thing you'd want is to have it decide to come loose (randomly happens from time to time with that stupid POS) on an OCed CPU under load. Bad enough at stock clocks when it happens.
Illest.
Profile Joined April 2011
Canada133 Posts
April 18 2012 19:40 GMT
#2120
I see, those Intel heat-sink are that noisy ay.
would just a heatsink be great or one with a fan to blow away the hot air?
I ♥ KPop.
Prev 1 104 105 106 107 108 653 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#3 - $100
ZZZero.O153
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 486
Hyun 157
ZZZero.O 157
Dota 2
monkeys_forever398
League of Legends
Doublelift3905
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3912
Liquid`Hasu442
Other Games
summit1g14655
FrodaN1520
JimRising 418
KnowMe217
Livibee208
ViBE114
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick856
BasetradeTV132
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 121
• Adnapsc2 42
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Scarra1260
Other Games
• imaqtpie1020
• Shiphtur570
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10h 40m
Patches Events
15h 40m
BSL Open Qualifier
19h 40m
BSL Open Qualifier
19h 40m
OSC
23h 40m
OSC
1d 12h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.