• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:29
CEST 13:29
KST 20:29
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)76Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7082 users

TL is Recruiting!: Help Fill the Void

Forum Index > SC2 General
261 CommentsPost a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 12 13 14 Next All
lichter
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
1001 YEARS KESPAJAIL22272 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-01-05 03:04:34
November 29 2014 03:43 GMT
#1


Click an icon to take you to the desired section.


This is it guys. Legacy of the Void, the final installment of SC2, is on its way. Over the past 4 and a half years, Team Liquid has been covering Starcraft 2 as one of its most prominent outlets and the quality of our articles has reached a standard that is praised throughout the industry. It's no exaggeration to say that we are the chroniclers of this game.

We create the images that remind us of our greatest moments and bind the books that contain our memories.

We celebrate our finest battles and examine the theories that hold our universe together.

We write the stories that become our history and craft the tales that become our legends.

This is our game and we need your help. We're building a bigger, stronger team to get ready for the next expansion, and recruitment starts now.

Only you can fill the void.

How to Apply


How to Apply: Send an application containing the following information to lichter@teamliquid.net (lichter)
  • Your TeamLiquid.net ID and Skype information. For coordination purposes, we require writers to use Skype.
  • Short introduction and relevant background information as it pertains to this position. Please do not send resumes.
  • All required test assignments
  • Availability and desired workload.
  • Applications are open indefinitely.


Applications are open until positions are filled. Positions are not paid and are on a strictly voluntary basis. Valuable staff members may receive non-monetary rewards, passes to leagues covered, opportunities to attend events as press, or positive referrals.



Writers


Description: Writers are responsible for writing previews, recaps, features, and other written content for TeamLiquid's StarCraft II coverage. In the case of previews and recaps, it is crucial that they are written in a timely manner. Writers must be able to write both concisely and at length, depending on the situation. The ability to recognize and develop narratives is also a must. Tournaments with priority at present time are GSL, S2SL, Proleague, WCS, and Weekenders like Dreamhack/IEM/RedBull. We intend on covering as many tournaments as manpower allows.

Test Assignments:
  • Tournament Recap (around 600 words) - Example 1 - Example 2

    Write a concise recap on the events of a single day in a major tournament. This is NOT a battle report assignment. Try to tell an interesting story about the tournament and players as a whole, rather than listing the details of several matches. The above examples are only references, feel free to be creative with your style. Any major tournament after June 1st, 2015 may be chosen as the subject.

  • Preview Article (700-1000 words) - Example 1 - Example 2 - Example 3

    Write an article previewing some future tournament (as of the time of writing, the only upcoming tournaments is DreamHack, but feel free to think of an alternative if you can). The preview should not preview the entire event if there are many competitors, but should cover a main storyline leading into the tournament. A main storyline includes, but is not limited to, looking at a tournament favorite or popular player going into the event, looking at a team going into the event and any tournament specific storylines (e.g. "Who's good in LotV?").




Graphics


With Starcraft II more alivegaem than ever in 2015, we want to push the quality of our graphics to greater heights. We will need another pair of hands (or two) for graphics to make that happen! Our site might have a very retro forum look, but that doesn’t mean we don’t know how to make our articles look nice. Mainly we work closely with the writers and TL Strat teams to offer insightful articles coupled with attractive layouts. Eventually graphics staff members start helping out in other regions of TLnet, like most of us usually do. If you love ESPORTS as much as we do and have a talent for art or web design, this is the place for you!

The following examples demonstrate some of the excellent news art created by the TL graphics team:
      Road to Blizzcon Preview: Zest by shiroiusagi and meru
       A Lesson In Dotalinguistics by fusefuse
      Daedalus Point: A Lesson in Map Making by shiroiusagi
      Code S Season 3 by meru
      Rain vs. Flash - TL Strategy Spotlight by wo1fwood
      God of the Battlefield: Part 1 by hawaiianpig
      IEM Singapore by Meko
      Liquid`Dota 2 by fishuu

While we're looking for a graphic designer, TeamLiquid's graphics staff also contributes to the site in a variety of other ways, and we are accommodating of any kind of talent.

There's no fixed criteria in what we require from our artists. Don't be afraid of applying even if you haven't received any formal graphics education or possess an unorthodox skill-set. We're providing a list of of generally useful skills to have, but they are in no way required. All that matters is the ability to contribute to TeamLiquid in a creative capacity.

  • Photoshop
  • Illustrator
  • After Effects
  • Indesign
  • Pixel graphics
  • HTML/CSS
  • Freehand illustration
  • Video editing
  • Making carriers


If you are interested in contributing, here's how you can apply. Send an email with the title "TL Graphics Application" and the following content to recruitment@teamliquid.net.

  • Brief introduction of yourself, your graphics background, and list of artistic skills.
  • Portfolio of your work.
  • An example of a piece you would do for TeamLiquid.net. This can be artwork for a news post (any league, past or present, real or fictional), a mock up version of any website feature (sidebar, forums, liquibet, icons, etc), any kind of short video, or something totally outside the box.
  • Please put Graphic Designer or whatever you feel best describes your profile in the subject line.


As with the vast majority of TeamLiquid staff positions, this is an unpaid volunteer position. No experience is required. Your sample work will speak for itself!


Facebook Twitter Reddit
AdministratorYOU MUST HEED MY INSTRUCTIONS TAKE OFF YOUR THIIIINGS
ZeromuS
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada13426 Posts
November 29 2014 03:47 GMT
#2
TL strat is the best group. Come on guys you know you wanna work with us <3
StrategyRTS forever | @ZeromuS_plays | www.twitch.tv/Zeromus_
[MD]Frostbite
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
Canada292 Posts
November 29 2014 03:48 GMT
#3
Do I have the time and the #passion to apply to be a writer? humm...
White-Ra, the godfather Protoss
chipmonklord17
Profile Joined February 2011
United States11944 Posts
November 29 2014 03:50 GMT
#4
everytime I see this thread I want to apply but always end up hating my drafts if I ever even write them. Maybe I'll actually go through with it this time
The_Templar
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
your Country52798 Posts
November 29 2014 03:51 GMT
#5
On November 29 2014 12:50 chipmonklord17 wrote:
everytime I see this thread I want to apply but always end up hating my drafts if I ever even write them. Maybe I'll actually go through with it this time

I have similar feelings. I'll probably write something up and delete it upon finishing.
ModeratorI am still alive, somehow
TL+ Member
SetGuitarsToKill
Profile Blog Joined December 2013
Canada28396 Posts
November 29 2014 03:54 GMT
#6
Ya, I tried to write an article once and it turned out crap, so I think I'm screwed there. I'm terrible at strategy, and I'm no graphic designer... so I tihnk I'm screwed.
Community News"As long as you have a warp prism you can't be bad at harassment" - Maru | @SetGuitars2Kill
banjoetheredskin
Profile Blog Joined November 2012
United States744 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-11-29 03:56:20
November 29 2014 03:54 GMT
#7
gogogo! apply! especially graphics, I feel bad for Shiro and Meru when I think about them doing the majority of our stuff D:

also, I must say, most applications are going to feel like they are trash compared to what ends up getting published, but that's because you've had no guidance in the technicalities and or general direction of your piece, which you'll get if you are trialed. It's worth a shot if you have the time, because you will become a better writer
Writer#1 CJ fan | http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/starcraft-2/508947-wcs-dreamhack-austin-interviews
chipmonklord17
Profile Joined February 2011
United States11944 Posts
November 29 2014 03:55 GMT
#8
On November 29 2014 12:51 The_Templar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 29 2014 12:50 chipmonklord17 wrote:
everytime I see this thread I want to apply but always end up hating my drafts if I ever even write them. Maybe I'll actually go through with it this time

I have similar feelings. I'll probably write something up and delete it upon finishing.


I feel like once I get into it I'll like it (I've taken creative writing classes before) its just every intro I write just feels off.
MarlieChurphy
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
United States2065 Posts
November 29 2014 03:55 GMT
#9
Wait is this a paid thing, or just for funsies?
RIP SPOR 11/24/11 NEVAR FORGET
SetGuitarsToKill
Profile Blog Joined December 2013
Canada28396 Posts
November 29 2014 03:56 GMT
#10
On November 29 2014 12:55 MarlieChurphy wrote:
Wait is this a paid thing, or just for funsies?

Funsies.
Community News"As long as you have a warp prism you can't be bad at harassment" - Maru | @SetGuitars2Kill
-Kyo-
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Japan1927 Posts
November 29 2014 04:10 GMT
#11
Well, I'll probably be focusing heavily on builds and strategies for legacy of the void. I've been talking to some other top level american players already about builds/timings in legacy, however, I am not really a big fan of the whole "email us to get graded" kinda thing >.> ....

I'll definitely be posting some guides in the strategy section, just like my Skytoss build in HotS, as the beta and other content releases, though! Hopefully I'll be helpful one way or another to some new players looking to get into Legacy.

I'm actually currently working on a small video series with the current unofficial HotS/legacy map on my youtube so maybe that'll make up for being too introverted to apply for this. :D
Anime is cuter than you. Legacy of the Void GM Protoss Gameplay: twitch.tv/kyo7763 youtube.com/user/KyoStarcraft/
TL+ Member
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
November 29 2014 04:12 GMT
#12
On November 29 2014 12:47 ZeromuS wrote:
TL strat is the best group. Come on guys you know you wanna work with us <3


Well come LOTV I shall be back
When I think of something else, something will go here
ptbl
Profile Joined January 2011
United States6074 Posts
November 29 2014 04:13 GMT
#13
Lichter have you taken over waxangel's position? Seems like you're the big man around here now :o
Don't mind me
looknohands119
Profile Joined March 2010
United States815 Posts
November 29 2014 04:25 GMT
#14
Sick guys! Expansion of Starcraft staff is always a good sign. The content has been awesome lately too. I want MOAR!!!!!!
"The kingdom of the heavens is buried treasure. Would you sell yourself to buy the one you've found?" - Jon Foreman ('Your Love Is Strong' - Spring EP)
banjoetheredskin
Profile Blog Joined November 2012
United States744 Posts
November 29 2014 04:25 GMT
#15
On November 29 2014 13:13 ptbl wrote:
Lichter have you taken over waxangel's position? Seems like you're the big man around here now :o

not exactly, lichter isn't the paid editor in chief (at least not that i'm aware, I'm pretty sure he isn't) but he is pretty much the boss
Writer#1 CJ fan | http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/starcraft-2/508947-wcs-dreamhack-austin-interviews
Corazon
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States3230 Posts
November 29 2014 04:37 GMT
#16
On November 29 2014 12:54 banjoetheredskin wrote:
gogogo! apply! especially graphics, I feel bad for Shiro and Meru when I think about them doing the majority of our stuff D:

also, I must say, most applications are going to feel like they are trash compared to what ends up getting published, but that's because you've had no guidance in the technicalities and or general direction of your piece, which you'll get if you are trialed. It's worth a shot if you have the time, because you will become a better writer


Yeah if you saw the first draft of stuff I write, you'd feel a lot better. My articles would be rubbish without guidance from my fellow TL Strat writers
Grubby's #1 Fan
NovemberstOrm
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Canada16217 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-11-29 04:43:23
November 29 2014 04:41 GMT
#17
On November 29 2014 13:13 ptbl wrote:
Lichter have you taken over waxangel's position? Seems like you're the big man around here now :o

lichter, Zealously, and DLO lead the sc2 coverage now
Moderatorlickypiddy
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37118 Posts
November 29 2014 04:43 GMT
#18
On November 29 2014 13:13 ptbl wrote:
Lichter have you taken over waxangel's position? Seems like you're the big man around here now :o

Yes, lichter is in charge of SC2 writers.
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
CosmicSpiral
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States15275 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-11-29 04:44:24
November 29 2014 04:44 GMT
#19
On November 29 2014 12:54 banjoetheredskin wrote:
gogogo! apply! especially graphics, I feel bad for Shiro and Meru when I think about them doing the majority of our stuff D:

also, I must say, most applications are going to feel like they are trash compared to what ends up getting published, but that's because you've had no guidance in the technicalities and or general direction of your piece, which you'll get if you are trialed. It's worth a shot if you have the time, because you will become a better writer


And if you don't become a better writer, I will make you into a better writer.

With force if necessary.
WriterWovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
fruity.
Profile Joined April 2012
England1711 Posts
November 29 2014 05:01 GMT
#20
1001 years is a long time, you must of been a really bad boy.

On a slightly more serious note, I've always though of myself as a far better writer, than orator, and am seriously thinking about giving this a shot with this fine site. I guess I'll have to put pen to paper and see if I can produce something worth reading! Unlike this post.

LotV will be epic, I'm sure of it, though am already dreading the moans about balance.. But hey, if we weren't passionate about the game and race(s) We play, we wouldn't feel the need to get up in arms about it.
Ex Zerg learning Terran. A bold move.
1 2 3 4 5 12 13 14 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
20:00
Kung Fu Cup Weekly #26
IntoTheiNu 609
RotterdaM207
TKL 90
SteadfastSC84
Rex68
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko342
RotterdaM 207
ByuN 106
TKL 90
SteadfastSC 72
Rex 69
Codebar 43
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 19603
Shuttle 1456
Bisu 828
Jaedong 557
Soulkey 534
Horang2 419
Mong 391
BeSt 373
actioN 263
Stork 228
[ Show more ]
firebathero 227
Soma 217
Mini 184
Larva 161
Zeus 123
Rush 121
Last 116
Hyun 91
PianO 82
Pusan 73
Snow 72
sorry 70
910 69
Free 64
Mind 64
ZerO 63
Shine 56
EffOrt 56
hero 40
Shinee 35
Sharp 35
Sexy 26
Bale 25
sSak 22
ToSsGirL 21
HiyA 21
ZergMaN 20
JYJ 19
scan(afreeca) 12
Hm[arnc] 10
yabsab 9
Aegong 7
Sacsri 7
Noble 7
Dota 2
XcaliburYe315
canceldota21
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1517
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King184
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes335
Other Games
gofns39292
singsing2043
B2W.Neo251
DeMusliM225
Pyrionflax184
Livibee134
Trikslyr25
ZerO(Twitch)12
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV151
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream31
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV383
League of Legends
• Jankos1236
Other Games
• Shiphtur740
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
4h 31m
The PondCast
22h 31m
INu's Battles
23h 31m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 10h
Replay Cast
1d 11h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.