• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:57
CEST 15:57
KST 22:57
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
[Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8205 users

TL is Recruiting!: Help Fill the Void - Page 4

Forum Index > SC2 General
261 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13 14 Next All
myRZeth
Profile Joined June 2011
Germany1047 Posts
November 29 2014 10:23 GMT
#61
On November 29 2014 12:47 ZeromuS wrote:
TL strat is the best group. Come on guys you know you wanna work with us <3


WE ARE THE MASTER RACE
graNite
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Germany4434 Posts
November 29 2014 10:33 GMT
#62
On November 29 2014 19:22 brickrd wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 29 2014 19:16 graNite wrote:
On November 29 2014 19:05 Seeker wrote:
IDK why people think we don't get paid for what we do. I have a buttload of eSports dollars and gold coins that I can spend whenever I feel like it. I'm making bank right now.


nice contribution to a serious conversation. now i know how you got 23904832487234 posts. please go away if you have nothing to say.

i know some sites that pay per article, it encourages new authors and you (as a site admin) dont have to use the article, if you dont want to.

how in the world do people get mad about this

no one is forced to volunteer, if you don't want to write for free then you don't, literally absolutely no problem is caused for anyone anywhere


no one is getting mad. i am just asking why they are not paying. i know this is for volunteers, i know there are no problems caused for anyone anywhere. I just want to share my opinion and maybe get some writers to think how they are working for free while TL gets the ad money.
"Oink oink, bitches" - Tasteless on Pigbaby winning a map against Flash
FliceR
Profile Blog Joined November 2012
Austria72 Posts
November 29 2014 10:45 GMT
#63
Team Liquid Strategy ftw! :D

//

The fact that the positions are unpaid is a good idea, really like it - This makes sure that the people who write these aren't doing this because of some sweet sweet $ - this make sure that they make this because it is their passion, they do this for fun, they do this to work with new people from all around and if you wanna work in some esport related jobs and you say that you got some articels on this site with a lot of views and a lot of positiv feedback, that pushes your application even more.

//

On November 29 2014 19:33 graNite wrote:

no one is getting mad. i am just asking why they are not paying. i know this is for volunteers, i know there are no problems caused for anyone anywhere. I just want to share my opinion and maybe get some writers to think how they are working for free while TL gets the ad money.


Good point

Because you asked a question if they get something, i found this, this should help you a bit, maybe

On November 15 2014 07:09 Zealously wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 15 2014 06:21 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
On November 15 2014 06:16 Zealously wrote:
On November 15 2014 04:43 Rikudou wrote:
wait, arent the TL writers paid usually?


We receive perks, but we aren't paid, no.


What kind of perks?


Not that it should really matter - it isn't what most (if any) of us signed up for - but we do get TL store discounts and access to press passes for a bunch (most) SC-related events. Depending on what you're like, a more public outlet for your opinion (writing editorials really fits some people and allows them to share their opinions where more people will see them) is also a plus. And I mean, I guess TL can probably be a way to get into other esports-related things if you're really into it, so you can think of it as an opporunity to broaden your skillset and so forth.

@peterflicer hit me up on Twitter ;)
SuperHofmann
Profile Joined September 2013
Italy1741 Posts
November 29 2014 11:01 GMT
#64
I will apply only if I can get some dirty esport money
Vasacast always in my <3
rikapi
Profile Joined January 2014
United States63 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-11-29 11:12:34
November 29 2014 11:12 GMT
#65
I figure you can think of this as having free coaching for your writing skills, as well as something to put on a resume/portfolio somewhere down the road of your life if you're still a student - some companies actually think highly of volunteer work!

As for the for-profit/nonprofit discussion/argument... why does it even matter? If you believe in the cause, you'll give your time and effort as the scv/probe/drone for free, and that doesn't change whether you're a company intern or a volunteer of an organization (profit or non-profit). If you can't find enough faith in the cause, you'll just choose not to pitch in your hours - that choice is only yours, and clearly not shared by the people who are volunteering. No amount of "this is stupid/unfair" Negative Nancy talk will dissuade future believers in the cause from applying, because they already are firm believers in the group's cause, and it usually takes a LOT for someone like that to lost that faith.


@lichter - would me teaming up with the Graphics team to bake special TL cookies (or I can go solo and bake Carbot cookies) for the TL staff (a few at a time, I don't bake for a living) make it worth it?
saving e-sports one Carbot cookie at a time :D
dravernor
Profile Blog Joined May 2013
Netherlands6192 Posts
November 29 2014 11:18 GMT
#66
On November 29 2014 17:01 Plexa wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 29 2014 15:33 dravernor wrote:
I actually didn't even get a reply last time I applied -_-

I dont see an email from you D: ?

:o
I'll update and forward to you I guess. Double checked email address and it was correct, and I think I remember Matt chatting to me about it
<3
Plexa
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
Aotearoa39261 Posts
November 29 2014 11:21 GMT
#67
On November 29 2014 20:18 dravernor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 29 2014 17:01 Plexa wrote:
On November 29 2014 15:33 dravernor wrote:
I actually didn't even get a reply last time I applied -_-

I dont see an email from you D: ?

:o
I'll update and forward to you I guess. Double checked email address and it was correct, and I think I remember Matt chatting to me about it

Send it to plexa@teamliquid.net
Administrator~ Spirit will set you free ~
dravernor
Profile Blog Joined May 2013
Netherlands6192 Posts
November 29 2014 11:35 GMT
#68
On November 29 2014 20:21 Plexa wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 29 2014 20:18 dravernor wrote:
On November 29 2014 17:01 Plexa wrote:
On November 29 2014 15:33 dravernor wrote:
I actually didn't even get a reply last time I applied -_-

I dont see an email from you D: ?

:o
I'll update and forward to you I guess. Double checked email address and it was correct, and I think I remember Matt chatting to me about it

Send it to plexa@teamliquid.net

Oh but I applied for graphics. Shall I send anyway?
<3
Teoita
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Italy12248 Posts
November 29 2014 11:44 GMT
#69
On November 29 2014 19:15 Dingodile wrote:
Absolutely nothing? :o
I know from other esports sites that volunteers have higher chances to get beta-keys (sc2, hots, d3, overwatch next time i think, especially closed beta keys) from Blizzard.
Seriously you should ask Blizzard for beta keys.


We do get keys from Blizzard
ModeratorProtoss all-ins are like a wok. You can throw whatever you want in there and it will turn out alright.
fusefuse
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Estonia4644 Posts
November 29 2014 11:47 GMT
#70
As usual in these threads, if you have any questions (about gfx), don't hesitate to ask and we'll do our best to answer your questions & concerns!

Also, the preview list of GFX examples needs to now start with the amazing Blizzcon Preview series by Meru & Shiro!!! Pls fix
Liquipedia@jkursk
dravernor
Profile Blog Joined May 2013
Netherlands6192 Posts
November 29 2014 11:49 GMT
#71
On November 29 2014 20:47 fusefuse wrote:
As usual in these threads, if you have any questions (about gfx), don't hesitate to ask and we'll do our best to answer your questions & concerns!

Also, the preview list of GFX examples needs to now start with the amazing Blizzcon Preview series by Meru & Shiro!!! Pls fix

^^^^^
yes please that was awesome
<3
TheBloodyDwarf
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
Finland7524 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-11-29 11:55:55
November 29 2014 11:54 GMT
#72
I used to be newswriter for Gaming.fi (sc2 content only) but now my passion is almost dead

I haven't watched or followed DH Winter at all. I was so suprised when I opened TeamLiquid and saw DH Winter Day 2 LR thread And I visit TL daily at least 20 times.
Fusilero: "I still can't believe he did that, like dude what the fuck there's fandom and then there's what he did like holy shit. I still see it when I close my eyes." <- reaction to the original drunk santa post which later caught on
shiroiusagi
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
SoCal, USA3955 Posts
November 29 2014 12:00 GMT
#73
On November 29 2014 20:47 fusefuse wrote:
As usual in these threads, if you have any questions (about gfx), don't hesitate to ask and we'll do our best to answer your questions & concerns!

Also, the preview list of GFX examples needs to now start with the amazing Blizzcon Preview series by Meru & Shiro!!! Pls fix


I added. Yes if you have any graphic questions we shall answer. ^^ Or want any advice, etc. I wouldn't have been here where I am today if I didn't try. I don't regret doing graphics for TLnet. One of the top things I love to do.
Graphics@shiroiusagi_ | shiroiusagi.net
Zealously
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
East Gorteau22261 Posts
November 29 2014 12:07 GMT
#74
On November 29 2014 19:15 Dingodile wrote:
Absolutely nothing? :o
I know from other esports sites that volunteers have higher chances to get beta-keys (sc2, hots, d3, overwatch next time i think, especially closed beta keys) from Blizzard.
Seriously you should ask Blizzard for beta keys.

We get a lot of perks and small rewards for what we do.
AdministratorBreak the chains
Zealously
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
East Gorteau22261 Posts
November 29 2014 12:10 GMT
#75
On November 29 2014 19:33 graNite wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 29 2014 19:22 brickrd wrote:
On November 29 2014 19:16 graNite wrote:
On November 29 2014 19:05 Seeker wrote:
IDK why people think we don't get paid for what we do. I have a buttload of eSports dollars and gold coins that I can spend whenever I feel like it. I'm making bank right now.


nice contribution to a serious conversation. now i know how you got 23904832487234 posts. please go away if you have nothing to say.

i know some sites that pay per article, it encourages new authors and you (as a site admin) dont have to use the article, if you dont want to.

how in the world do people get mad about this

no one is forced to volunteer, if you don't want to write for free then you don't, literally absolutely no problem is caused for anyone anywhere


no one is getting mad. i am just asking why they are not paying. i know this is for volunteers, i know there are no problems caused for anyone anywhere. I just want to share my opinion and maybe get some writers to think how they are working for free while TL gets the ad money.


All of us have read this discussion 64 times and I wish people would stop assuming we dont know the value of what we do. We love TL and starcraft and that is why we right. I think (think) I speak for every volunteer on this site when I say that we really, really dont give a shit about not being paid.
AdministratorBreak the chains
SetGuitarsToKill
Profile Blog Joined December 2013
Canada28396 Posts
November 29 2014 12:12 GMT
#76
Hey, could I do graphics if I only have a very limited knowledge of photoshop and a decent understanding of MSPaint? I have no artistic talent but I do wanna help in some way.
Community News"As long as you have a warp prism you can't be bad at harassment" - Maru | @SetGuitars2Kill
Olli
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
Austria24422 Posts
November 29 2014 12:15 GMT
#77
Guys why don't writers get paid?
Administrator"Declaring anything a disaster because aLive popped up out of nowhere is just downright silly."
Zealously
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
East Gorteau22261 Posts
November 29 2014 12:18 GMT
#78
On November 29 2014 21:12 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
Hey, could I do graphics if I only have a very limited knowledge of photoshop and a decent understanding of MSPaint? I have no artistic talent but I do wanna help in some way.

PM shiroiusagi, she is the queen of graphics.
AdministratorBreak the chains
Soularion
Profile Blog Joined January 2014
Canada2764 Posts
November 29 2014 12:22 GMT
#79
Can confirm, TL Writers is pretty awesome. I don't think getting paid really matters - most of us are here for the experience and the chance to give something back to the community that we love. We're a great bunch right now, and I'd love to see some more of the vast talent out there apply. Seriously, guys - don't be nervous. The worst thing you'll get is a 'Sorry, no thanks', which really isn't that bad. If you don't apply, you'll never know!
Writermaru pls
shiroiusagi
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
SoCal, USA3955 Posts
November 29 2014 12:23 GMT
#80
On November 29 2014 21:12 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
Hey, could I do graphics if I only have a very limited knowledge of photoshop and a decent understanding of MSPaint? I have no artistic talent but I do wanna help in some way.


I don't really recommend using MS paint for graphics we wanna do (I'm looking at you lichter!), but another option out there is GIMP. It's a free program! Photoshop, gimp, and MS Paint don't magically make us banners, we have to have a sense what we are doing too. They are just tools (like a computer) to help us do things faster. ^^ If there is anyone who went from not doing banners to doing banners is riptide from LiquidDota. :D Back before the split he started to handle the banners as well (as the editing) cause he didn't want me to do too much work. He progressed quite well with making banners. :D Hope this helps!
Graphics@shiroiusagi_ | shiroiusagi.net
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13 14 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
11:00
Kung Fu Cup Weekly #26
IntoTheiNu 1108
RotterdaM588
SteadfastSC293
TKL 212
Rex134
CosmosSc2 33
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 588
SteadfastSC 293
TKL 212
Rex 134
CosmosSc2 33
Codebar 25
ProTech7
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 44373
Calm 1962
Shuttle 1844
Jaedong 1536
Horang2 860
Mini 625
actioN 614
EffOrt 599
Soma 531
Soulkey 404
[ Show more ]
Stork 329
Rush 262
Larva 239
ZerO 208
BeSt 200
Snow 194
firebathero 132
Mong 98
Zeus 92
910 73
Mind 71
Last 70
hero 60
Free 58
Hyun 54
Yoon 49
sorry 44
Sharp 42
Shinee 39
PianO 37
Pusan 33
JYJ 30
Shine 28
Bale 24
ToSsGirL 24
Sexy 20
Aegong 19
Hm[arnc] 19
HiyA 17
Terrorterran 17
scan(afreeca) 15
Sacsri 14
Rock 9
Killer 7
Icarus 7
Noble 6
Dota 2
Gorgc5196
Dendi1170
Counter-Strike
fl0m1885
Fnx 585
edward43
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King125
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes582
Lowko358
Other Games
singsing2137
olofmeister1420
hiko747
B2W.Neo322
DeMusliM214
Livibee190
Pyrionflax162
Liquid`VortiX130
Khaldor89
Trikslyr75
QueenE66
ZerO(Twitch)12
dupreeh0
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 1274
Other Games
BasetradeTV187
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream39
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH186
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis1996
• Jankos1633
• TFBlade444
Other Games
• Shiphtur682
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
2h 3m
The PondCast
20h 3m
INu's Battles
21h 3m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 8h
Replay Cast
1d 9h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.