• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:12
CEST 10:12
KST 17:12
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8261 users

TL is Recruiting!: Help Fill the Void - Page 12

Forum Index > SC2 General
261 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 Next All
Chexx
Profile Joined May 2011
Korea (South)11232 Posts
December 04 2014 08:12 GMT
#221
On December 04 2014 16:58 hero_lief wrote:
Show nested quote +
We've only just started discussing it, don't worry.

Has the deadline passed? I didn't really see one stated.

just apply if you are interested
WriterFollow me @TL_Chexx
pretender58
Profile Joined August 2013
Germany713 Posts
December 04 2014 08:12 GMT
#222
On December 04 2014 16:58 hero_lief wrote:
Show nested quote +
We've only just started discussing it, don't worry.

Has the deadline passed? I didn't really see one stated.


For the writer applications the OP said that
Applications are open indefinitely.
Mahanaim
Profile Joined December 2012
Korea (South)1002 Posts
December 04 2014 08:19 GMT
#223
Really...want to join...but... I know my skill level...
(but I shouldn't be so passive about myself...but...aruhgiehfoefjsefj)
Good luck to all the applicants!
Celebrating Starcraft since... a long time ago.
FO-nTTaX
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
Johto4999 Posts
December 04 2014 09:52 GMT
#224
On December 04 2014 17:19 Mahanaim wrote:
Really...want to join...but... I know my skill level...
(but I shouldn't be so passive about myself...but...aruhgiehfoefjsefj)
Good luck to all the applicants!

Just try it, maybe others think your writing is better than you think it is. Also If the writers see potential, they might help you growing into a great writer no matter your current state of writing =)
Administrator@FO_nTTaX | FO-nTTaX.de | 0xff0000.dev | Senior Lead Liquipedia Developer
"Nimm es. Es ist nicht viel, aber es kommt von Herzen. Vergiss mich nicht!"
The_Templar
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
your Country52798 Posts
December 06 2014 04:13 GMT
#225
I sent my application
ModeratorI am still alive, somehow
TL+ Member
SetGuitarsToKill
Profile Blog Joined December 2013
Canada28396 Posts
December 06 2014 04:17 GMT
#226
On December 06 2014 13:13 The_Templar wrote:
I sent my application

Good luck. I do plan on writing one but I haven't even started yet (._. )
Community News"As long as you have a warp prism you can't be bad at harassment" - Maru | @SetGuitars2Kill
Brindled
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States508 Posts
December 07 2014 04:32 GMT
#227
Sent my application too!
Ua Mau ke Ea o ka ʻĀina i ka Pono @TL_Brindled11
Topin
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Peru10128 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-12-07 04:36:56
December 07 2014 04:36 GMT
#228
wrong thread
i would define my style between a mix of ByuN, Maru and MKP
InsidiA
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Canada1169 Posts
December 07 2014 20:52 GMT
#229
Never got a response, should I have by now?
GraphicsInsidiA | StarCraft 2 Manager for Team eLevate | Graphic Designer for Red Bull eSports & HTC | @iamjasonpun
Hot_Bid
Profile Blog Joined October 2003
Braavos36402 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-12-07 22:22:12
December 07 2014 21:55 GMT
#230
On December 02 2014 04:52 Canucklehead wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 01 2014 17:07 lichter wrote:
On December 01 2014 16:51 Canucklehead wrote:
On November 29 2014 21:15 DarkLordOlli wrote:
Guys why don't writers get paid?


Because TL knows they can snap their fingers and get people to write for free every time they make such a post. They should kickstarter it like hot bid did so writers can get paid. This is why I find hotbid's kickstarter hilarious. For years he trumpeted the fact that writing for TL is such a privilege that no payment was needed. Now that the shoe is on the other foot, heck no will he write esportsexpress for free. Nope he's got to get paid through kickstarter before he will lift a finger to write. Can't even be mad at hotbid for that because he's no sucker that will work for free.


Hot_Bid didn't for free



I know hot bid didn't write for free, hence why I said now that the shoe is on the other foot he won't write for free. I guess I should have made it more clear that I meant all the writers not named hotbid/waxangel were the unpaid writers I was talking about and hotbid justified their unpaid status every time one of these recruiting posts were made.

I'm well aware that TL is a mostly volunteer run site with only a handful of paid employees like Rich, heyoka, that store dude, etc. The issue is he's fine with writers not getting paid as long as that writer isn't himself! I don't have issue with hotbid paying himself for esportsexpress, but he should do it through sponsors/ads or other means than begging all the gaming communities to pay him through kickstarter.

I think people who write for free for TL are suckers and it's one of the reasons why esports journalism/writing is so devalued because everyone expects people to write for free for status/experience that there are very few paid writing positions in esports.

I wrote for free for 5+ years and did many projects for free, and it was a great experience and it was very rewarding. I didn't ask or get angry at TL, I didn't complain and I only asked for money when we went fulltime after literally many years of writing for free. If I didn't do TL work fulltime (none of my fulltime TL responsibilities included writing) then I'd still be writing for free. It's because I liked writing, and liked having an audience, not once did I think TL was taking advantage of me, because it's a choice I made to spend time on a hobby I enjoyed.

So I don't see how it's hypocritical like you seem to think, because its clear in a company hierarchy that volunteer writers that just joined are not gonna get paid while people who work for free for many years eventually will. It's not strange and you're making it out to be some sort of injustice.

And honestly, if your suggestion is "pay writers a nominal fee" is just kinda useless. Paying someone a really amount that doesn't really give them anything won't make a difference in quality of content or work ethic, because most of the drive behind writers is self-motivation not some crappy $5 per article that doesn't change anyone's life anyway. I challenge you to try to find a site, especially one for Starcraft, that pays proper rates and doesn't ask for volunteers. If TL could, it would, and while it does what it can for staff, it can't pay them what you think they should get.

The issue is he's fine with writers not getting paid as long as that writer isn't himself! I don't have issue with hotbid paying himself for esportsexpress, but he should do it through sponsors/ads or other means than begging all the gaming communities to pay him through kickstarter.

I think it's interesting you're "pro-KS" yet call it begging again. Kickstarter is pay X for Y. It's a slightly more intricate form of buying rather than just a charity. You're purchasing a larger goal and you get rewards. It is not something where you give X and don't get anything back.

Frankly, I'd love for all writers to get paid. The reality simply is that most sites, especially esports ones, can't afford it. If you notice, all the paid employees of TL worked a long time as volunteers. Rich, Heyoka, Disciple, myself, etc all worked for years for free. If you're asking me if I think volunteers that go above and beyond and work for years and are basically part/fulltime employees should get paid, yeah, of course they should. And they have.

So again I don't see how its inconsistent to want a new business to pay its upper level employees, because ESEX is different than TL in the sense that its core business is simply writing. The head editors and writers of ESEX are that, similar to how the head programmer, store guy, editor, etc are that for TL. If you take issue with the method of fundraising, well then you're just kind of inconsistent with how you reason things out since your argument against KS is kind of illogical.
@Hot_Bid on Twitter - ESPORTS life since 2010 - http://i.imgur.com/U2psw.png
The_Templar
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
your Country52798 Posts
December 07 2014 21:58 GMT
#231
On December 08 2014 05:52 InsidiA wrote:
Never got a response, should I have by now?

On December 04 2014 13:10 lichter wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 04 2014 13:06 Maxilicious wrote:
If you are interested in writing for TL Strategy, send an email entitled "TL Strat Application" with the following content to recruitment@teamliquid.net.


Recruitment@teamliquid.net


We've only just started discussing it, don't worry.

Of course, I didn't see this post originally, and I sent my application to plexa@teamliquid.net (like it says in the OP). Is this fine, or should I re-send it to recruitment@teamliquid.net?
ModeratorI am still alive, somehow
TL+ Member
Zealously
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
East Gorteau22261 Posts
December 07 2014 22:10 GMT
#232
On December 08 2014 06:58 The_Templar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 08 2014 05:52 InsidiA wrote:
Never got a response, should I have by now?

Show nested quote +
On December 04 2014 13:10 lichter wrote:
On December 04 2014 13:06 Maxilicious wrote:
If you are interested in writing for TL Strategy, send an email entitled "TL Strat Application" with the following content to recruitment@teamliquid.net.


Recruitment@teamliquid.net


We've only just started discussing it, don't worry.

Of course, I didn't see this post originally, and I sent my application to plexa@teamliquid.net (like it says in the OP). Is this fine, or should I re-send it to recruitment@teamliquid.net?


I think

Zealously@teamliquid.net
lichter@teamliquid.net
Olli@teamliquid.net

is easier. That way we'll all have access to your application and you can be sure all of us will at least read it. I'm actually not sure who currently has access to the recruitment@teamliquid.net e-mail TT
AdministratorBreak the chains
Hot_Bid
Profile Blog Joined October 2003
Braavos36402 Posts
December 07 2014 22:14 GMT
#233
On December 02 2014 07:10 Canucklehead wrote:
No, I'm actually pro kickstarter because people have a choice to donate there. I never tell people where to donate their money to and think it's in bad taste to tell them to. Like during the ALS ice bucket challenge when critics were like donate to starving african children instead! People are free to pick the charities they donate to.

It is 100% a choice for writers to volunteer. It's the same for TL, if someone wants to support TL they can purchase TL gear, they can volunteer time, they can disable adblock, etc. In fact I'd argue that volunteering time to write articles is far more valuable to TL than just giving the site some money.

I do not see how the actual process of giving money to a KS is any different really, you're giving X to get Y back. Y in this case is helping a community you're a part of and any satisfaction you get from the actual writing and having people read your stuff. I really liked that part when I was a writer.

You make a distinction between for-profit and non-profit, but first, not all projects on KS are non profit, the majority are for profit things. Second, nothing is black and white like this. TL might be a business that tries to make money and pay its employees, but do you really think it's a company solely out to generate profits? A lot of the decision making for TL is made with the community in mind and not necessarily about money. Yes, sometimes these interests align and are mutually beneficial.

Additionally, if you think nonprofits are so great you really should look up the causes people are supporting, because those charities make boatloads of money and spend so much on marketing and executive salaries -- oftentimes only a small % of the money actually gets to where it needs to go.

If you think its bad taste to tell people where to donate their money, then you'll understand why you're getting argued against so hard here, you're basically telling people where to volunteer their time. If they enjoy something and want to do something and fully understand the circumstances around it, why do you need to keep coming in and arguing? It's exactly what you find distasteful -- telling people where to spend their time/money.
@Hot_Bid on Twitter - ESPORTS life since 2010 - http://i.imgur.com/U2psw.png
Jer99
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Canada8160 Posts
December 07 2014 22:26 GMT
#234
On December 08 2014 07:10 Zealously wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 08 2014 06:58 The_Templar wrote:
On December 08 2014 05:52 InsidiA wrote:
Never got a response, should I have by now?

On December 04 2014 13:10 lichter wrote:
On December 04 2014 13:06 Maxilicious wrote:
If you are interested in writing for TL Strategy, send an email entitled "TL Strat Application" with the following content to recruitment@teamliquid.net.


Recruitment@teamliquid.net


We've only just started discussing it, don't worry.

Of course, I didn't see this post originally, and I sent my application to plexa@teamliquid.net (like it says in the OP). Is this fine, or should I re-send it to recruitment@teamliquid.net?


I think

Zealously@teamliquid.net
lichter@teamliquid.net
Olli@teamliquid.net

is easier. That way we'll all have access to your application and you can be sure all of us will at least read it. I'm actually not sure who currently has access to the recruitment@teamliquid.net e-mail TT


If it's for writers, send it to either of the ones Zealously provided above. If it's for strat, send the application to recruitment@teamliquid.net, I have access for this one
StrategyTaeJa #1 || @TL_Jer99 || "seeker seeked out his seeking"
ZeromuS
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada13426 Posts
December 07 2014 22:56 GMT
#235
As an addendum for TL strategy, if you are lower level sc2 player and still want to contribute, we would love to have you if you are okay with doing replay and VOD support for us :D
StrategyRTS forever | @ZeromuS_plays | www.twitch.tv/Zeromus_
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
December 07 2014 23:05 GMT
#236
On December 08 2014 07:56 ZeromuS wrote:
As an addendum for TL strategy, if you are lower level sc2 player and still want to contribute, we would love to have you if you are okay with doing replay and VOD support for us :D


Can we just be a guinea pig to strats or a punching bag? I'm really good at those
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Brindled
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States508 Posts
December 08 2014 02:43 GMT
#237
On December 08 2014 07:10 Zealously wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 08 2014 06:58 The_Templar wrote:
On December 08 2014 05:52 InsidiA wrote:
Never got a response, should I have by now?

On December 04 2014 13:10 lichter wrote:
On December 04 2014 13:06 Maxilicious wrote:
If you are interested in writing for TL Strategy, send an email entitled "TL Strat Application" with the following content to recruitment@teamliquid.net.


Recruitment@teamliquid.net


We've only just started discussing it, don't worry.

Of course, I didn't see this post originally, and I sent my application to plexa@teamliquid.net (like it says in the OP). Is this fine, or should I re-send it to recruitment@teamliquid.net?


I think

Zealously@teamliquid.net
lichter@teamliquid.net
Olli@teamliquid.net

is easier. That way we'll all have access to your application and you can be sure all of us will at least read it. I'm actually not sure who currently has access to the recruitment@teamliquid.net e-mail TT


Thank you. I forwarded my app to all three.
Ua Mau ke Ea o ka ʻĀina i ka Pono @TL_Brindled11
Topin
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Peru10128 Posts
December 08 2014 02:54 GMT
#238
looks like writters gets more love that strategy. gl everyone
i would define my style between a mix of ByuN, Maru and MKP
brickrd
Profile Blog Joined March 2014
United States4894 Posts
December 08 2014 03:06 GMT
#239
canucklehead has the causality of industry reversed. he thinks you can create paid jobs and income literally just by demanding money for a service, as if an uprising of content producers could conceivably "force" TL to start handing out money it doesn't have

he might have something vaguely resembling a point if this were anything but an extreme niche website. like, if teamliquid were actually a site about journalism in general and they were snaking around trying to get free content from people desperate to gain experience, yeah, maybe there's something to be discussed there. but this is starcraft 2/esports. the people who are into this are INTO it, and they also know they're a minority, so yeah of course they're going to be willing to volunteer. there aren't a billion people waiting in line out there to write articles about jaedong if they're fairly compensated; this community provides for itself what it can because no one else is going to
TL+ Member
Shtanjel
Profile Joined November 2014
Slovenia49 Posts
March 05 2015 08:32 GMT
#240
I know the article says that the applications are open indefinetly, but since I'm REALLY late to the party is there still a need for writers?
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 48m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 766
GuemChi 592
Leta 321
BeSt 217
Soma 176
Hyun 159
firebathero 127
Mong 76
910 51
sSak 38
[ Show more ]
Bale 25
PianO 23
yabsab 21
ZergMaN 19
HiyA 17
Noble 9
Shine 8
Dota 2
febbydoto11
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss561
ceh9516
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King413
Other Games
summit1g8228
olofmeister880
JimRising 484
Happy336
KnowMe50
Trikslyr28
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick441
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream33
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• killerbeecast34
• Letter146
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Stunt401
• Jankos293
Other Games
• Shiphtur410
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
2h 48m
Patches Events
7h 48m
The PondCast
1d 1h
INu's Battles
1d 2h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 14h
Replay Cast
1d 14h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.