• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:19
CEST 11:19
KST 18:19
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)76Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9370 users

[June] SC2 General Discussion

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 16 17 18 Next All
Liquid`Jinro
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Sweden33719 Posts
June 03 2012 02:19 GMT
#1
Kinda slipped, but let's try to get this back on track~~

Previous Editions
+ Show Spoiler +

March-May '12
February '12
January '12
December '11
November '11
October '11
September '11
August '11
July '11
June '11
May '11
April '11
March '11
February '11
January '11
December '10
November '10
October '10
September '10
August '10
July '10
June '10
May '10
April '10
March '10
February '10
January '10
December '09
November '09


Q: What is this thread?

A: General purpose, SC2 discussion thread.

Q: What should I be posting about?
A: Basically, anything you want to talk about but aren't sure if it warrants a topic of its own. Heard a rumour you want to share? A new video? A question you are sure is super common but can't find the answer to via searching? A brilliant new idea that you want to vet, to make sure it's really as brilliant as you think it is?

This is the place.


Note:
Posting standards will not be as high as if you were to make a new thread, but pointless spam will still not be tolerated. I have seen threads like these work out alright on other sites (for other games) so I figured, why not give it a shot? It's possible there's not really enough content for something like this to exist at this point in time, but no harm then, it will just die on its own.

Moderatortell the guy that interplanatar interaction is pivotal to terrans variety of optionitudals in the pre-midgame preperatories as well as the protosstinal deterriggation of elite zergling strikes - Stimey n | Formerly FrozenArbiter
Digitalis
Profile Joined August 2011
United States1043 Posts
June 03 2012 03:46 GMT
#2
A question I've always wondered is, how are the booths for tournaments? Are they all air conditioned? Do some tournaments have better booths than others? Does it get hot in there ? Does it ever smell in there?
TigerSushi183
Profile Joined June 2012
United States5 Posts
June 03 2012 03:52 GMT
#3
Hey im new into starcraft and wonder what is the best race to go for? i dont care about simplicity or not ive played many RTSs before ( such as C&C and sadly Halo wars >.<) any pointers?
Feel Good inc
ETisME
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
12889 Posts
June 03 2012 03:55 GMT
#4
in the GSTL, TL vs ZeNEX, Life did a very interesting fast muta build against Jinro and won.
my Gomplayer was lagging heavily so I couldn't catch the key timings.

My question is:
Does anyone remember how many mutas and what time they got out? And what time was the lair finished?
Did he drone and make muta or just save everything for more muta production?
其疾如风,其徐如林,侵掠如火,不动如山,难知如阴,动如雷震。
Leefang
Profile Joined July 2010
42 Posts
June 03 2012 04:19 GMT
#5
On June 03 2012 12:52 TigerSushi183 wrote:
Hey im new into starcraft and wonder what is the best race to go for? i dont care about simplicity or not ive played many RTSs before ( such as C&C and sadly Halo wars >.<) any pointers?


Hi TigerSushi, Welcome to Starcraft !

Obviously everybody will give you different opinion on what’s best to play. Win rates tend to be pretty even regardless of what race you choose, with some variation caused temporarily by metagame. Basic idea is:

Terran, a lot of versatility in early game. Benefits greatly from being able to multi-task and micro (unit control).

Protoss, you will make gateway units every game, with different supporting units. If you like using sentries, stalkers, templars, colossus then this might be for you.

Zerg, very reactive, you need to scout and know your opponents build. Not the best at sieging / being offensive to defended bases until late game. If you like playing big macro games and not missing queens injects (good mechanics) then good race for you.

May be watch some streams or MLG/GSL/SPL whatever tournament you want and see which ones excite you the most :D

(and if your talking about BW... please ignore my post :p)
YouMake
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States262 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-03 04:30:50
June 03 2012 04:28 GMT
#6
Jinro take the wheel!

Also how come in SC2 are multiple people allowed the same name? BW was 1 name per person. IE) If i made the name Green someone else couldn't take it.. they should bring it back get's rid of all the bm smurfs.
It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum, but all out of bubble gum! - Duke Nukem!
Ksquared
Profile Joined July 2011
United States1748 Posts
June 03 2012 04:37 GMT
#7
I had two of the biggest fails in SC2 the other night. I built two dt shrines right next to each other and somehow managed to upgrade air armor before warpgate.
eSports for life.
ryx
Profile Joined March 2006
Philippines38 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-03 10:52:43
June 03 2012 04:43 GMT
#8
QUESTION: Why do units die so quickly in SC2? I dunno but for some reason the units all feels so "soft" compared to BW units and I never really thought about it too much until recently cuz I was playing around with Starcraft Master and I realized that it's a pretty obvious deviation from back then. Do you think decreasing attack speeds would help make units easier to micro and stuff? Cuz battles just always seem to end so fast that even if I'd prefer not to 1a everything it ends up being just a couple of steps above that with how fast battles can end. I mean, you'd think that by them making "perfect macro" a whole lot easier, they'd want you to do more micro but for some reason it feels like I micro less in SC2 than in BW...

Just venting and a little curious
***To Korea With Love***
ryx
Profile Joined March 2006
Philippines38 Posts
June 03 2012 04:43 GMT
#9
On June 03 2012 13:37 Ksquared wrote:
I had two of the biggest fails in SC2 the other night. I built two dt shrines right next to each other and somehow managed to upgrade air armor before warpgate.


Hotkeys lol
***To Korea With Love***
Ksquared
Profile Joined July 2011
United States1748 Posts
June 03 2012 05:51 GMT
#10
I still don't get how i hit a instead of g <_<
eSports for life.
Ktk
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Korea (South)753 Posts
June 03 2012 06:11 GMT
#11
On June 03 2012 13:43 ryx wrote:
QUESTION: Why do units die so quickly in SC2? I dunno but for some reason the units all feels so "soft" compared to BW units and I never really thought about it too much until recently cuz I was playing around with Starcraft Master and I realized that it's a pretty obvious deviation from back then. Do you think decreasing attack speeds would help make units easier to micro and stuff? Cuz battles just always seem to end so fast that even if I'd prefer not to 1a everything it ends up being just a couple of steps above that with how fast battles can end. I mean, you'd think that by them making "perfect macro" a whole lot easier, they'd want you to do more micro but for some reason it feels like I micro less in BW than in SC2...

Just venting and a little curious


I personally agree that this isn't great, but while you could say it makes SC2 easier you could also say it's harder in different ways than in BW.

I just prefer having the ability to make the most of my units in an epic drawn out engagement and that is "harder" as in there's less time to do the same in SC2 as you could in BW. Engagements end so fast. Laser shows. Banelings. Marauders. The whole game is faster; units move, clump, attack, and die faster.

A lot of engagements are decided by pre-engagement position more than mid-engagement micro (I won't count spellcasting in micro since that's really mostly just aiming an instant aoe of doom, be it storm fungal emp), this certainly doesn't exclude micro from it altogether, but it doesn't feel as important. (You'll still die if you don't pull colossi back from vikings, etc)
KillingVector
Profile Joined June 2012
United States96 Posts
June 03 2012 06:18 GMT
#12
I was thinking of making a thread asking people to send emails to the media to raise awareness of the upcoming MLG. Maybe, send some emails to local news/radio stations in Anaheim, or maybe to CNN or something. Anything to atleast let MLG be mentioned on TV.

I even thought of sending a message to late night talk shows around Anaheim. They always do those bits where they interview people talking at various conventions/events.

I'm sort of inspired by the recent cnbc article:
http://www.cnbc.com/id/47633993

Of course, I wouldn't encourage the use of a "fill in your name here" type email, but of course something more personal.

Anyone think this is a good idea? Or would it be "coming on too strong"?
"In mathematics you don't understand things. You just get used to them." - John Von Neumann
Liquid`Jinro
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Sweden33719 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-03 07:16:35
June 03 2012 07:07 GMT
#13
On June 03 2012 12:46 Digitalis wrote:
A question I've always wondered is, how are the booths for tournaments? Are they all air conditioned? Do some tournaments have better booths than others? Does it get hot in there ? Does it ever smell in there?

The GSL booths never get too hot, their studio is kinda cold even in the summer.
MLG booths can be scorching hot as far as I remember, but I thiiiiiiiink they may also be the most soundproof? Not entirely sure.
I don't remember much from DH booths except that they were nice lol

On June 03 2012 12:52 TigerSushi183 wrote:
Hey im new into starcraft and wonder what is the best race to go for? i dont care about simplicity or not ive played many RTSs before ( such as C&C and sadly Halo wars >.<) any pointers?

Terran is the most aggressive and offensive multitask oriented race, and it also really lends itself to good use of terrain. Also probably has the most diverse styles of play with how different mech vs biomech vs bio plays out, and the relative viability of all three options in all three matchups (much less so mech in TvP). By far the most micro heavy race.

Zerg is the most passive race (though I think this gives slightly the wrong impression as they have a lot of aggressive options too, just that they benefit the most from being left to their own devices) and a race that will really benefit from a broad perspective I think (you will be very spread out, constantly increasing your creep and with bases all over the map you have to really be on your toes to keep them all defended). Probably the race that depends the most on having carefully mapped out openings, as you always wanna skirt the line of 'just enough' shit to not die, while being as greedy as possible. Least demanding microwise.

Protoss has a lot of bullshit they can pull, with viable timings at every stage of the game (kind of similar to terran). Early game you'll have a lot of micro potential and cute (bullshit) moves, or you can just sit back and go for a more economical play. Incredibly strong 2 base timings. Late midgame you will generally be playing a 'ball' game, moving your gigantic blob of combined arms around the map slaughtering shit and expanding behind it. Late game you have more map presence than any other race with the power of warp-ins turning a single pylon into a threat.
Moderatortell the guy that interplanatar interaction is pivotal to terrans variety of optionitudals in the pre-midgame preperatories as well as the protosstinal deterriggation of elite zergling strikes - Stimey n | Formerly FrozenArbiter
zEnVy
Profile Joined June 2011
United States446 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-03 07:46:37
June 03 2012 07:34 GMT
#14
I definitely just played the most epic game of starcraft of my life tonight.

http://drop.sc/190513 (I'm the terran player)

I was pretty sure he had me dead about 3-4 times this game. It got to the point where I just rage scanned his 4th base to see how far ahead he was with the intent of GGing out.

I wonder, how many top 8 diamond players I need to beat before I get out of plat?
Deyster
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Jordan579 Posts
June 03 2012 07:45 GMT
#15
Just a simple technical question:

I have not installed SC2 properly, but rather copied the game folder from my other machine and it works perfectly, but the replay files (when viewed in windows files browser) are not associated with anything. I tried associating them with Starcraft.exe, but all it does is start SC2 and not play the replay, so anyone has any idea to which file I should associate SC2Replay files to?
Watch the minimap.
Pri1230
Profile Joined September 2010
United Kingdom148 Posts
June 03 2012 07:56 GMT
#16
On June 03 2012 16:45 Deyster wrote:
Just a simple technical question:

I have not installed SC2 properly, but rather copied the game folder from my other machine and it works perfectly, but the replay files (when viewed in windows files browser) are not associated with anything. I tried associating them with Starcraft.exe, but all it does is start SC2 and not play the replay, so anyone has any idea to which file I should associate SC2Replay files to?


Hey what i did was open with sc2switcher which can be found in the support folder in your starcraft II directory see if that works.
crazymunch
Profile Joined June 2011
Australia44 Posts
June 03 2012 08:04 GMT
#17
On June 03 2012 13:28 YouMake wrote:
Jinro take the wheel!

Also how come in SC2 are multiple people allowed the same name? BW was 1 name per person. IE) If i made the name Green someone else couldn't take it.. they should bring it back get's rid of all the bm smurfs.


I don't know about that... See YellOw Vs. YellOw, both BW progamers
Nokshalees
Profile Joined March 2012
United States120 Posts
June 03 2012 08:34 GMT
#18
Why does blizzard hate terran so much.

Even with an interface patch. Terran somehow got a nerf lol. (patch for the bunker lol)
MKP/MVP/Kas/ThorZaiN/Jinro/ForGG | I MAEK HAE BYUNG. | #terranprideworldwide
Lavit2099
Profile Joined November 2011
United States390 Posts
June 03 2012 08:50 GMT
#19
On June 03 2012 17:34 Nokshalees wrote:
Why does blizzard hate terran so much.

Even with an interface patch. Terran somehow got a nerf lol. (patch for the bunker lol)


Well that didn't take long before someone started to whine about balance -_-

This is sorta SC related but sorta not. I'm sitting here watching Sportscenter and they brought up a stat, saying some guy won four races and has five top 5 finishes. I've seen stuff like this in SC as well but the question is, when looking at the top 5/top 10 or whatever finishes, do they count the ones before it? Meaning, in the first example, did he only get one 2-5th plance finish or five between 2-5? Shit like this always bugs me >,<
IFVIBHU
Profile Joined October 2011
Denmark40 Posts
June 03 2012 09:58 GMT
#20
On June 03 2012 12:52 TigerSushi183 wrote:
Hey im new into starcraft and wonder what is the best race to go for? i dont care about simplicity or not ive played many RTSs before ( such as C&C and sadly Halo wars >.<) any pointers?



You should try them all a couple of times and see which ones you like best

and if you go to youtube.com/filtersc he has a tutorial for terran and is working on one for zerg
1 2 3 4 5 16 17 18 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 41m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 1205
Hyun 568
firebathero 541
Hyuk 398
BeSt 329
Jaedong 269
Mong 268
Soma 189
Shine 86
PianO 82
[ Show more ]
Sexy 62
910 50
Mind 48
sSak 41
Hm[arnc] 35
Shinee 30
ZergMaN 26
Bale 25
yabsab 20
HiyA 19
Sharp 15
sorry 12
ZerO 11
Noble 10
Stork 7
Terrorterran 4
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1128
shoxiejesuss920
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King351
Other Games
gofns31658
summit1g7067
ceh9606
KnowMe126
Pyrionflax100
Trikslyr29
Livibee27
ZerO(Twitch)6
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick476
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream33
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos973
• Stunt404
Other Games
• Shiphtur421
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
1h 41m
Patches Events
6h 41m
The PondCast
1d
INu's Battles
1d 1h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 12h
Replay Cast
1d 13h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.