• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:42
CEST 23:42
KST 06:42
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6829 users

[June] SC2 General Discussion - Page 16

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 14 15 16 17 18 Next All
redruMBunny
Profile Joined June 2012
74 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-02 21:29:18
July 02 2012 21:15 GMT
#301
On July 02 2012 21:52 Emix_Squall wrote:
Hey, so this is definitely not thread worthy but I'd love to get a few people's opinion on my situation. Basically I've read a lot of post (and specifically one today) about plat players who have been plat for 2 years and never got any better, never got promoted or anything. That's basically my situation too!+ Show Spoiler +
I've been plat the past 5 seasons, only had a quick time in diamond a couple of months ago but I had to stop playing for a couple of weeks right after and got demoted when I came back.
So for most players who are in this situation, what people advice them is to practice more efficiently, trying to focus on specific aspects of their gameplay, and training with partners of a higher level. I guess I should do the same
However I'm playing random, always have and always will. I'm not a cheesy player at all, I prefer straight up macro game 99% of the time. So I was just wondering if as random, there could be specific tips or hints on how to play better (note that focusing on specific builds isn't really relevant for me yet, I'd first like to get to a point of flawless mechanics).

Edit: also note that I always let my opponent know my race within the first 20 seconds of the game ... it can sometime do me wrong since smart players will understand "he tells me his race = he wants straight up play = I'm gonna cheese him easily" but I prefere it this way because not telling my race always ends up in playing a crooked early game (for both me and my opponent, he would have to be ready for anything and I would have to take into account him not doing stuffs like Forge Fast Expand in PvZ ... because he's scared of the Terran possibility of my randomness)
.


From your post, it seems to me that you're quite comfortable playing in your own style. Taking that as given, it's useless to give advice that you won't take.

(edit) - I understand this seems dismissive of the poster's purported concern. But really.

1. Says he should practice according to particular advice, but admits he doesn't do it and hasn't done it.
2. Says he is "not a cheesy player". If you're good, or are even serious about improving, cheese is a weapon in your arsenal.
3. Says he prefers a straight up macro 99%. Again, this focus on side issues.
4. Says he always randoms, always will. More absolutes. Besides which IMO even random players should take turns focusing on particular races.
5. Says he wants "flawless mechanics" - considering the wording of the post so far, I think this is idealistic and unrealistic, rather than merely a poorly chosen turn of phrase.
6. Advises opponents 20 seconds in - again (again) focus on side issues.
7. Justifies (6) with fear of "crooked early game" - more side issues. Your opponent should well consider the possibility you are lying when you inform of race anyways.

Again and again, there is focus not on improvement, but on all these side issues and semirealistic (at best) expectations.

If you want to play the game for fun, play for fun, and don't worry about "improving" or whatever. If you're so fixated on improvement, you could think that since everyone's improved since release, staying at platinum has meant you've kept up with the increasingly difficult competition. So there you go. You've improved, you're having fun, you don't need to take a lot of advice that apparently intrudes on your comfort level.

If you want to play the game and kick ass and move up in the field, then you'd better be prepared to smash all your side issues and preconceptions in the goal of kicking ass. But again, since it seems clear to me this is not something the poster's at all prepared to do, it seems that advising the poster in that regard is fruitless, thankless, and pointless.
Rudragun
Profile Joined July 2012
United States5 Posts
July 02 2012 23:12 GMT
#302
On July 02 2012 15:47 HappyMiku wrote:
Where it's not healthy how pissed off I'm getting. I want to quit but, I simply can't I still love it. But, Terran it's just I can't do most of my match-ups anymore. (this isn't balance whine) Now with HTs popping when my medivacs pop I can't do my timing anymore so I'm having a 0% win rate unless they do something really dumb. And zerg, yeah that's it. TvT is just chess. I so want to quit like you have no idea then I see someone like MKP or all of the pros they aren't bothered and it inspires me but this stress is getting to me and idk what to do.


What do you guys do about this?


Honestly? I'd take a break. Take a month off, then come back. No one will think less of you. Since you're having such anxiety about it, the proper course of action is not to repeat the behavior that makes you anxious.
Dissonance23
Profile Joined September 2010
United States259 Posts
July 03 2012 02:47 GMT
#303
Where will MLG Raleigh be? I want to book a Hotel within walking distance of it.
Probe1
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States17920 Posts
July 03 2012 06:56 GMT
#304
Taken from there website here

"We'll be hitting Raleigh on August 26-28, and it's time to get your passes. "
우정호 KT_VIOLET 1988 - 2012 While we are postponing, life speeds by
NeMeSiS3
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
Canada2972 Posts
July 03 2012 13:10 GMT
#305
is sc2 down right now? 10:10 Atlantic time, so like 6:10 Pacific, 9:10 eastern and 8:10 central.
FoTG fighting!
Shield
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Bulgaria4824 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-03 19:10:32
July 03 2012 19:09 GMT
#306
As Terran's T3 problems are widely recognised, do you think armory upgrades should be combined into one category - mech. In other words, factory and starport units share the same upgrades. I think it's kind of inflexible to transition if you have 3 tech paths (engineering bay upgrades, air upgrades and ground mech upgrades).

P.S. I'm not balance whining or something, I'm just giving you a topic for discussion. Terran isn't even my main race.
Probe1
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States17920 Posts
July 03 2012 20:31 GMT
#307
So much Terran bm on the ladder now adays :|

Kinda makes me want to quote every single Zerg whine post from the 2011 into a thread and write in big, bold letters: "This is exactly what you look like". It's not pretty when anyone does it.
우정호 KT_VIOLET 1988 - 2012 While we are postponing, life speeds by
redruMBunny
Profile Joined June 2012
74 Posts
July 03 2012 22:38 GMT
#308
On July 04 2012 05:31 Probe1 wrote:
So much . . . bm on the ladder now adays :| (snip)


Edited for correctness. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
ysnake
Profile Joined June 2012
Bosnia-Herzegovina261 Posts
July 04 2012 01:40 GMT
#309
On July 04 2012 04:09 darkness wrote:
As Terran's T3 problems are widely recognised, do you think armory upgrades should be combined into one category - mech. In other words, factory and starport units share the same upgrades. I think it's kind of inflexible to transition if you have 3 tech paths (engineering bay upgrades, air upgrades and ground mech upgrades).

P.S. I'm not balance whining or something, I'm just giving you a topic for discussion. Terran isn't even my main race.


day9 did a daily about this recently and many Terrans have incorporated that daily, since a lot of Terran players were using it.

This primarily deals with gglord composition that a Terran cannot face in a straight on battle, especially since they keep maxing T1, T1.5 units the entire game. The only way you can win is to exploit the immobility of gglords (they are slow as fuck), just have your army where the gglords aren't and don't sit in your base. ALWAYS DROP, and by always I mean 2-3 drops constantly going down, you should have enough production facilities at that point to remake that army in 20-25 in-game seconds. Just chop down the Zerg's expansions (even if they have Spine Crawlers at their expansions, get some Marauders in the mix and use 2 full Medivacs), keep poking with your Vikings at the gglords forcing them to back off, but DO NOT OVERMAKE VIKINGS, if the Zerg sees you have 20+ Vikings on the field, he will just tech-switch to Ultras and possibly end up winning the game, as most of your army is air-only.

Whenever I face a high Diamond/Masters Terran, they either a-move into gglords (bad idea) and lose and just go "zerg imba, omg, can't do shit" or play a smart game and avoid the army at all times. All of those BM Terrans sit behind their wall of Siege Tanks and Supply Depots and then cry about imbalance when you bring your only siege unit in action, because you attacked their turtle, don't turtle late-game versus Zerg, you give the immobile gglord army map control, and that is bad.

Mech can be a viable solution, but 10+ gglords/corruptors/infestors+ground fodder can kill you if they get even a decent engagement. Think of your bio army as Speedlings in early/mid game, as that's how slow the gglords are, avoid fighting them at all costs and constantly poke with Vikings.
You are no longer automatically breathing and blinking.
Shield
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Bulgaria4824 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-04 14:29:04
July 04 2012 14:28 GMT
#310
Can anyone please tell me how I can buy NA version of SC2 except Blizzard's website? Digital purchase is also fine. I already have the files.
Dissonance23
Profile Joined September 2010
United States259 Posts
July 05 2012 20:45 GMT
#311
On July 03 2012 15:56 Probe1 wrote:
Taken from there website here

"We'll be hitting Raleigh on August 26-28, and it's time to get your passes. "


That's from last year, and I'm looking for a where not when. :p I want to know where the convention is so I can get a hotel near it.
Dynamoe
Profile Joined June 2012
United States5 Posts
July 05 2012 21:50 GMT
#312
I’m a silver protoss player and I wanted to work on my mechanics. One of my bad habits is scrolling too much rather than clicking on the minimap. I was thinking of setting the scroll speed to 1% to force myself not to scroll. I was just wondering what people thought of this idea and if anyone has tried it. Any comments or concerns would be appreciated.
one zealot to rule them all
Ktk
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Korea (South)753 Posts
July 05 2012 21:59 GMT
#313
You're going to fucking hate it but it will be good for you. Use the camera (f2 f3 f4 etc) hotkeys, spacebar, and minimap, they are a godsend.
jaca-
Profile Joined August 2011
Poland23 Posts
July 06 2012 05:31 GMT
#314
Is "Code B" an unofficial name for Code A Qualifiers?
Bagration
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States18282 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-06 05:42:01
July 06 2012 05:41 GMT
#315
On July 06 2012 14:31 jaca- wrote:
Is "Code B" an unofficial name for Code A Qualifiers?


Kind of, it basically means anyone who isn't in the GSL, but are trying to qualify + Show Spoiler +
(I added the trying to qualify because Code B would otherwise lose its meaning if you include every pro gamer who wasn't in GSL, even if they weren't even in Korea)
Team Slayers, Axiom-Acer and Vile forever
Probe1
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States17920 Posts
July 06 2012 11:19 GMT
#316
Yeah, Code B is kinda like slang. It's not official. You don't describe anyone not in GSL as code B though.
우정호 KT_VIOLET 1988 - 2012 While we are postponing, life speeds by
ErAsc2
Profile Joined May 2012
Sweden256 Posts
July 06 2012 11:40 GMT
#317
On July 06 2012 06:50 Dynamoe wrote:
I’m a silver protoss player and I wanted to work on my mechanics. One of my bad habits is scrolling too much rather than clicking on the minimap. I was thinking of setting the scroll speed to 1% to force myself not to scroll. I was just wondering what people thought of this idea and if anyone has tried it. Any comments or concerns would be appreciated.

That's a really bad idea. It's not like scrolling is bad unless it's very far away. Set your scroll speed at ~75%-100% instead.
Swedish GM Protoss http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/profile/2336142/1/MilkEA/
Hydro033
Profile Joined July 2012
United States136 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-06 14:31:25
July 06 2012 14:30 GMT
#318
So I killed 30 lings with 1 baneling in a 2v2 Diamond league match, can anyone top this? I'd love to see sick baneling hits.
#Wet4Ret
hugman
Profile Joined June 2009
Sweden4644 Posts
July 06 2012 17:15 GMT
#319
If your mothership gets NPed, can you start a new one?
Dynamoe
Profile Joined June 2012
United States5 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-06 19:01:32
July 06 2012 18:59 GMT
#320
On July 06 2012 06:59 Ktk wrote:
You're going to fucking hate it but it will be good for you. Use the camera (f2 f3 f4 etc) hotkeys, spacebar, and minimap, they are a godsend.

Thanks. I assume that I'll hate it and that it'll probably make me worse at first but hopefully it'll eventually help.
one zealot to rule them all
Prev 1 14 15 16 17 18 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 12h 18m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ZombieGrub265
Nina 138
NeuroSwarm 115
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14084
NaDa 21
Bale 14
Dota 2
febbydoto27
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King62
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu682
Other Games
Grubby3682
summit1g3454
Liquid`RaSZi1967
shahzam576
WinterStarcraft408
ToD296
C9.Mang0274
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream33
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 39
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade1110
Other Games
• imaqtpie990
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
12h 18m
INu's Battles
13h 18m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
15h 18m
OSC
1d
Replay Cast
1d 1h
OSC
2 days
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.